Ambrosia Software Web Board: The tale of the Treasure - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The tale of the Treasure

#76 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 November 2000 - 04:22 PM

Rogan put the bread back in his sack and said: "Sorry...how selfish of me". Rogan took a nutrient potion out of his sack, drank it and threw the glass bottle away. When the bottle hit the nearby bushes, an orc leaped up and drew a sword...

------------------
I have no signature...my dog ate it.

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 12-28-2001).]
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#77 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2000 - 05:20 PM

"Darkness... Where could I be?" Talos wondered.

He had no clue what had happened. The most recent thing he could remember was going to sleep in a sac on the floor. Now he had a terrible pain in his head, burning in his throat, and aching in his legs. Even though there was complete darkness, he could sense himself moving...

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font>
[url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters.[/url]
[url="http://"http://users.erols.com/alkrauss/Once_Again.html"]Once Again: on the web.[/url]
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#78 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2000 - 07:13 AM

A prisoner in his own body, Talos had not even been given the luxury of sight. He knew he was moving by the ache in some of his leg muscles and the wind in his face howling. He realized that he was being brought back toward the group, assuming that whatever had taken him had taken him forward instead of back. His worries continued until...

------------------
Had to alter sig because it was pissing me off
Banana banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie!

#79 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2000 - 08:26 AM

...he heard Rogans voice: "Damn orc! That`s the second time one of these things bites me!" Rogan had killed the orc hiding in the bushes. Ferazel pointed at Talos and said: "There he is!"."Nice" Talos thought, "they found me". Suddenly, Talos drew his sword and charged at Ferazel. "What the hell am I doing?!" he thought.

------------------
I have no signature...my dog ate it.

#80 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2000 - 08:47 AM

Whomever was in control of Talos's body made it apparent that he wasn't really skilled at fighting with soemone else. His attacks were wide and easy to block. Even the element of surprize was lost on Rogan as he drew a dagger to block the attacks. Despite this, the attacks still came, forcing Rogan to block with all his will. Rogan then reached up and sliced the top of Talos's hand. The wound suddenly became ice cold as Talos collapsed, the evil spell broken.
"What happened" DF asked as he ran to Rogan
"Talos is back. Put up a pretty good fight considering someone was in control of him. Lets get him up to talk" Rogan said as he smacked Talos
Talos then stirred where he was. The last few seconds was a blur. He had been forcably fighting his friend when the dagger sliced open his hand and whatever had possesed him had left, leaving him unconscience. His awakening came with a pain across the face and then he saw Rogan, smiling broadly
"Have a good nap?" Rogan asked as he started to chuckel
"Shut up. They got Avatara, I can feel it." Talos said
"Do you know where?" DF asked with a bit of worry in his voice
"Furthur up along the trail. I have been blind for a bit, apparently they didn't want me to know where I was." Talos answered as Rogan gave him some bread
"Let's go find him then" Rogan said as he took a sip of wine
Lindor came out of nowhere and slapped Rogan on his head again
"Damnit, stop doing that" Rogan said, slightly mad about getting hit
"Stop taking breaks" Lindor retailiated before he saw Talos "Where were you, Talos?"
"Taken somewhere." Talos answered
"Good thing Avatara helped me make these potions, it appears that we may need them for a while" DF said
"What are we waiting around for then, let's get Ferezel and Kestral and get going" Lindor said as he ran into the woods.
Soon after, the entire group(minus Avatara of course) set out to find Avatara...

------------------

#81 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2000 - 04:02 PM

The group followed Talos up the trail. His coming back was useful, as he could remember which way to go for most of the forks in the road. Unfortuneately, he didn't know them all. After having walked for about six hours, the group began to tire. There was still no sign of Avatara, and it looked like they'd have to take a break for the night...

------------------
[url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters.[/url]
[url="http://"http://users.erols.com/alkrauss/Once_Again.html"]Once Again: on the web.[/url]
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#82 User is offline   theKestrel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2000 - 07:53 PM

"We should make camp...Avatara is likely to be filled with a nasty surprise like Talos, and we won't be able to fight if we are too tired."

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans. - Douglass Adams

[This message has been edited by theKestrel (edited 11-14-2000).]
Growth through the Cross.

#83 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 November 2000 - 08:31 PM

*Avatara sat in the darkness, using this break to its full extent. He had been fighting against an evil trying to posess him, and so far had managed to hold it off, but Avatara was weakening, and would soon lose.

He had to admire his capturers, having everything plotted out so well. Using Talos as a distraction, and sending his comrades in a completely different direction was ingenious, and sadly bought his capturers plenty of time to assimilate Avatara. Obviously they knew Talos would fall against the team, but one of the more powerful members, specifically the leader, would be invaluable to them.

Avatara groaned as he clutched his head. The evil presence was back, Avatara's short rest was over. He went back to fighting.*

------------------
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#84 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2000 - 08:49 AM

During the resting break granted to him, Avatara summoned all the spare energy he had to get a message to his friends. He found a mind that would accept it, DF's, and entered it. He stored the location and his condition in DF's mind hoping to bring his friends over to free him.

Deep in the night, DF was having dreams, none of them good. Something told him that it was off. It showed him a beat up ragged Avatara and an area. DF woke up startled. he realized what happened and before even he knew it, he set off to find Avatara.

The next morning the group found that DF was gone. It bugged them.
"Where could he have gone?" Rogan asked the others as he took a sip of wine
"I don't know but if you don't stop drinking and assist in finding him, Im gonna hit you good" Lindor said with an evil glint
As if mocking Lindor, Rogan took a sip. He then stopped Lindor's charge with magic and propped himself up
"We won't be any use to Avatara if we don't eat or drink. If we wear ourselves down finding him, how are we gonna save him?" Rogan asked as he kept Lindor in the spell
After a while of thnking, Lindor calmed down. He agreed to have a bite to eat and then resume the hunt. After he started on his first piece of bread, Kestral ran up to them.
"We found a marker left by DF. It goes back the way we came. Apparently he went back for something" Kestral said as he tried to regain his breath
"Dumbass coward. Let's chase him down." Lindor said with anger on his voice
"Calm down you. He has probably figured out something and left last night to find it. Let's follow and see what this brings with it" Rogan said
With that, they packed up and went hunting down DF.

DF hoped they would see his trail of markers. He carved his initials into wood to create the marker and set it into the ground to make it easy to see. If it were only that easy to find Avatara. He doubled his efforts to find his friend and pressed on...

------------------

#85 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2000 - 12:34 PM

After a few minutes of walking, they found a marker left by DF. "Look!" Lindor yelled, "over here! DF`s initials!" They walked further along the path, and soon they found another marker. Rogan turned around and said: "I heard a noise. Someone is following us".

------------------
"Anyone can just go in there and kill someone, but you don`t get information from a corpse"
--SEAL motto

#86 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2000 - 08:42 AM

"and that someone is coming closer" Lindor said and looked back. Nothing. Not a single sound. Rogan drew his sword. Suddenly, another sound was heard and Ferazel detected movement in the bushes nearby...Rogan turned around and walked towards the bushes. "Stay here" he said. Suddenly, a figure jumped out of the bushes and tried to stab Rogan with a dagger. Ferazel casted a holding spell on him and the spell nailed him to a nearby tree. When everyone had calmed down, Rogan recognized the man as the one in the blue cloak he had saved from hellhounds right before he met the others...

------------------
"Anyone can just go in there and kill someone, but you don`t get information from a corpse"
--SEAL motto

#87 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2000 - 02:48 PM

"Please, listen to me. The leader of our town told us that there was a treasure out in these forests somewhere. The bastard! He led us into a trap. Now few of us are left, killed by some person of incredable power. Don't kill me, just show me the way out of these woods!" The man was shaking visably by now.

Ferezel released his spell, and the man slumped to the ground. Rogan walked over and help him up, saying

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 12-28-2001).]
"I don't need a plan, just a goal. The rest will follow on its own"
     - Magic: the Gathering, "Temper"

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#88 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2000 - 03:22 PM

"you`re welcome". "Oh, I`m sorry I did not have the time to thank you" the man answered, "but I can help you out now. I understand you are looking for a friend?" "Well, two in fact" Lindor said, "they go by the names of Avatara and Desert Fox". The man paused to think, and after a few seconds he said: "I think I know how to find your friends. But we must find them fast. I am looking for this treasure...I assume you have the same goals as me?" Kestrel agreed: "Yes, we are looking for the treasure but it has been some problems..." The man looked back at the path as he answered: "Someone has been following me. I think this person wants the treasure real bad; I think he is the one who sent those hellhounds to kill me in the first place". Rogan gave the man some wine and helped him up. "What is your name, then?" he said. "My name is Shaka Tetsu" he said, "you may kall me Shaka".

------------------
--SEAL motto

#89 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2000 - 09:03 AM

As the introductions went round, DF got closer and closer to his target. His mind was being reached out to from the demons but he couldn't be swayed, he had a task he was determined to finish. Then another image hit him:
Swamp, danger, life all around, walls of vine, enemies unseen, unbelievable power underneath
At this point DF yelled out and fell to the ground. The mind which spoke to him was being attacked again and was sending the pain out. It was almost unbearable. DF slumber over and banged his head trying to get the voices out.

Avatara sure hoped his message was recieved because this would be the last time he could send one. The creatures holding him had finally caught on to the messages being relayed and struck him while he was sending one. That meant that they could reach into his mind if he sent another one. He was dying and would continue to die if not brought out of here. The enemy had given him very few brakes and he was determined to die before submitting to them. He just had a little time left before that would happen.

The group, hearing the shout from a distance, decided to hurry up and get to DF before death would occur. They bolted through the woods until they came unto a point where DF left his initials and an arrow pointing them to where he was headed. Kestral sensed that they were close to Avatara and told the group. They ran in the direction of the arrow until they were attacked by a group of...

------------------

#90 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2000 - 05:14 AM

...demons. And demons are not roaming the forest areas so often, making the situation very odd.

------------------
--SEAL motto

#91 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2000 - 09:10 AM

The deamons came on in droves. Knowing that they had succesfully surprised this group, they didn't relent in their attacks. Rogan began wipping out his daggers as fast as he could, Talos and Lindor spun off into the packs flailing away as they went, and Kestrel began launching deadly spells down into the deamons midst.

------------------
The One And Only:
~Theo Nean Donly~

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 12-12-2000).]
"I don't need a plan, just a goal. The rest will follow on its own"
     - Magic: the Gathering, "Temper"

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#92 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2000 - 10:23 AM

Shaka Tetsu ran past Kestrel as he shouted: "There is little time to lose! We have to find your friends! NOW!"

------------------
"God must love crazy people...he created so many of them"

#93 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2000 - 11:32 AM

DF finally reached the castle. After racing down the halls, making sure to hit the corners with his sword as markers, he found an underground lair. After traversing several meters, he found Avatara. He was apparently the captive of a couple nasty red dragons. DF decided that this would be the perfect time for the spell he had been trying for a while. With some energy, he threw a spell skyward. It blasted open and formed a huge disk. The other warriors soon fell through the disk, unharmed.
"This is it. This is where we have been led this entire time. Let's prepare for this fight" DF said as he unsheathed his sword again...

------------------

#94 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2000 - 03:56 PM

The warriors were surprised about suddenly being transported into a room, but seeing DF, a large number of dragons, and Avatara there made them understand pretty quickly. Everyone unsheathed their weapons. They decided to focus on the largest of the dragons, who appeared to be the leader of the group. While they dodged fireballs, they got close to the large dragon. But it was to no avail. The thick dragon hide couldn't be pierced by any of their weapons.

------------------
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url], [url="http://"http://users.erols.com/alkrauss/Once_Again.html"]Once Again: on the web.[/url]

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 12-12-2000).]

#95 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 December 2000 - 07:12 PM

*Suddenly, the air about them shimmered and the illusions of the dragons and Avatara faded away. The group looked around and saw they were in a massive square chamber with no openings except a very tiny hole at the top in the center. The walls became domed about 40 feet off of the ground and rose to the hole which was about another 20 feet. The sharply angled walls of the dome were glistening in the tiny rays of the sun, and it appeared they were covered in some type of grease as to make it impossible to climb on.

A loud screech of metal caused the group to turn, where they noticed a pair of opposite walls containing many massive spikes jutting out, dripping poison. Another loud screech of metal, and a grinding sound were heard and the walls slowly started closing the 200 foot wide chamber. Desert Fox attempted to use magic to levatate himself, and succeeded until he rose 5 feet off the ground. Suddenly, Desert Fox was knocked to the ground, gasping for breath and probably suffuring from a few broken ribs.

With a blur of movement, Rogan was knocked from the center of the room against an unspiked wall, a loud snap of a spine echoing back as Rogan grunted and slumped to the ground. Lindor tore at the mysterious attacker, and managed to slash a gash in it's blue cape. A very famillier blue cape Talos thought as he tried to remember where he had seen the cape before. Lindor was thrown off the attacker, and recieved a nasty blow to his face with a fist, which knocked him unconscious.

TheKestrel powered up magic, and blasted it at the attacker with all his might. The attacker stumbled forward a few steps, then whirled around, eyes glowing red. Talos suddenly remembered seeing Avatara wear that cape to the very first festival of Throkën Hiem, that year was hosted by Slayer, and sure enough the face of their attacker was that of Avatara. With a quick movement of his hands, nasty ice spikes pelted down from all around as massive bolts of lightning criss-crossed across Kestrel's body which was smoking now. Kestrel slumped down, presumably dead.

Avatara whirled again, and turned to face Talos. With another gesture of his hands, searing blue flame was sent at Talos. With an instictive reflex, Talos raised his sword in front of him, and the flames deflected off harmlessly, leaving Talos with slightly scorched hands. Avatara jumped and flung out his ancient blade, which was met by Talos in a fierce parry. Talos looked deep into Avatara's eyes, and saw burning hate embedded in them. With all his strength, Talos parried Avatara's sword aside and cut back in a nasty backhanded stroke. Avatara's garments, around his left wrist, were slashed but not even a scratch was left upon him. Talos swung again, putting all of his weight into the swing, and managed to cause Avatara to step back a bit. As Avatara stumbled, Talos noticed the whole party had been wiped out in a matter of seconds, with the exception of Talos and Lindor, who was badly injured and unconscious. Talos sighed and swong again, sparks flying everywhere. The screech of metal grew even louder, and Talos was running out of time...*

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#96 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2000 - 06:48 AM

Talos knew he wouldn't be able to defeat his opponent before they were all crushed by the spikes. Thinking fast, he pulled back and cast a crude awakening spell on Lindor. To his surprise, it worked. Lindor got up, groggy, but quickly realized where he was. He pulled out his sword and charged at the assailant, surprising him.

------------------
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url], [url="http://"http://users.erols.com/alkrauss/Once_Again.html"]Once Again: on the web.[/url]

#97 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2000 - 07:22 AM

In an almost instantaneous flash of speed, Lindor was attacking Avatara. Avatara, who was taken completely by surprize, could only manage a few feeble attempts at stopping the attacks. As the sword sliced through his guard, Avatara became stunned for a few seconds. He shook a few times and dropped to the ground. An unnerving sense of evil pervaded the cave when it appeared that Avatara's shadow jumped away from him. The shadow then solidified into a master demon. This was what had been playing tricks with them since they started the adventure. The many demons sent after the group were sent by him. Now it was a final showdown and only two were left to face it. As Lindor and Talos faced off against this evil being, the other adventurers stumbled to their feet. Avatara had apparently been able to cast a spell before he hit the ground but by the way the group looked, it appeared he couldn't heal them as well. DF was the first to stand and immediatly clutched his chest. He let out a roar of pain but he stood fast and prepared the Iceblade. The other warriors, overcoming wounds and poison to get up, did the same and prepared for what could be their final battle. Talos and Lindor immediately knew that they would need to fight better than ever before so their allies could at least survive this fight. The tension between the demon and the warriors grew until Talos let out a war cry and charged...

------------------

#98 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2000 - 06:03 PM

To Talos's sudden surprise, twelve bolts of lightning shot from the demon to twelve points around the room. The demon howled and evaporated, and twelve human, brown-clothed wizards appeared where the lightning had struck.

(good enough explanation Posted Image)

------------------

#99 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2000 - 02:46 PM

With little attention to the injured combatants, the wizards attacked. Talos's great speed and Lindor's shield protected them from all attacks. DF decided to make a move at this point. He charged the closest of the wizards. He strunck the wizard by surprise and killed him. He mad an attempt an another but during his charge...

------------------

#100 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2000 - 04:22 PM

...a large red bolt of lightning hit him in the back, knocking him down on the floor. One of the remaining eleven characters approached him and said: "You cannot win. It is impossible." Rogan drew his sword and charged at the wizard from behind, but another one raised his hand and suddenly, Rogan was thrown backwards and into the wall...

------------------
"God must love crazy people...he created so many of them"

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users