Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Tavern at the End of the Universe - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Tavern at the End of the Universe Have fun guys, while I sneak off and join the B&B cult!

#51 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:06 AM

OOC: Might as well join up. BIC:

Dark opened the door to his room after finishing his morning 'ritual'. He had first cranked out 3 sets of 25 push ups, which was folllowed by an hour long hot shower. Dark had decided on wearing his uniform today considering he would end up wearing it for some reason anyways. He grabbed his cover and opened the door and carried his laptop under his other arm towards the building that was typically refered to has "CC's Second Tavern".

Dark looked at the sign and shruged at the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference before opening the door, removing his cover and sitting down at a table that was out of the sunlight but near the coffee. The laptop began to wake up from sleep as Dark wiped some lint off of his blue service dress uniform. Satisfied, Dark continued over to the coffee, filled up a big mug and then returned to his laptop.

He had a small issue deciding wether or not to tell of his journey to the city of Uplink or to a foriegn country known as Oni. Dark's dilemma was soon solved as Rythan walked by. Dark automatically said "hey" and then as Dark realized Rythan was right there, he challenged Rythan to a duel. "The day you get your computer back, come here so that you can fight me in a duel of wits, reaction time, and how trigger happy you are.... a match of Halo!"

Some random person gasped in the background and then Dark nodded to Rythan and sat down, logged into his account under "Koi" and was reading the logs of what has been occuring today, when he knocked over his coffee out of suprise. Saddened, Dark got back up and procedded to clean up the coffee mess. He then began wondering if mrxak was ever up for match 3, so that the true victor could be decided. Dark quickly wiped off the Master Seargent ranks that he was wearing and then opened up a folder called "Project Daedalus". The same random person mentioned before randomly said "ooo, aaah, impressive."

-Dark
old - new

iKaterei said:

i wish i could put ... in all caps

#52 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:29 PM

After about an hour, Jehezekel went out to the gazebo, and drew pictures on brown packing paper.
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#53 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:09 PM

OOC: Oh great Avatara, forgive me for ending the love potion. The traitors on #cythera forced me to do so, threatening never to let me have op status ever again. BIC:

While Dark was busy typing away, Selax had discovered the antidote. As Selax quickly scanned the network for who he could enlist to help distribute the antidote, he noticed a new conection and looked at the ip, "Ah Dark is awake, hopefully he hasn't had anything yet from that has the contaminated water in it..." Selax sent over a pm, and Dark responed after learning the prediciment, saying that he would help.

Dark closed his laptop and then walked calmly towards Selax's room. Once Selax confirmed it was Dark, he opened the door and handed him the nuetralizing syringe. Selax then called CC back over and started to talk to her while Dark sneaked back from around a corner and injected her with the antidote. Selax looked at Dark and said "She is bound to have some emtional problems as she goes into withdrawl of the love potion. Now lets treat the others." The two then walked out, quietly, carrying enough doses to de-love-potion everyone.

-Dark
old - new

iKaterei said:

i wish i could put ... in all caps

#54 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:11 PM

Selax wondered why he had come out into the hallway...he'd intended to trick someone else into putting the antidote in the water for him. Since he was out of his hiding place as it was, he decided to go dump the antidote in the water, although he couldn't say how effective it would be in that medium.

Reaching the well without difficulty, he dumped the antidote in and began to sneak back to his room. Fortunately, it seemed Avatara was distracted with something else for the moment...
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#55 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:06 PM

Crazy heard Selax calling her just minutes after she'd turned the generator on. Wondering what he wanted this time, she hurried back.
Selax backed her into a corner and started talking randomly. Crazy was wondering if he'd been affected too, when she felt a sharp twinge in her left arm. Looking down, she saw Dark injecting her with something.
"Hey! What is that?" she asked sharply.
"The antidote." Dark replied, and put the syringe back in his pocket.
"Oh." She couldn't think of anything else to say, except, "Need me for anything else?"
Selax shook his head, and Crazy turned and walked back around the corner. She was out of earshot before Selax murmured, "She is bound to have some emotional problems as she goes into withdrawal of the love potion. Now let's treat the others."

Crazy was summoning up her courage to ask cache for advice on her chron. It was taking a long time, and she was whiling away the intervening time by drawing hearts on her notepad.
As she was colouring them in with her felt-tips, a wave of melancholy washed over her, so strong she began to worry what was wrong with her.
Too strong to be a mood-swing. Wonder what it's all about?
Then she lay down on her bed and cried, knowing she'd feel better afterwards.
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#56 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:27 PM

When Jehezekel saw Dark coming at him with a syringe, he hid on the rafters of the gazebo.

#57 User is offline   TMBassassin 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:26 AM

Kamille had been looking at the ceiling in a dazed, half-drooling sort of manner.
coming to, he finished the chocolate milk in his hand and began a fast waltz with Crazy.
Kamille Bio
man:"well, you must be stupider than you look!"
Homer: "....stupider like a FOX!"

#58 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:18 AM

*OoC*
Hmm, where did everyone go?

Jehezekel, please let me know if you want me to edit this.
*BiC*

Selax had almost reached his room when something fell on him from the rafters.

"SPAMMER ATTACK!" he yelled, not being able to see what had fallen on him. Before the stunned "spammer" had quite recovered from his fall, Selax picked up and threw him down the hallway. Then, as he prepared to charge after the "spammer" and finish him, Selax caught a glimpse of the person he had just thrown.

It was Jehezekel.

Oops, Selax thought. Out loud, he called down the hallway, "Sorry!"

Then, he ducked into his room and shut the door again.

Selax

#59 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2007 - 03:28 AM

Earlier: Crazy, after she'd recovered yet again, decided to find cache and ask him about her chron. He wasn't in his room, and he wasn't in the canteen.
As she stuck her head around the main room in the CCC, kamille ran up and asked if she wanted to dance. Not knowing how to refuse tactfully, she aquisced, and kamille lead her around the room in a fast waltz. Several other people got up and started dancing too.
Someone sensibly turned on some decent dance music, and soon the members of the CCC were having an enormous dancing competition. Crazy was suddenly having the time of her life.
Interesting. she thought. Just like mood-swings, only stronger.
She had no time to reflect upon the subject, as a conga line was quickely being formed. Crazy joined it, naturally, and the line wound throughout the building, picking up people as it went.
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#60 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:54 AM

Katerei turned up the volume on her speakers to drown out the sound of conga music coming from outside her room, and continued her efforts to dominate CATURDAY.

<edit- B&B warning, considerable swearing present in second link. fragile minds should not follow.>

This post has been edited by iKaterei: 24 February 2007 - 04:57 AM

#61 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:17 PM

Jehezekel recovered consciousness shortly after the others had left the building. He couldn't remember what had happened, and stumbled of to his Chambers. After doodling on his desk for a while, he realized that his The Ultimate Guide to the Forbidden Magicks of Cythera tome was missing.

#62 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:28 PM

Wizard stood outside the tavern hesitantly. He had just returned from an "Around the World in 83.452 Days" trip, and was not certain whether he was ready to settle down in one place again yet. In the end, he decided it would be best to relax for at least a few days, and entered the building.

As he approached the front desk to check in, he could see no secretary currently present. Someone's slacking off from their duties for the week. . . he mused. Glancing at the sign, he thought it best to err on the side of self-preservation and not ring the bell for papercuts. Setting his luggage down and creeping around the desk, he signed himself in for a comfortable suite (with an excellent view, of course) and grabbed the keys. He also presumed on Num453's generosity and billed her for the room.

Retrieving his cases, he quietly sneaked down the hallway to his new room.
Wizard

#63 User is offline   TMBassassin 

• PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:19 PM

[OoC:] can i bring elements such as pot into this? i'm just curious as to what the defined limits are for those sorts of things. sex is off-limits, though, right? [:BiC]

Kamille finished up the waltz and collapsed to the floor sleepily. lying spread-eagle on his back, he lay smoking cigarettes and drinking chocolate milk through a thin hose for a fair while.
Kamille Bio

#64 User is offline   Buffalo the Kid 

• Dua
  • PipPip

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:24 PM

Then, unexpectedly, a man bounced through the door on a pogo stick, emitting wild yells of "I LIKE ONIONS!!!!!!!!!"
Then, just as unexpectedly, a stripped cane reached through the door, and pulled him away, in a very cartoon-like fashion, leaving only a slightly yellow cloud that smelled strongly of oranges.

I'm very sorry about that, what really happened was:

Just after the amazing performance, a man walked in looking for a room to stay in while his slightly crazy brother searched for him. When he saw there was no one at the front desk, he snuck a chair from a random patron, who was just sitting down, and sat by the desk, eating an apple that had seemingly come from nowhere. (it really came from his sleeve)

This post has been edited by Buffalo the Kid: 25 February 2007 - 09:34 PM

Twelve Flying Cheesy Aardvark Puffs of Doom!

Blessed Alkali Sherbet in a Bum's Kneecap.

Blasphemous Pencil Seeds

#65 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:40 AM

OoC:

View PostTMBassassin, on Feb 25 2007, 07:19 PM, said:

can i bring elements such as pot into this? i'm just curious as to what the defined limits are for those sorts of things. sex is off-limits, though, right?
"Defined limits." Well, as far as I know, this is the first time we've ever had a tavern like this. In the Alraeican Tavern, we just exist in the little fictitious realm of Cythera and tend to shy away from real-world issues. It is true, though, that this tavern may elicit more realistic scenarios than we've had in the past, and we really don't have a written set of rules to deal with that. So I'll just give my couple of cents.

Yes, if you're planning on going into graphic detail, sex probably needs be off limit. As for drinking, drugs, and the like, just keep in mind that anybody of any age can access the boards. I would say use your own discretion, but try to keep things under PG-13 if possible :P. For all we know some eight year-old somewhere reads what we write each day, so we just have to be careful.BiC:

Wizard sprawled out on his bed. He was surprised that he was actually able to get any rest. Why is it so quiet around here? he wondered to himself.
Wizard

#66 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:07 AM

Unfortunately, Wizard was in for a nasty shock, as the remnants of the conga chain wound through his room, followed by Crazy carrying a boom-box.

#67 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

*OoC*
If anyone wants me to edit this, please let me know.
*BiC*

Selax, Katerei, and Cache were seated in the Council Chambers, ostensibly discussing the running of the web board. In actuality, Selax was trying to think of something to do, Katerei was drawing on the wall, and Cache was writing a chron.

It was at that moment that Selax had an idea.

"A purge! We should have another purge!" he said aloud, startling the other two. He paused waiting for their reactions.

"It might make a good chron," Cache replied speculatively. Katerei said nothing but seemed interested by the idea.

"What excuse would we base the purge on?" she asked.

"How about: neglect of the chrons?" Selax suggested. "And the three of us in this room purge everyone outside of it, except Avatara?"

After a few moments, the other two agreed, and the three prepared to go out and purge (or terminate, if you prefer) everyone else (except the moderator of course)...

Selax

#68 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:39 AM

Crazy was tired after the mad dance festival, so locked herself in her room in order to get forty winks.

#69 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:07 PM

Jehezekel looked all over his room, but couldn't find the tome. So he hung from the door-jamb, with his feet on the ceiling, and waited for an inspiration.

#70 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:06 AM

*OoC*
If anyone wants me to edit this, please let me know.
*BiC*

Unfortunately for Jehezekel, he was out in plain sight and the three "purgers" had just entered the hallway.

"THERE'S ONE!" Selax yelled, and, before Jehezekel could move they were on him—and had thrown him out of the window.

Pleased with their first triumph, they moved on down the hallway...

This post has been edited by Selax: 02 March 2007 - 12:07 AM

Selax

#71 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:59 AM

As he plunged through the window there was but one thought in Jehezekel's mind: "So that's where the window is!"

He went hurtling to the edge of Cythera, and respawned above the gazebo. (Avara reference...)

#72 User is offline   TMBassassin 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:16 AM

OoC:

View PostJehezekel, on Mar 2 2007, 08:59 AM, said:

As he plunged through the window there was but one thought in Jehezekel's mind: "So that's where the window is!"

He went hurtling to the edge of Cythera, and respawned above the gazebo. (Avara reference...)

:P
:BiC

Kamille was bored. there wasn't much action in these taverns, and he wanted something to do. bored, he jumped up and sat on the counter, swinging his legs over the edge.
Kamille Bio

#73 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:13 AM

Jehezekel swung down from the gazebo roof, and started sweeping the sidewalks.

#74 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:51 PM

*OoC*
Let me know if you want me to edit this TMBassassin.
*BiC*

Unfortunately for Kamille, the purgers saw him, grabbed his legs, spun him around, and threw him out of another window.

Cackling evilly, they continued down the hallway...

Selax

#75 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

Crazy woke up to the sounds of breaking glass all over CCC. Lying in bed, she wondered if the mob had come back.
Getting up, she booted up her laptop and hacked into the security video footage for CCC, and was unsurprised to see Selax, cache and Katerei wreaking havoc in the building, throwing the other members out windows.
A funny thought struck her, and she said, "The attack of the Defenestrators! Dun dun dunnnn!"
She decided to try, for the eightieth time, hacking Cythera to find out what was in the mysterious dresser in LKH. So far, she had been unsuccessful, and she'd had a bright idea in her sleep.
Humming her favourite song from several years ago, she settled down to an hour of messing with Cythera.
Reverberating down the corridor came the strains of, "And they threw him out the window! The window, the window, the second story window, with a heave and a ho and a mighty throw they threw him out the window!"

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users