Ambrosia Software Web Board: The tale of the Treasure - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The tale of the Treasure

#26 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 October 2000 - 10:51 AM

Rogan was tired. Very tired. To avoid falling asleep, he walked around a little bit before he took a sip of his wine. Almost empty...he forgot to buy some extra at the tavern before they left it. Well, nothing to do about that. Rogan almost fell asleep again when a sound in the distance made him rise his head and stand up. The sound came closer..closer...until he saw a shadow. Rogan drew a dagger and threw it at the creature which he had recognise to be an orc. It froze to ice. "Damn annoying beasts" Rogan muttered as he put the dagger back in his belt. The rest of the night went without any disturbance at all. By sunrise, the party continued their journey...

------------------
I have no signature...my dog ate it.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#27 Guest_Lindor_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 October 2000 - 12:29 PM

They walked on, without event, for most of the morning. Something was amiss, though, as if the companions could sense it in the stillness of the air.

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 12-28-2001).]

#28 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2000 - 02:37 PM

It must have been the ice caves, thought Lindor. yes, it was the Ice Caves. It threw him off his mark. He had been wrong before, right?
The group had been traveling for hours through the Ice caverns. Sometimes they needed a torch to see while other times there was some natural light around. They found a freshwater stream in the caverns and decided to fill up the empty wine bottles they had with them. Rogan had one that he wouldn't let go, even though it was only 1/4 full. They all felt as if something was wrong but couldn't figure out what. They were about halfway through the Ice Cavern when the area behind them collapsed, destroying the ground that they just walked on.
"Can't go back the way we came up I guess." Talos said with a laugh.
Now the group was slightly spooked. The went a few more steps when they came upon a dying Troll. It had aparently been fighting something huge and been left here to die. It seemed to beg that the group let him live. Avatara, taking pity, healed up this unfortunate beast and automatically knew that something was wrong. Along with the scars healing, the body morphed as well. At first Avatara thought he used the wrong spell but soon found out otherwise. The troll soon finished its morphing and turned out to be elven. It appeared humanlike at first but the ears gave it away as well as the sharp wit.
"Thank you lots" the elf said
"What happened to you?" Lindor asked as he stepped forward
"The wizards on the top of the mountain, they must be stopped the elf said "I worked with them, thinking my work was good. It was soon discovered that I could be transformed at will. They force taught me dark magic and tried to change me into a demon. When I refused they still tried to force it upon me. I turned the magic around and killed a bunch of them. They then made me into that horrible troll and they used spells against me as I fled. I got to the center of the cave and have been here for about a week now."
"We are traveling up there, would you like to tag along?" Avatara asked as he leaned against a wall
"Yes, but only if you assist me in destroying the mountain lair of the wizards. They are plotting an evil takeover of the planet and they must be stopped. I may have slowed them but they are not through yet" the elf said
"What is your name, noble elf?" DF said as he brushed a insect off his boot
"I am know as Ferezel. Please address me as that" Ferezel responded
"Welcome to our little party. You may be of some assistance up the hill. We are hunting an ancient treasure" Rogan said as he shook hands with Ferezel
"Then I may be of assistance in getting up the hill too. Up ahead, after the caves is an abandoned orc village. It is rumored that the wizards unleashed a hell dragon onto the village and the orcs ran and became nomadic."
"Yes, we have run into them before" Rogan said as he glanced at his shoulder
"This is a powerful dragon. I could not defeat it as a troll but I was able to get by it. That is why I was so badly injured in the caves, the damn thing attacked me." Ferezel stated
"Wait, I thought the Hell Dragon was only a legend" Lindor said with disbelief
"No, sadly it is not." Talos interjected "It is an old story, back when dragons were numerous. They all fought one another for land and food. There were several good types of dragons and they fought the bad ones who fought both good and bad dragons. The black dragon tribe created the ultimate dragon with ancient potions (not known by any now) and rituals. This formed the Hell Dragon. The only problem was the tribes of black dragons, now the second most powerful dragons, couldn't controll it. They fought it and almost were completely wiped out. A few survived and fled. The Red dragons decided to ally with the other dragons to attack the Hell Dragon. The fight lasted for many days, weeks even. The Hell dragon finally fell and died. Then it turned into a fire and the dust blew away. This explains why their aren't many red or gold or black dragons anymore."
"Oh, man." Lindor said with sadness
"How are we to defeat the ultimate beast?" DF asked
"I believe it is possible" Avatara said
"Let's go then." Rogan said and the goup headed towards the exit.
When they reached it though, it was guarded by 10 ice beasts and 2 demonlords.
"There will be no passing this point, foolish adventurers" one of the demons said as its eyes began to glow....

------------------
Had to alter sig because it was pissing me off
Banana banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie!

#29 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2000 - 03:22 PM

Rogan finished drinking his wine, then raised his hand. As he brought it down again, large bolts of electricity hit four of the ice beasts, frying them into oblivion. Rogan drew his Excalibur and together with Lindor, they charged at the remaining beasts. Ferazel stood on a distance, using his magic. When the beasts were dead, Rogan looked at the demonlords and said: "Now let us take care of the REAL danger"...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rogan (edited 10-31-2000).]

#30 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2000 - 06:24 PM

The mages took their positions behind, while the warriors focused on the first demonlord. It was difficult; much of the mages' power was spent on runes of blocking to prevent the second demonlord from getting at them. However, the mages began to run out of power. Though the first demon was badly injured, the second demon was now charging at them. All the warriors were now injured and tired, and there was no magic left for healing spells...

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font>
[url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters.[/url]

Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#31 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• lift your skinny fists like antennas in germany
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2000 - 06:43 PM

The elf suddenly regained the real Ferazel's powers, and transformed back into it's normal self. Although it was hard to tell if Ferazel in his true form was really an elf, but everyone but Lindor quit thinking that. Lindor had heard about Hagnabits and their leader, Ferazel. Ferazel then said, "Need help?" and fired a Fireball at the attackers, killing a few.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!
Cythera's 'Team Stories' Rock!
And we're never gonna tour again.

#32 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2000 - 07:23 AM

The badly injured demonlord tried to retreat while allowing the other to cast dark spells on the adventurers. The weapons once again lost their glow. Lindor chased out the injured demon as the other one followed him. They were now right outside the cave. Lindor's sword struck the first demonlord and after a few hits, the demonlord collapsed and turned to dust. The other demonlord was wreaking havoc with the adventurers. Every few seconds he would charge another attack to the warriors. Tired, they tread on with a little less energy every time. They got to the demon lord and started to slash at it but the demonlord decided to destroy them. With an encantation, he picked up all but Lindor (seeing as he was back from the group) and crushed them with the spell. This left Lindor alone to destroy the demonlord and save his friends. The demonlord the started casting spells to try and destroy him. He dodged some and blocked the rest. He wasn't getting anywhere when he noticed a crack in the rocks above. Quickly judging speed and distance, he realized that one of Rogan's daggers would do the trick. He leapt over there, the demonlord still casting attacks, and flicked one of Rogan's daggers into the rock face above. It was then that the demonlord threw his sword at Lindor. It pierced his armour on the right side and wounded the warrior. As Lindor stumbled to the ground to pull the sword out, the rocks above the cave began to fall. Small ones at first but eventually the rocks became much bigger and crushed the demonlord where he stood. Lindor knew it had died when he saw a flash of black. He had finally removed the sword when he realized that there was only one potion for the entire group left. He decided to give it to Avatara. As Avatara started to glow, Lindor fell to the ground, unconscious from the blow delivered earlier. Avatara rested for 4 days to regenerate his spell casting ability. When finally he was able to use it, the group had started to smell. He chanted something and the entire area glowed. Wounds sustained in the battle were disappearing, DF's lance wound (the Ice Beasts carried them), Talos's lost limb from a Demon spell, and Lindor's sword wound. This didn't completely heal them but it did revive all of them so their wunds would heal. The group then camped for several days. Healing potions were made to replace the ones lost before and mock battles were made to hone abilities. They knew that the Hell Dragon was next and didn't want to be caught off guard.

------------------

#33 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2000 - 08:09 AM

Rogan was very satisfyed when he heard that one of his daggers killed the demonlord and that the blood on his cloak from the orc bite finally was gone. The party walked for one and a half hour more before they camped. Lindor and Desert Fox were playing a friendly sword fight and Kestrel and Avatara watched. Rogan and Ferazel were talking while they ate some meat they got from an unicorn. "So I understand you have fantastic magical abilities", Rogan asked as he took a bite of the hot meat. "Well" Ferazel answered, "I know many spells and also have the power to make my own". "I myself like to use magic, but I also use my sword Excalibur and my newly found ice daggers" Rogan said, "I wonder...can you teach me some spells?" Ferazel didn`t reply at once, he just snapped his fingers and a bottle of wine (Nortshore Red) appeared in Rogans hands. Rogan smiled and looked at Ferazel. "We need to talk".

------------------

#34 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2000 - 09:02 AM

"When we return from this adventure, you could join my class in Pnyx." Ferazel says. "I think I already graduated from Pnyx." Rogan says. "Oh no, there are sevral Judges and a Freemage in my class. No students. You see, this is a class on creating new spells. All the 'students' in my class learn how to create new spells themselves."

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

#35 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2000 - 10:06 AM

"Good" Rogan replies, "I shall do so. I have some interesting spells myself too, like the..." Rogan is interrupted by a sound coming from the nearby trees...

------------------

#36 Guest_Lindor_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 November 2000 - 12:47 PM

Everyone stops what they're doing and looks over towards the woods. A small squirrel is seen scratching at the bark of one of the trees. Other than that, there is nothing. When the party returns to what they're doing, however, a pack of forest-trolls charge.

The group springs into battle positions as the monsters rush forward, swinging their clubs as the come. As they turn to face the trolls, a group of men charge from the back of the company, eyes gleaming red with corruption.

#37 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2000 - 01:14 PM

Rogan threw away the roast meat, drew his sword and charged at the trolls...

------------------

#38 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2000 - 02:50 PM

Surrounded and outnembered. Just the way I like it. thought Talos. He drew his scimitar and readied himself for battle. The men attacks with what appeared to be sticks. They were easily split by his scimitar. He and Lindor fought the men off the back of the group as DF led a charge at the trolls. Most were already dead by the time he got there. The magic spells cast from the mages behind him killed them but left a few for DF to hack to pieces. He was surprized to see that Rogan had joined him on the front line. They founght in tandem, each watching the other's back when the other would go on attacking an enemy well beyond the line. It was the perfect strategy. The enemies all fell in short order. The group knew that this was an odd occurance indeed. They decided to stop resting and set off for the abandoned orc village and the Hell Dragon which awaited them there.

------------------

#39 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2000 - 03:13 PM

And so they approached the abandoned village. Ferazel and Rogan split the last piece of roast meat and drew their weapons. There was no signs of life except the adventurers. They walked slowly towards the palisade wall surrounding the village, currently lead by Kestrel. Everyones eyes were focused on the main entrance. They came closer. Rogan decided to take a peek and so he did. Nothing. Just abandoned orc huts. Ferazel walked trough the main gate and started looking around. Still nothing. Rogan sheathed his sword and followed Ferazel into the closest hut. They only found an empty pail, a large dresser (and when did orcs start to use clothes??) and four oboloi lying on a table. Suddenly, shouting was heard from outside: "It`s an ambush!" Kestrel shouted. "Get out of the hut!" Avatara shouted even louder. Ferazel reacted at once and leaped out of the hut just before the flames of a hell dragon hit the hut, setting it on fire. Rogan, however, was not that lucky. The large dresser fell over Rogans foot as he tried to get out. He was stuck inside the burning hut...

------------------

#40 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2000 - 06:56 PM

Ferazel tries water elemantal to put out the flames, but it doesn't seem to work. DF tries water, but that didn't work either. "How are we going to save Rogan?" Ferazel asked...

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

#41 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2000 - 02:07 PM

Then the orcs appeared. There was about a thousand evil looking orcs facing the adventurers. The odds didn't look good. The Hell Dragon was nearby as well, it was what set the hut on fire. The orcs then charged the hut and several died in the flames. The rest were badly charred but they brought out Rogan and his stuff. The cheiftain then approached the group
"We need assistance to help take our village back from the evil dragon" he started "We sent for you with our friends but their minds were warped by the evil ones that think they control this beast. Instead of guiding you, they atacked you. I'm sorry for their mistakes. Now you are here and willing to fight. This may just tip the balance to our side. We must fight now. They are not expecting us and cannot defend the evil dragon. Unsheath your weapons and come on"
The orcs charged with such ferouciousness that the grou thought nothign could stop them. Then the dragon appeared. It stood about five times the size of a normal dragon. It also seemed twice as tough as it looked. Avatara blew his dragon flute to summon his pal. The group then charged the evil dragon with nothing held back...

------------------

#42 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2000 - 02:44 PM

Rogan wiped some ash off his left foot, drew his sword and joined the orcs in the battle. Many orcs died, and the hell dragon showed no sign of injury. Suddenly, the gold dragon arrived...

------------------

#43 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2000 - 08:50 AM

Ferazel started powering up a very powerful spell....

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

#44 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2000 - 02:33 PM

The battle raged on, even more orcs god toasted, but then the gold dragon opened his mouth and sent a cloud of burning gasses at the hell dragon.

------------------

#45 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2000 - 04:22 PM

This helped to distract the dragon. With the Hell Dragon focusing its energy on the Gold Dragon, the orcs and adventurers could last longer before frying. Realizing close-range weapons were useless against something with so tough a hide, the group moved away from the dragon. The mages powered up sharp long range spells, while the others armed bows, crossbows, daggers, and javelins. Ferezal, however, was continuing to cast his spell. The Hell dragon noticed, and aimed an incredibly hot focused line of fire at him...

------------------
[url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters.[/url]
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#46 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2000 - 08:54 PM

Unaware of the dragon's stance that told it was to release fire, Ferazel fire the spell, which was Disruption, a spell that could alter space and time, or cause a [b]very very big lot of damage to the target. At the same moment, the dragon released the fire. The spell and fire collided, and....

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

#47 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2000 - 10:12 PM

...caused quite a lot of damage. In a strange way, the fire combined itself with the melding capabilities of disruption, causing a huge ball of flame to expand, about 90 yards outwards from the point of collision...

------------------

#48 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2000 - 05:39 PM

...and Disruption started to explode, which would eliminate everything permanately from time itself within a 20 yard radius. Ferazel jumped out of the way, but the hell dragon, and a lot of ground, was eliminated from time. "I didn't know Disruption could be so powerful!" Ferazel said.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

#49 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2000 - 05:53 PM

Ferazel was shocked when he saw the hell dragon DID survive the spell, quite weakened, though. "This is our chanse!" Rogan yelled, and everyone charged. The gold dragons fire, the warriors and remaining orcs weapons and the mages spells were strong enough to permanantly kill the beast. Everyone danced around the dragon carcass, laughing and shouting "vicory!". Since the dragons breath had set the palisade wall surrounding the orc village on fire, everyone ran out of there. Rogan paused and looked at the dead dragon. He noticed something around the dragons neck and he vaguely remembered reading about this in Pnyx: The hell dragons amulet which could give powers to whoever wore it. Rogan took the amulet, a small red gem in a gold chain, and put it around his neck. "Come on!" Ferazel shouted behind him, "what are you waiting for?" Rogan quickly followed the others...

(I`ve been planning this for a LONG time)

------------------

#50 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2000 - 06:15 PM

Just in time, as the palisade wall came crashing inwards a few seconds after Rogan got out. The night was joyous, and the orcs and adventurers put up a small camp just outside of the Orc Village.

------------------

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users