Ambrosia Software Web Board: An Excuse for a New Topic - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

An Excuse for a New Topic Or a Momentous Occasion

#1 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

It seems that 453 has passed the 1000 post mark. I guess that means she's not a junior member anymore.

...I'll have to delete some of her posts to fix that :P .
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#2 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

Cool, I didn't notice that. Can I be a member of the Ancient Cytheran Forumites Club now? :D

I can't believe that Sely posted a spam thread. I just can't believe it. Tyry, were you behind this?

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 12 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'll become even more undignified than this

#3 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

It's less of a spam topic and more of an excuse to generate activity.

I guess you can join the "Ancient Cytheran Formites Club," although I don't see how that's going to get you into the " Ancient Cytheran Forumites Club."

Selax

#4 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Are you sure Tyry's not behind this? I bet Tyry's behind it. Like that time he pretended you had feelings and were in love.

But I'll try to remember next time I start a spam thread, to call it an excuse to generate activity ^_^ The next thousand posts will fly by!

I'll point out (in case anyone hasn't noticed) that if the minimum post count for custom member titles hadn't changed from 1000 to 500, Wizzy would still be a Junior Member.

#5 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to make a speech, aren't I?

The Cythera forum and Cythera Chronicles forum have meant a lot to me. I remember being terrified of the internet and thinking I'd surely never use it, but I wanted so much to find out more about Cythera. My brother showed me Slayer's Guide, and I think I followed a link from there to this webboard.

I remember sitting at the computer in my brother's room (back then the family computer was kept in his room) reading the forum for long periods of time. My mom once asked me what I was doing and I said I was reading a webboard; she was shocked. "You're on the internet?!?"

For what seemed like ages, I dreamed of posting here, I had so many Cythera questions to ask, I even had a piece of paper where I wrote down all my questions when I thought of them. But I didn't have an email address, my brother had already used the family's email address for his own Ambrosia account, and there didn't seem to be any way for me to get posting-access. I think my brother mainly didn't want to help me because he thought I'd be a n00b.

Eventually Daddy helped me sign up for an email address and an Ambrosia account. I named my account Karana. At the time, my favourite pokémon was Kirei Hana, I thought that was a pretty name, and when I came across the name Karana in some random book, I thought it was a slightly abbreviated version of Kirei Hana ^_~ Karana was my all-around internet identity and I named my Neopets account and AOL Instant Messenger account the same thing (but with numbers tacked on the end). To be fair, my brother's fears that I would be a n00b were well-founded and now I feel a bit embarrassed when I read my old Karana posts. But oh well, people were nice to me. Except Slayer. Jerk.

Years later, I really got into the Cythera board again, and wanted to troll it. I needed a new account, so as not to soil the perfect reputation of Karana. What to name my troll account? I'm not very creative, so I just opened a hymnal that was sitting on the desk next to the computer to a random page. The song on that page was "Bread of the World, in Mercy Broken, Hymn #453" (I think I'm remembering that title right). I'd never sung it before or anything, but it sounded like a pretty name.

My trolling goal was teach Prusa haters how cool she is (Prusa rocks!), but I don't think that was very successful. I eventually (years later, I think) convinced Sely to delete that thread, but sneaky Tyry pinned it first, leaving it to be forever pinned in the afterlife. All of this happened while cruel Illy, who knew exactly what was going on, laughed mercilessly and said nothing. (As much power as these guys like to think they have, apparently none of them can unpin a deleted topic, and for all I know it's still pinned in the deleted topics board today) That night was when I realized that I hate moderators.

Anyway, I ended up using this account for regular, friendly posting, and it became my new identity ^_^

I've made a lot of friends over the internet, but most of those friendships have been very short. Once I started using #cythera, it was different. Many of the friends I made then, 6+ years ago, are still my friends today. Most notably, one of them married me <3 The people on the Cythera board and channel are just awesome, simple as that. Y'all rock. I think this place has had a lovely impact on my life.

Most of my now 1004 posts have been in the Cythera board or the Cythera Chronicles board. I don't know if there's a way to check, but I bet I'm near 1000 Cythera posts at this point ^_^

#6 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

I have a feeling that there was once a way to check which forums you'd posted on, but I'm not positive it ever existed, let alone still exists. Maybe I'm tired and imagining things.

#7 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

BMW, you have 972 posts on the Cythera web board. (I can only check the most-used forum and thus can't non-lazily count your posts in the Chronicles. But you could search for your posts there and count yourself!)

Katerei was most active in the EV B&B with 1,551 posts there. You can tell where she puts her priorities. :( (Obviously, all she needs is another thousand story posts or GM contributions to set the record straight.)

I don't see the Prusa troll thread among the only four threads still pinned in the deleted archives folder.

And, I have had the admins reset Selax's password for him because obviously someone has compromised his account.
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#8 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

I just value quality over quantity on Cythera!

Except in this post, apparently.

#9 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

Tyry- I'm not sure Sely's account is the one that was compromised. I noticed that although starting a spam thread was shocking, the OP's wording and tone did sound like Sely. Only one person is that good at impersonations - and I think it's more likely that Kat got into your account than Sely's.

So you're saying that if Kat's B&B posts were subtracted (& come on, the B&B shouldn't count toward one's post count), she would have <1000 posts? :o

I'm glad my Prusa thread is finally out of the spotlight ^_^

So I had a nice (though very short) dream the other night. Kat was starring in a play of some sort, and we went to see it. When we entered the theatre, the first person I saw was Kat. She was already costumed and had her hair done up in a silly way and she looked cute. I waved to her but felt shy and hid behind Lettie, then we went to find seats. We passed Tyry and I hid behind Lettie again. In the highest seats in the very back row, we found Koy and sat down next to him. That's all I can remember!

#10 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

Last time I was able to check, my "most posted" board was Ares Trash Talk, but I've barely posted there in the last 10 years! I think I'd still be 1k+ without them, though.

453: aren't you a little big to hide behind Lettie?

#11 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Couldn't you make me a moderator of some nonexistent or old locked forum so that I can look at my own profile? -_-

#12 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

Pallas was most active in Ares Trash Talk with 656 posts. You must have split most of your posts across the other Ares boards and here.
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#13 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

If this is a spam topic, it is one of the least active that we have had in some time...

Selax

#14 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

I forget what we're supposed to do in spam threads. Tyry gets all huffy when we kill each other meaninglessly, which really limits what you can do. Maybe we could just talk about our lives and what we do these days? I know some things:

-Sely still spends every waking moment (not sure he sleeps either) trying to keep up with some academic program which is known to kill students.

-Kat recently moved & is still dealing with the stresses of that, as well as work two jobs, go to school, wash & dry her dishes one-by-one because her kitchen's tiny, study for the JLPT, and write her novel. (Okay, so she's not actually working on her novel. Rawr.)

-Tyry also recently moved and now works for the company who killed Ambrosia Software. His free time is spent editing & cleaning up old team stories for archival.

-Fiery works for JET, I'm not sure what that stands for, but it means he teaches English in Japan. I'm not sure what he does with his free time, or if he has any. It seems like he's always at work or sleeping. People in Japan sleep at weird times.

-I have not talked to Koy in a long time. But I think he's still in the Army, stationed somewhere in America now, and got married a couple months back.

-This one's so obvious I almost forgot it: Shorty still works full-time at the grocery store. The rest of his time is pretty-much spent taking care of me & the kids, or doing things together. Sometimes he sits down at his computer a bit, and reads web-comics or browses a web-forum that is much more active than this one. He doesn't seem interested in finishing his Downfall series.

-I don't know anything about Nezmy, City, or Day. I know barely anything about Illy, Uno, or Wizzy. I haven't seen Buzzy in ages. Maybe I should just make up things about them so they'll be motivated to post and correct me? hmm.

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 18 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

#15 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 18 October 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

-Tyry also recently moved and now works for the company who killed Ambrosia Software.

I don't work for Apple. :blink:

#16 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

I don't know which one is worse...

(for the record, I think Ambrosia died because it stopped producing games. *shrug*)

#17 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

I've decided that BMW should write a Cythera gossip magazine.

I'm not taking the JLPT this year, too many other things to worry about :(

#18 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Hmm, you just have to make up stories about well-known people, right?

Selax's Shocking Secret!
The truth about Selax's academic status (full story on page 24)

(Full story) Selax is infamous for his outstanding academic success. His unending dedication to doing a perfect job in every assignment is unmatched by any sane person. But is Selax as successful as he lets on?

A source close to Selax has disclosed some shocking information. "Several months ago," said The Wizard* in an exclusive interview, "Selax received a final letter-grade of a C in a crucial college course. He has been too ashamed to admit it."

This means that Selax has been deceiving his friends for several months. Currently his GPA stands at an atrocious 3.9. What will this mean for Selax's future career as a spaceship engineer? His friend Lilyrei* was interviewed for her thoughts.

"Good rocket scientists are hard to find," reasoned Lilyrei. "I don't think potential employers are going to be too picky about his GPA. If NASA decides he's too dumb/lazy for them, he could always get a job with an aspiring evil overlord. It wouldn't pay well, but with funding cuts, NASA probably wouldn't pay well either."

Fellow engineering-major Mackilroy* was also asked his opinion. "Personally, I don't let one bad grade here and there bother me, so long as I pass all my courses and I remain irresistible to the ladies. Selax may want to take a leaf from my book."

Another friend, Avatara*, had a different opinion. "Selax is just lazy," explained Avatara. "He can always eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom after he gets his Ph.D. He should also consider sleeping on a bench on campus to save commute time."

This story, unfortunately, had to be postponed until Selax's Fall Reading break, so that he could be briefly interviewed.

"I don't want to talk about it," said Selax* irritably, when asked about his C-grade. "My instructor had some very unrealistic expectations and no one in the class got above 73%. Most got more like 50-60%. It was a nightmare that I do not wish to relive."

When asked about his future prospects, Selax answered, "grim at best. I fear I will not be able to get into graduate school with my present GPA. I'm further worried about how I'll be able to continue to live with my parents while attending grad school, when there are none in the area. Even more solemn, recent political problems in our country indicate that there may not be a future in Aerospace Engineering at all. All I can say is that it looks very unfavorable. Unfortunately, I do not have time to worry right now, I need to get back to my schoolwork."

*This person was not actually interviewed, responses given were guessed.

#19 User is offline   Mackilroy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

I don't actually post here. This is Num453 using Illy's account.
At last he came to a door, with these words in glowing emeralds: THE END OF THE WORLD. He did not hesitate. He opened the door and stepped through.

#20 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 19 August 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

My brother showed me Slayer's Guide, and I think I followed a link from there to this webboard.

Oddly enough, I think I found the board through Slayer's Guide, too.
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#21 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

I must admit, Slayer's Guide rocked. I wonder how many more copies of the Hintbook they could've sold if it weren't for Slayer's Guide?

#22 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

View Postcache22, on 12 November 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Oddly enough, I think I found the board through Slayer's Guide, too.

I think I just followed Avatara home from the Ares boards one day, or something creepy like that.

(And my first post here was about the High-Elven language. I am a cool guy.)

This post has been edited by Pallas Athene: 12 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

#23 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

Your first Cythera post was in October of 2002? That doesn't sound right :\

#24 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Nope, it checks out with my archive. It's hard to search for oldest post, but I can search for the oldest topics I participated in. I also posted to the older topics #cythera ! and Omen's Little Reward, but at much later dates. So yeah, I'm a long-time board member, but it was a while before I made the jump to the Cythera boards.

#25 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 18 October 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

-Sely still spends every waking moment (not sure he sleeps either) trying to keep up with some academic program which is known to kill students.

Does sleeping an average of four hours (sometimes two or six) a night count?

Also, how did you know how my semester was going? Your news "article" is fairly accurate.

I think I found the web board via google, but I don't recall clearly. I do know that I found the chrons first (back in 2003, I think), when it was a separate link on the game's main page, and surmised that there group stories going on somewhere (but didn't think to try the web board link). Eventually, I got curious enough to investigate and found the board. The TSs looked like fun, so I decided to try one (Echoes).

Selax

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users