Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Alraeican Tavern - Part IX - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Alraeican Tavern - Part IX we're in ur taverns, writing ur posts

#101 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

Retsy returned to Tavern with the rest of the adventurers, and thankfully sat down on one of the chairs to rest. Having learned no etiquette, she pulled off her traveling slippies and brought her bare feet up onto the chair with her. She listened to her friends relive the adventure to the Tavern patrons, but she listened silently, contributing nothing.

The same ribbons that Retsy was wearing the first night she left her farm were now filthy, but that didn't bother her too much, because her hair was filthy too. She absentmindedly redid her messy hair as she listened. The adventurers soon finished their story and started shuffling around the Tavern, but Retsy sat still in her chair, procrastinating against walking all the way back to her house.

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 04 March 2007 - 09:38 PM

I'll become even more undignified than this

#102 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:13 AM

Cat, Starfall and Kerran were discussing their recent adventures among themselves.
"I always knew he was up to no good!" Cat was impassioned about something.
"Yes, but that's because he had it in for you." argued Starfall.
Kerran hadn't heard of the pair's adventures before he came to Cythera, so they proceeded to tell him, with much arm-waving and enthusiasm, especially concerning Rapierian, their main subject of discussion.

Aster was quietly listening to the three's conversation, all the while telling himself he wasn't really eavesdropping.
After all, he thought, It's not exactly as though it's secret or anything.
As it seemed they weren't talking about anything, he resumed moodily staring around the tavern, waiting for something to happen.

*OoC* In case you are wondering, I am not intending to introduce him to the others, at least for a while. *BiC*
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#103 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:07 AM

Mort glanced around as the adventurers entered the tavern. {{ Oh, you're back, then, }} he commented.

Katherine screamed in panic, and let loose a fireball. Starfall grabbed the nearest thing to hand - Mort's beer - and splashed it over his burning robes; against all expectations, it actually managed to dowse most of the flames.

{{ What'd I do? }} Mort complained, patting at the remaining sparks.

Brianna grabbed Katherine's arm, and tried to calm her down. "Sorry, we should have warned you. Mort's OK, really, just a bit depressed. He's not like any other lich I've ever heard of."

Up until the word 'lich', Brianna had been doing a pretty good job. If anyone nearby had had better than average hearing, Katherine's scream would have temporarily deafened them.

This post has been edited by cache22: 05 March 2007 - 02:21 AM

"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#104 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:05 PM

Jehezekel approached Retsy's table cautiously, "Retsy?"
She looked up, and nodded shyly.
"Um, I was wondering... That is, you don't seem to be using your land, going off on quests and all... Could I rent it from you?"
Retsy looked at him quizzically.
"I could give you half of the profits of your land, if you let farm it as I wish. Otherwise, you'll have to farm it, or use up your stash of oboloi."
Jehezekel paused, and waited for Retsy's response.
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#105 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:43 PM

"My land?" Retsy was utterly confused. "My land is broken. It doesn't grow things anymore. How did you know I had any land?" Retsy knew Jehy only by sight, she couldn't remember ever talking to him before.

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 05 March 2007 - 07:44 PM

#106 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:01 AM

Adrian sat alone against the wall of the tavern, dejection on every line of his body. Upon entering the tavern he'd cast his haunted gaze hither and yon, hunting for his missing granddaughter, but his search had been in vain. The burden of loss, on top of the overwhelming stress of the events he'd just been through, drove what remained of his spirit into the dust.

The Scribe quickly interrogated a few key people, then returned to stand in front of the despairing man.

"Adrian, my friend, there is still some hope."

"Don't tell me that!" Adrian blurted. "She's not here, I looked. She might have... she must have been... Please, I couldn't stand to get my hopes up, just to have them dashed again!"

"I said there's hope, and there is. A young girl, matching your granddaughter's description, was found by workers when rebuilding the tavern."

"What? Really? Where is she?"

"She was taken to the castle, and left in the care of Berrossus."

Adrian scrambled to his feet. "I must go! Thank you! Thank you so much!"

Hope once again burning brightly in his eyes, Adrian rushed out the tavern door.
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#107 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:36 PM

"I was out looking for land," replied Jehezekel to Retsy, "and I saw your signpost. Toreon's name is still on it, so I knew it was yours."
He paused a moment, "I think it is good land. It just needs more care than you can give it."

#108 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:43 PM

((OOC: I'm beginning to think all the days of the week are police officers!))

"Okay!" Retsy grinned. "I won't go back there, after I take over Cythera. The citizens will build me a palace, I suppose."

Retsy stared at the floor, depressed about being a powerful evil magess.

#109 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:49 PM

Jehezekel looked at Retsy in a concerned manner. She seemed unbalanced somehow. However, she appeared to be quite balanced on the Elemental level, and that was all that Jehezekel was familiar with.

"What troubles you?" Jehezekel asked, and placed his hand on the table, toward Retsy, "I'd like to help, if I can."

#110 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:44 PM

"You can't," Retsy replied to Jehy. "Not unless you're a learned mage who can teach me to control my powers." Retsy was going to stop complaining at that point, but suddenly her lack of sleep got the best her. "I could kill you with my mind!" and with that, she burst into giggles and shook in laughter for several minutes.

"I'm sorry," Retsy apologized once she finally caught her breath, "your death would not be amusing, mister... um..." she strained her memory, wondering how she could be expected to remember the name of someone with whom she had never journeyed.

((OOC: Am I allowed to say these words in here? I guess I should ask before I post, shouldn't I? Oh well! *Closed-teeth grin*))

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 06 March 2007 - 09:45 PM

#111 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:39 AM

There was a considerable amount of commotion when Wolfie entered the tavern, carrying a sleepy Enna on his back.
Many people screamed, and several levelled bows and spells at him, preparing to attack the second he dropped Enna.
As Breanna and Katerei hurridly explained about the wolf, he carefully deposited Enna in a corner out of harm's way, and proceeded to stand guard over her.
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#112 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:08 PM

Jehezekel blushed, "Sorry. I'm Jehezekel. You don't seem earthy enough to be a magess, though Berossus would know better, and I hear that Lindus, from Pnyx, is a master of such things. Not to mention Alaric, the LandKing himself."

[Edit] Hiding evidence of stupidity... [/Edit]

This post has been edited by Jehezekel: 07 March 2007 - 07:10 PM

#113 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:05 PM

Too many names at once, Retsy tried to sort them out, shaking off Jehy's comment about her lack of earthliness as ignorance on his part. "Pnyx is the mage place, right?" she asked, shuddering at the thought of a town full of evil mages. "And who is Berossus?" At least she knew who Alaric was, the others were new. And in the mist of the names, Retsy immediately forgot Jehy's; but she hoped he wouldn't notice.

#114 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:33 AM

*OoC*
Avatara, if you want me to edit this, please let me know.
*BiC*

Selax quietly reentered the Tavern through the window and sat down next to Wizard. Although he maintained his outward calm (and most of his inward as well), he was displeased about this turn of events. Selax did not like to fail, and he did not intend to do so again, certainly not in a situation as critical as this one. Still, Tomsan had been right: there was still a chance of averting disaster.

His thoughts turned to the zetacomb*: another dangerous artifact that could be at risk now. To use it could draw attention to it or create worse problems, although perhaps it could serve a purpose if used well. At any rate leaving it out of his hands and in someone else's—Avatara's in this case—could be dangerous now, especially since he didn't really know about Avatara or his loyalties. Perhaps, he should consider going to see the man...

*See the TSs Shadow Games and Witch Hunt.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#115 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:59 PM

"Berossus is the judge here in Cademia." Replied Jehezekel, "And yes, Pnyx is where the mages study."
~~~
Silver awoke from his nap refreshed, and ready for happenings. He decided to find Shi'nayne first, but was unable to find her anywhere in the Tavern. Disappointed, Silver hung bat-like from the rafters, and observed the Tavern.

#116 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

"I'll have to go see him," Retsy decided, "... sometime. Nightnight!" She got up and left, hoping to have a nice 11-hour sleep back home, though it would take her hours to walk there.

#117 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:17 PM

Jehezekel watched Retsy leave, and then slipped out the back door, and followed silently, in case Ruffians should happen to attack her.

#118 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:04 AM

Katerei stopped out front the door to the Tavern, noticing that the large wooden mailbox was overflowing with decorative white envelopes. They were spilling out the top, over the sides, and onto the ground below. It looked like a small snowstorm had hit. She plucked one out of the mailbox and read the recipient's name. 'To Sideline,' it read in a delicate flowing script. She looked at another, then another, and another. They were all addressed to him.

"Hm," Katerei said, and scooped up as many envelopes as she could carry. Pushing open the door of the tavern with her hip, she scuffled inside and looked around. "Is Sideline here?"

"Yes," Sideline replied, turning around in his chair with a slightly confused expression. "Do you need something?"

Katerei walked over and dumped the armful of envelopes on his lap unceremoniously. "A shovel is what I need, or there'll be some serious mailbox arson* going on. Those are for you."

Sideline's eyes widened in surprise, and he picked one off the top of the pile, slit it open and quickly scanned it. While he read, Katerei went outside again to retrieve another armload of envelopes. She returned in time to overhear him read aloud, "'We have provided extra invitations in the event that you should wish to bring guests.' Well, that's an understatement," he grumbled. "What am I going to do with all these invitations?"

Raising an eyebrow, Katerei fumbled to open one through the massive amount of envelopes she was holding. She pulled the contents out with her teeth, dropped the envelope on the ground, and used her spare hand to shake out the parchment and read it. It was an invitation for the wedding of some mage and some noble, to take place at Pnyx. The footnote included the same text that Sideline had just read. Evidently they were all like that (presumably in case he opened the wrong one first.)

"Problem solved," Katerei said, and threw her armful of mail into the middle of the tavern. Envelopes flew haphzardly everywhere, hitting people on the head, sliding under tables, one or two going out the window. "Whoever can catch one is invited!"

Mort stared at his mug of beer with a sense of the utmost hopelessness. An envelope was somehow wedged longways into his mug, quickly soaking up all the beer and turning the parchment an icky amber colour. {{ Bartender? }} he asked with a sigh.

[ooc] *props to anyone who gets the reference without looking it up, which naturally, will be no one...

and a sidenote to whoever reads this before the new TS is posted, this is the opening scene for it.[bic]

This post has been edited by iKaterei: 09 March 2007 - 04:08 AM

#119 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:50 AM

"A ball!" Brianna exclaimed, as she deftly plucked an envelope out of the air. She quickly opened it and read it through. "What a pity Trinias isn't here," she sighed, wistfully.

The Scribe reached up and removed the envelope that had landed on his head and, like Brianna, scanned its contents quickly. He peered at Sideline over the tops of his glasses. "Who are these people, 'Danae' and 'Malis', and by what means do you merit such a bounty of invitations to their wedding?" he interrogated.

"Just some folks I did a favour for, a while back," Sideline replied, waving his hand deprecatingly. "They needn't have gone this far overboard about it, though."

"Indeed. I suspect there's a very interesting story behind all this, which I hope you will eventually share with me."

Sideline shrugged. "Maybe, someday." He stood up, grasping a handful of the remaining invitations. "But right now, there's a few people I want to deliver these to. I'll be back later." Rather than fight his way through the chaotic mob of people fighting over the few invitations that were left, he insouciantly climbed out the window.

Mort looked thoughtfully at the stained and rapidly drying piece of parchment that he'd retrieved from his previous mug, before the bartender had removed it. "Pnyx", he thought to himself. "I wonder how much it's changed in 300 years?" Surreptitiously, he tucked the invitation into an inside pocket of his tattered tobe.

This post has been edited by cache22: 09 March 2007 - 03:09 PM

#120 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:38 AM

Silverfish grabbed a handful of invitations from the air, and 'hid' all but one behind the bar. Then he sat on the bar, and experimented with different looks. Eventually he settled on silver embroidery along his hems, and silver scroll-work 'tattoos' on his feet and left cheek. Then he spread out gossamery wings, and headed to Pnyx.

This post has been edited by Jehezekel: 09 March 2007 - 03:45 PM

#121 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:54 PM

Cat sat bemused for a second, watching the blizzard of envelopes. Coming to her senses, she snatched one out of the air, seconds before it landed in a torch.
She opened it, and sighed happily as she scanned it. A ball! She'd always wanted to go to one, and now she had her chance!
"Well? Are we going?" she asked her companions.
Starfall shrugged. "Sure. Nothing interesting's happening at the moment."
Kerran agreed, and the three waited to see who else would be going.

Wolfie leapt and snatched one of the envelopes out of the air, and carried it over to Enna, who was waking up at the commotion.
She opened it, and held it upside down, pretending to read it.
Eventually she got bored of it, and took it over to Katerei, and asked, "What does it say?"
Katerei smiled and read it out to her.
When she had finished, Enna asked, "What's a ball? Is it like a snowfight?"

Aster, noticing Mort had an invite, took one for himself.
Now he had a big decision: To stay with his friend, and go to the ball, where he would likely have to be introduced to a huge number of strangers, or to stay behind at the Tavern with the decreasing number of people not going.

*OoC* Ooh, not many posts in two days! Live Tavern Live!
Nummy, should I introduce Enna to Retsy? Just say the word! *BiC*

#122 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

Selax sat in his corner, uninterested in the invitations. He had his own reasons for going to Pnyx and had no need to get into the reception.

Silently, he made his way out of the window and shot off into the sky, heading toward the mage city...
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#123 User is offline   Ledstjärna 

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:32 PM

When Lyxzén entered the tavern, the first thing he saw was envelopes scattered all over the floor. Curious, he picked one up and sat down in an empty chair to read it. It seemed to be an invitation to a wedding. He looked around and noticed that almost everyone seemed to be holding one, so he shrugged and tucked it into a pocket of his cloak. He had never been to Pnyx, but he had nothing better to do.

In the meantime, he left his longbow resting against a wall and went to order a drink at the bar.

(How did I do? It's short, but I wasn't sure what else to write yet. :P )
Och jag ska aldrig mer vara rdd att visa mig vek
Aldrig mer med hot frska bevisa min krlek

#124 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2007 - 02:54 AM

*OoC* Welcome to the Tavern! Short and sweet, I reckon. Your character has a lot of potential.
Nummy: Pick how you want Retsy to respond! *BiC*

Earlier...
Enna noticed that she was not the only child in the tavern. Another girl, a bit older than her, was redoing her hair, in the corner of the Tavern.
She got up and went over to the girl, and introduced herself.
"I'm Enna. What's your name?"

#125 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:59 AM

The adorable pink little girl had approached Retsy. She was so cute, Retsy couldn't help but perk up. "I'm Retsy!" she replied with a grin.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users