Ambrosia Software Web Board: The tale of the Treasure - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The tale of the Treasure

#151 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2001 - 01:44 PM

With his sword, Lindor sliced the door in two and left it burning on the ground. The Flamesword was working perfectly despite a while of disuse. The small fort was bigger on the inside than the outside walls gave it credit. What was not expected was a group of mongrol dogs in the area. The dogs were apparently guardian dogs which had laid waste to the place. The previous keeper of the dogs was now several small piles of bloodstained bones. The gory scene was almost enough to make Talos puke and the smell only enhanced that idea. The reason it was not done was the the dogs decided to try for another meal that day. There were 20 in all. The furious mess almost took the group off guard as DF and Talos were bit even before they drew their weapons. Lindor was lucky he had a full set of armor because the dogs seemed to bite him more than the others. With a spell, 7 of the small beasts were set on fire and yelped louder than ever. They were the lucky ones. DF and Talos, already mad at the damn things, charged the main contingent of the animals and slashed through. It was almost pathetic. The dogs couldn't even defend themselves before being sliced into two halves. Lindor used his sword and stabbed the dogs that went after him. The distincly different styles left an interesting, if not gory scene in the end. The group continued on down the hall, Talos taking front and Lindor behind, checking every room for any bit of content they could find. Most of them were barren. Some were obviously torture rooms by the positioning of the decaying muscles and bones. The nauseating sights made anybody want to hurl but they didn't because there was no time for it. A few interesting rings were found, none that could be used for any realistic purpose. They found a Ring of Pain which would hurt the wearer as much as they hurt others, a torture ring which tightened every time the muscle relaxed, a Dark Ring which shattered a person's mind if worn. Though useless for himself, Rogan collected every one. They then entered a room in which a single wizard sat
"I have been expecting you, Talos" the wizard started.
Talos looked incrediously at the aging man.
"Oh, don't be surprized. I know you far greater than you should know. I must do something that I have been anticipating for years and then you will see why I know you" the wizard said as he stood up.
"....." the wizard opened his eyes and cast a spell on Talos. The energy was being sapped from his body to create a shield which protected the wizard from the others.
"Get it out, get it out, get it out, get it out" DF screamed as he fell to the ground
Lindor, seeing Talos writhe in agony and DF fall to the ground, could not bear to see more. He swung his mighty sword against the shield but it held fast. Then electric bolts shot up at Lindor and shot him back at the wall behind him. As Lindor crupled to the floor, Talos found energy that wasn't being stolen and lunged at his enemy.
The sword pierced through the energy shield. Though the wizard was controlling it, it was Talos's energy and he had final say on what it did.
"Now you see .. how I know you...I have anticipated this moment...used my mentality...and found you are the one...you have just..given..away..you.r..fri..end.."
The wizard slumped over as the group tried to figure it out. Then DF went mad.
"Noooo, it can't be." DF screamed as he clutched his head "His presence..I felt it... I feel it. He is sending the location to his master."
DF got up and ran, headfirst, into the brick wall. He passed out and fell to the floor
"What a moron." Lindor said "What the hell did he mean by location?"
"Let's ask him" Rogan said as he cast a spell
The freezing blast was felt across the room where Lindor was starting to stand up. DF also woke with a start and jumped from his spot
"Avatara is not here. But he is in danger. He used Talos to access my power and found Avatara. Damn. We gotta hurry here. We must find it. It is all we need to combat him. We need the object and to give it to him to be able to go back" DF said
As they filed out of the room, they walked into another trap. Goblins, a horde of them, had surrounded the group's location.
"Whoever this guy is, he just doesn't like us" Rogan said as everyone readied themselves for combat again.

------------------
Visit Game [url="http://"http://pub29.ezboard.com/f20frm3"]3[/url] or Game [url="http://"http://pub29.ezboard.com/f20frm7"]5[/url] of Jive's [url="http://"http://pages.about.com/Jive320/---20---.html"]---20---[/url] game
Banana banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie!

#152 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2001 - 11:01 AM

They finally figured out why all these strange enemies appeared here. This was a dark barracks. The goblins lived and trained here. Not quite enough though. Lindor's sword flashed through enemies with ease, setting them ablaze as well as killing them. Talos was making mincemeat out of the ones he faces. His sword flashed with a speed only possible by a master swordsman like himself. The many enemies that were facing him were being slashed befoer they even realized that they were up. Rogan stabbed the occasional goblin that reached him but focused more on elemental spells as he cast a fireball, turned around and cast a acidic spray. The acidic spray was a spell learned from one of his scrolls. It was an earthly-air spell which the air around the target became acidic and did severe damage. This spell melted armour, killed enemies, made their weapons useless, and scared the hell out of the ones surrounding them. It had a side effect though a really small one. The warriors dare not tread on that ground for a while in fear of spreading the effects to themselves. After 15 minutes of hack and slash the real reason behind the goblins attacking became apparent. There were 8 mages behind them controlling their every action. Rogan was the first to notice this and set out to destroy them from afar. He summoned lightning and combined it with fire. The resulting spell would zap the enemy, hopefully paralyzing them, and set them ablaze. The spell was a strong one too. Rogan made sure to put enough energy forth so that one or two of them blocking would not even phase it. Imagine his surprize when the blast imploded under a powerful defensive spell.
By this time, Lindor was getting tired of killing goblins. The kept coming so he started using his sword as a staff and focusing his spells in the tip. Dark energy poured from the tip every time he slashed his blade. Most times it would leave a dark trail of energy that would stop when it slashed into a person, greatly improving Lindor's range. If a goblin was unfortuanant enough to get hit, the dark energy would seep into his body, causing either the body to explode or to shrivel up into an impossibly small flesh ball. Both results were ghastly but they were what Lindor decided to do. Every once in a while he would cast a larger spell that would trap a group of goblins inside of it and shrink until the pressure collapsed each of their bodies into one another. Witnessing this made almost everyone there want to vomit. Such horrific sights had not been seen by anybody. Anybody, that is, except for DF. His experience unlocking his power in the other realm was not pretty. He had little control over it. It seeped into each of the members of the barracks and killed several. The swordsman who took him in collapsed into almost nothing before exploding. The mess would have been a pain to clean if there was one. The hellish power then destroyed the building and set the town around it ablaze. The power DF had was too much for any of the guards to handle and they each fell, despite DF trying to control it. He was the only one to walk away. Nobody ever knew but him. The sights were enough to overtake his mind then but since he was able to block them out. Now the sights were here but the mental fortitude was as well.
Luckily Talos didn't see most of the carnage done by Lindor. The spells only took place in a different area but that was so far out of Talos's concern tat it only caused a little nausea. It in no way slowed him down though. His sword flashed through enemy after enemy. Only pausing to slice through a blade that was coming at Talos or to block a spell from a mage in the back. This can't be thought Talos Too many. Way too many. Can't keep this pace forever.
Spell after spell blocked by the mages. Rogan's power wasn't working. Of course, there was the factor to take in. More and more discord along the goblins. More hesitation meaning less cuts to his allies. His attacks were breaking the spell on the goblins. They were fighting only because they were being told to fight. Another spell and another left his hands. He would do all he could to help his allies.
Can't take it anymoreDF thought, his mind panicing Can't let this continue
DF stopped his slash and freeze approach and was almost swarmed by the enemy. Then the enemies around him dropped dead. DF had a dark aura around him. With a spell of his own, he broke the spell the wizards had on the goblins. Rogan had weakened the link but DF cut it off at the Goblins instead of trying for the wizards. Then he set another spell which dropped all the goblins to a deep sleep. All of a sudden it was a face off between the wizards and the group
"Who dares challenge us?" one of them called to the group "We are 8 of the 9 that oversee this realm" the one in the center said as the wizards got closer to one another
"Imposters. Must have been trying to replace the old council." DF sneered back at them "You did a fine job. Plunged this world into darkness, purged the good from the land, stole all the treasures from its people. Overseers my as$. You are nothing"
"You little bastard. How dare you say such things to us. There is no way you can beat us so why do you still stand up?"
"No way in hell you are getting out alive. This world is dead under you." Rogan called out from the back
"Twits, all of you. Begone" the wizard shouted as the wizard group cast a spell
Lindor and DF cast a shield which Rogan greatly strengthened. The shield held for a bit but soon buckled under the power of the spell. Talos jumped out of the way as DF took the full force of the blast. It was only a second but it blasted DF into the wall behind them, 10 feet back. Talos quickly jumped forward, sword extended hoping to stab through one of the wizards. Before the sword could even nick the wizard, they all cast a spell which sent Talos flying back. Rogan quickly cast a spell which caught Talos and spared him an angonizing fatal fall.
"They are too powerful. We must retreat" Rogan called out as he backed away with Talos and Lindor.
"Go on. I will hold them off for a time. Find Avatara. He is the only one who can stop them" DF said as he limped forward
"What?" Rogan cried out, exasperated
"No, don't talk, just go. Let me borrow something though" DF asked as he flipped a blade out of Rogan's dagger belt
"Try to return this one. I liked the ice dagger you lost" Rogan said
"Heh, I will try" Df said as he watched the others leave.
"Fool, you will die" The head wizard said as they charged another spell
"Not without one of you" Df said as he let the blade fly
The blade was the dagger of virtue. Dark spells cannot hold it back. It struck down one of the wizards but the spell was then cast.

Outside, Avatara saw the wall crumble on the second floor and a person ejected by a dark energy wave...

------------------
Visit Game [url="http://"http://pub29.ezboard.com/f20frm3"]3[/url] or Game [url="http://"http://pub29.ezboard.com/f20frm7"]5[/url] of Jive's [url="http://"http://pages.about.com/Jive320/---20---.html"]---20---[/url] game

[This message has been edited by Desert Fox (edited 04-23-2001).]

#153 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 April 2001 - 06:08 PM

Avatara was watching the path ahead, as it curved right through the woods and headed underground. A blue glow was emenating from ahead. The ice caverns Avatara thought. He rounded the corner to see what lay ahead...

The path went under the mountain in front into a round cave with walls spread open in an expanse about the size of a small building. The light gray walls, ceiling, and floor had tiny intricate patters of slightly darker gray weaving among the lighter making extraordinary designs. No design was repeated, or even mimiced, twice. Big, blue crystals protruded from the wall and floor, ranging from the size of the little finger on a child to the size of a full grown adult. These were scattered seemingly randomly, but in a pattern of their own, and left a path through the center. The ceiling was covered in a layer of dark indigo crystals, that seemed to shine with their own light, the cause of the dark blue glow. The dying rays of sunlight reflected off the crystals in the cave, causing beautiful sparkling colors to greet the visitor. The whole sight was breathtaking.

Avatara was disturbed from his thoughts by a minor explosion somewhere behind him and to his left. Glancing back, he could see black voids, and a wall tumbling away. Somebody was using magic of the underworld, not a good sign. Avatara shrugged, and turned back to the spectacular sight of the crystals. They seemed to be drawing him in, promising him beauty if he would just stay there for the rest of his life. It was a tempting offer. Avatara stepped closer, the sight only seemed to grow more beautiful, more entrapping, more...tempting...

Avatara finally gave in, as the conflict in his mind was lost. He walked closer, and touched one of the crystals. It felt smooth, and had a nice cool feeling. It seemed to twinkle in delight. Avatara frowned and turned away, something wasn't right. But this was a place of beauty. Something in the back of his mind was yelling at him about danger, but he was ignoring it. He reached out again to the big crystal in front of him. It seemed to glow when he touched it, blocking out all sights, and relaxing his memory.

This was paradise...

Suddenly, Avatara snatched back his hand. Something was wrong, something was terribly wrong. In an instant realized that a spell had been cast, to entrap others. The light gray on the walls themselves were sparkling because they were the crystalized bones of others who had been here. In the split second after he jerked his hand back, he understood what was wrong, and set up defenses to block it. The crystal in front of him cracked, revealing a dark wicked claw protruding from where Avatara had just removed his hand. A furry white arm yanked its hand out, and swong it toward Avatara. A face resembling a bear on a white hairy body snarled. Avatara ducked under the claw and drew his sword, a ring of steel echoing around the caverns announcing its arrival.

The arm came for him again, followed by viscious teeth and the other wickedly clawed arm. Avatara backed away from the first, than lunged with his sword. The steel smoothly slit into a puncture in the beast's fur around its heart, and the fur turning red around the spot announced a hit. Surprisingly, the beast didn't seem to notice, and flung its full weight on Avatara, knocking him to the ground. The hilt of the sword, still in the beast, crashed into Avatara, knocking the wind out of him. Avatara shifted his right arm and a dagger shot from the sleeve, slashing a nasty cut on the beast's shoulder. The creature seemed oblivious to pain. It snarled and twisted, driving the hilt further into Avatara with pain. He gasped for breath, but it was impossible to breathe with the creature on him. A sudden panic arose in Avatara, but he fought to keep it down. Instead of giving into the pain, he tried to find the quiet center of his being. The beast raised a claw, and slashed it across Avatara's left arm, making a deep gash that revealed the bone. Avatara ignored the searing pain, and tried to concentrate.

In the calm center, Avatara had all the time he needed. Time in the world around was of no matter. Avatara focused on his power, his inner being, and let it swirl around him, comforting him. With newfound resolve, Avatara bit back the pain and gripped the beast's arms with his hands. The beast snarled and growled in Avatara's face as it struggled to free itself. Avatara almost hurled, but tried to concentrate. The beast wanted to kill him, that wouldn't happen. Avatara unleashed the fury bottling up inside him, a screaming beast rolled back, its arms now a molten puddle that stank of burning flesh. Avatara glared at the howling creature, and let go of an inferno inside him. The walls themselves seemed to melt in the intense heat, and many crystals were turned into a big puddle around the trail. Other crystals shattered, flowing chips of rock and stone everywhere. The beast lay in a puddle of blood, ash, and liquid flesh, internal organs charred and lying in the blackened spot on the floor.

Avatara lost control of himself, and let his lunch free at the gruesome sight. When it was over, he gripped his left arm, and focused, attempting to heal it enough to get out of there. Now in contact with his power, Avatara sensed something was terribly amiss. He guessed it had to do with the cave and these beasts that inhabited it, so he gathered his untouched sword from the remains of the beast and continued on through the cave. The crystals changed to icecles and the blue glow became lighter. Appearantly, no creature dared to challenge Avatara after that, as he continued into the depths of the ice cavern.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#154 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2001 - 12:12 PM

DF landed far from the fortress. His body was quite badly burnt, bruised and cut. The landing did not make it too easy either. The branches tore his clothing, which slightly fused to his skin due to the energy used on him. Still, he was alive and could move and that is what mattered. Now he was on his own, again. Alone...lost...in a place where he had few freinds. Heh, guess life is a giant circle DF thought as he picked himself up and started out his hunt for the others.

Rogan, Talos, and Lindor were not quite out of the woods yet. They reached the entrance to the fort as an amazing blast was heard above them. It was extremely loud which meant some powerful energy had just been released.
"Cut open the door already, I don't feel like getting in the way of whatever the hell that was" Rogan growled at Lindor
"Wait, what about DF? We are just going to leave him?" Lindor growled back.
It was all Talos could do to keep Lindor from charging back up the stairs.
"DF is either out of his by his own way or the blast disintigrated him. We need to get out. That is all that matters now" Talos said, trying to sooth Lindor's temper
"It still stinks. Having to leave him." Lindor said as he reluctantly pulled out his sword
"Always does and always will. I will hit the top hinge with a spell. Talos, you hit the bottom. Lindor, your sword should easily slice through the door itself" Rogan said, taking command.
At that moment, two of the mages appeared and tried to stop them. It was too late. The door was in pieces and the 3 easily escaped into the night.

Upstairs, in the now wall less room, 4 wizards stood
"4 is dead. The dagger cannot be touched. 3 tried to and he is right now paralyzed"
"Did 5 and 7 get the infidels?"
"No, they escaped before they could be caught."
"Damn. What is that dagger? It cannot hold such power and exist at the same time without being a godly weapon"
"A dagger of virtue. Our powers are compromised and even turned back when faced by it. 4 is gone and we cannot retrieve his body. That is what happened here"
"What about the other one? He is dead, right?"
"No, his energy is still strong. I think that is the one our leader has been looking for for this long time"
"Grey robe, dark power, resistance to our spell. Seems to be like what we are looking for"
"You tell him, I am going to write it down. We must never forget the present in case it were to repeat itself"
"Right"

------------------

#155 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2001 - 06:26 AM

As they continued on through the forest in the night, Talos stumbled upon an entrance to a cave. On is not quite the proper word, more like he fell into the cave. Seeing as Talos was already down there, Rogan and Lindor decided to follow that path, they might just find what they had been looking for all this time.
A half hour later it was decided that they were on the right trail. Each was freezing his @ss off from the cold in the cave and each were half blind and grumpy trying to go through.
"Whose smart idea was it to go down here?" Rogan asked for about the 15th time
"I believe it was you" Talos finally said, getting fed up with Rogan's complaining
"I don't know about you guys but I am cold as heck down here" Lindor said and with that, he drew the Flamesword.
The effect it had was to be expected from fire, it gave off some slight heat and shone a little light in the cave. Since it was a sword, though, it wasn't all too powerful.
"You sick of the dark Rogan? Why not light this here stake so we can see and maybe not freeze" Talos said in a slightly mocking tone
"You had some wood this entire time and you didn't alert me?" Rogan said, his anger steadily rising as he approached Talos
"You didn't ask. I just remembered I had it anyways" Talos fired back, getting annoyed by Rogan
They heard laughter but couldn't place it.
"Why do I hear laughing?" Talos asked with obvious concern
"Maybe somebody is, oh I don't know, laughing?" Rogan mocked and chuckled afterwards
Lindor and Talos looked at him flatly
"Just light the damn thing so we can get on" Talos said, starting to get angry
"Yes, mother. Geez, can't even take a simple joke" Rogan complained as he summoned the fire god to grant him the flame spell. The fire shot from his hands and into the stake. It was obvious that the stake was meant to be lit by how the flame stayed at the top, away from Talos's hand.
After lighting the stake, they wish they hadn't. A huge ice beast had also seen the light and came lumbering after them
"What the hell is that thing?" Lindor asked as he positioned his sword between him and the beast
"Ugly" came Talos's responce
"And quite stupid" Rogan added with a chuckle
Despite its immense size, the beast was quick on its feet. It jumped all around them making them work hard to actually hit him. When they did, it reared back and knocked the warrior that did make the hit him to the wall far beyond the group.
Lindor was the first to experience this pain as he was sent flying right after the start of the battle. His sword left his hands halfway through but luckily the armour took the brunt of the blow. It still hurt. He got up and noticed that the beast was on fire. heh, stupid bastard Lindor thought as he got up and found his sword.
Rogan found out quickly that ice spells had no effect whatsoever on the beast. The fire on its fur soon went out after two attempts. He thought of using a fire spell but instead decided to hit it with lightning. The lightning left his hands and jumped into the beast, shocking it and dropping it to the ground. Rogan charged up another shot but he never got it ready. The beast quickly leapt up and smacked Rogan across the room.
Talos had the fire and the visibility. He also had one of his swords drawn. With his enhanced visibility and his sword, and the beast being distracted by Rogan, Talos plunged the blade deep into the beast's skin. The wail was loud enough to wake the dead. It knocked Talos off his back and Talos dropped the fire, opting instead to save the sword.
With that, the beast grabbed the stick and ran off.
"Damn thing" Rogan said as he got up and rubbed his back
"I guess it is back to normal" Lindor added as he used the light from his sword to gather the rest of them.
"Got any more sticks so we can attract even more ugly monsters?" Rogan asked with a sly grin.
"Shut up" came Talos's responce.

------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile way and you have their shoes.

[This message has been edited by Desert Fox (edited 04-23-2001).]

#156 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2001 - 11:11 AM

Avatara had heard bickering within the group and even a few minor skirmishes here and there but this was one to top it off. It was always so funny when the others got on each other's nerves. DF even got irritated but he was far less suseptible than these clowns. He was in a different part of the cave when one fell in. Must be Talos thought Avatara That line of curses is his own personal trademark. How they stumbled on the trail so near me is a puzzle though..
Soon after the other two So it was DF that was knocked out of the tower. Heh, stubborn fool quite a lot of the time Avatara thought as he suppressed a laugh.
His extreme mental power gave him more insight on the conversation on the other part of the cave. The mentality was enough so that he heard the entire conversation. Rogan and Talos. Get those two in a room for several hours with absolutly nothing and they will find something, or lack of, to fight over. Avatara thought and could not contain the laugh that he was holding inside. The conversation shifted. Worries were pouring from a couple. Can't tell which two. Damn, my cover is blown Avatara cursed himself for letting out that sign of amusement. It was his one weakness. He found the arguments of normal men and women to be some of the funniest things around and laughter can be the most powerful tool, either to the joketeller or the victim.
Moods shifted as he heard them try to get a light going. Avatara was lucky. He had an inner light which he released to show him a path. This way he could see and the wall prevented the others from discovering him. When the light was finally set, though, the mood shifted from jubilation to abject terror. A beast appeared when it sensed the light they had. A minor skirmish in which they were tossed to the walls repeatedly or is it just once for each? and the battle was over. The slight cry of pain from the beast or whatever it might be let Avatara know that they were alright but again in the dark. They soon after continued without the light that they had. Avatara had no worries about meeting this creature only becasue he could destroy it if needed.
It had been 12 hours since Avatara first noticed the others shifting through the cave. They had stopped for they found a warm spot in the cave and decided to camp out. They would take 4 hour shifts so that they could be alerted in case an enemy was to come during sleep.

------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 12-28-2001).]

#157 User is offline   Grapper 

• PipPip

Posted 29 April 2001 - 08:34 AM

(Am I still by that bush?I sort of forgot were I was.)

------------------

#158 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• lift your skinny fists like antennas in germany
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2001 - 01:11 PM

While Talos was on guard duty, he sees a mysterious migure come closer...closer, until Talos attacked it. "Hey! What's the big deal!" the figure says. It lights a torch, and Talos sees the heavy cloak of Ferazel. "Oops, " Talos says. "Sorry, something else came up, and I had to go back to LKH." Ferazel says. Then, Ferazel takes out his belongings, puts out his torch, and goes to sleep with the others.

------------------
Quote ViaVoice, "Hal Cohen help build Satam sand scratch a flat surface scratches that some scratch that scratches that scratch facts scratcher wraked this scratched tax costs tax this. " Is this ViaVoiceian?

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 04-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ferazel_09 (edited 04-30-2001).]
And we're never gonna tour again.

#159 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2001 - 06:27 AM

Um, Avatara is not with the group, he is nearby watching.

------------------
Before criticize someone you, walk a mile in their shoes you should.
That way, criticize them when you, a mile way you are and have their shoes you do.

#160 Guest_Comarus Maximus_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 April 2001 - 11:25 PM

Meanwhile, fifteen leagues away, two opposing armies sat oppositte of the grand valley, staring at each other like the mountains with their grim rocky expressions. The valley seemed split in half, each side mimicking the army that sat battleready and silent.

To the south, the armies of undead stood. Horrific abominations of the likes the land had never seen before, their rotting and stinking corpses held together by the forces of only the most devout necromancy the world had seen in shock. Their touch of death had withered the land and poisined the rivers, which ran red with their fluids as they sat beneath the water of town and villages, rendering it undrinkable. Row upon row of the plunder of the deepest crypts to the robbed loot of the grave waited, grasping their worn axes and sharpened spears in withered fingers.

To the north, a single legion of but the bravest souls. The only men in history to have faced the darkness of the undead that had now befouled the island of Cythera. The Last Legion of Tarant. They grimaced. Shattered men from a shattered nation, a once glorious and grand empire that had been leveled by that same army of undead.

And now they were set to level Cythera. No. The Legion was not to allow the fragile land of Cythera to fall, they did not want it's people to experience the horrific deaths the dwellers of Tarant had, only to be reanimated to forcefully join the armies of the undead.

The General stood stalawart in the front of the battle line, holding his war pole like a weapon. The blue and gold flags of the legion wandered lazily accross the cool, slow marsh air.

There was a hobbile shriek from the droves of the undead, a kind of shriek that would curl your hair and turn your blood into cheese.

And the two armies were upon each other.

#161 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2001 - 12:08 PM

Powerful battle cries eminating from an unknown source.
Inhuman powers fighting noble beings.
Cytheran battle cries.
Undead army.
Major war.
Other realm.
Desert Fox awoke with a start. The pounding memory that he thought only as a dream was indeed real. Cythera was in great danger and it had been because of what this group did. The opened gate was left as that for the opening had not been found by the group. The undead powers were that of the evil one now. DF found himself in despair. He didn't want to leave this land but he couldn't let the land of Cythera suffer for his mistake. His biggest obstacle was his physical shape. Despite the dark powers unleashed upon him, he survived. His sword was as strong as ever but that is where the good things end. His robe was charred at most places and fused with his skin at others. His skil was burnt and hair was gone or just dead. His entire body felt broken, despite the few bones that were actually broke. He was about to give up when he finally realized where he was.
The foresthis mind wandered this forest...soemthing familiar. Power nearby.....calling me....resistance is no goo....my power...calling me... must go
he stumbled in the direction that his mind made. He followed loyaly though it was a twisted path. When he finally had enough, the forest parted way and revealed a clearing. Their stood a small stone building with the seal of shadow on it
The temple..is here? DF marveled as he found his temple It can help me....I need its help
The power was noticable only to him. When he walked inside, he found the seal again. Running his fingers along it, he chanted an ancient phrase and then sat upon the seal. The energy released by it healed up his body and restored his original robe. The gray robes were never his favorite. They were too loose. Made him a little too slow for his liking. This one fit fine. With the new power he was able to detect an netherworld link that led to the other realm.
This won't defeat the ones that are already up but it should help those down there that are protecting their homes DF though as he summoned the ancient power of the temple. The building had been made with magic in mind. It as more of an enhacement to the person who carried the power of the seal inside and made their power 10 times greater than they had alone. The only problem was it couldn't be moved or the power taken elsewhere. It could be wielded in order to break something far off but that was what it was needed for. DF found, in his mind, the troublemakers. The pretenders that passed themselves as the new council. One by one he extinguished their minds, killed each of them. Though they were more powerful together than him alone, he wasn't alone now. The seal carried the powers of all theat had held it before. He also caught them off guard. As the last one fell, DF used his power to seal up the break in dimensions, that way the undead couldn't go there anymore. After this, he conserved the power he had left so that he could completely restore himself. This battle was nto over yet.

------------------
That way, criticize them when you, a mile way you are and have their shoes you do.

#162 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2001 - 08:46 PM

*Avatara froze in mid-thought. He had been observing Talos and Rogan for days now as they struggled through the cave. Everytime they almost got themselves into terrible danger, Avatara would leave hints and clues in the cave that they should turn and head a different direction through the labyrinth of tunnels. That wasn't necessary anymore, they were a couple turns away from the exit, and the warm humid air would be a relief compared to the chill coolness of the cave.

But, Avatara had realized something else. This place was not on the same world as Cythera, they were in another place, another dimension. The scroll telling him the directions to the treasure was a magical scroll, unlike the Cytherian ones. The only reason Avatara could still sense Cytherian magic, such as that which resides in Land King Hall - allowing spells like the Directed Nexus to work, was because the dimensional void had been opened and dimensions had bled onto each other.

Avatara was in another place, but where? The magic seemed vaguely famillier here, as did the currents of life, but they somehow were different than what he had sensed before. He figured he was in a place between places, a world in between worlds, a dimension in between dimensions. That would explain the strong sense of magic here, and why the scroll so accurately reflected the trials on seeking the treasure. If that was so, then the treasure would have to be something more precious than simple jewels and gold. That would be why it said even the best of friends would fight to have the treasure all to themselves.

If this was indeed in between dimensions, then paths to other places would be opened...like his homeworld. Worse than that though, the gateway to the barren evil world of Den'har was opened. Those creatures there used dark magic and enslaved others under opposition so horrible that words couldn't begin to describe it. The helpless Cytherians would be easily overtaken, not being strong enough to fight back, nor having enough knowledge. And those with the power to protect themselves and others, like Slayer (though he didn't know it yet), were too few to protect everybody, and would eventually be overwhelmed and destoryed.

Somehow the gateway would have to be closed, Desert Fox would probably see to that. Avatara could sense DF had already set the magic required to close the dimensional void in motion, though there were other spells to finish the job...spells DF couldn't cast on his own without help. Avatara also needed others to help, that was where Talos, Lindor, and Rogan came in.

Avatara resolved something in his mind, they had wasted too much time and now had to get moving. He hoped Talos and company would have learned what they needed to know. Whether they knew it or not, Avatara had been slipping in tiny bits of information in their dreams in which they would discover during the day that they had found they could summon more powerful (and mana-consuming) spells, and their basic spells had a much stronger event each day than the last. After a while, Avatara had stopped, and let them grow their power on their own. They had discovered spells and magics even Avatara hadn't known before, he hoped it was enough for the final test.

Avatara waited just outside of the ice cave, waiting for Talos, Lindor, and Rogan to find him...and the way to close the void completely.*

------------------
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#163 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2001 - 12:09 PM

At that time Rogan, Talos, and Lindor found themselves another major trouble to get into. Two powerful dragons-evolved from their dragon state-had happened to find one another. These venerable dragons were indeed powerful, so much so that not even Avatara would dare face one of them. Fortunately, they were not hungry for the adventurers. They seemed to want to take a bite out of one another instead. The massive blue one with multiple heads was identified as a Hydra. This was an extremely rare species of dragon that had not inhabited the Cythera realm for some time. It was said that the last one caused great destruction and terrible famine for many years when a blue dragon evolved from its form. It took a group of 10 dedicated dragoons to take it down. Dragoons were powerful on their own but that dragon posed as something more of a immediate danger than anything else. This one was only interested in the Quetzcoatyl that faced it down. In its dragon form it could cause lightning with its breath but in this form it made its own form of lightning which could paralyze a group of people every time it hit. Legends spoke of this kind of dragon and it caused such grief that any thunder dragon that became powerful was immediately killed so that it couldn't attain this form. They faced off, staring deeply into one another's eyes. The group was not in alarming danger except to be stepped on or hit with a missed attack. They backed off and watched what was about to happed. The Hydra started off the battle blasting the Quetzcoatyl with a chilling blast which could have taken the life of any of our group. The Quetzcoatyl seemed angered but far from defeated, it dodged another blast by leaping into the air and released a powerful lightning spell. The wing of the hydra took the brunt of that blast and then they both disappeared.
"What the hell?" Talos asked, obviously disappointed about missing the rest
"I have no clue" Lindor answered with an equally mournful tone.

Meanwhile, Avatara knew what this meant. The dragons had been sucked through the gate. IT was being closed-if only temperary but the dragons were now in Cythera. Trouble won't start for some time, they would more likely hide, but eventually they would get more of their kind to grow and evolve and then there would be trouble
Another problem for another day Avatara thought as he led the others on against their mind's own thoughts

------------------

#164 User is offline   Slug 

• Ravenous
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2001 - 09:43 PM

Villages burned and the forests withered, lush grassland slowly decaying into dark stinking bogs as the skies, growing blacker and more sinister forebodingly, seemed to snap shut as if they had utterly given up on the island of Cythera, now infected with something dark and evil.

Yet hope still sprung as the Comarus Legion gathered itself, tending it's wounded and burning it's dead. The battle of the withered valley had lasted nearly three days before the undead army had vanished towards the mainland, leaving the legion battered and tired. Weapons had been bent and worn blunt, armor had been hacked to pieces, horses had been killed and what meager supplies the Legion had managed to gather before pursuing the dark army into Cythera had been all but spent.

Comarus stood before his men, shaken as they were, but determined to save the beautiful and naïve island from those such horrors.

"I know of our current situation. We have no weapons, no food, no horses, yet we are morally compelled to save this emerald land. We have tredged all the way from our homeland, chased by the dark, with nowhere further to retreat to but the oceans.

"Our first priority is to secure us shelter and perspective of this strange land. I have sent thirty groups of five men to search for locals sympathetic to our cause. They shall report back at dusk and the legion is to proceed to whatever accomodation region we are able to find.

"Secondly, the army of darkness has been fairing extremely well, as I sense this is a land of magic. Locals may be alarmed as they are accustomed to seeing travellers and wizards, not ranks of five-thousand legionaires.

"Lastly, should we fail in our quest to save Cythera, not one of us will be returning."

------------------
Time is the best teacher, yet it kills all of it's students.
[image removed]

#165 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2001 - 01:58 PM

Having walked in darkness for several days, light was a plus for Talos, Rogan, and Lindor. They had been subconsciously led there but it didn't matter at all to them. The warmth and light of the outside invited them. As they walked outside, they quickly discovered a problem
"So freakishly bright" Lindor said as he covered his eyes and dropped to the ground
"Yea, it is pretty bad but I have to say the heat is worse" Talos said as he tried pulling off his chestplate with one hand
"These clothes at least let out the heat but that doesn't mean I can see any better" Rogan announced as he appeared
They didn't know that they had somehow passed the test. Not many creatures could even pass that barrier. Their power and confidence, which had significantly grown over the last few days, was enough to let them into the area.

Avatara sensed that something was wrong. They had made it to the next area but there was something there that he couldn't detect before. He couldn't decide what to do but eventually his heart led him...

A cave wall not too far from the group exploded. The wall collapsed in upon itself and a human male stepped forward through it. This was not lost on Broleth. His other guests had entered unexpectantly and had nearly gone blind but this new one destroyed one of his walls. Something may have to be done.

Avatara had fortunately brought several torches and used a bright magic to be able to see in the caves. This light was slightly more intense but he could still see. What he saw slightly disheartened him. He allies were on the groud trying to find some shade so they could see. They also appeared to be a little hot. Between his friends and him, though, stood a gigantic dragon. Avatara was pulling out his sword when a voice in his mind spoke up.
"I am not your enemy" came the voice in a slightly gruff fashion
"What??! Who is this? How are you in my head?"
"Many questions for a meeting. I am the Divine Dragon Baham. My evil brother is the netherdragon Tiam. I have here a safe domain. The other dragons escaped here but you will get them back. Not now but in the future"
"Why should I? Divine Dragon? I heard of you before. Destroyed a few villiges so they banded together and sent dragoons after you. Ate them all you did. The original 9 trapped you in the light realm"
"Trapped is the wrong word. Kept is better. I stayed there on my own will. I am back because an evil leader is taking over"
"You sensed that. Can my friends go? We need to stop them leader and gain the worldy treasure we had been questing for for some time now"
"Trinkets mean nothing. Friendships are everything. Lucky for you that you mentioned you friends and your mission first. Payment is to be recieved last. I will turn out the brightness"
"huh?"
All of a sudden the area appeared less bright and his allies stood up to meet Avatara.
"Where did you come from?" asked Rogan as he approached him
"Was near you on a different route in the caves"
"I knew it. You were playing pranks on us weren't you?"
"No, just straight business. I helped you along"
"I figured that" Talos called out as he grabbed his chestplate
"Time to continue our adventure" Avatara announced as he saw another cave opening

------------------
And I took the path less traveled by and now where the hell am I?

#166 User is offline   Slug 

• Ravenous
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2001 - 12:11 PM

Odemia burned. The dead lay everywhere as a massive collumn of undead dragged through tirelessly, ninety wide and a hundred deep. They marched. Marched for the now-vastly fortified Land King Hall....

------------------
Time is the best teacher, yet it kills all of it's students.

[image removed]

#167 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2001 - 11:10 AM

Avatara noticed that the group seemed a little ragged from their journeys. The caves behind them were freezing and were quite dark but somehow the Divine Dragon had kep this tunnel warm and light. A little too light. At least I can see thought Rogan as he trudged through the cave only bad part is along with smelling them I also have to see them. The only problem that the group had had so far was that none of them was clean. Supplies vital to the mission were kept while the unnecessary items, along with that soap, were tossed. Avatara decided to at least make them feel good despite their appearance and healed them all up at once. His greatest power was the ability to do so and he was not about to let that go for war powers just yet. Then, a flood of memories came to him as they were walking, causing him to stop. They were memories of things taught to him by others and things that he remembered himself saying once.
Death waits at the top of cavern hill.
Run, must run, no time to stop...right behind me...must shut door...must speed up...no time....to stop....must...ru.n
Greatest power found in Holy (or divine) Dragon. Contains both good and evil spells.
Almost at gate...closing in on me...little bit furthur...keeps getting closer...almost there...
The original 9 sealed the Holy Dragon in a realm of pure light where he would never feel compelled to destroy us again
Too close...ill never make it...slowing down...huh?...building gap...will make it...oh no....s..e....a....l.....ca..n.n.o...t.....b..e.......m..a...d.....e...
Avatara suddenly stepped back as he recalled the first memory. This hilltop, he should have remembered. The ice cavern was protection for the hill. That is why he had no trouble going through it while the others were having a hell of a time trying to move forward. This leads to the Gate! The dimensional Gate! Avatara thought. The gate was always a friendly place, with all the foreign travellers, and many used to be invited but eventually, before the restructuring of everything, evil pervaded everything and it needed to be sealed off from creatures who thought to do evil to helpless mortals. Must have all kind of new traps. I must be careful if I and my compatriots are to survive Avatara thought as he finally stood straight up and started walking again.
The sudden action took the others by surprize. They saw Avatara stop suddenly, step back suddenly so they knew they should have expected it to occur like this.
"Hey Avatara, what was that all about?" Lindor finally asked as the others rushed to catch up with him and Avatara
"Just keep yourself focused up there. The defenses were meant to keep anybody out." Avatara said as he continued on DF I hope you are still there, otherwise the dark power around the castle might be too much for even this tough group to break.

Talos followed knowing that something was out of place. Everything seemed wrong but all the others seemed not to notice or to care. The walls, the ceiling, the reality of this place seemed...different then when they started.
"Avatara, watch out" cried out Talos when he noticed a bright spell being unleashed towards him
Avatara and Rogan ducked instinctively while Lindor faced the attack and deflected it with his shield into the wall. Immediately the area shifted back into phase. The walls became darker though the cave remained its brightness. The air seemed a little heavier which meant that they were thinning the air until now.
Out from in front of them, there appeared a figure.
"Infidels. You dare tread on this ground and think you will live. Guess again" the figure said.
He seemed to be a cross between a paladin and a mage. This meant that his power was strong and his sword power might be completely mastered as well. He charged them and let loose a spell which Avatara countered with one of his own. The explosion rocked the cave but did not divert this agile warrior. He let out a vicious slash which Lindor struggled to parry until Talos stepped up and knocked the warrior back. He charged up another spell and sharged the group again...

------------------
And I took the path less traveled by and now where the hell am I?

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 05-14-2001).]

#168 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2001 - 08:00 PM

*Avatara whipped out his sword, deflecting the blast into the left wall and blowing out a chunk of rock. The ring of steel echoed around the cave, as the acoustics were very good. The warrior tried shooting a ball of intense heat and flame, Avatara simply absorbed it. The strange creature prepared to cast another spell, but theKestrel (oh yeah, he's in the story still Posted Image) had used the distraction to sneak up behind the thing, and put a knife to its throat. Lindor backed up Kestrel with a spell designed to hold the target in place.

Avatara walked up and clubbed the creature across the face.*

"Who are you??" He demanded. The creature only coughed and gurgled. "Who are you?!? Who sent you?"

"Gno...Gnobulatus." The creature utters a single word before it breathes its last. Avatara looks unusually worried. He ponders for a minute, then looks at the group.

"I have a job for all of you. If you fail, well...lets hope it doesn't come to that. Cythera is in great danger." The group gasped at this. "Yes, at the moment its not too bad and can be put aside. However, there is a greater danger. Not only Cythera is at risk, but all places are.
"The dimensional gate has been opened. Flung fully open, so anybody can pass through. Some years ago I told you a story about a place of great evil, and how in the old days they used to try to conquer other lands and enslave them to their will. Their ways are too gruesome and horrible to recount here, and their cruelty is unmatched out in the world. The absolute leader of these...beasts...goes by the name 'Emperor Gnobulatus.' It is said that the Emperor is like the Keeper of the dead himself, only worse...
"For 80 years now, the council of nine has kept the gate closed, and the dragons here have watched over it, preventing it from being used. Nothing has been able to get through, save immortals, which usually have no business with mortals. Nothing, not even Gnobulatus's army, until now.
"A small scouting party of 60,000 men has stumbled across Cythera. Fortunately, the survivors of the Camanus Legions have found Cythera also, and they are strong enough to hold off these legions of darkness. But, there are too few of them, so the gate needs to be closed soon. This is where you come in.
"I can see on your faces that you are surprised, that is to be expected. You will not be closing the gate itself, but rather destorying a valuable and limitless energy source for the gate. I need you to finish this quest without me. I have pressing matters that need to be attended to...quickly.
"Cross the Forgotten Valley you are about to enter. The sights are spectacular, and luring, but ignore them for now. There is an enchantment there that can trap and enthrall even the strongest of warriors that don't know what to expect. You may see some of them, wandering for eternity...unsavable.
"The dragon here will lead you across, trust him. You must trust him to get across safely. The dragon will lead you to the foot of a massive mountain. At the top of the mountain is what you seek, also guarded by the most hellish creatures you've seen, and hopefully all you will ever see. Once inside the outer treasure room, look among the gold and the jems, search for a big light blue crystal. Make sure it is light blue, and not dark blue, a slight error in color can mean death, and would ruin everything. I can't describe the shape, its probably changed since I left, but it should be near the door to the inner room. Once you have the crystal, take my sword, and shatter it.
"One more thing, do not enter the inner room. Without me you will die."

"So, we just have to destroy a crystal?" Talos asked.

"Basically, I don't have the time to explain all that's involved. You think you can do that? Its much harder than I've made it sound. The crystal will attempt to seduce you into accepting its power, that would be a mistake on your part to give in."

"Well then, I think we can do it." Rogan replied.

"Here then, take my sword. Its the only blade currently accessable to you with the ability to shatter the crystal." Avatara said. He drew his sword, testing its weight for a final time, then handed the hilt to Talos. "Goodbye now, I hope we can see each other again. I may not return, one never knows..."

*Avatara turned and stepped into a blue portal, before he vanished. The group stared for long moments at the spot, then they turned to follow the dragon, stepping past the dead minion of Gnobulatus.*

------------------

#169 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2001 - 11:28 AM

The dragon seemed grumpy, which usually for a dragon meant burning down buildings. Since it could let its sour mood out with a voice, it did so. The long minutes and hours were counting by extremely slow, so much that each of the group would gladly accept death to this. No, it wasn't the divine dragon. The gate had been held by the most holy of holy dragons. This one survived the onslaught and was able to help by acquiring a voice from a fallen warrior. The grousome tale of the dragon tearing out the evil trooper's throat almost made theKestral vomit while Talos was glad he hadn't eaten for a while. When finally the dragon became silent, the reasoning was well known. The valley lie ahead of them.

DF was still there, watching the main group, not following Avatara-he could handle himself. His power had been regenerated and he was now in complete communication with his master and the masters before that. He remembered the old guy, always cranky-no matter what. Taught him how to control the rudimentary skills that he possesed at the time. How was he to know that my power would become many many times greater than that? This apparently held the person's essence from the period that they most enjoyed. The old cranky man was now in his midlife. Still older than DF by about 20 years but at least this time he had a sharp wit and a better attitude. He met Aishya, Slagadamion, Gregitalivar, Reluimosha, and Freyadalimar. These names were only a legend to others but they were his mentors, his brothers, his sisters, his best friends. His everything. He learned from them his original name, Drafalivar. He was the greatX3 grandson of Gregitalivar who was considered to be the strongest in his time. He would be remembered as such even though he went by a different name now. They consuled him and gave him the power held deep within the crest. It replenished him and his staying replenished it. He had the power to revive a fallen friend here-something he could not do on the battlefield.
DF decided to watch over the group and for the fifth time in the past hour, he went into a deep trance and was able to observe his far off friends. They seemed to be with a holy dragon at the gate of...
It can't be! The gate of destiny before the Forgotten Valley and Gnobulatus's Castle. The dark power eminating feels just like...him! DF thought as his mind went into a panic
Stay calm, Drafalivar. The gate is where they are at now. The dragon or them can't seem to break it came Rologin, his master's thoughts You could be a great help to them all from here you know
Can the gate really be broken from here? My powers are strong but Im not quite sure if they can reach that far DF thought as the panic subsided into doubt
A mental lashing came from Gregitalivar
Your friends need your help. They will surely die if you don't back them up completely. Avatara knew you were here so he left them for his mission. Do your job and your friends will come back safe came Gregitalivar's scorning voice
Yes, I will do it. My energy, its getting stronger. Can release it but..I can do better DF's thoughts and attitude turned to sheer confidence
Suddenly DF's spirit left with DF's full energy.

"The goddamned wall won't break. We have tried every weapon, even Avatara's sword" Lindor called out in disappointment
"We have tried every spell, combination spell, and legendary spell we could muster" Rogan said leaning against the cave entrance
"Hell, even theKestral tried going nuts and combining magic with sword strikes with no avail" Talos said with a low chuckle
"Hey, I think I made a dent in it" theKestral stated defiently
Though each was tired from their attempts they could not help but laugh.
"It will not come down. Avatara should have forseen this. Why didn't he come to help us with this part?" Yrigidonii the dragon asked
To that nobody had an answer.
Suddenly a figure appeared. It was transparent and had one of those robes on. It cautiously approached the gate.
"It won't come down, we've tried" Rogan called out to this stranger
"It will for me my friend" came the figure's voice
"DF..i..it can't be!" Talos yelled out in surprize
"Im okay, took a bad spill. Enough chitchat. I have a duty to perform and you have yours" DF answered as he got closer to the gate
He then pulled out his Iceblade but it was different. The ice had seemed like it was taken off. The blade was an impossibly dark shade. The darkness seemed to absorb all light that touched it. It also had a strange symbol on it. One that even the group couldn't make out. DF took a mighty swing at the gate and the sword flashed to life as it hit the unbreakable wall. The swing didn't go unopposed, the sword slowed its speed but it did continue on down the wall, the blade flashing darkness all around and making an impossible scene out of it. DF then sliced in the opposite direction with equal results. Then a horizontal line about 2 feet about his head.
There was now a hole in the gate.
"My power has broken the seal on this area. You may enter but be warned, there are many obstacles here that could kill you. I will watch you all and help in the ways I can do only here. Just go after the enemies now and worry about death later. Goodybye..for now" DF said with a wave as he started to disappear again.
As soon as DF left, the group seemed re-energized. They stepped cautiously into the Forgotten Valley to continue their quest.

Did I do good?DF asked his masters
We are not permitted to judge your decisions now. You are a master yourself, you knowcame Aishya's voice
I know. The gift wasn't too much, was it DF asked them
No, it wasn't. They used up too much energy on that task.. Freyadalimar answered before being cut off
Which by all means was impossible Gregitalivar interjected, half out of the need to annoy Freyadalimar
Yes, that is true. Now they can go in fully powered to take on the godly tasks they have been asked to perform Freyadalimar answered, knowng her answer would annoy Gregitalivar because she showed no disdain for him
And the godly task that is being asked of you too. You are to protect them from things they cannot avoid and cannot survive. That is a lot to ask of too Rologin's thoughts made it clear what he was thinking
Yes, well..., I am up to the task DF said as he watched as his friends cautiously entered the gate.

------------------
7 months this story has gone on and it is still fresh and unrepetitive. Congrats everyone.

[This message has been edited by Desert Fox (edited 05-15-2001).]

#170 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2001 - 06:19 PM

*Avatara ran through the forest. Due to the limitaions of his power, and the spell that had been cast on the gate, Avatara could only teleport within half a mile of the gate. Time was running out, and Avatara had work to do before the crystal was destoryed.

Avatara stopped for a moment, finally recognizing the sense of dread he felt. There was an outpost of Gnobulatus's army in this world between worlds. No matter, they shouldn't interfere with Talos's work. Besides, Desert Fox was watching over them for now, though he would leave before they got to the dragon. They had to face the dragon on their own.

Avatara ran between two close trees, slashing through the underbrush with a spare dagger he kept for times of need. Avatara skidded to a stop. He had entered a big grassy clearing, in a bowl shape. Five inch tall green grass spread all about the bowl, that was big enough for a small town to reside in. Dark green trees, vines, and forest fauna surrounded the clearing in an arch shape. A dirt path ran down from the clearing to six gray rounded obelisks equally spaced in a circle. In the middle of the obelisks, a marble platform with 3 stairs rose up to an area that was as large as a wealthy house. In the center stood two metal rods apart enough for 10 men to walk side by side, and as tall as 14 men, twining up to an apex, holding a spinning metal disk, not unlike the one found long ago in the dragon's cave. There was a faint red glow emenating from the disk, and the space inbetween the two rods was glowing red and swirling.

The dimensional gate was indeed open. Though the breach itself was wide enough for armies to enter, the main gate was in between the metal rods that twined to form an arch in impossibly black metal. The top platform glittered with a white crystal-like substance that was in sharp contrast to the void.

Avatara turned, he sensed something was here. As he swung around, he noticed Dethelon striding down the path, heading for Avatara. Dethelon was clad in his light blue armor, armor made by anicent magicians for the original nine. It was obvious Dethelon was not here to talk.*

------------------

#171 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2001 - 11:53 AM

Dethelon Avatara's mind spoke out aloud.

DF detected the voice but was unable to act upon it. Despite his immense power inside the room, his speed was not something anybody would desire. His presence at Avatara's side in spiritual form would be more of a burden to Avatara for he would be too slow to do anything. Avatara was on his own. Not as if he was able to help Avatara anyways. One of the obstacles was now meeting with his friends and he had to get to work on weakening the Dragon's defenses.

"What the hell are these things?" Rogan shouted aloud as his staff hit and fried several of the goblin-like creatures
"Resistant to dark magic" Lindor announced after a failed attempt to paralyze them with an unholy spell
"Weak as hell against our weapons thought" Talos announced as his swords were flashing through the enemy faster then they could keep coming
"Magic works alright" Kestral said as several of the goblinish creatures fried under one of his spells.
The group was being swarmed by over 1,000 weak creatures. These things were only known for having large numbers, not for possesing any strength. They attacked in large groups with very limited weaponry. Usually they just attacked with their limbs. Their attack was overwhelming but was not too easy to beat down.
"Yrigidonii seems to be enjoying himself at least" Lindor said as he took a mighty blow which sliced about 4 more in half
There had to be at least 50 of the enemy swarming that majestic dragon. Punching, kicking, spikeing, not hurting it all that much. The dragon released a feral grin which stopped several of his enemies in front of him in their tracks. Then he started to glow and a bright explosion.
"Geez" Talos said as the brightness subsided "He took out about 200 of the little buggers"
"Well, we still have a good 700 to go" Rogan said sourly as he casted another spell
"When will this end?" asked Kestral as he kept casting spells
After an hour of explosions, slices, fire, ice, acid, darkness, and electric magic, the group finally killed the last of the enemy. Though they were weak, they severely wore down the entire group
"That was too easy. The first obstacle. There will be more. Need rest we do" Yrigidonii said after he ate a few of the enemy to regain some stamina while destroying a good amount of them
"Yes, I will stand ground for a few hours. Rest up everybody" Rogan announced as he sat on a rock and rested his feet
Though it was pitch, Rogan could swear he saw a glimmering figure approaching. He figured it was DF coming to help them out again.

Avatara may have given up his sword but that in no way meant he was undefended. Dethelon must have been counting on that for his attack was brutal if undefended. Avatara saw the horse thrust manuever used before and easily pulled his second sword out. This one gleamed a pale red. It was a glow unlike the flamesword. Avatara had reclaimed his power and his sword, any sword he brandished, would become as this has. It would only work as this in his hands. DF and the other 9 had similar effects on their swords Avatara soon remembered. The swords of the path of life would regenerate the weilder indefinately in a fight meaning that they would be unkillable as long as they had the sword. It also shone an impossibly white glow.
Something isn't right here. Dethelon doesn't seem as he did before
Then Dethelon struck. Avatara's blade easily sliced into Dethelon and knocked him off the horse.
He is either getting rusty or he is waiting for me to make a mistake Avatara grinned as he thought of that In that case I must make no mistakes here
The clashing of blades was heard for miles, though the army nearby didn't seem to notice or didn't seem to care. The energy released was only counterable by the two fighters. After 15 minutes, Avatara used his full power and blasted fiery attacks at his enemy. The flames struck Dethelon and knocked him down.
The armour, it didn't work?Avatara thought, quite puzzled And his sword..it is not the sword of wind Avatara realized what he should have figured a while back, this was not Dethelon.
Avatara set himself up to kill the enemy as he got up and charged but, oddly enough, the sword went right through his body and the enemy still came.
Kamikaze!!Avatara thought, but too late.
The enemy turned into an energy ball which hit Avatara unprotected. It knocked Avatara clear into his realm and into an area which had been overgrown with ivy, weeds, and other signs of life. A small building was overgrown here too. It released random bursts of heat which had more of a soothing feel to Avatara. Stone with a wierd symbol on it. All of a sudden, one of the memories which flashed back at him came again
Your place, your power your sacred spot. Path of fire this shall remain. Energy if needed. Power if desired. Speed destroyed. It was someone else speaking though. A good friend.
Avatara stumbled to his feet. The blast was enough to kill almost anybody. His body was in the wrong position, wrong distance, and wrong stance to take a blow like that. He was lucky to have survived such an obvious ploy. His skin was almost all melted and he was bleeding everywhere.
Several more minutes of this and I will die Avatara knew that his thoughts were true. Though it pained him to do so, he stood and made it to the overgrown temple and put his hand to rest on the door a second and it lifted itself out of the way. A few more steps and he rested on the seal. A deep nirvana awakened inside of him. He was now in his mind and soul as his body was being healed up.
This will take a bit of time but I have it. Must find Dethelon and stop him. Must find others and warn them of my situation. Must get done Avatara thought as is mind went furthur into the seal's depths. Thank goodness his good friend had showed him this sacred place. Since he was dead now, Avatara didn't think he'd object. He went to visit his friends first.

Gaining closer, the figure turned out to not be DF. Avatara!
"Avatara?" Rogan called out as Avatara approached
"Yes, I'm regenerating my body right now. I must make a slight request of you" Avatara asked in complete earnesty.
With that, they went on a short walk and Avatara revealed his plans and asked that Rogan made sure to wait until the eclipse of the moon. The moon would pass in front of the sun in 7 days.
"Walk around, poke stones, do something. I need extra time or the situation will only get worse. I know the dangers threatening Cythera might be something I might regret but its for the better." Avatara said in responce to one of Rogan's questions
"Okay, I will. We will get the time you need"
"Be sure to keep my mission a secret"
"Can do"
"Just remember, for no reason enter the inner chamber. Its effects are deadly. Goodbye for now and good luck, friend."
Avatara then disappeared leaving Rogan alone with his thoughts

Ahh, now for the hard part Avatara thought as he prepared for his hunt for Dethelon and the twisted magic that caused all this.

------------------

#172 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2001 - 12:00 PM

Avatara broke through the tangled weeds and undergrowth clogging the passage to his seal. Thorns scrached his exposed hands, dragging shallow trails of blood across his palms. Avatara finally burst through and came to a well-trodden dirt path running through the jungle. After a short pause, Avatara turned right and headed up toward the hills. The path was easy to follow and he made good time. After a while of winding through the jungle, the path entered a forest as the climate strangely seemed to become dryer and colder. Avatara made a quick glance up at the mountain in front of him to make sure he was climbing the right one.

The path, despite all the erosion, was still very well-kept and easy to follow. Before the sun went down that day, Avatara had left the valley and was already past many hills and well on his way up the mountain. The trip was un-eventful, all the creatures were busy elsewhere doing heaven knows what.

The red sun peeped over the mountains on the far side of the valley behind him. The first rays of dawn lit up the area around him. Avatara had gone on for three days, without rest, in a great hurry to get to the top. Currently, he was just below the summit, having long left the path that led between two mountains and out of the valley. The rocky mountain had been tough to travel, especially without rest or food. Still, Avatara had magic to support his body, and this journey was crucial to success.

After an hour of climbing and picking a safe path among loose rocks and melting ice, Avatara finally made it to the top of the ice-capped mountain. All about the air was freezing, and the smooth bluish ice reflected the sun in a dazzling display of sparkles. The beauty hid what the true nature of the mountain was however.

Avatara walked to the center, and took a deep breath. As he expelled the air, he drew out the amulet he had kept hidden all these years. The flat circular disk was the size of a fist and was made out of gold. On the front, nine runes, each in their own individual circle, were evenly spaced around the outside. Intricate curves and lines connected each to each other and to a center circle. Inside the center circle was a spherical red ruby the size of a dime, appearing to glow with a fire of its own.

As Avatara held the amulet over the top of the mountain, the runes started to glow and the lines connecting each shone with a brilliant white-honey light. As the light flowed inwards toward the gem, the gem started to glow. Once the inner circle was finally bathed in the white-honey light, the gem brilliantly shone. Avatara stared ahead, despite the bright glow, as he held the amulet in front of him so it faced the summit. Brilliant red wisps of magic appeared in the air and carressed the gem. Finally, a bright red beam shot to the center of the magic, and the air erupted in a massive shower of honey-white light. All around him, the light surrounded the summit of the Ice Mountain. Now, an icy white bridge was visible leading from the mountain to a large strange cloud that had spiraled but stayed in the same spot during the group's stay at the valley.

Avatara hung the amulet around his neck, but so it was visible. He turned from the mountain, and stepped on to the bridge. The bridge was cold, but comforting as he walked along. Evenly spaced, about 25 meters apart, small cylinders rose above to chest height, letting colored spheres rest and glow atop the pillars as they hovered, bathing the bridge in light. Avatara looked over the edge, and saw the green valley far below, ending to his right in the seemingly endless sea of forboding mountains with the ice caves leading below, ending to his left in the tallest mountain, with a giant cave at the top, the sight of the treasure they had been seeking for so long now. Ahead, the valley ended at a chain of peaks that beyond held a valley of life, and beyond that the Cold Flats which lead to the northernmost realms of Elvandar, where Avatara used to live. Behind Avatara, the path far below led winding through mountains to a sparkling blue sea behind him with icebergs floating around lazily.

Avatara finished his stroll across the bridge, and stepped onto the cloud. A quick turn among the fluffy mists hiding the invisible path that supported people that walked on it, and Avatara could see the cloud palace ahead with white mists embracing it tenderly. He was at the Palace of Air. Long ago, it used to be full of people living happily, but that was in times now long lost. Now, it was empty and forboding.

Avatara entered under the pearly archway and tried to hold back his awe at the place. It had been many years since he had last been here, and despite having been here many times in the past, it never failed to amaze him. Entering the central keep, Avatara quickly stode up the winding staircases to the very top tower. Looking out the window at the top, the valley was only a green sploch barely visible through the green hazes. The mountains looked like minor obstacles one could easily step over. Down south, a faint spire rose up out of the haze and land. The Temple of Life, over 500 miles away, the place of much happiness and life, now barren and desolate.

Avatara turned back to the room, and walked to the center of the empty chamber. In the center, a lone pillar rose up, holding behind solid layers of air and glass a strange leather bag. Avatara removed the glass cover, and burned away the seal of air. He removed the bag, and opened it to check and make sure the bag's contents were still there. Satisfying himself, Avatara turned back to the window. The sun had travelled from the center of the sky to a setting position behind him. Time in this room was different, it was only a matter of a few minutes getting the stone, but hours had passed. Avatara seeing that he had only three days left, and not having time to travel down the path, took a deep breath and jumped off the fortress...

------------------

#173 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2001 - 07:16 AM

The speeds coming down from the fall were suicidal. Suicidal, that is, for an ordinary person. Avatara had made known by now that he was not at all ordinary. Though he was not able to cast a flight spell-those were is the hidden runes that he was searching for in Cythera-he could cast spells to made the landing easy. He quickly forsaw his landing spot, a nice large, hard rock. It would split him in two if he didn't do anything. A few strange swipes of the hand and the mysterious thoughts-magic didn't need to be chanted-was all it took. He watched as his magic set itself to work. The rock below exploded with a fiery spell, leaving a gaping hole in the ground. The hole was deep, but Avatara then decided that it was in no way deep enough. He cast an earthly spell which then ejected another 10 feet of soil up. By this point Avatara was getting even closer. The 500ft treetops were still well below him but they were considerably closer than before. Now satisfied with the hold he had just created, Avatara then set a couple more spells into play. Leaves, grass, brush, and all other non-needle forms of vegetation were dropped into the hole. After about 3 feet out of the 15 was filled, he ceased the spell. Soon after the hole was starting to be sealed by thick, loose vines. These vines had enough give in them to be able to support him. When Avatara had finished, he realized that he had gone beyond the treetops and quickly got into meditative form. He cast a protection spell which encircled him and would keep him from busting bones. It would not completely offset the fall though. Avatara hit the vines at breakneck speed and the vines slowed him considerably. But it wasn't too long before the vines snapped, spilling Avatara into the pile of vegetation he had created. The dull thud was quite loud, showing how fast he was still moving. He got a pretty nasty bump on the head but that was it.
Good, that's overAvatara thought to himself I do not want to go through that again. Now on with my mission

If they thought that the last guys were bad, they were finding out otherwise. Talos, theKestral, Rogan, and Lindor were fighting a new batch of creatures. There were quite a bit less of them in number but they made up for that with superior weapons and skills.
"Looks like some of those pathetic things evolved on us" Rogan announced as he held off 6 of them with his staff while casting spells which were frying others.
"Damn things. Too many" Lindor said as 7 of them swarmed him. His blocks were succesful against 5 of them but the other two seemed to be making a game of stabbing him
"ARRRGH" Talos cried out as he suddenly became hyper. His speed and ability rose greatly though all other factors stayed the same. Talos's hands and swords soon became a blur as he passed his sword through several enemies at once. The blades were moving so fast that the enemies around him couldn't even defend themselves, much less attack. Soon Talos was cutting a nice swath in their ranks, headed towards Lindor.
"Fire, fire, fire, Ice, ice, ice, whirlwind" Kestral announced as blasts of magic leapt from his staff and hands. His final spell went to the back of their lines and followed Kestral's hand motions. The beasts were helpless before this sudden horrible spell. It sucked a good 100 of them in and spilled them out dead many miles away.
Yrigidonii was making the most of this battle. He fought and fried many of the creatures and ate the rest that came near him. This scared many away and provided and amusing moment for the group to see this beheamoth dragon chase down a creature for a meal.
When finally the battle was done, the group collapsed again. Having no energy, none of them were able to get up and watch. Each could be found in the midst of the blood-stained battlefield sleeping. Mysteriously their wounds suddenly disappeared.

DF cast a nice little spell from his domain to heal up his friends. They had gone through several such groups but this one was about 2 times larger. Soon they would find stronger opponents, just a lot less of those. He then noticed a very strange energy. He turned his attention and saw Avatara with a very special stone emerging from a hole. No, that wasn't the energy. No, it was twisted. Wind, twisted with dark. Dethelon. Where? Was he here? In my domain? Even he is not that dumb. No, he is out there. Moving towards...! Avatara!. The stone. Avatara has the stone. The light stone. Dark armour can offset its power. Dethelon. Dark armour. Avatara is trying to eliminate his foe with the stone but will be killed if he tries.

He sensed Dethelon before he could see him. A shout came into his mind soon after his senses kicked in. It sounded like a frantic DF, screaming something about dark armour and his sword needs to be drawn if he expects to win this battle. Avatara knew DF was correct. Of course, he would have figured it out too be it would have been a bit too late by then. No, this was the best way DF could find.
Now I have to find a way to beat him hand to hand Avatara thought as Dethelon got into visual range

------------------
[url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum5/HTML/000564-5.html"]Cythera story[/url]
Cythera team story which has been around for 7 months.

#174 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2001 - 12:42 PM

*Avatara picked himself off the ground, reaching for his sword by instinct to find it wasn't there. Avatara slid the leather bag safely behind him, in a concealed location.*

"Dethelon, you seem well out of your way. Aren't you supposed to be ruling at the temple with an iron fist?"

Dethelon laughed. "You see, I've had some slight problems recently. Someone has intruded into my land and has decided to interfere with my plans."

"Your land? Since when was the dimensional gateway your land?"

"It has been so. You see, I've expanded your puny kingdom into a vast empire. And just recently, I was about to seal a final pact that would expand the empire into other dimensions with a minor cost of worshipping the Dark Emprorer."

"You are mad if you intend to strike a deal with him!"

"Mad? I think not. He already has a vast hold on all the worlds, I'm just chosing the winning side."

"You are insane!"

"And you are a fool! You can't hide forever, soon enough I'll find your friends. Its only a matter of time. And your time is running out." Dethelon drew his sword at that, and pointed it at Avatara. Avatara responded by casting a quick spell, and a sheild of flame rose up and deflected the blast of air that would've sliced his skull in two. Dethelon tried a different attack, and both lept into a battle of sorcery and willpower.

"Anybody else hear that?" theKestrel asked the group after resting for several hours.

"You are just paranoid Kestrel." Rogan shot back as the group climbed the treacherous mountain. The dragon was listening with both ears, and smelling the air.

"You are right. There is a battle going on below." Yrigidonii spoke.

"I see it. Those flashes in the wood by that hill. You are hearing explosions of some time." Talos said. *Just then the forest around the flashes lept up in a massive flame and spewed up dirt, rocks, and splinters of trees in a cloud.* "That must be some fight."

*The group looked up and saw they had hardly gotten anywhere on the mountain. Rogan noticed the sun was setting in the west, on the night that Avatara had told him to smash the crystal. He realized they were way behind schedule.*

"Yrigidonii, can you fly us up there?" Rogan asked.

"I can only fly one, maybe two of you up there, but in this light I'd be spotted instantly. Don't worry, I know what you are thinking, but you have until midnight." Yrigidonii replied. "I'd rather wait until its a necessity, the red dragon is tough, even for me to fight."

*The group continued at a slightly faster pace in silence, regretting that they strolled for too long in the forest below.*

*The last rays of twilight cast eerie shadows into the valley as Avatara looked for some way to rid Dethelon of the dark armor. Suddenly he remembered that tonight was the night he had to close the gateway. Avatara set the woods around him ablaze with a scorching inferno before turning and running full speed toward the hill with the gateway on it. Branches snagged on his tattered blue robes and scratched his exposed arms. Calming down his thoughts and remembering his training from so long ago, Avatara ran with lighter and quieter footsteps.

He arrived at the open grassy field, with the last rays of sunlight on the horizon. With a couple quick strides he stopped in front of the gateway itself, and turned. Dethelon was charging after him waving a sword, black armor glistening in the light. He cast a quick spell and the air all around the valley suddenly became heavier, and thicker. The pressure was building rapidly, squeezing all who weren't able to protect themselves to death. Avatara realized that his friends were in serious danger, but he could hardly move. Dethelon swung his sword down, and Avatara caught the blade with both hands mere centimeters from his face. Blood rushed down his hands, as Avatara exerted all his strength at keeping him alive. Deep inside, Avatara felt a rage building up, his friends were in danger. Having someone to protect, Avatara let forth the dreaded ancient blood rage.

The very fabric of reality seemed to explode in a loud hot inferno as Dethelon's spell was suddenly broken. Dethelon pulled back his sword, and shielded his eyes. The tip of the sword where Avatara had grasped it was melted away. Avatara grabbed Dethelon's arm, and the black armor peeled away. Dethelon realized what was happening, Avatara had become one with the fire. As he fell back, he could barely utter in surprise. "Paithan!"

Dethelon focused again, and the stones of the gateway started hurling at Avatara. One struck Avatara, knocking him back on the marble floor. Dethelon raised his hands, calling on dark magic, poised to strike Avatara down. Before he could cast his spell, he was hit from behind and uttered out a grunt as he fell on his face. Behind him, DF stood, ready to cast another spell.*

"I hope I'm not too late." DF said as he smiled. Avatara groaned in reply, and prepared the long treacherous work of opening the gateway. Still on the ground, feigning unconsciousness, Dethelon silently called his three beasts to come to his help.

------------------

#175 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2001 - 02:35 AM

Ohh, time for some typing fun...

DF sensed that Avatara was going to win and healed the other group and went out to meet Avatara. When he arrived he saw the diety of fire Paithon arise to destroy Dethelon. The diety was fierce and handled Dethelon with ease. Easy as that Avatara contained that fiery spirit and became one with him. Something was rumbling nearby but Avatara decided to silence Dethelon once and for all. He chanted the ancient tome and set the light stone on Dethelon's exposed flesh. The shriek heard was unbearable and Dethelon was encased in a circle of light which expanded out from the stone. The light soon contracted and formed the stone again. It was the ultimate light power.
"hey" was all that DF could get out before Avatara could tell him
"Give me one hour. I need one hour to charge up. Let nothing pass through. I need your strength to protect me, your soul tobe one with your body, and your life to be only for this"With that Avatar went into a trancelike state and DF finally got a look at what was rumbling. A giant Cereberus. These things were said to be a legendary beast controlled only by a dark emporer.
"oh holy hell. Couldn't you need me for something easier" DF half joked as he drew his blade.
The beast made the first move and leapt out to bite DF's arm. DF used his dark power to form a whip and stopped the beast in its tracks. He then leapt up to slash the ugly beast but was unsuccessful because the beast chose that time to bite at him. The slash and the bite came about the same time as they both went down. The slash was a nasty one but so was the bite. DF used the last of his holy power to heal the wound slightly.
At least I wont bleed to death DF thought as he prepared himself for the next wave of attack.
The beast again initiated it but differently this time. DF had set himself for the bite but instead the beast clawed him after going on its hind legs. It then kicked him back about 10 feet as it flipped over. Would have been the most graceful attack if DF didn't see the opening and stabbed at it. His dark attack won't work at a protected angle of the beast but the belly is too far away to count for that. The dark blast kncoked the creature back about 14 feet and off of its feet. DF decided to catch his beath as the beast took its sweet old time getting up...

------------------
[url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum5/HTML/000564-5.html"]Cythera story[/url]
Cythera team story which has been around for 7 months.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users