• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tavern continued

#26 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 October 2000 - 03:31 AM

Rogan walks in, carrying a dead animal over his shoulder. "Anyone knows where I can deliver this...thing?". No reply."Okay". Rogan drops the carcass and sits down beside Kestrel. *Shouts to Talos* "Give me some Nortshore Red and a set of dice!" Then he turns to Kestrel and Avatara."Are there anything new in town?"
(out of character)
JIHAAAAAA! FINALLY! Yessir, Rogan has posted over 50 posts! I`ll let you know when I reach 100 Posted Image
------------------
"But which way will the balance swing? To the east or to the west?"
(Omen)

[This message has been edited by Rogan (edited 10-04-2000).]
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#27 User is offline   theKestrel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2000 - 06:52 PM

I suppose that is a good idea. Posted Image

I flung the dice across the red-topped table. My expression was hazed from alcohol and my pipe. I cheered as once again I had beaten Avatara. Grimly, Avatara looked me over. As he handed his oboloi over the table, he jumped over it, grabbing me by my throat, "Die scum cheater!!" I fell backwards crashing into and breaking a small chair. I grabbed hold of Avatara's face and smashed it against a nearby table. Avatara's hold on my throat loosened and he roared as he wound up and punched me square in the face. I staggered back, swinging blindly, hoping to get lucky. I caught him on the jaw, and Avatara being occupied for a second, I took the opportunity to grab a chair and return the favor to him. Legs of the chair went flying to the other side of the room as Avatara stumbled back heavily and threw out a hand to steady himself. Avatara looked at what he had caught onto, and smile an evil smile as he whipped one of the dart's at me. Blood lathered on both of our faces, I soon had blood flowing from a dart hole in my arm and also on my chest. Avatara smiled another smile to make a sane man cringe, and advanced with his remaining darts. I backpedaled, hands stretched behind me to make sure I didn't run into anything. My hands closed on....YES!....As I swung the pool stick and shattered it over Avatara's shoulder his smile faded. And then.............

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Hehe, that was fun.

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans.
Growth through the Cross.

#28 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 October 2000 - 07:35 PM

*...and then the cieling collapsed. In that brief moment, Kestrel realized he swong one of the wall supports, not a pool stick as he thought. Avatara was knocked out the window of the bar by the blow, so he was spared. In the final moments before consciousness slipped away, Avatara laughed as Kestrel was pommeled with tons of wood and stone.*

Hehe, Posted Image

Now we need a new bar...

------------------
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#29 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2000 - 10:42 AM

The only one not wounded when the ceiling collapsed was Korax. "Take it easy, friends", he said, "I get mad when I`m getting cheated too but not that mad...You should be ashamed of yourselves and..." *suddenly realises that everyone is unconsious*

------------------
"But which way will the balance swing? To the east or to the west?"
(Omen)

#30 User is offline   theKestrel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2000 - 04:25 PM

*out of character*
Heh, I know how to fix this. I saw them blow up the Ares bar.

*back in character*

As the bar rebuilt itself, theKestrel came out of it, roaring at Avatara. Avatara took one look at the large chunk of stone in theKestrel's hand and ran around the tavern, Kestrel in hot pursuit. As Avatara was running in circles around the bar, he suddenly smashed straight into a new addition the bar had decided it wanted. He fell unconscious.

Heh, teach you to collapse a bar on me! Posted Image

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans.

#31 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2000 - 06:29 PM

*Avatara slams full force into the new addition. The new addition was knocked out by the force of the impact. TheKestrel stops his laughing as a huge gust of wind picks up. Due to the missing support and the gust of wind, the bar, once again, collapses on theKestrel-sparing Avatara.

------------------
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#32 User is offline   theKestrel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2000 - 11:29 PM

theKestrel wanders off to Rio's favorite spot to lick his wounds. Posted Image

------------------

#33 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• lift your skinny fists like antennas in germany
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 09:06 AM

** Out of story **
I don't care how many posts anyone has!
** Back in Story **

A mage walks into the bar. He is dressed with a metal breast plate, a full shield, a mace, and a full helmet. "A round of drinks." he says as he slaps 50 oboloi on to the table.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!
And we're never gonna tour again.

#34 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 09:37 AM

Rogan walks into the bar and sits down. "Give me the usual: Nortshore Red and some cards" he says to the bartender. He turns to the mage and says: "I have not seen you around before. I am Rogan. Who are you?"

------------------
I have no signature...my dog ate it.

#35 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 10:57 AM

"Me? I'm new to Cythera. My name is Ferazel. I'm an assistant to the librarian in Pnyx. I know most spells, but I haven't yet visited the Eighth Degree Hall yet." the mage says to Rogan, "I also have the power of creating new spells, but I haven't used it."

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

#36 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 12:50 PM

Rogan moves to the same table as Ferazel. "I have been here for quite a time now" he says,"I have also studied in Pnyx. You should really visit eight degree hall. I know most spells and I like to use them in combat, but I also use my sword". Rogan draws his sword Excalibur and he gets surrounded by a red light. "My sword is quite good. Once cut a Hydra in half with it". The people on the closest tables rolls their eyes: They have heard THAT story many times...

------------------

#37 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 01:07 PM

"Well, I've been praticing Fetch, but I can't get it to work on the door of the Eighth Degree Hall. Watch," Ferazel says as he casts Fetch on a ruffian trying to pick a lock, making him dincinagrate. "Could you teach me some spells?" Ferazel asks.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

#38 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 01:29 PM

*As everyone gathered around the shambles of the tavern, Talos noticed Avatara standing off to his side, with his hands raised. People gasped as timber by timber, the bar rebuilt itself. After five hours of work, Avatara was the first to stumble into the rebuilt tavern, and was awarded a keg of ale by Talos.*

------------------

#39 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 01:31 PM

"I can teach you resurrection..." Rogan puts one hand down in a pouch and pulls up a book. "There are some spells in here, and I can teach you more if you like. A friend once taught me how to cast "daylight" in a way that you can decide who can see it or not."
*hands Ferazel the book* "Maybe we should travel to Pnyx and look at some spells...I have access to eight degree hall", Rogan says, "Another round of drinks for me and my friend!" He shouts to the bartender.

------------------

#40 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 01:34 PM

Hmmm...spells? You mean like this?

*Avatara raises his hands and a blue flash of lightning sent a tree on a distant hill out of existance. As toothpick-sized pieces of wood rained down, Avatara turned back to ferazel.*

Or is that too powerful?

------------------

#41 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 01:44 PM

Rogan and Ferazel come talking from the other bar they were at and sit down at a table at the bar Avatara recreated.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

#42 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 01:49 PM

Ferazel then turns to Avatara and says, "That might be a good spell to learn, do you have the scroll?"

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

#43 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 01:53 PM

I'd teach you myself, the scroll is elsewhere and currently unaccessable, but first I need to know your character level and casting level...

I have a whole bunch of spells up my sleeve...but many are more complicated that those found in the eigth degree hall...

------------------

#44 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 02:11 PM

Rogan finishes his drink then says: "I have some of them myself...elemental spells and such, but one thing I have never found out is the connection between my ruby ring and my sword...I found them both in this cave and they seem to be connected in some odd way. If you want to learn MAGIC, talk to mage Lucas..he`ll teach you powerful sh...stuff".

------------------

#45 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 02:32 PM

Ferazel orders more drinks and asks Rogan "I just want a few more spells, and if you want to know, my mana and casting are 20."

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

#46 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 03:09 PM

In that case here...

*Avatara goes on and teaches Ferazel how to make the lightning bolt, and a nasty fireball, and finally a giant spike of ice that freezes enemies within a small radius.*

Since you bought the drinks...that was free...

------------------

#47 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 06:53 PM

Ferazel thanks Avatara and buys another round of drinks. "Rogan, didn't some adventures leave a few days ago to find an undine stronghold?" Ferazel askes, sipping his drink.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

#48 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 07:24 PM

*At that comment, Avatara's face pales.* "Oh no! I forgot!"

*Avatara opens a blue oval up and walks through, the oval vanishes and the bar returns to silence.*

------------------

#49 User is offline   theKestrel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 08:14 PM

theKestrel laughs. His expression changes, "Oh ****!" A vertical slash of light appears and rotates, widening. He walks through it and it closes.

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans. - Douglass Adams

#50 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2000 - 09:36 PM

"Well, I must dissipear too." Ferazel says. He then uses magic to zap back to his awaiting team, asking Rogan to come with him as he leaves.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users