Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Alraeican Tavern - Part IX - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Alraeican Tavern - Part IX we're in ur taverns, writing ur posts

#201 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:00 PM

Silverfish hung down over the bar like a spider, & offered Yomu a piece of lint.
"It's not really edible... but it may tide you over."
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#202 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:25 AM

Yomu saw the strange little pale man hanging over him. He paused for a moment and stared at him, and then noticed the lint in his tiny hand. "Thank you.", he said as he reached and grabbed the small peice of lint. He did not eat it, instead he looked at it for a moment and put it in his pouch as he stared at his hat. "You wouln't happen to know where someone could get a bite, to eat would you?" he lifted himself in to a crouched position, not making eye contact with the straneg almost yin-yang like man.

#203 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:03 PM

*OoC*
Two Jacks: I was mostly referring to the ease with which the incident (an accident really) occurred and the victim. Had Anisa been prepared, she quite likely would have been able to deal with the potion itself (as I assume most TS and Cythera characters would be). Actually, I think that he only rarely uses powerful potions because of the difficulty in making them.
*BiC*

Selax watched the goings-on and pondered his next move. He was wasting time sitting here, but it was the best place to hear news. The elemental decided that he could afford to wait a little while longer...
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#204 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:11 AM

Wizard stirred briefly, but after noticing the lack of activity, readjusted himself and fell back asleep.
Wizard

#205 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:04 PM

Unfortunately for Wizard, his readjustment left him unbalanced, and he soon fell off the chair and onto the floor with a crash that shook the building...

Selax

#206 User is offline   ~vIsitor~ 

• rEsident gUest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2007 - 12:37 AM

Shanadar re-entered the Tavern, and waited silently amidst the pandemonium for any mention of Anisa's 'Tree' to be brought up in conversation. He had waited for eight minutes, and then The Wizard fell backwards in his chair, onto the Tavern floor. Although he knew the elderly adventurer could take care of himself, the Enforcer wished to avoid trouble, and in that spirit he moved over to help the caster off the floor before some unruly patron found him.

Helping the bearded fellow get back on his feet, he inquired just as to why such a seasoned veteran had fallen backwards in such a manner. The Wizard's honest reply, of course, was that he had fallen asleep. Although the Enforcer offered to pay for a room for the elderly chap, The Wizard respectfully declined, apparently not making much of the incident. Although worried such an accident might occur again, Shanadar knew all too well that arguing with The Wizard was a lost cause once he had made up his mind about something. As he turned away, the thought struck him that The Wizard might know about Anisa's 'Tree of Life', but then he reminded himself that he intended wait for someone else to mention the Tree first.

He silently cursed at himself for his careless thinking, knowing full well that such mage-types were known to read minds, and he was certainly in no mood to be instigating one of these adventurer's destructive quests. Oh what a bitter irony of ironies it would be if that were so.
"The art of war is about legs, not arms." - General Maurice de Saxe

#207 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:21 AM

Spectre looked around slowly, wondering why she could see six of everything. She fell off her stool and didn't bother to try and get up. Leaning against the wall, she tilted her head back and went to sleep.

*OoC* OMG! I'm back! *BiC*
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#208 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 12:50 PM

Silver paused a moment in thought & then called out to the bartender, "C'mon Bartender, give the boy a credit-line, I guarantee he'll pay you back as soon as most of us!"
Grumbling under his breath, the ghost-frog jotted a note in his ledger, & handed a roast chicken to Yomu.

#209 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:57 PM

"...Thank you." Yomu said as he picken himself off the ground and strode over to a near-by table holding the plate of bird meat. The chicken was quite delicious.

Yomu grunted as he slid his hat into his bag, it had begun to annoy him. As hey take his hand old he felt the cold metalic edge of the small silver box. Once again his mind wandered about it's orgin only to be brought back by the sharp stab in his stomach. The day was over, it was time to eat and rest.

#210 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:14 PM

*OoC*
I don't think that I'll be using Selax in the next TS, hence, his departure. I'm more inclined to use Rapierian though that make take some work.
*BiC*

Selax finally decided that he could wait no longer. He had heard and seen nothing of any use to him. Carefully, he considered his next course of action. Finally, he decided that he would have to leave and see if he could hear any news of interest elsewhere. The elemental quietly slipped out of the window...

Selax

#211 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:31 PM

& fell into the barrel of vodka that Jehezekel was carting in for the tender.

#212 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:10 PM

*OoC*
EDIT: I'm sorry; last night, I realized that this post was probably a bit rude (although it was not meant to be). I was unable to fix it then because the boards weren't loading.

Jehezekel, I didn't mean to leave that end open, since I don't plan for Selax to be in the next TS. I'm still inclined, for a variety of reasons (to avoid interfering with the buildup to next TS, for one), to have him to slip quietly out of the Tavern. I hope that my compromise in this post will serve.
*BiC*

Selax had floated up backward through the open window. He then began to descend. At the last moment, he spotted the barrel beneath him and barely managed to pull himself to the side, ending up balanced precariously on the edge. Unfortunately, Jehezekel, thinking that someone was about to fall into the cargo that he was transporting, threw his arms over it. His arm swept into the back of Selax's legs and knocked him off the side of the barrel, causing him to land headfirst on the ground.

"Oops," Jehezekel muttered. The top half of Selax had smashed flat into the ground. Suddenly, his form wavered, and he returned to a standing position next to Jehezekel.

"Why," the elemental asked in a quiet tone, "are you transporting an open barrel of alcohol?"

Then, he turned and strode off into the night. The whole altercation had been quiet enough that nobody in the Tavern had heard anything.

This post has been edited by Selax: 12 October 2007 - 10:32 AM

Selax

#213 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:43 PM

Jehezekel blinked, & carefully fastened the lid back on. Without further excitement, he conveyed the barrel to its resting place behind the bar.
He sank shakily to the ground, wondering why the lid had come off in the first place...

#214 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:57 PM

Aster looked around the bar and blinked, wondering what had made him look up. A trio near the door had just stood up, and seemed to be preparing to leave. One had silver hair and was dressed all in blue, one had coppery hair in two plaits and was wearing forest green, and the last looked somewhat odd, even for the usual patrons of the Alraeican tavern. Either he was wearing furry pants, or...
Aster shook his head, and returned to staring moodily at his grape juice.

Cat, Starfall and Kerran had decided, after much debate, that there wasn't really any reason for them to keep sitting in the tavern. Since nothing seemed to be happening, they had decided to explore Cythera firsthand.
So saying, they had departed, and were on their way to a possible adventure.

*OoC* I just want to work with my other characters in the possibly-upcoming TS, they may make a re-appearence later. *BiC*
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#215 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:40 PM

OoC: CrazyChick, having your characters leave just now was very bad timing :P I'm just putting up the start of the TS.

For any newcomers, my post here will reference this post quite a bit. Note that most of this post happens in a dream. It is only a vision; Wizard is still in the tavern. BiC:

Blinding lightning. Again.
Deafening thunder. Again.

Wizard found himself completely soaked, standing in the endless expanse of mud. Again.

He sighed; this was getting frustrating to deal with. “What is this all about? Who are you?” Wizard asked of the silent figure in front of him.

No reply.

Wizard looked around him again. It was just as barren as before, but the chasm in front of him seemed somewhat smaller now. He didn’t recall being this close to the black figure last time. If anything, it had become darker than before, and the ground was nearly soggy enough for someone to sink into it.

“You’re not going to tell me anything, are you?”

The dark figure still did not reply.

Losing his temper, Wizard suddenly shouted much louder than he knew he could, “THEN GO! LEAVE. . . ME. . . ALONE!”

The figure stood for a second, seemingly pleased that he had upset the old man. But then he vanished. Wizard remained in the illusion for a moment longer, thinking about what it could possibly mean.

Before long, though, he shook his head and everything around him vanished too. He was back in the tavern, seated comfortably against the wall, dry and warm. These illusions that were attacking him in his sleep were beginning to bother him. He still suspected that it was Rapierian doing this to torment him. “That rat will get what’s coming to him, soon,” he muttered to himself.

He glanced around the room. More people were here now. It was late, though, and it seemed that nothing more would happen tonight.

Wizard suddenly remembered something that had happened earlier. Shanadar had helped him off of the floor, and while he helped the tired wizard to his feet, a thought had crossed his mind. Wizard, of course, couldn’t help but hear that thought since it had been so close to his mental ear.

The topic interested Wizard considerably, so he decided to question Shanadar further about it. It was something about the “Tree of Life.”

This post has been edited by The Wizard: 14 October 2007 - 11:44 PM

Wizard

#216 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:25 AM

*OoC* Actually, it was very good timing. I don't want to use them in the TS, and if they were left in the tavern, it might get a bit boring. Anyway, I still have Aster, Spectre, Enna and Wolfie. *BiC*

Enna and Retsy had started a game of... well, it didn't really have a name, as such, but it involved a pack of cards, a pair of dice, three tables and one of the tavern windows.

*OoC* PS - leaving you to decide what the game is! *BiC*

#217 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:38 PM

Enny & Retsy had barely started their game, when...

OoC: I think that this post really belongs here in the Tavern...
Also, I do have a personal post at the bottom of this mass of text ^_~ BiC:

View PostThe Wizard, on Oct 14 2007, 11:43 PM, said:

*Crash*

A chair flew over Wizard’s head. He twirled his staff around rapidly, knocking ruffians to the floor. Others he sent flying across the room with a wave of his hand. He felt rejuvinated after his rest. Shanadar was quite a good fighter, and had already handled more ruffians than Wizard.

Wizard looked up for a moment. Everyone was fighting ruffians. There seemed to be hundreds of them! But why were they here? Wizard’s mind went back to earlier that night, before a single ruffian had even appeared. . .

The Tree of Life, Wizard mused. There is an interesting subject. Wizard was remembering something Shanadar had thought about earlier. It seemed to be a quiet night, so Wizard decided to speak with Shanadar about the matter.

Grabbing his staff from where it rested against the wall, Wizard made his way to the bar. He took a seat next to Shanadar. After ordering a water to refresh himself, he thought for a moment to determine what was best to say. He decided on something short, “The Tree of Life.”

“You heard that I guess,” Shanadar couldn’t help but smile.

Wizard threw his hands up defensively. “I - I couldn’t help myself. I just hear these things. I don’t try. . . usually. Anyways, I thought that if you were waiting for someone to say something, I might as well be the first.”

Shanadar was listening carefully now, “You know about it?”

“A little. You’re not going to find much on it, wherever you look.”

“What all can you tell me?”

“Well, a few hundred years ago, I decided to do some research on it. I was looking for three primary things: if it existed, where it was, and what it did.” Wizard paused to take a sip of his water. “From all the scrolls, books, visions, and prophecies I could gather, I only found very little relating at all to this ‘Tree of Life.’ Some don’t even refer to it by name but by inference.”

Wizard continued his story, “I was trying to find out if it actually existed at first. I couldn’t find an answer to that. Everything I found spoke of it as though it were true. But there was never any solid evidence. It may be legend or it may not.”

“Hmm. . . what about the second?”

“The second. . . well, it’s difficult to say. Most of the people who wrote anything about the Tree of Life agreed on one thing: it is somewhere in the mountains. I don’t know exactly where, but they all say that somewhere hidden high in the mountains, a sole tree grows, taller than any other. Not much, is it?” Wizard looked away suddenly towards the door. He felt that someone was coming in a moment. Sure enough, the door opened and someone stepped inside.

*Bang* The door slammed shut as the cloaked person entered the tavern and sat down in the back. Everyone glanced at him, but soon returned to their own business.

Shanadar stared at the cloaked man the longest, wondering who he might be. “What about the third question you were hoping to answer?” he asked as he turned back to the old man in front of him.

“The third question left me where I had started. Some believe that the Tree gives eternal life. Others say that it gives unimaginable power to all who eat of its fruit.”

“What do you believe?”

“I believe that, if it exists, then it has some unique purpose completely different than those. I wouldn’t even try to guess at what it could be.”

“Why did you never try to find it yourself?”

Wizard was taking another drink of his water. “Oh. . . I guess I missed the most important part. Everyone who wrote about the Tree mentions something in common. They all say that anyone who seeks it, will find death first. They say it is set apart, not of this world. Some say that it is guarded by the heavens. Personally, that is why I never speak of it. If it does exist, I am almost certain that it is left well enough alone.”

Shanadar was about to say something when a window suddenly shattered. A few ruffian armed with clubs and torches climbed in.

“Ruffians!” Wizard nearly chuckled. “You guys never attack places like this—especially ones with as many fighters as this tavern! What are you doing here?!”

Shanadar readied his club. Everyone in the tavern thought they were in for an easy fight.

“Oh dear” was all Wizard could say before the door flew open and dozens of ruffians poured in.

A fight ensued.

Wizard was snapped back into reality when a ruffian slammed a club into his stomach. The old mage was out of breath and had to sit down. Fortunately, Shanadar was beside him and dealt with the ruffian that had hit him.

Tables were knocked over, glasses shattered, chairs broken. Someone knocked a ruffian with a torch into the curtains and a fire immediately started. Shanadar expertly bludgeoned every ruffian who got near him. Sécundus, who had been quietly resting most of the night, did his best to keep the bandits off of him. Other fighters, much more skilled, were having a good time, enjoying the fight.

Wizard was recovering his breath. He threw a whole bottle of alcohol at a ruffian across the room from where he sat, much to the frog-bartender’s dismay. From where he sat, Wizard could see the cloaked man who had entered earlier still sitting in the corner. He seemed completely unconcerned by the fighting.

“I’m getting pretty tired of this. Aren’t you?” Wizard was standing again but beginning to faulter. A ruffian managed to punch him in the face.

“Yes, I’m certainly prepared for a break,” Shanadar replied as he struggled with a ruffian trying to push a knife into his throat.

Wizard had been bumped back into the the stool on the counter by someone running by. The flames were spreading across the whole tavern. The ceiling was already beginning to burn.

Closing his eyes, Wizard held up his hand and stood back up. “Enough!” he shouted as everyone froze. He strained to hold each ruffian in a telekinetic field. “Why are you here?”

No ruffian was willing to speak; they were preoccupied with trying to struggle free of Wizard’s telekinetic hold.

“You don’t think I’m serious, do you?”Wizard made a hand gesture and one ruffian went flying into the wall—through several tables—certainly with enough force to break every bone in his body. “I’ll ask again: why are you here?” Shanadar seemed surprised by what this old man was capable of; he’d never seen him quite this angered.

Without warning, Wizard’s staff left his hand. Wizard was still able to hold every ruffian in place, but it was harder without his staff. The staff flew across the room and into the corner where the cloaked man had been sitting. The cloaked figure was now standing, and the staff came straight into his hand.

He moved toward Wizard with amazing speed, he did not even slow down when he across fire. Rather, the flames seemed to die before him. Wizard tried to stop his approach but was unable. His eyes were closed and his hand twitching, but still the cloaked man came nearer.

The man in the cloak was focused solely on Wizard and never looked away from him. Several tried to leap out in front of him or onto him, but they were thrown aside into a wall or up into the ceiling without even a glance from the cloaked mage.

Wizard’s eyes widened as the figure drew close to him. “I know y—” was all he could say before he was slammed against the bar by his own staff, unconscious. Shanadar quickly tried to hit the man with his club, but he wasn’t able to reach him before the end of Wizard’s staff rammed into his stomach and sent him reeling over a barstool and onto the floor.

Everything went quiet for a moment. The cloaked man stood silently staring at the unconscious form on the ground. This old man seemed so fragile. Tossing Wizard’s staff carelessly into the fire, he reached down and took hold of Wizard’s robe.

The ruffians were able to move again as soon as Wizard lost his consciousness. The cloaked man walked towards the door, just as fast as he had moved toward Wizard, dragging Wizard behind him. Everyone watched, too amazed to move. Shanadar was struggling to regain his breath and get up. By the time he had his head up, all he could see through the flames and open door was the cloaked figure tossing the unconscious Wizard onto horseback with a single hand. The old man’s several hundred pounds did not seem to disturb him in the least.

“No!” Shanadar ran to the door but was too late. The ruffians, the cloaked man, and their captive Wizard had already ridden off. Shanadar turned and watched the flames engulfed the tavern.

Sécundus felt around under all of the burnt chairs and curtains. The tavern itself had already begun to magically repair as soon as they had put the flames out. Most of the rubble was still there, though.

“Aha! I found it,” Sécundus held up Wizard’s somewhat blackened staff. “Hmm, I’ll just wipe off some of this ash here. . .”

Shanadar had gathered his things and was heading out the door.

“Are you going already?” Sécundus seemd surprised, dropping Wizard’s cleaned staff back into the rubble it had been under.

“I’ve waited too long as it is, I’m leaving now so that I have some hope of finding him and bringing those thugs to the justice that’s coming to them.”

“Well, I know I’m not exactly very helpful to you, but I’m coming along.” Sécundus leaned over and picked the staff up again. He hesitated a moment before saying, “I didn’t know the old man very well, but I have traveled with him. I owe it to him at least to rescue him from whatever those ruffians have planned.”

“Very well. I’d be glad of company. I can’t fight all those ruffians alone.” Seeing others who were known widely for their adventures, Shanadar spoke loudly, “Anyone who is willing to come, we’d appreciate the help.” He didn’t wait to see who all was prepared or preparing to go. He had already turned and started on his quest to find and rescue Wizard.

Jehezekel ordered a grapemilk, & sat down near Aster,"So, what was growing up on the best flax farm ever in -this- Cythera like?"
~~~~
After a few minutes of getting battle-ready, Silverfish flew after the already departed adventurers.

#218 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:17 AM

Aster stared at the odd purple liquid, then reached for his necklace as he realised he would be called upon to socialise.
"Um, well..." he began. "It was kind of boring, really..."

#219 User is offline   Gray Shirt Ninja 

• devoured by incandescence
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:27 AM

A slate-colored ninja slides into the bar, silent as death itself. He stops and stares.

"A whole forum of users that I've never met! Madness! How could they hide for so long?"

The ninja purloins a drink (he is a ninja after all) and seats himself in a shadowy corner in the rafters. He pulls out a notebook and begins to make observations on these strange creatures that call themselves "Cytherans".
Why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is
my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a
shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

#220 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:39 PM

*OoC*
Well, I don't really have a character in the Tavern, but I feel that I should welcome you :P .

The Tavern can be a bit of a crazy place, by the way.
*BiC*

Unfortunately, the rafters in that corner were not very strong, and they soon gave way under the ninja's weight...

Selax

#221 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:05 PM

Aster had been looking up, so was able to dodge the falling baulks of timber. However, some of the other patrons weren't as lucky.
After the noise had died down somewhat, he reached for his mug of grape juice. A large piece of roof was floating in it.

#222 User is offline   Gray Shirt Ninja 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:50 PM

The ninja lightly hops from falling rafter to falling rafter and gracefully lands on the ground.

"That didn't go quite as I planned. I seem to have lost my beverage.

...what sorts of beverages does this place serve anyway? Personally I prefer root beer or a good darth_vadar. I only drink authentic FleemBlasters™ though, so don't bother offering me any."

#223 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:38 PM

Jehezekel nodded in response to Aster's reply, & casually dodged as lumber started raining down. As the dust settled, he finally noticed the newcomer.

"I recommend this." he said, raising his jug of grape-milk, "It's quite good."

#224 User is offline   Gray Shirt Ninja 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:44 AM

"Grape... milk? Sounds interesting."

The ninja gives it a try.

#225 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:13 PM

Unfortunately for everyone else, the grape milk was a very odorous drink, with vapors that acted like a sedative for the surrounding patrons. The conversations in the tavern slowed to a crawl and people began sleeping at their tables. The bartender looked out the window, noticed it was almost dusk, shrugged and accepted an early end for his job tonight. He glanced at the sleeping patrons strewn about the tavern and smiled, before closing the door for the night.
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users