Ambrosia Software Web Board: The tale of the Treasure - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The tale of the Treasure

#51 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 November 2000 - 06:04 AM

Rogan took a sip of the wine Ferazel gave him to celebrate the death of the hell dragon and for obtaining the amulet...

------------------
I have no signature...my dog ate it.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#52 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2000 - 08:14 AM

Rogan may have had a little too much wine, and falls fast asleep in a corner. When he wakes, it is about 10:00 in the morning by his estimates.

"Hmmm, must've slept in," he mutters to himself.

After he says that though, he looks across the small field where his fellow adventurers and the orcs were the night before - nothing. He looked to his right, toward the Orc Village.

"I must've been a fool," he thought. "Slept in past when they went in the village."

He walked toward the village, but found it - empty. There was neither person nor orc to be seen. He looked back across the field, and noticed that there were no traces remaining of the huge bonfire they had lit the night before. He felt his amulet reassuringly, and yes, it was still there.

But no one else was.

(make this difficult; don't make it easily resolvable)

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font>
[url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters.[/url]
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#53 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2000 - 01:20 PM

"Damn thing!" Rogan threw the amulet to the ground. Nothing happened. He put it back on his neck. Nothing. Rogan decided to go into the forest to look for his friends. "Avatara! Kestrel! Lindor! FERAZEL! TALOS! DESERT FOX! Absolutely nothing. "They would never betray me!" Rogan then decided to run back down the path to the closest village. He ran for half an hour, without seeing neither friends or foes. Rogan realized running back was stupid since the nearest city was a five days walk from the orc village. He continued running, though. Ten minutes later, Rogan got a big and unpleasant surprise. Right in front of him was...the orc village! Had he been running in circles? Rogan sat down and looked nervously around. He suddenly came to think of his telepathic abilities. Rogan powered up his mana, and concentrated on telepathically reaching Avatara. Nothing happened. He then concentrated on Ferazel. Nothing happened. He tried directed Nexus. Nothing happened. When Rogan realized the spells had consumed all of his mana, he went inside the orc village, looking for traces. Nothing. It was then Rogan discovered it: The red gem on the amulet was glowing bright red...

------------------

#54 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2000 - 06:08 PM

When he touched it, he felt a soothing warmth, and immense, godly power.

------------------
[url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters.[/url]

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 12-28-2001).]
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#55 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2000 - 07:27 AM

He tried but wasn't able to remove it. He then realized that this wasn't what it appeared to be. It had brought him within the same fate the dragon had endured. His entire world was this vilage and the field. The damn gem was a control beacon from the demons. They had used it to control the dragon and now it was around him. He walked through the field again, but this time a strange feeling came over him. He saw his comrads asleep but instead of guarding them, he charged a spell powerful enough to destroy them...

------------------
Had to alter sig because it was pissing me off
Banana banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie!

#56 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• lift your skinny fists like antennas in germany
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2000 - 09:37 AM

...but he didn't notice that Ferazel wasn't there. "What are you doing?" Ferazel angerily asked, and put a dagger to Rogan's throat.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!
Cythera's 'Team Stories' Rock!
And we're never gonna tour again.

#57 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2000 - 11:39 AM

When Rogan opened his mouth to answer, a large flame bursted out of his mouth and hit Ferazel, knocking him down. Rogan casted a spell on Ferazel, some kind of holding spell. "I`m sorry!" Rogan yelled, smoke coming out of his mouth, "I have no control over my body!" Rogan unsheathed his sword...

------------------

#58 Guest_Lindor_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 November 2000 - 04:00 PM

At Rogan's yell, the rest of the group awoke. Ferazel barely managed to dodge Rogan's first swings as Rogan put him through as series of attacks. Ferazel only wished he could get some free time to reach his sword, or better yet, the amulet on Rogans neck. Luckily for Ferazel, Kestrel was fast enough to cast a holding spell on Rogan, although he knew that it wouldn't hold him long. Ferazel reached out and grabbed the amulet, but when his skin touched it's polished surface, his arm went numb. Kestel shouts out to Ferazel that he can't hold Rogan for much longer, but Ferazel can only watch and shudder as the amulet continued to slowly suck tout his energy.

#59 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2000 - 10:20 PM

With only a little energy left, Ferazel calls Callie to help get the amulet off Rogan. In seconds, a calico cat appeared. *I'm here!* Callie said. "Great! Try to get the amulet off Rogan. I have n..." Ferazel says and faints due to the lack of energy.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

#60 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 November 2000 - 10:48 PM

*Callie was about to leap at Rogan's throat, when suddenly a loud rumbling ceased all the fighting. The ground shook violently, and everyone was thrown to the ground, many taking wounds. Six equally-spaced huge pillars of searing fire rose up around the body of the hell dragon and surrounded it. The body itself was engoulfed completely in a blue pillar. The ground shook more and more with each passing second. Huge trees were being uprooted, and the huts were collapsing like dominoes.

The pillars of fire faded and giant, flat, glowing blue disks shot out and dissipitated into fading golden sparkles when they hit somthing. The disks, emenating from the blue pillar, shot out in all directions at a breakneak speed, and more and more appeared. The ground opened up in a giant fissure, shaped like a gaping maw, and the whole orc army was swallowed into darkness. Finally, with a giant thunderclap, the ground ceased shaking and closed together, and the blue spiked disks stopped appearing. The pillar resolved into a hovering blue form of the hell dragon.*

"Fools, you actually think you defeated me that easily? True, you banished me from the mortal realm in flesh, but now I am able to rejoin my kin...in hell. With the forces of hell behind me and my master, this land shall know nothing but chaos and death." a booming voice from the dragon came out.

"If you are banished, then you can't harm us in the mortal plane." Avatara shouted back a challenge. A howling wind started to rise. The dragon just laughed.

"True, I am banished from the mortal plane, in flesh and blood. My hellish powers can be used without substance. I have already take vengance on the orcs for betraying me, and now I shall use your friend as the focus of the powers of hell. Soon, you too shall know the underworld, and I will make sure my masters give you a nasty death." the dragon faded from view, and Rogan's eyes glowed with a dark blood red.

Rogan lashed out, without warning, and knocked Callie into one of the uprooted trees a hundred yards away. The cat fell to the ground, unconscious, in a puddle of dark blood. Avatara spun as Rogan charged, but Rogan fell to his knees before he could stab his dagger into Avatara's chest. Avatara stood over him, his runeblade Azurewrath drawn, and Rogan clutched at a nasty cut across his stomach that was glowing bright white.

A red mist rose from the ground in a circle around Rogan, and moved to his feet, traveling above ground at a slight angle. Rogan glowed red, and the glowing slash faded. Avatara stared in confusion, his sword had the power to slowly weaken his enemy but the power had subsided. Rogan stood up, and the glow in his eyes was a fierce as ever...*

(Hint: If you defeat Rogan within six hours-not an easy task at all, you won't have to fight the minions of hell)

------------------
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#61 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2000 - 08:05 AM

Talos had watched in terror as his friends passed out. Realizing swords were not likely to do much, he ran to a loose nearby tree and began wacking at it. Soon, it fell and hit its target quite nicely. Though he was far from dead, Rogan was seemingly stuck under a tree...

------------------
[url="http://"http://users.erols.com/alkrauss/Once_Again.html"]Once Again: on the web.[/url]

#62 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2000 - 08:54 AM

Though trapped, Rogan was not without options. He had the Excalibur in an accesable place and he also had his daggers. He fended off many attacks from his now former allies and delivered a few blows himself. He threw his dagger at Lindor and it hit him in his leg. The icy death it was supposed to deliver was blocked by Lindor's apparent immunity to ice. Lindor went down to his knees to pull the dagger out. The blood was pouring out of the wound and was warm. He decided to bandage it and not use it unless it was completely necessary.
Even though their mana was down, DF and Kestral still had energy and their swords. They fought the trapped Rogan as he blocked them with his sword. They used a technique that eventually knocked the sword out of Rogan's hand and doomed the fallen warrior. The two then took turns hitting Rogan with their swords and finishing off the warrior. Before they could though, the amulet let out a stream of blood red light and exploded. It did not kill Rogan but it did release him from the spell. The warriors were about to celebrate but then noticed the face of the dragon in the air again.
"Hahahaha, you think that is wanted, didn't you? Foolish mortals. You wasted your time and now shall feel the wrath of my undead army. Those foolish demons have no idea of the power that they have unleashed" The dragon said as he laughed
The ground shook with more force this time as it split. 20 huge skull dragons appeared. These evil beasts had no mercy whatsoever for an opponent. They would kill anything that got in their way, even a warrior who surrenders and runs. Demons came to the plains to try and control these evil creatures as they appeared but only succeded in making them mad. Even with their strong magics and sword the demons died. They took out 3 of the evil dragons but couldn't last long enough to take on the rest. As the skull dragons finished off the demons, they turned to the weakened group. They smiled their evil feral grins as they charged. Upon instruction, Kestral's eyes turned blood red as well as DF's. They had to use dark magic now...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Desert Fox (edited 11-07-2000).]

#63 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2000 - 09:07 AM

After a while, Ferazel's magic and health returned and he recovered. He woke Callie up and Ferazel used his Lightning Staff to use Lighting Elemental. Callie started casting powerful attacking spells. Ferazel and Callie then started attacking one of the remaining skull dragons.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

#64 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2000 - 09:55 AM

Rogan grabbed his sword and said: "Do not worry. I am an ally again" He then powered up his mana and cast a fireball at the skull dragons. Rogan and Kestrel charged with their swords and killed one of the skull dragons; dark red blood everywhere. Ferazel and Callie unleashed their spells on the demons, killing a lot of them. Rogan started chasing a demon. The demon suddenly turned and knocked Excalibur out of the hands of a surprised Rogan. He quickly drew one of his ice daggers and stabbed the demon in its chest, killing it. After several skull dragons and all the demons were dead, the hell dragon appeared again...

------------------

#65 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2000 - 02:59 PM

This time it appeared weaker for it had taken the rest of its allies lives to come to its place. It was not at full strength so it would be easier to destroy this time.
"Foolish mortal, you do not fathom true power just yet" the Hell Dragon said as it attacked the forgotten gold dragon.
The struggle was brief, the gold dragon put up one hell of a fight but it could not win against such evil. Its dying breath was released with an unfamiliar dragon call. Talos couldn't even put his finger on it. It seemed to be an ancient call. One of the rarest use.
DF has his blade swinging back and forth with a few stabs every few seconds. The Hell Dragon then focused on the group again.
"Hahahaha, the disruption spell just gave me time to regenerate. Foolish wizards with foolish spells."
He then released a fireball which engulfed Ferezel and destroyed all of him but his hat. DF then went insane with anger and attacked with nothing else hung back. Kestral shot a dark spell at the dragon which deflected its attention from the warrior doing it great harm.
"Now to get rid of you" it said as it cast an evil spell of its own. Ghosts appeared all around Kestral and drug him, screaming, to his death.
His attention was back on DF again but for some unseen reason, he couldn't hit the warrior. The dragon first thought it was dark magic until he saw Avatara repeatedly enchanting the warrior with his magic. A cosmic fireball ended this and Avatara's life. When it finally got DF alone in attacking him, he pinned the warrior beneath one of his claws. He proceeded to destroy him when he was interrupting of another dragon. It knocked him over and trapped him within a whitish glow. He turned his attention and then noticed a Platinum dragon, the opposite of him. His weakened state allowed the mighty good dragon to win easily and send him permanently to hell. DF was the only one to witness this monumentous event. When the dragon left, DF gave a revival spell to Avatara so he could bring back the rest of the group.

5 days later the group was all alive. Rogan had been revived from his hat and the rest had gotten healed up as well. They were resting for they weren't at full strength quite yet.
"What did you see DF" Talos asked the fifth day "I got knocked out with Kestral before the victory occured"
"That is my knowledge. I will reveal it on a later date. I need to solve this problem myself first"
The group didn't need a defender that night. No creature dared come within 50 meters of them now. This would help on future occasions.

------------------

#66 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2000 - 03:35 PM

Rogan still had the hell dragons amulet on his neck. Before the gold dragon died, Rogan heard a voice speaking to him in his mind: "The hell dragon will die. I used my last powers on summoning a friend of mine. When the hell dragon dies, the amulet will bring you, and only you, great powers". Rogan reluctantly put the amulet around his neck and discovered that the curse was gone forever.

------------------

#67 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2000 - 04:08 PM

The group, amazed by their own abilities, began back on their journey.

They were now on a flat area in between two mountains. Trees surrounded it on both sides, growing upwards toward the two peaks. However, the area they were on was flat and quite barren...

------------------
[url="http://"http://users.erols.com/alkrauss/Once_Again.html"]Once Again: on the web.[/url]

#68 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2000 - 06:52 PM

Usually a clearing signaled a trap for the group but they were too tired to even worry about that. They set camp and immediately fell asleep. The darkness provided a nice cloak for the creatures of the night that stirred around this area. They surrounded the camp and thought of a vicious attack while the adventurers were asleep. The evil leader was honorable, though, and waked the sleeping adventurers to a slightly fair fight. When the adventurers woke up, they saw hundreds of Trolls. This would be a problem in any circumstance but the fact that they were tired and weakened from lack of decent food made the fight much more deadly than a normal one. Avatara was so weak that he couldn't revive a life anymore meaning that, for now, everybody would have to do their best to live.

As the fight dragged on to the second hour, DF dropped. He did not recieve a fatal blow, instead he was just dead tired. Each of the adventurers had taken much damage and dealt a lot more but they had only gone through half of the enemy forces. Soon after, Ferezel fell, then Rogan, and then Avatara. Talos and Lindor remained upright but were also on the verge of collapsing. Then, another miracle occured.

The Platinum Dragon had not gone far from the adventurers. He had decided to lead them to a place of true evil. The place which had brought the damned Hell Dragon up from its resting place. His race of dragon had fought to almost the bitter end to kill the thing. Only him and his family survived. They hid away in a lost cave upon a lost island, becoming stronger should the evil get stronger within the world. Dremni, this particular dragon, had fought against the first Hell Dragon. He had survived the hunt for dragons and had matured to be one of the strongest. He needed to help them out on this battle, and he needed to help quickly.

The group was dead tired as Talos and Lindor finally fell. Despite the magic items within the group and the strength of the group, they could not take this attack. They felt a tingling magic run across them for a second which revitalized every part of their being. They looked around to see each other glowing a bright silverish hue. They decided they had been spared by some unknown power. They then continued on in the battle, fighting fiercer then ever. Rogan had his set of knives in hand and threw each of the ten. The Ice Dagger was known but the others were not. Each one thrown had a different effect on each target it hit. The Ice Dagger froze one of the enemy while another dagger fried another enemy. One dagger hit and the ground beneath the victim split and engulfed him. Another dagger hit its target and the shadows around its victim seemed to take him to a different dimension. Each of the daggers did a different sort of attack. When they all ran out, Rogan drew the Excalibur and started his swing...

Lindor was having fun now. His axe was cutting away at any enemy that came within reach. Their pitiful attacks were being deflected by the armour and could not hurt him. He then found a particular troll who had obviously studied the art of axe warfare. He dodged Lindor's attacks and missed a few to Lindor, who dodged the Troll's attacks. The weapons would clash against one another and Lindor would swing back to take out a sneaky troll. The fight lasted for 15 min, almost an eternity for a one to one battle. Lindor's axe penetrated the Troll's skin quite easily and killed the foe.
Talos was having a field day of his own. His scimitar was hitting its mark all the time. He slew quite a few of his enemy. He had gone from the north end of the battlefield to the south in his fighting. Upon reaching the edge, he turned back and fought some more.
DF was having trouble fighting. It was not the fact that he couldn't fight, it was his problem with the ethics behind killing an entire brood of trolls. Sure they were evil and all and they attacked the group but that was no reason to engage in genocide. He fought on knowing that it was a kill or be killed world and he better get swinging.
Avatara join Kestral and Ferezel in spell casting. He enhanced the power of the two's attacks, making them twice as powerful as they would be. They destroyed half of the enemies this way.

By the end, the group was tired but was relieved. They had defeated a numerically superior enemy which should have killed them all. It left them to wonder what had saved them...

------------------

#69 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2000 - 07:55 PM

*The tired group sat down to rest and sleep fell upon them, but nobody seemed to notice Avatara had somehow been engaged in a mental battle with a great evil, and he appeared to be losing fast...*

------------------

"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#70 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2000 - 07:26 AM

The evil hadn't revealed itself to the others and they hadn't noticed what was going on. It seemed that Avatara was going to have to fight this one alone...

------------------

#71 Guest_Lindor_*

Posted 08 November 2000 - 11:59 AM

"Ha! From now on, I'm sticking with my longswords, no more fighting with axes." Lindor wispered out loud as he slipped off into sleep.

All was quiet in their camp, as everyone slept contentedly and without fear. All except Avatara. His eyelid, though heavy, continued to flicker as he fought his inner battel.

#72 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2000 - 05:09 PM

When the next day dawned, the group found itself surprisingly well rested. It didn't take them long to realize that Avatara had disappeared. Not long after, they noticed Talos was gone too...

------------------

#73 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2000 - 06:31 PM

*...and they were gone with no trace, except a puddle of dark red blood. The group tried to find them with magic, but to no avail. Something was terribly wrong...*

------------------

#74 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2000 - 11:16 AM

Rogan looked around. "Where could they be?". He took a sip of his wine and got a loaf of bread out of his sack. "Anyone want to eat something before we start searching? I`m starving".

------------------

#75 Guest_Lindor_*

Posted 09 November 2000 - 03:23 PM

*Lindor slaps Rogan on the back of the head*

"What are you thinking? We need to find Talos and Avatara right now." Lindor yelled.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users