Ambrosia Software Web Board: The tale of the Treasure - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The tale of the Treasure

#101 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 December 2000 - 05:12 PM

*Desert Fox stood back up, but one of the wizards raised their hands and Desert Fox was thrown into the still-moving spike walls, which had now crossed half the distance. With a cry of pain, Desert Fox slowly turned green and sank to the ground in a puddle of blood, dead. The walls continued to move, mashing his body into something undescribable. (these guys are supposed to be really tough, and you wanted to fight them here as opposed to the other place I had in mind)

Avatara stood in the midst of the chaos, staring blankly and looking as if he had no life left in him. His friends were dying, he didn't notice at all. He didn't even see anything.*

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#102 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 December 2000 - 05:14 PM

The wall was still getting smaller, but at a slower rate. When Rogan hit the wall, it suddenly sped up, as if the mages were controlling it. He now had a nasty spike sticking right out of him, through his heart. The group now knew that they stood no chance in melee against eleven powerful mages.

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font>
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url], [url="http://"http://users.erols.com/alkrauss/Once_Again.html"]Once Again: on the web.[/url]
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#103 Guest_Lindor_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 December 2000 - 07:28 PM

Talos and Lindor tore their gazes away from the gruesome scene. As turned to face off against eleven mages they knew they couldn't beat, Shaka Tetsu silently clammoured to his knees and, producing a knife, stabbed a mage in the back. The blade stopped an inch from the mages body.

Shaka realized first that the mage must have placed magical armor over itself, and second that eleven angry mages were now aware of him. He frantacly jabbed at the figure in front of him, but seven lightning bolts and four magic arrows quickly stopped his attempt for good.

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 12-28-2001).]

#104 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2000 - 10:47 PM

The group was now in quite a fix. While Talos and Lindor were still up, everyone else was either dead or unconcious. The mages glared at the two standing adventurers. However, they didn't do anything, they didn't even cast a protection spell. Surprisingly, one of the mages came up to the two adventurers and said,

"Perhaps we will spare you. We control the contraction and expansion of this room. We could teleport out immediately, and close these walls in on you instantly. You would die in a flash."

The other mages glanced sideways, considering the idea.

The other mage continued, "You are wondering why we have not done as we have said. My colleagues here, as you can see, wanted to close this room on you from the start. Your friend Avatara, they wanted to kill him, too. Throughout this, I have protected you. I have protected you because you have energy: powerful magical energy we need. For you see, dark magic consumes our energy ravenously."

The other mages shook their heads in agreement.

"We need more than three times normal food consumption, and we are still lethargic. Our base energy - our society's base energy - has been drained ever since we started dark magic. Our soil is drained, we must make our food by magic, which takes even more energy."

Talos butted in, "Are you going to kill us for our energy!?"

The mage laughed, a strangely warm, yet corrupt laugh. "Half of that statement is true," he spoke, chuckling, "and half is not. Yes, we will take your energy. But no, we probably won't kill you. Energy distillation can only be done on a living being, although the soul is corrupted. We took Avatara, hoping to get energy from him. We couldn't, he was too strong. We destroyed his soul in the process though, and we have disposed of him in our own way."

"You two, though," he continued, "are ripe for farming."

In a blinding flash of light, Lindor and Talos saw the room dissolve, but the mages stayed in focus. Slowly, the light subsided. They were in a large domed chamber, heavily gilt...

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font>
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url], [url="http://"http://users.erols.com/alkrauss/Once_Again.html"]Once Again: on the web.[/url]
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#105 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2000 - 09:35 PM

*Avatara suddenly came to and the world spinning before his eyes resolved with a thud. Avatara slumped to his knees and blinked. He was in a large somewhat rectangular chamber, with a tiny opening a little over 100 feet off the ground. Looking around, he saw Desert Fox impaled upon a spike and the other members, save Lindor and Talos, of the group unconscious or dead, strewn about the room. Seeing two walls of spikes no more than 20 feet of the ground, Avatara struggled to recall a spell to get him and his friends to safety. He spied an enchanted amulet of his lying on the ground, about 10 paces away. He could use that for his teleportation spell.

Avatara attempted to rise, but could not. He slumped head-first in the dirt, unable to move his weakened limbs. The screeching sound of metal grew ever louder in his ears. Avatara groaned and tried again. The walls were getting ever larger in his vision and close together. Gritting his teeth, and tasting blood, presumably from his tounge, Avatara managed to rise on one knee with his right foot firmly planted in the dirt. He felt a wave of light-headedness and almost fell over. Avatara struggled more, and pulled himself to his feet, the squealing of metal deafining in his ears. He staggered forward a step and tried to catch his balance. The gates were almost to Rogan by now, and Avatara was still a little distance from his amulet. The metal walls loomed ever closer, and Avatara took yet another slow step. Losing his balance, Avatara fell forward, and his hand closed on the amulet.

Instantly reacting to its touch, and the power it contained, Avatara filled with power. His garments tore as the spikes slashed through them, and Avatara closed his eyes and attempted to concentrate. The rows metal spikes slid past each other, and the walls came together with a final ear-piercing screech and a loud clang of metal.

Avatara opened his eyes, and in a brief few seconds of consciousness saw him and the bodies of his friends lying on the surface...*

------------------

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 12-29-2000).]
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#106 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2001 - 09:13 AM

With Avatara's spell, all escaped from the hellhole room. The only problem was, the enemy also transported out. They were still facing off with the two standing warriors. Lindor was at a loss. He really had no clue on his next move. Before he could act, though, a lightning bolt zapped over his shoulder towards Avatara. Before it reached him, Avatara cast a spell. Nobody could tell what was cast but it was obvious that he was out for the count on this one. Then, from the other side of the battlefield, movement was taking place. One of the fallen had been revived. His actions were quick and subtle. None of the others even noticed him. In a blaze of glory the revived quickly attacked. The wizards, unexpecting this turn of events, were helpless for the first few seconds. It took a few moments for the group to realize that this was their chance to attack. They quickly joined...

------------------
Had to alter sig because it was pissing me off
Banana banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie!

#107 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2001 - 12:11 PM

DF lunged at the mages (I'm assuming that your the 'revived'), but as he came on, their laughter surrounded him. At the last moment, DF leaped into the mage who had been talking before. As he soared through the air, he didn't hit the mage, but instead passed right through him. The wizards must have put up illusions of themselves.

DF slammed into the ground as the images of the wizards started to weave their spells. The air blackened around the group, and not just the black of a cloudy night, but pitch black, as if miles of solid rock was between them and the nearest light source. The air flashed for a moment as a ball of lightning flew at Lindor, frying him where he stood. A flamberge (sp?) then slowly appeared hovering over Talos as if it were being drawn from an invisivble sheath, and swept at him faster than a man should be able to swing it. No wonder, for no man phisicly held the great sword, and the only way to stop it would be to strike the wizard who controled it. Now, Talos and DF just had to get to that one wizard before being burned to ashes.

------------------
The One And Only:
~Theo Nean Donly~
"I don't need a plan, just a goal. The rest will follow on its own"
     - Magic: the Gathering, "Temper"

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#108 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2001 - 09:06 AM

DF smiled an evil grin. His trick had worked and Lindor and Talos were on their way. He kept smiling as he disappeared.

It was not speed or spell power that moved him there, it was pure luck. Before the wizards could cast a spell, DF somehow transported Lindor and Talos elsewhere before the attack could take place. The surprize attack could help their chances greatly but they needed to act quickly to take it. DF's disappearing act was confusing the wizards, who were blasting chunks of rock everywhere trying to hit him. They decided to attack from different spots and hopefully take out a few before they knew what was going on.

The holler was made from both sides of the field. DF kept jumping around but the wizards stopped their onslaught. They gasped as DF enhanced the speed of his allies as they quickly overtook the wizards. DF unsheathed his Iceblade and started in on the wizards himself. He wasn't where he appeared to be either, he came out of the bushes behind the wizards and shocked them one last time. He knew which was the leader and pierced the armour protecting his fragile body. The sword went all the way through but didn't instantly kill the wizard. The icy effect of the sword started to freeze the living flesh on the body before the wizard finally slumped over dead. With that, the rest of the wizards went into a panic. With Talos and Lindor cutting through most of them and DF stabbing ones that weren't already injured, they decided to try to take them out in one final way. Lindor stabbed one of the wizards with boh of his swords and was preparing for more when a wizard put a hand on his shoulder and started a spell. Lindor's body contorted in ways not natural for a human and his form was changing completely. As Talos finished off the rest of the wizards, he turned to see this. Lindor's body was dying but his mind remained trapped. It was the effect of dark magic used to create demons out of living beings. He then remembered borrowing one of Rogan's daggers the other day and thought that the only chance. He reared back and hurled the knife at the wizard and it struck. Unlike most daggers, this wasn't an icy one. This summonned a lightning bolt down from the heavens to strike. The wizard looked like he was going to survive until the last of the bolt hit. His body then turned red and exploded into a dark mess. Lindor was still in the same shape it was before, but it was instilled with a dark magic that even DF did not posses. The transformation did not complete itself so it created a balance. Lindor was not evil or undead but he did now posses dark magic as well as a more sinister fighting approach.
"Wh-What has happened to me?" Lindor asked as he looked at himself "I turned to see that mage put a spell on me"
"It is a dark transformation spell. You survived but you might have acquired some darker traits" DF answered after checking on his friend.
Lindor sheathed one of his swords and went around stabbing the remains of the wizards with the other one to make sure they were all dead. Meanwhile, Talos produced a potion.
"It is a weak potion that Avatara made for me a while back. It should revive him enough to help out" Talos said as he handed DF the potion.
The amulet Avatara wore was still glowing and DF realized that it was healing his broken body. The fed the potion to him and let him rest for the time. Now nothing was interfering with their ability to find the treasure. All that was needed now was the revival of their allies and they would set out to face the red dragons that guarded the treasure.

------------------

#109 Guest_Lindor_*

Posted 04 January 2001 - 01:14 PM

As the groupd waited for mana two recuperate enough to heal everyone, Lindor took DF aside.

"What exactly did you mean by 'darker traits'? I have absolutely no knowledge of magical trasformations."

#110 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2001 - 09:03 AM

"The dark transformation spell he was using on you will have a magical effect. You are also regenerating mana, but don't know it. I have a few spells you might like to know" DF responded to Lindor as he unsheathed his weapon "This is called the darkblade spell"
DF started a small chant and repeated it about 5 times. His sword then turned pitch black and seemed almost as if it were a shadow instead of a weapon. Lindor then did the same and to his own surprise, his blade started shading away. The ending effect was different on his sword though. DF said another phrase and his blade went to its original color. When Lindor repeated the phrase, his blade flashed with the brightest of light and Lindor fell to the ground, exhausted.
"You all right?" DF said as he rushed over
"Just a little...tired...must......rest..." Lindor said as he fell asleep on the spot. Whatever happened, it took all his energy away. Inspecting Lindor's sword, DF noticed it was no longer the broadsword it was a few moments ago. It had somehow transformed. Determined to see what had happened, DF went into the woods alone. It wasn't long until a troll came bumbling around looking for a fight. DF charged the lone troll and struck him with Lindor's blade. The blade erupted into flames and burned throught the enemy. The power, now unleashed, killed the troll. The blade seemed to be similar to his own but to the opposite affect.

The next day, Lindor awoke and was stunned. DF had come back and handed him his sword
"Wh-what happened? That didn't seem right." Lindor stammered as he tried to figure out what happened
"The magic I taught you did more than I thought. You have more magical powers than I do. "This is now a better sword. It is like my Iceblade but it uses a fiery attack rather than an icy one. The spell aparently changed the blade permanently but I don't know that, it might just be a limited effect. I doubt that because it had to take all your energy to make it like this. Strange, very strange indeed."
"Any more spells I should watch out for" Lindor said sarcastically aas he stood up
"I have a spell which you can learn but we need to get away from here. I don't want to risk hurting our allies" DF said as he drew his blade and hacked through the woods
"Cool" Lindor said as he followed. He unsheathed his newly transformed sword and started smacking trees with it. Everything it hit would burst into flames, as if it had been hit by a fire spell.
When the two finally reached the other side of the forest, they met a clearing.
"Here, use this spell as I start mine. Be sure to listen closely because I will not do it twice" DF said as he started a short chant. An aura swallowed him up and made it hard to see him. Lindor did the same and was delighted to see it worked.
DF then went to the center of the clearing. His eyes turned red and he shouted out a strong encantation. The result was devestating. It seemed as if a burst of darkness just occured around him and was spreading fast. When it reached the edge of the clearing, it hit the trees and destroyed them. It didn't go far for DF had not put too much power into it. Lindor then started the encantation and was shocked by what happened. His skin went dark and the wave didn't go anywhere, it surrounded him and did not leave. The two spells he used apparently worked together. We headed towards the trees and noticed that when the dark aura hit them, they shattered into many bit, propelled away from him. A usefull spell combo indeed. When the effects wore off, he noticed DF staring at him. DF had apparently not done this before himself and had never seen the effect that Lindor had made. Lindor then used the dark spell again and saw the same effect happen that DF's did. DF, though stunned, made another aura to protect himself from the incoming wave. The power he fought against was so strong, yet so controlled. Lindor obviously had more control over this dark magic then he had. The wave stopped once the Aura was broken. DF gasped as he realized that the spell he taught was much stronger than he previously imagined. He went over and congragulated Oindor on his quick learning ability. They then returned to camp
"Those were a couple of my favorite spells" DF told Lindor as they hacked their way bakc to the camp "Ask Kestral for some elemental spells and talk to Avatara for some healing spells. For enchantments, go to Rogan"
"Thanks for the spells but do you have to actually say them out loud? I never before heard them come out of you"
""Say them in your mind and concentrate and then you will get the desired effect"
"Thank you" Lindor said
Once they returned to camp, the rest were stretching. Avatara had used his spells for the day and was resting. Rogan seemed alive and well again while Kestral was at lease alive. The day was closing up and DF took the camp guard post. Over the night, he heard some dragon calls but not much else.

------------------

#111 Guest_Lindor_*

Posted 09 January 2001 - 05:22 PM

-RED- dragon calls, DF noticed. He thought to himself as he sat on gaurd,

"The dragons are close, and so is the end of this adventure, but what was that warning on the scroll telling about the treasure?...what was it?...what was it?..."

And he continued to repeate that phrase as the rest of the group slept contentedly until morning.

#112 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2001 - 08:55 AM

When they woke up, everyone felt bad. They were very sleepy, especially DF, who had watched the camp during the night. Rogan drank some wine to lighten up and Kestrel ate some bread and said to Avatara: "Man, you look just the way I feel." Rogan was worried. They had never been so tired before on this quest, and yesterday, they were alive and ready to meet the next day. "This is unusual" said Rogan and tried to get up. "What? We are just a bit tired" answered Kestrel. "Yes, it`s not thet unusual. We have travelled far and are naturally tired" Avatara continued. DF sighed and said: "Rogan, do you have any of those potions left?" Rogan looked through his sack and took out a glass bottle with some brown liquid in it. "You mean these?" Rogan said, "they have swamp bean extract in them and can cure tired persons..." he picked up three more potions from the sack and continued: "That`s four total. DF, Avatara, Kestrel, Lindor, Talos, Ferazel and me...we need three additional potions." Ferazel opened his sack and said: "I have two here. We need only one more." The group searched through their sacks and soon, Talos found a potion in his pouch. "Good, let`s drink these and get to the dragons lair" DF said with a smile on his face. He opened a bottle and drank the brown liquid. He looked around and got a strange look on his face. "Odd. Nothing happens" he said ,surprised.

"What could be the reason?" asked Talos. "Propably delayed effect" said Ferazel, "those potions are somewhat unreliable." Rogan got up and drank his potion. A few seconds later, he said: "Nothing happens. Maybe I was right in the first place. This is unusual. I..." more he was not able to say before he dropped to the ground, unconscious...

------------------
I`m a bomb technician. If you see me running...try to keep up.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#113 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2001 - 10:06 AM

In only a few seconds, the party was all on the ground. Having had the desired effect, a dozen gnomes came up and carried the group from their encampment...

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font> - - 2B| |!2B - More heartfelt C.

#114 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2001 - 05:55 PM

...but Avatara, still using his healing aura was awake. (Theo, you'll see what you mentioned now. -long post-)

*The group arrived at the gnome camp in the middle of the night. All around, little tan furred gnomes ran around, squeaking in delight. A large fire was burning in the center of town, and most of the gnomes were gathered about it, to keep the chill of the autumn night off. The gnomes carried the group to a straw hut, guarded heavily, and laid them down. A couple gnomes ran off to the head shaman's tent and the shaman came out. Using his cane to help the aged gnome, with a graying beard, across to the tent where the group was held captive, the shaman made good time. When the two gnomes opened the tent flap, it revealed nothing.

Avatara and the now-revived group were running through the forest. With a simple illusion he remembered Desert Fox mumbling from some time ago, Avatara had managed to slip off, then later teleported the group at a convenient time. To his luck, the guards didn't notice the brief white-golden flash that came from within the tent as the group was teleported a safe distance away. The gnomes overcome, the group continued to the red dragon cavern.

They didn't find much, except that the cavern had been abandoned for a few days, and there were no signs of any dragons planning on returning. Avatara couldn't shake off the feeling that the twelve mages were actually red dragons, but that would mean they weren't actually dead yet. They searched the dragon cave, but didn't find much on the dark dry walls. A few white bones were scattered about the passageway and a fading stench could be smelled. Near the back, the group came across something out of place, something odd.

They had found an add contraption of ancient design. As DF and Lindor studied it, Avatara debated whether or not he should use the contraption, for Avatara had recognized it instantly.

Two metal bars spiraled in a vertical black dome to the apex of the dome, where the bars twisted in such a way that they crossed and bent back, forming a circle at the top. In the circle, an ancient metal wheel sat, not rusting, but refusing to move by force. The wheel had pointed metal "teeth" around the edges, and was no larger than a head. Carved perfectly onto the wheel were some ancient runes, but their glow long lost.

After wasting an hour inspecting the odd obstacle, as that was the only thing besides the opening in the cave worth inspecting, the group was finally coming to the conclusion that it was just a pretty decoration when a loud rumbling was heard. Talos, who was on guard near the entrance, suddenly came running back, screaming something about a dozen red dragons. The group stood in shock, and many raced to come up with a plan.

A loud thump was heard in the distance, and the group knew that one dragon had landed at the opening and was making its way toward them. Rogan suggested hiding, but there wasn't really a place to hide. Desert Fox suggested fighting the dragons, but Kestrel pointed out that they were no match for a red dragon yet, more or less 12 dragons. They continued to come up with other plans out of desperation, and the thumping of heavy footsteps grew louder.

Finally, a dragon's head, in all its gruesomeness, poked around the last corner and spotted the group. With a grunt, and a blast of fire at the opening, it walked fully into the room. Avatara finally stepped up to the device, having made up his mind, and put his right hand on the wheel. The nine runes lit up in succession, each in order counter-clockwise: purple, white, light blue, gray, yellow, dark gray, green, blue, and finally red. When the latter started glowing, the wheel started to turn with a loud metal shriek. A blue aura spread from the base of the wheel, and made its way to the floor of the cavern. The dragon reared back its head, knowing escape was in process, and blew a blast of flame. The group, no choice left, plunged into the swirling blue chaos, as flame enveloped the contraption and reduced it to molten slag...

Kestrel woke with a groan, and rubbed his injured head. He tried to remember what happened, but couldn't quite grasp that memory. He looked around and saw the tavern off in the distance, south, and his friends lying on the ground nearby. Suddenly, it hit him, and he looked back at the tavern. They were in the dragon's cave, Avatara did something odd with the strange device, the dragon attempted to kill them, and- Kestrel suddenly realized Avatara wasn't among them. He stood up slowly.

Looking around again, Kestrel noted that the surroundings near him were different than those he remembered. The tavern also looked odd, even from a distance. In front of he group, to the north, was a massive mountain and smaller, cruller looking peaks stretching east and west as far as the eye could see. On the top of the mountain there was a faint outline of a twisted alter. A place Kestrel didn't feel like he wanted to go. Halfway up the bare rock mountain was a series of caves, massive caves. The creatures that lived there would be about 10 times the size of a man, and something told Kestrel that they were not friendly. Kestrel turned back to the tavern, and for the first time noticed that it wasn't Talos's tavern, but rather a foreign inn. Looking at the woods surrounding it, Kestrel noticed a familiar figure walking from among the trees. Kestrel hurried over.

Avatara looked up when Kestrel came running over.

"Where are we?" Kestrel asked.

"You tell me, I just took you through the portal."

"But to where?"

"Since the portal was blue, that indicates that no time travel or dimensional travel, or even off-planet travel was involved. My guess is that Cythera isn't the only land mass on this world."

"It must be far away from Cythera, people have explored the seas before for quite a distance, and nobody has found any land masses."

"With magic involved, it becomes difficult to tell the distance you're traveled. Come now, its time to wake up the others." Avatara's voice was calm, which started suspicion and wonder going in Kestrel's mind.

"One more thing, what lives in that hole up there?" Kestrel pointed to the odd cavern on the mountain after the group was revived.

"That would be the cave we have to pass through. You remember the note? This one?" Avatara pulls the note from his pocket, and Avatara begins to read the note aloud that started this whole quest:

The one who finds this note shall find a treasure beyond imagination.
But be warned, for this task must be for only one to accomplish.
If this warning hath not be heeded, greed will split the group that seeketh the treasure,
And they shalt pay the ultimate price.

To seek this treasure, take the magical gate to a distant land.
From here, rest at friendly inns may heed benefits to the adventurer.
When refreshed, head to the mountain at the north, but beware
You have two paths before you, but chose wisely:
One is up and over the mountain, to the sacred alter of evil
Unnatural beings dwell there, seeking living flesh.
Immortal eyes peer not only at night,
In eternal hunger.
The other path is just as tretcherous, as the cave empty hath not.
Giant spiders, over 10 times as large as thee,
Dwell in silence, spinning webs of wonder,
Also thy flesh they seek.
Beyond thus lies thy next challenge,
The Icy Caverns and the deadly ice Knarls they behold,
With bear-like features and keenly tuned senses,
Dwell in silence with white dragons,
Massive beasts of ice that only fire can melt,
Ready to sping on thee unaware.
After thus is a valley of mystery,
This ghostly place holds murderous creatures,
None of which now remembered,
Ancient beasts that roamed the world,
Long before civilization of man, elf, or dwarf saw its dawn.
After thus, and a dazzling sight of wonders,
Thy journey will end up the lone remaining peak,
Past caverns of hideous red dragons;
And at the very top,
Thou shalt find a ruined temple,
That contains what thou seekest,
But be warned of black dragons that guard it,
Immortal against all works of mortals,
May be felled only by a blade fashioned from the same forge as them,
One found deep in the labyrinth of hell.
Slay these foul beasts,
Only then, will this prize be found you seek.

Be warned of this, and the other dangers,
That shall befall thee upon this quest.
After safe claiming of thy reward,
Thou shalt be safely returned to your centre.

Be warned brave adventurer,
And forget not these warnings,
Failure to do so is fatal.

-esterath illiath  erethlkl

"I guess this means we'd better get started then." Kestrel said as the group turned toward the mountain...*

(sorry, just had to get the story back on track. The poem was what I made of DF's original descriptions.)

------------------

#115 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2001 - 07:23 PM

"You know, I think we're all kind of tired. And according to the note, there's nothing wrong with it anyways. Why don't we stay at the inn?" Talos suggested.

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font> - - 2B| |!2B - More heartfelt C.

#116 User is offline   Grapper 

• PipPip

Posted 23 January 2001 - 07:45 PM

They all agree and walk over to the bartender(Grapper) and ask for rooms.Grapper asks what they where doing in these parts and Avatara answers"we are looking for..."he tries to think of the right words so he wont let Grapper in on it" ...something...that will be hard to get at."he finishes.Grapper asks if he could come along.Avatara asks"Do you have any knowledge of magic."Grapper answers"Yes, and I am also a worrier.I have an apprentice, Moony, he is also a worrier and he is also skilled as a mage.So, may we join you and your group on your quest?"

------------------

#117 Guest_Lindor_*

Posted 25 January 2001 - 12:23 PM

Lindor takes the others aside.

"It is not that I am suspicious of everyone I don't know, but this man knows nothing about what we are trying to do. Why is he so eager to join? It is defenatly to our advantage to have a guide around here, but it would be prudent to get to know him and his apprentice better before following him blindly."

#118 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2001 - 06:24 PM

"Lindor, right now I see it that he's bored. As Talos pointed out, that note is accurate after a couple hundred years - at least. It must be that adventurers don't travel here often. That would explain his poor clothing, and the state of disrepair in certain areas of the inn..." Avatara whispers.

------------------

#119 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2001 - 02:39 PM

Rogan agreed. "Yes, he is in a very poor condition" he said. Suddenly, Rogan came to think of something and looked around. Then he asked: "Hey, where`s Shaka Tetsu?"
No one remembered seeing him since they left the gnome camp...

------------------
I`m a bomb technician. If you see me running...try to keep up.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#120 Guest_Lindor_*

Posted 31 January 2001 - 06:56 PM

Lindor stares hard at Rogan for a few moments.

"You say that you haven't seen him since the gnome camp?" Lindor asks with a puzzled look on his face. "But his body was too mutilated to be rehealed after we fought the mages, remember?"

Thinking nothing more about it, for the moment, Lindor turns back to the rest of the group. "Hmmm...yes, I guess your probably right, Avatara. This is your quest, though, so you should decide if Grapper will join us. I, myself, would be wary of strange men in stranger places."

#121 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2001 - 09:44 PM

Talos said warily, "The note said that only one should find the treasure. Why should we let a non-Cytherian take all the gold after this work? 'Twould be terrible. I would have to throw my voting pebble away from Grapper."

------------------

#122 User is offline   Grapper 

• PipPip

Posted 12 February 2001 - 09:06 PM

They decide to get rooms and think about it over night.

------------------

#123 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2001 - 08:11 PM

After a refreshing night everyone got up and thanked Grapper. Finally, someone asked if he was allowed to come. Avatara said, "Well, I can't decide. How about we put it to a vote?"

------------------

#124 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2001 - 09:52 PM

"No. Sorry Grapper, but I stand by my reason: it is said only one person can get the treasure, so why should a non-Cytherian perhaps take it all? All this work would be pointless." Talos said.

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.
Bacchus Freeware: Olympus Wars, a plugin for EV:N.

#125 User is offline   Grapper 

• PipPip

Posted 16 February 2001 - 06:47 PM

"Oh, no I didn't mean that I would take the loot I just like adventure and wanted to have some fun."says Grapper mostly speaking to Talos.

------------------

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users