Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Tavern at the End of the Universe - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Tavern at the End of the Universe Have fun guys, while I sneak off and join the B&B cult!

#151 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:14 AM

Jehezekel turned away with a *sigh*, and headed to the console in his room. After writing up a forty page diatribe consisting entirely of the letter "L", he checked Selax' wikifeed, and was pleased to note that he had decided to wikilinkquote Lorna Doone word by word in its entirety. Setting the wikifeed back to "transparent", Jehezekel checked to see if exSecretary had messaged him recently.
~~~~~~~~~
Down the dank corridors of the caverns the horde of dust-bunnies carried Nummy, until they reached a glittering cavern far below. At the far end of the cavern was a stalagmite like a throne, and on this natural throne stood the exSecretary.
The dust-bunnies scattered to their hiding places as exSecretary stepped forward, "There were 453 of them, I thought you'd be happy to know." Then she pointed to a pile of clean rags off to the side, "Now, clean the floor. I don't want my dust-bunnies getting wet!"
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#152 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:17 PM

"Secretary! You're alive!" exclaimed 453.

"I am not your secretary anymore!" exSecretary's tone made it clear that she did not wish to be reminded of her pre-Cavern-Queen life. "Do as I have told you!"

453 glanced at the rags, torn between her princess-pride, and wanting to help make a hospitable environment for the dear dustbunnies. With a sigh, she began cleaning.
I'll become even more undignified than this

#153 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:57 PM

Suddenly, Selax's voice thundered over the intercom once more.

"Attention! I informed you all that you had ten minutes to make at least one attempt on Wizard's life, or I would have the computer start to read the wiki-links aloud! All of you have failed to make this attempt! Therefore, the wiki-links will now be read aloud!"

He broke off into a fit of evil laughter, followed by a fit of coughing.

As he had warned, the computer now began to repeat the wiki-links aloud in a flat, monotone voice which echoed through the building (although not anywhere near Tyrael, Cache, or Katerei) and even into the cavern where 453 now cleaned...
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#154 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:33 AM

*OoC*

View PostSelax, on Jun 3 2007, 09:29 AM, said:

Actually, I did say that Wizzy has to be killed to save 453: the threat of reading the wiki-links aloud is just to get someone to make the effort. :P

Ahem...

View PostSelax, on May 28 2007, 07:59 AM, said:

"To anyone who might be listening, I suspect that 453 is in a bit of trouble right now. If you want to save her, then you must do one task for me: slay Wizzy for his inactivity as a warning to others! If one of you does not attempt this task in ten minutes, I will have the computer start to read the wiki-links aloud!"

*BiC*

Crazy did what she had been planning as a last resort: she ran back to the office and grabbed her ear-plugs. When she had silence, she snuck around to Selax's room and nailed his door shut.
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#155 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:44 AM

*BZZT* *Bzzt* *TZOT* *crackle* Sparks flew brightly through the dim corridors of the edifice, lashing sear-marks on the walls near the speakers. Smoke filled the halls, activating the fire-alarm. An eerily familiar voice floated over the intercom, "Com filtering has been implemented. Please return to your regular shenanigans, -and stop screaming, you're disturbing my minions."
~~
Jehezekel smiled to himself. Sometimes, it was -good- to have a crazy exSecretary.
~~
A PM landed in Selax' inbox:
"Dear Sir:
Much as I appreciate your evil schemes, you really should be more careful about disturbing my minions, it lacks tact.
Sincerely,
exSecretary."

#156 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:35 PM

*OoC*
CrazyChick, that's exactly what I said: to save 453 from the wiki-links (that are also being flashed across the computer moniters) Wizzy must die. To stop the wiki-links from being read aloud, someone must try to kill him.
*BiC*

After a few moments, the intercom resumed its broadcasting of wiki-links throughout the building.

The exSecretary had received a note which read:

"Dear exSecretary,

You are not technically a member and therefore have no access to the CC ( :P )."

Annoyed with the exSecretary and her attempts to meddle in his affairs, Selax grabbed his battle-equipment (and his secret weapons), exited his room via the window, and reactivated the security system around his room.

As he made his way around the outside of the building, he wondered why no one had gone to the CC and attempted to shut the intercom down. He continued on carefully, keeping an eye out for anyone else.

Selax

#157 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:25 PM

View PostCrazyChick, on Feb 6 2007, 01:41 AM, said:

The Rules:
4: Please try not to kill people.

Meanwhile, Katerei was walking the halls aimlessly, manically shuffling through sheet music and drinking from a waterbottle. "I'm never going to get this right," she grumbled and wandered through a door without paying attention to where it led. "AAAARGH!" she yelled in pain as she tripped over a table leg in the control center, scattering her music everywhere in a whirlwind of paper, and her waterbottle flying across the room.

Muttering uncouth words under her breath, Katerei bent down to pick up her papers, but paused and looked up when sparks began to shower out of some electrical equipment. "Oh," she said, realizing the entire contents of her waterbottle had splashed into the intercom system. "That's not good," and she wandered out of the room with an armful of papers, as the intercom crackled and sparked dangerously behind her.

"Kat!" CrazyChick exclaimed as they passed each other in the hall a few minutes later. "The wiki-links stopped! Do you know what happened?"

Katerei stared at her blankly. "Uh... wiki-links?"

This post has been edited by iKaterei: 16 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

#158 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

*OoC*
Oops, I didn't notice the "try" when I read that rule. Oh well, in any case, I wasn't trying to kill her: just threatening her well-being in an effort to promote more activity.
*BiC*

By now, having searched for some time, Selax had figured out where the exSecretary was located. (Actually, he tripped and accidentally hit the wall when he fell, which revealed the secret passage into the tunnels.) Quietly, he entered and sneaked along until he found exSecretary's chamber. He observed from hiding for a few minutes and then decided on a course of action. Knowing that the dustbunnies and paper golem would have an aversion to water, he sent in a golem with an extra-long water hose and had it drench the cavern with water...

This post has been edited by Selax: 14 July 2007 - 01:25 PM

Selax

#159 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:42 AM

OoC:
The active promotion of unwholesome activity is unacceptable. Solve the Gordian Knot. Have fun.
BiC:

exSecretary watched with bemused concern as a Golem appeared from the darkness, the end of a hose held in its hands. The hose twisted around into the darkness behind it, but to where she could not tell.
~~~
Jehezekel turned from his terminal, and tentatively poked the mountain of cloth which sat in the corner. It swallowed him. *gulp*

#160 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:42 PM

*OoC* Argh, Selax, you don't get me! *BiC*

Relieved to find that the wikilinks had stopped, Crazy returned to the office and had a competition wiht herself to see how many times she could spin around on the swivel chair.
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#161 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:45 PM

After breaking her previous record, Crazy suddenly remembered that she couldn't be the secretary for much longer because school started on Monday!
She sent an enraged email to everyone in the CCC detailing exactly how annoyed she was about having to go back to school, then settled back to read her book.

#162 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:35 AM

exSecretary summoned the illusion of a game-console, with three controllers, and handed it to the Golem. The Golem sat down to play, and exSecretary joined him, and motioned 453 to join if she pleased.

#163 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:26 PM

Unfortunately, by this time, most of the cavern floor was wet, and exSecretary's dustbunnies were having to scramble up the walls to avoid getting wet...

Selax

#164 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:56 PM

The full extent of what had just happened took some time to penetrate exSecretary's soggy head, but when she it did, she was enraged beyond measure. Muttering bizarre and chaotic incantations, exSecretary bound the golem to forever support an illusionary Pump it Up console for up to four & two thirds players. But the hose was still running. ExSecretary melted away into a small mass of paper-pulp, and disintegrated in the flowing water. Many of the dustbunnies escaped the flood and hid in sock-drawers and under desks, but many joined their mistress in a watery grave.

#165 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:17 PM

"exSecretary, no!" screamed 453, running forward. "She's gone... no, she can't be! She can't leave Sely alone to terrorize the CCC! Maybe the paper can be dried... Yes, it's not to late," she tried to convince herself, gathering up the soggy paper-pulp and pocketing it. "Now, I must get out of here as fast as I can," her eyes darted around, looking for the way out, but fell on the Pump It Up machine. She grinned. "Surely it would not hurt to dance a bit first!"

And so she danced until her socks became too wet, and she slipped and fell into the pool of water that now covered the floor of the cavern.

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 14 July 2007 - 02:23 PM

I'll become even more undignified than this

#166 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:50 PM

Hearing an alarm from his terminal, Jehezekel fought his way out of the textile mound, and after a brief glance, darted out into the halls. It did not take him long to find the hose, and he cut it short in his hurry, and then rushed down into the caverns after it.

453 was struggling to get up out of the water which had not yet finished flowing out of the extensive hose, but her socks kept causing her to slip back down, and she would not take them off. "Nummy!" Jehezekel called out as he entered the cavern and saw her. Then he noticed the golem and stopped.

"That's odd," he said as he helped 453 to her feet, "I wonder how exSecretary got Cythera music and fan-songs on this Pump it Up machine..."

And they journeyed back towards civilisation along the hose, until the end slipped past them...

#167 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:15 AM

Crazy finished her book and started the Alex Rider series, then remembered she had some homework to do and booted up the computer.
Dear Ma-Chong, she typed.
Now, how would a Korean refugee think?
She typed furiously for a few minutes, then looked up at the screen.
Cursing, she realised it might have been a good idea to start up a Word document first.
She sent an angry email to everyone, telling them exactly how annoyed she was. Then she got back to her homework.

#168 User is offline   zamzx zik 

• Black man in the White house
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:00 PM

Zamzx walks in with a dazed expression.

Waht? All power to the forward deflectors? Would that be dividing, or subtracting?

Whatcha talking aboot?
Have I reached the stupid quota?

#169 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

Plunged into total darkness without a guide, Jehezekel was on the verge of despair, but 453 could hear the dustbunnies chattering on their way out, and they followed them back to the CCC.

The edifice appeared to be empty, but then they bumped into Zam on their way out to look...

#170 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:42 AM

Crazy finished her homework and decided to go to sleep. Just because she felt like it, she started another word document and carefully balanced a battery on the f key.
Watching the f's wind their long way across the screen, she started day-dreaming about ways to bug Selax.

#171 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:00 PM

Selax meanwhile had returned to his room and was now reading a book entitled How to Become a Dark Lord. At the same time, he was still idly wondering how to restore activity...

Selax

#172 User is offline   zamzx zik 

• Black man in the White house
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:54 PM

As zamzx recovers from mild shock, he nods at Selax and says "This is your webfourm" :

This is your webfourm on spam : # @$QDC!@#!@!@#$@#$@RR@%@#$*%$@#*#$*"
Have I reached the stupid quota?

#173 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

Suddenly, several Cytherans jumped out, grabbed Zam, and dragged him to the dungeons where he would forever lie in agony knowing he was partly responsible for the death of the topic.

Selax

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users