Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Alraeican Tavern - Part IX - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Alraeican Tavern - Part IX we're in ur taverns, writing ur posts

#76 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:38 PM

*OoC*
Let me know if you want me to edit this, cache.
*BiC*

Unfortunately, Mort accidentally knocked over his next drink, which the frog had prepared earlier just in case Mort were to lose another drink.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#77 User is offline   TMBassassin 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:15 AM

kamille lept to his feet and sped over to mort.
his hand flying to the left side of his belt, he grabbed the longer of the swords scabbard and all.
his arm shot out with the sword in hand as quickly as the lightning had from mort's hand.
the handle of his sword shot out above the counter, stopping mort's head from further denting the already well-used drinking platform.
"hey, hey, cut it out. i need you to help me. conjour me up someone skilled to kill, will 'ya? i'm getting antsy over here. something needs to be dead or dying due to large wounds real quick, or i dunno what i'll do."
Kamille Bio
man:"well, you must be stupider than you look!"
Homer: "....stupider like a FOX!"

#78 User is offline   Hamster 

• (,,#゚Д゚)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:39 AM

Hamster bristled as the lightning coursed through the tavern, and looked down at his drink.

"...Damn that's strong! :P"

#79 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:41 AM

{{ Conjur something? You mean, like a big, angry cavetroll, or something? }}

"Hurgh?" said the confused cavetroll that had just appeared near the door.

Mort cringed. {{ Tell me that did not just happen! }}

This post has been edited by cache22: 08 February 2007 - 12:42 AM

"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#80 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:47 AM

"I'd tell you, but it wouldn't do any good." said Aster. "It's there all right. You never told me you could do that!"
{{You didn't ask.}}
"True." Aster went back to sipping his (second) drink, watching Kamille's reaction.
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#81 User is offline   Hamster 

• (,,#゚Д゚)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:27 AM

Hamster finishes the last of his drink, and climbs out of the glass, to see the massive cave troll near the entrance to the tavern.

Hamster blinks.

Hamster looks back at his drink suspiciously.

#82 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2007 - 06:46 PM

Temrel observed the chaos in the tavern on his time viewer, brow wrinkled with worry. It appeared the consequences of the destruction of the Tempus stone, so long ago, were beginning to make themselves felt. The barriers between the three realms governed by the Triliad, of which the Tempus stone had been one vertex, were weakened. Reality was breaking down. Mort was something of a lightning rod for that, as he was for the likes of the magical storm that had just struck - being wedged halfway between life and death, he formed an easy conduit by which thought could become reality.

Kronos had also been behaving erratically, of late. He'd been straining hard to keep things together, and the realms apart, but it seemed the strain had taken its toll. Temrel hated to admit it, even in his own mind, but he was worried that the time elemental was heading for a breakdown - if he hadn't suffered one already. If Kronos lost his mind completely, three entire planes of existence could be annihilated.

Temrel chewed his lower lip indecisively. "But what in Cythera can I do?" he asked, of no-one in particular.
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#83 User is offline   TMBassassin 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:33 PM

kamille's eyes lit up as he set his gaze on the soon to be sliced-and-diced troll. his hands flew to his sword as he leaned foreward, seeming to almost fall before throwing his feet out in front of him in a mad, blurry dash.
he launched a foot or so off the ground, and preformed a quick spin to the right, drawing his sword as he came back around, using the momentum of the spin cleave the troll neatly in two across his chest.
the troll didn't fall apart until Kamille finished the kata by raising the sword above his head and cleaving the troll in half again vertically, small head and all.
by the time the chunks of troll meat hit the ground, Kamile had already cleaned and sheathed his sword, and was in the process of ordering another chocolate milk.
"thanks for that, mort." he said casually, without turning his head.
Kamille Bio

#84 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:24 PM

OoC: I sense a disturbance in the Force... BiC:

Jehezekel was busy chopping weeds on the path to Retsy's house, when a small band of Ruffians approached. They ran away when his machete started glowing like a torch. Jehezekel reached the signpost at about the same time that a small horde of Ruffians came into sight.

"What do you want with an old rundown farm?" He shouted to them.

"Warriors with enchanted weapons do not guard rundown farms!" They replied.

"They do for friends!"

The Ruffians laughed at him, and muttered "Liar!" vociferously.

Jehezekel steeled himself for the clash, and hoped he would survive it.
The first three were poorly armed and incautious, probably new recruits, and they lost their heads in a rush.
The other Ruffians were more cautious, but not prepared for Jehezekel to jump over their heads and attack from behind.
Two more fell before his blade before they could turn around.
The remaining seven jumped behind trees, and started shooting arrows and sling-stones at him.
Jehezekel raised his cloak over his head, and rushed one of the bow wielders.
That Ruffian was not ready with his mace, and died quickly.
An arrow hit Jehezekel in his left calf, and several stones bounced off his cloak.
He fell to the ground, and three more Ruffians were incautious, and fell to friendly fire.
*Ping* *Thunk* *Thunk* He managed to block one arrow with his Machete.
The three remaining Ruffians came out from behind their trees, and approached cautiously.
The barking of a distant dog seemed an omen of doom to the fallen youth.

Slowly, he attempted to rise, but the pain from his wounds held him down, and his right arm seemed paralyzed by the arrow sticking out from his shoulder. He felt on the verge blacking-out from the pain, but held tenaciously to consciousness. With a fey power, he struck the leg of the first Ruffian to draw near; a look of horror spread across the Ruffian's face, as his blood turned to fire, and consumed him. A club fell on Jehezekel's head, and he knew no more.

OoC: Blame the #cytherans for telling me it's okay to leave macabre cliff-hangers BiC:
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#85 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:40 AM

OoC: (bump) Since no one has posted for about a week, I will just have to double-post! BiC:

Hours later, Jehezekel awoke on a cold table in a stale smelling room. His arms and legs were bound to the table, and two shadowy forms were bending over him.

"Are you sure that <bleep> potion is <bleep> fresh enough?"

"Yes, I've used potions three times as old as this one. they just take a little longer."

"Well, it better, 'cause I want that <bleep> treasure!"

"We don't know that there is one. These off-worlders have strange motivations at times. See! Told ya' it would work!"

Jehezekel groaned, "Yeah, I'm awake, and no, I wasn't lying, and maybe you'll tell me where my blade is."

The first voice sounded suspicious, "Just how <bleep> long have you been awake anywayz, <bleep>?"

The Ruffian raised a bandaged hand threateningly, but Jehezekel calmly replied, "I've been thinking up come-backs in my sleep."

"Oh."

"Get the captive some food, we don't want to starve him on an empty stomach."

The bandaged Ruffian left the room, and the second Ruffian continued, "Tell me about your sword, my fellow Ruffian has adopted a violent hatred of it."

"Oh? I take it he can't handle a little fire, why didn't you help him?"

Laughter, "Do you take me for a fool? The only reason he survived our encounter is that he can't follow a lack of directions. I on the other hand, have the intelligence to survive."

"Indeed? In that case you will let me go, with my Machete, and I will let you live to face another foe."

"Heh. You are a pathetic little boy to be threatening me like that." He leaned over Jehezekel, brandishing a dagger. Slowly, almost seductively, he lowered the point toward Jehezekel's face, as the candles at the corners of the table flickered.

Jehezekel grimaced as the blade punctured the skin just below his right eye. The Ruffian jerked back with a scream of agony, clutching his hand in pain. "GCHAAAAAAHHHHH!" A window shattered.

The blood welled-up from Jehezekel's wound, stinging his eye, and he gritted his teeth in pain. The Ruffian grabbed an axe with his off hand, and hurled it at Jehezekel.

[edit]this line didn't fit with the next post[/edit]

OoC: (to be continued, feel free to interact, if reasonable) It died again! I killed the poor Tavern! BiC:

This post has been edited by Jehezekel: 17 February 2007 - 06:53 AM

#86 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:35 AM

"Hey, nice work!" said Aster. "I've never seen anyone fight like that before!"
The samurai inclined his head graciously. "You are too kind."
Aster sat back, waiting for something else to happen. The Tavern didn't seem to be a boring place.

Before the axe could hit Jehezekel, it was snatched out of the air.
"Let him go." said a soft voice to his right.
He twisted his head painfully, and was surprised to see a small girl standing next to him. She was staring the ruffian in the eyes, totally unafraid.
The ruffian sneered at her, reaching for his sword. "And how are you going to make me, little girl?"
She narrowed her eyes, and said, "You will let him go, or you will die."
Now the ruffian was laughing. "Threats? From you, kid? I could beat you with one hand tied behind my back. You don't even have a weapon!"
"Is that your choice?"
"Now listen, sweetheart. My turn to make threats. You will leave, and forget you ever came here, or it will be the worse for you."
The girl sighed. "I warned you."
Quick as lightning, she whipped -something- from her belt, and leapt towards the ruffian. Before he had time to blink, blood was spilling from his chest. His eyes rolled back in his head, and he fell over with a thump.
The girl turned to Jehezekel, and began to cut his bonds. The boy noticed she was crying.
"I hate killing people. Even if they deserve it." she said, by way of explanation, then without waiting to be thanked, she jumped back out of the broken window, and ran into the darkness.
Jehezekel eased himself into a sitting position, then got up and stiffly walked over to the dead ruffian. A sword wound ran straight through his chest. He turned the corpse over, and noted that the wound came out of his back.
I wonder who she was. he mused idly, then followed her out the broken window to safety.

This post has been edited by CrazyChick: 17 February 2007 - 06:31 PM

And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#87 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:01 AM

Jehezekel crept around the building, and saw his Machete lying on a bench by the door. He quickly retrieved it and made his way slowly down the hill side, and toward Cademia.

This post has been edited by Jehezekel: 18 February 2007 - 07:28 AM

#88 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:18 PM

Zallbyn arrived at the Tavern after being delayed by a bunch of hostile, rather small, and dark things (it was impossible to describe them, as Zallbyn had no idea what they were, half of which he defeated, 1 eighth of which gave up, and 3 eigths of which he ran past).

After sitting down, Zallbyn heard a series of soft noises at the door, and then one loud one.

The "things" had gotten right back up and were now hacking away silently at the door, but not invisibly. Uzsuy picked them all up, held them to his armor which the things couldn't penetrate, clutched his ears as best as he could with one hand as the things screamed, and went inside to ask what they were.

*OoC*
The "things" are dark, dead brown-colored, each with only one large white and purple eye. They kind of resemble a brown polyp with no tentacles, only much smaller, if anyone wants to try to explain them. Don't worry, I have no idea in mind of what they are, so anythings fine. It's even fine if they are polyps afterall.
*BiC*

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy: 17 February 2007 - 03:20 PM

#89 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:52 AM

Twilight hovered over the city as Jehezekel wearily ended his journey at the door of the Alraeican Tavern. He did not notice the signs of recent carnage as he slipped painfully onto a stool at the bar, and ordered a tall mug of grape juice.

#90 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:48 AM

*OoC* cache, if you don't like what's happening, PM me and I'll change it. *BiC*

Suddenly, a brick was launched through the window, incidently knocking Mort's newest drink over.

As the lich resumed bashing his head against the bar, Aster sighed, walked over to the window and looked out. Another brick came in the window, missing his head by milimetres. He turned around, and was about to go back over to the bar when the third brick hit him on the back of the head. He fell to the ground with a sickening crunch.
As a healer knelt over Aster to assess the damage, a rock with a piece of paper tied round it followed the bricks through the window. Kamille sauntered over and picked it up.
To the owner of the Alraeican Tavern, he read out loud.
We demand that you turn over the lich known as 'Mort', to our brave lads. Obviously the foul creature will do you great harm, and we can solve your future problems for you.
Signed,
The People's Republic for the Good of Cythera.

"Do we agree?" he asked.

#91 User is offline   ~vIsitor~ 

• rEsident gUest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:20 PM

Shanadar, having been delayed in walking back to the Tavern by the ever-unruly ruffian gangs about town, returned to the establishment soaking wet. Water pooled at his feet as it dripped off his cloak, and ran its natural course downhill along the nooks and crevasses of the tavern floor. Had the patrons not been so preoccupied, they might have found the display of the City Enforcer standing in the gloom of the door-frame as cliché as circumstances prevailingly seemed for him.

He made his way over to Mort, until he noticed the broken window, the brick, and another patron quietly reading note nearby the brick. As he sauntered over, the brick-note reading patron announced aloud the note's contents. Shanadar could hardly believe his ears. Turn Mort over to an angry mob? Ludicrous!

Snatching another piece of paper and a nearby pen, he wrote a note of his own:

"Dear mob which is not officially recognized by the City of Cademia as a legitimate power,
you clearly are out of your collective minds. Besides being a victim of circumstance, Morteous Bonaparte has had far more troubles come to him than he has brought on us. Your ill-conceived attempt at justifying the intended lynching is most appalling. Your are superstitious, prejudiced, and most grievous of all, incurably stupid. Cease and desist immediately or I shall deal with you personally.

Sincerely,
Shanadar, Cademian Enforcer and Peace Keeper."

He grabbed the brick, wrapped the note around it, threw it back out the window, and beaned one of the offending mobsters.

Returning to Mort, who seemed far more distressed about his spilt beverages than the current situation, he offered to buy him another drink.
"The art of war is about legs, not arms." - General Maurice de Saxe

#92 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:22 PM

{{ Thanks, Shanadar, }} Mort acknowledged as his latest drink arrived in front of him. {{ May I see the note? }} Shanadar rather reluctantly handed it over. Mort read it through, and sighed. {{ I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised. People haven't changed all that much over the centuries. }}

"Not all of us jump to such ill-formed conclusions, my friend," Shanadar replied.

{{ I know, and I appreciate it. I really do. }}

This post has been edited by cache22: 20 February 2007 - 12:16 AM

#93 User is offline   kickme 

• Tiga
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:46 PM

Justforkix looks up from his fifteenth drink to discover that the tavern his filled up since he arrived. Since he is starting to feel the effects of the liquor, he decides to leave. As he stands up, he forgets that the tavern was not made for people his size so his head collides with a beam. Sitting down for a minute, he orders another drink and soon forgets about leaving.
~~~~~
Later that night, Justforkix is dragged out of the tavern by a few strong men, and, as he tries to stumble off to his quarters, he notices some ruffians proceeding to the Tavern.
Programming is the eternal struggle between coders, creating better, idiot-proof programs and the universe, creating better idiots.
So far, the universe is winning

LotGD Development Server

#94 User is offline   Hamster 

• (,,#゚Д゚)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:56 AM

Hamster teeters along the edge of the bar top, rather warm and dizzy inside, and decides it would be best to wobble outside to relieve himself before he soils the bar. After a not-so-graceful landing, and a couple bounces, Hamster rights himself, and scurries outside.

A black-wrapped figure wearing a wide-rimmed hat watches the tiny rodent from behind a tree in the middle distance...

#95 User is offline   TMBassassin 

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:49 PM

the ruffians in the doorway blocked the warmth of the sunbeams coming in through the doorway in which Kamille had been sitting.
"bur-bah-bur-bur-bur" said one if the ruffians
"no, i'm not giving you JACK." replied kamille.
kamille smirked, and waved goodbye
the ruffian looked confusidly at kamille and then stared wide-eyed down at the large sword that had grown out of his chest.
"curiel's here!" said curiel, as he kicked the squirming ruffian off of his sword.
Kamille Bio

#96 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:08 AM

Jehezekel watched as Kamille and Curiel cooly dispatched the small party of ruffians. Confident that they could take care of the problem, he turned back to his tankard of grape-juice.

#97 User is offline   TMBassassin 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:21 AM

Curiel sneakily wiped the blood off his sword with the back of jehezekel's tunic, and returned the beast to its sheath. he stepped up to the bar and ordered a single-malt aged scotch, on the rocks. sitting down on one of the stools, he light a cigarette and sipped gingerly on his strong drink.
Kamille Bio

#98 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:17 AM

Jehezekel cringed as he felt the gory mess being wiped on his tunic. He hopped off his stool, and finding a wash-basin in the supply closet, cleaned his tunic.

#99 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:23 AM

The door swung open, and the group that had gone to explore the hole under the Tavern entered.

Katherine had come with them and was planning to use the hole and the portal it contained to reach Akheron quickly, and at least one or two people had decided to go with her briefly.

The others trooped over to a table and sat down heavily. Some wandered off to find places to sleep, others slept at the table, some stayed silent, and some discussed what had happened in low voices.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#100 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:48 AM

Silver gave a little blank tome to Katherine for her and Akheron's studies, and then went to his "room".
~~
Jehezekel returned from washing his tunic, and rejoiced to see that the adventurers had returned. He settled down at a table near a group that was discussing their adventure.

This post has been edited by Jehezekel: 04 March 2007 - 08:52 PM

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users