Ambrosia Software Web Board: Party like it's 2007! - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Party like it's 2007! Next spam thread?

#1 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

It's party time! You can try to deny it, but in your heart you know it's true! Stick balloons to your friends' hair! Throw confetti at your enemies! Cythera needs a PARTY!

Now I know that this is the type of thread that are beloved moderators are liable to lock immediately. But I am optimistic that they will refrain for three reasons:
1) This is my 453rd post and they realize how important that is,
2) This forum has been pathetically dead lately and a little spam couldn't hurt,
3) They themselves have let their moderating duties slip down in their priorities, and might not bother locking this even if the first two reasons fail.

So don't be afraid of those mean nice moderators, just party! If there is anyone out there who is still alive, please join me in partying. Really, please. I'll be really lonely and sad partying here all alone. Remember when Sely asked what nominations we had for the Best of 2008, and got no response? That's because it's been a year and a half since anything fun happened here. Give the forum a little life!

Party like it's 2007 and we're all chatting on #cythera until 5am waiting for Wizzy to post in the TS! Ah, remember the days when we only had to wait seven or eight hours for Wizzy to post? Now it's more like two or three months. But I suppose Wizzy isn't entirely to blame for Cythera's inactivity. After all, if he posted every day, he'd probably be posting 30 times in a row, which is frowned upon. We must also remember to blame people like Kat, who never even thinks about this community anymore, probably because her boyfriend is a bad example on her. And Sely, who is so obsessed with his education that he probably doesn't even play Red Light with his cat anymore. And Crazy, who was lively enough to make up for anyone else's inactivity, but has (as far as I can tell) gotten herself kidnapped by a nemesis who will not provide her with the use of the inter-webs. And Illy, who thinks he's "above" Cythera. And Shorty, whom I love, but he almost never bothers to check this board anymore. And Tyry, who was always a delightful person to talk to even when he refused to participate in his own forum, but has now disappeared without a trace. And City, who has been a happy asset to this forum for as long as I can remember, and who I believe is still alive somewhere. And Fiery, who is doubtlessly the most brilliant person in the world, but has become mute. And a number of other people, who had previously helped support this board, but have now disappeared; and I don't even know them well enough to guess why. (Maybe Kme is doing more international travels? Maybe Two Jacks got lost in his own Ferazel world?)

I beg anyone who reads this to join in the party, even if you're a newbie who doesn't know any of the people I mentioned in the previous paragraph. And even if you are a person I mentioned, who has come to repent. In fact, even if you're a person I mentioned who has not come to repent. A party with no people is a very sad party indeed. I'm going to assume that if no one shows up, it's because you're all too jealous of my post-count to speak.

Cheers! *Tosses confetti, clinks glasses of yummy drinks together, bakes cookies, throws balloons and confetti everywhere, and makes a huge mess.*
I'll become even more undignified than this

#2 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:24 PM

Hello.

I'm a newbie, and I don't know any of the people you mentioned in that paragraph.
Wizard

#3 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

Yesterday evening a friend asked my why bananas are the way they are, and I explained that the Gros Michel, which was the dominant cultivar of bananas until the 1950s, was wiped out by a disease, and the present type of banana we have was subsequently cultivated because it appeared resistant, it turned out that was not what he was asking.

#4 User is offline   Mackilroy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:14 AM

Nonsense? Humbug? Balderdash? Nay, I say, nay! I'm not a member of this community, you must be kidding!
At last he came to a door, with these words in glowing emeralds: THE END OF THE WORLD. He did not hesitate. He opened the door and stepped through.

#5 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:54 AM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on Feb 2 2009, 07:11 PM, said:

Now I know that this is the type of thread that are beloved moderators are liable to lock immediately. But I am optimistic that they will refrain for three reasons:
1) This is my 453rd post and they realize how important that is,
2) This forum has been pathetically dead lately and a little spam couldn't hurt,
3) They themselves have let their moderating duties slip down in their priorities, and might not bother locking this even if the first two reasons fail.

1. Isn't that motivation to lock the topic :P ?
2. Good strategy...lure people back so that I may tyrannize them merciles—er, that is, yeah, sure...
3. I resent that...when was the last that time that you locked a topic, 453 B) ?

That said, I do have to agree that there has been a lull in activity, and it would certainly be nice to see people around here again ;) . 2007 was definitely a good year for the forum.

Thus, I'm going to agree with the general thrust of the invitation . . . just so that I can make all of your lives miserable later...

*evil laughter*

I always said that you had a short memory, Wizard.

Pallas: what was he asking?

Mack: ...who are you again?

By the way, Avatara, if this thread ever does need locking, I reserve first claim to do so ;) .
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#6 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:28 AM

I didn't read anything in that gargantuan first post, so I'm just going to assume:

1. BMW is just spamming to reach some magical favorite number like 666 posts or whatever.
2. She didn't consider any reasons to leave a spam topic open and is hoping it gets locked.
3. She used this thread to take pot-shots at Selax, which while I'm personally okay with that, I'm officially obligated to give you a frowny face sticker for picking on my colleague.
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#7 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:36 AM

Yeah, 453! :P
Wizard

#8 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

It was raining hard outside, as if angels were dropping water balloons onto the earth, but Jack couldn't let this get to him. God damn it he was going to finish this level set tonight! With the final level in production he furiously racked his mind for creative ideas, but alas, all he was met with was gas. "Maybe I'm losing it?" he asked himself, scrolling over his work. He sighed and stared out the window; it felt like it did when he was a boy, when the rain wouldn't stop until it was at his door step. He cast the thought from his mind, and decided to get over this hump he should play through his game one more time.

That familiar song, "Can't Touch This" played from his speakers, it was the custom song he put into the music folder. Once again he said Zeus in white, grasping his thunder bolt in anticipation for something, but just as the picture was fading a crash of thunder shook the very foundation of Jack's house. "What the ######?!" he exclaimed, and though at the time he wasn't sure, it seemed as though when Zeus was fading off his monitor, the lightning bolt in his hand had disappeared. Before Jack had time to think about this however, he had pressed new game, and one of his favorite tracks from Rock Raiders seduced him to leave such a thought behind. He felt strange now, he was just staring at his computer. His level was there, the music was there but he couldn't bring himself to move his hands over the keyboard, and then he gasped in shock as the lights in his room when out, although this wasn't what had shocked him. Ferazel was gone, disappeared from his very own game! "W-w-what? What's going on?" he grew scared, "Why can't I move?!" he yelled out, "Dad! Zeb!" he cried out hoping for someone to save him. Soon a pitch blackness had consumed everything except for the glow of his monitor and the sound of the rain growing closer, and before he could tell there was nothing.

*scuffle scuffle* *sniff* *squeak sqeeeeeaaaaak!*

Jack felt something cold, but somehow comforting beneath him, something earthy in texture. Rubbing the grit from his eyes he tried to view his surroundings. It was some type of cave, but with a large wooden door, and a single burning torch on the wall. "Oh s###, I think I've been kidnapped." he whispered to himself. In a panic he searched his pockets for the usual. "Damn it! No phone?" he dig deeper, "Ah! Oh yes!" he pulled from his pocket a black swiss army knife his father gave him, a small feeling of relief washed over him. Cautiously he made his way over to the door, "Alright, let's have a listen.." Placing his ear on the door his carefully listened for anything at all. *.......* "All clear?" he checked the handle of the door, "Unlocked!" Slowly, he pushed open the door, his knife drawn, *Sqeeeeeaaaaaaak!!* "s###!" he stopped and listened, *.....* He sighed, "Too close."

He clenched his knife, "Alright rapists.." and ran out the door... into a wall, "Oof!" he said falling to the ground. Springing back up he looked around, this place was much better lit than the previous room. He couldn't place it, but it seemed as if he'd been here before. "More caves?" he said, "Just how far underground am I?" He had no choice but to try and search for a way out, there didn't seem to be anything around, say for the occasional falling rock.

Jack searched for what seemed to be an hour, "Hm," he thought, "there was a door. That means someone's been down here, and I didn't bring my self here... right?" Jack stopped walking and thought hard for a second, "What was I doing last? In fact what have I been doing at all?" Jack froze for a minute, he couldn't remember much, "I-I have a family, that's right my dad gave me this pocket knife! And it was... there was rain!" He grasped his forehead, "Darkness? ... A light? Was that the torch maybe?" His stomach growled in protest to this intense thinking. "Ugh, don't worry. I'm not having much fun either. Jack smiled, it felt strange, like he hadn't done it in a long while. "What.. what is this feeling?" he muttered, shaking his head something caught his eye. It was red, it was plump, it looked almost edible! Jack pounced on it, "Eh?!" the red object became pressed into the floor, "A button? Trap!" Jack soon prepared for the worst, as the cavern began to shake violently, and he remembered "That's right, there was an earthquake?" Soon the shaking stopped and Jack stood confused in the dim light of a far-off torch. "Hello?!" came a distant voice, freezing Jack to the core. "Maybe I set off some kind of alarm?" he thought. The voice returned, "I'm going to close the barrier if no one answers, and you won't be able to get out!" Jack's mind raced with thought but decided that he was presumably dead if he stayed behind anyway, "Please help me!" he cried out, he heard a gasp and then quick foot steps. The steps grew closer and closer until a figure in blue robes appeared. Jack and the man stared at each other, Jack couldn't make out his face, "Who are you?" Jack inquired.

The man hot only given Jack two things, his name, Vion, and the instruction to follow him out of the cave. They were now in what appeared to be the man's house. Jack was seated at a table and was quite intrigued that the room was being lit by glowing crystals instead of torches as before. Just where the hell was he? So he asked," Excuse me, uh, Vion? Where are we?" Vion paused what seemed to be tea preparation, turned to Jack and said, "Oh this is the Western Caverns, of Teraknorn." Jack nodded simply replying "Oh, oh." Vion's casual speech had thrown off his thought process. It dawned on him, "W-wait I know that word! That's where Ferazel is! ..." His excitement faded as he stared at Vion. "Vion? W-wait, my Vion?! The Vion from my game! That's impossible! This has to be a joke!" another thought returned to him, "That's right Ambrosia Software! The forums, this must be some over the top prank or publicity! Oh man! Are they finally porting Ferazel's Wand?!" Vion did not reply only stand as still as he always did, he turned away and finished his tea. He reached out his hand to place Jack's cup, Jack went into shock at the sight. Vion's hand was.. furry and he had claws! But before jack could comment, Vion spoke, "I have long suspected this world was unnatural. My travels have brought me to many areas that seem as if they were missing something, but I could never tell what. Now there's you. You don't look like you're from around these parts; I've only ever seen one other like you. Tell me, have you come from the heaven's?"

Was this a joke? Jack couldn't decide. Part of him wanted to believe he was in Teraknorn, the other part said the first part was retarded. Jack turned away from Vion and stared at one of the many crystals on the wall, "What?" he said.

Posted Image

:P

#9 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:56 PM

I en't gonna read that.

#10 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:56 AM

There's a phrase for this. I think its called "......"
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#11 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

View PostThe Wizard, on Feb 2 2009, 08:24 PM, said:

Hello.
I'm a newbie, and I don't know any of the people you mentioned in that paragraph.

Nice to meet you! Isn't it nice of Wizzy to share his account with newbies?

Tyry- There's plenty of reasons to keep a spam thread open, like... it's fun? And sometimes spurs zombie reunions?

Fiery- That's very interesting. I wonder what the previous bananas tasted like?

Illy- I admit that you've been very absent lately :P

Sely- Locking topics isn't my responsibility, it's yours. My responsibility is to give you something to do ^_^

Two Jacks- O.O

#12 User is offline   ~vIsitor~ 

• rEsident gUest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:14 PM

"Terraknorn", Two Jacks? Either one or both of us has been watching too much DS9.

Also, I *still* have a hard time grasping why Bready calls me "City". Well, I know why, but it's awful complicated.
"The art of war is about legs, not arms." - General Maurice de Saxe

#13 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:15 AM

Heh, a few of my in-game screen shots have typos. :P

@everyone else: I didn't realize it was that mind blowing. 453 said to party, and I was like, "Aw crap, what do I say? Do I start some weird game involving everyone to comment on? Nah, that's to hard and stupid. Maybe a comment on the current standing of the Cythera board? Nope. Hm, start a TS? Matbe.. I know! I've been wanting to write about Ferazel, and 453's comment made me laugh! Why not do it now?"

It felt like a good excerise for me, it was like "comfortable" writing: I was writing around my own personality rather than one I had created, that and I tried to be a little comical. I think my next step towards better writing is going to be reading my material after I finish writing it on the spot (that and maybe not writing on the spot). ;)

#14 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:55 AM

Actually, I think it's just that people don't like to read long blocks of text unless they’re expecting it. :P

How many people here have their own little über-post I wonder…if anything, mine would be 2222, but that's a stretch, and I don't really care.

I got lost around the names, as I haven't been here in a while. Who’s Illy, Shorty, and Fiery? I think I can guess on the rest.

#15 User is offline   Mackilroy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:24 AM

'Illy' is Num453's nickname for me. Don't know why, but it is. It's pretty easy to extrapolate from the last half of my name, 'Mackilroy,' though. However, I'm not a member of the Cytheran community. I've never played the game, never will, and only rarely (as in almost never) post here.

Shorty is Jehezkhel, and Fiery is Sfiera.
At last he came to a door, with these words in glowing emeralds: THE END OF THE WORLD. He did not hesitate. He opened the door and stepped through.

#16 User is offline   JacaByte 

• Tujuh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:49 PM

You do attend #cythera on a semi-regular basis, (read: more than I do.) so she has a right to call you Illy. We have the same thing going for Lily, I guess you could say. (a.k.a. iKaterei) Haven't seen her on the channel in a while, though...

#17 User is offline   Mackilroy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:52 PM

When was the last time I was on for more than five minutes? It's been weeks, if not months. :P

And what 'thing' going for Kat?

#18 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:50 AM

Do I smell trouble brewing? :P

#19 User is offline   Bryce 

• Open-Source Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

View PostPallas Athene, on Feb 3 2009, 01:40 AM, said:

Yesterday evening a friend asked my why bananas are the way they are, and I explained that the Gros Michel, which was the dominant cultivar of bananas until the 1950s, was wiped out by a disease, and the present type of banana we have was subsequently cultivated because it appeared resistant, it turned out that was not what he was asking.

Do you also read Smithsonian, or are you just up on these things in general?
"Programming is an art form that fights back."

www.magnatune.com - Magnatune: Internet record label. Wide selection of music in MP3, flac, ogg: no DRM. Legal. Artists get 50% of your money.

#20 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:57 PM

Uh, the latter; I've never heard of Smithsonian (I have heard of the Smithsonian, but museum names aren't generally italicized).

#21 User is offline   Bryce 

• Open-Source Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

View PostPallas Athene, on Feb 9 2009, 05:57 PM, said:

Uh, the latter; I've never heard of Smithsonian (I have heard of the Smithsonian, but museum names aren't generally italicized).

It's pretty odd to speak of reading a museum, also :P
Anyway, yes, Smithsonian is a magazine, published by the museum. I remember reading an article in it about banana cultivars. This was a couple years back, however.

Tropical fruit cultivation is pretty interesting, though. Sadly, it frosts where I currently live, so options are very limited without an investment in a greenhouse. I wish I could grow some rambutan...
"Programming is an art form that fights back."

www.magnatune.com - Magnatune: Internet record label. Wide selection of music in MP3, flac, ogg: no DRM. Legal. Artists get 50% of your money.

#22 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

One time I was riding the subway that went around the Washington DC area, and one of the stops on it was titled "Smithsonian." I asked my mother why it was called that, and she got embarrassed and tried to get me to be quiet before anyone heard how ignorant I was. I'm still not sure what the Smithsonian is, except that it has something to do with museums; and I think I've been there a long time ago on a field trip.

Two Jacks- What I was too lazy to express before was, I thought your post was delightfully creative ^_^ But if my thread gets locked because of your dirty mouth, you owe me a thread :P

Illy- I don't think Kat has ever played Cythera either. And you're only doing yourself a disservice by refusing to play, it's fun!

City- A long time ago, Wizzy came up with a better abbreviation for your name, which I planned to use; but by the time I saw you again, I'd forgotten it. Oh well, I think City's a perfectly fine name ^_^

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 10 February 2009 - 04:26 PM

#23 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:28 PM

Actually, reading museums is easy; it's getting something out of reading it that's the hard part (which is why most people prefer looking at/reading stuff/doing stuff inside the museum).

I tend to do the banana thing all the time, on purpose (but usually not about bananas of course).

The only reasons why I've never been on #cythera is are: 1. Prior to last year, my parents told me not to, and B. OS X10.3 doesn't run either the newest version or the classic version of ircle, and I was too lazy to look for some other free program. Although now I have a newer computer, installed the program, and even set it up, but I just don't have enough time to waste.

On an unrelated note, methinks my signature is a bit outdated in two out of three blocks.

EDIT: Is it coincidence that both the Alraeican Tavern X and The Duel have 42 replies?

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy: 10 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

#24 User is offline   Mackilroy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:56 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on Feb 10 2009, 03:24 PM, said:

One time I was riding the subway that went around the Washington DC area, and one of the stops on it was titled "Smithsonian." I asked my mother why it was called that, and she got embarrassed and tried to get me to be quiet before anyone heard how ignorant I was. I'm still not sure what the Smithsonian is, except that it has something to do with museums; and I think I've been there a long time ago on a field trip.

I hope you're not being serious...

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on Feb 10 2009, 03:24 PM, said:

Illy- I don't think Kat has ever played Cythera either. And you're only doing yourself a disservice by refusing to play, it's fun!

There are so many more fun things to do instead, though. :P

View PostBuzzzzy, on Feb 10 2009, 03:28 PM, said:

EDIT: Is it coincidence that both the Alraeican Tavern X and The Duel have 42 replies?

Yes. It's only a coincidence.

#25 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:10 AM

View PostMackilroy, on Feb 10 2009, 04:56 PM, said:

There are so many more fun things to do instead, though. :P

Like, for instance, posting on the game's webboard.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users