Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Unofficial Avriana Story, part 3: Waterfall of Tears - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Unofficial Avriana Story, part 3: Waterfall of Tears

#1 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:20 AM

Edit:
I doubt anyone will see this edit, but I guess if you're here, it's because you wanted to read this story. I'm sorry, but it's a terrible story, and I want to delete it before I (like everyone else) lose access to my account. Archives probably exist if you're determined, but I recommend against reading this story.

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 07 November 2018 - 10:23 AM

I'll become even more undignified than this

#2 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:48 PM

Pending any other explanations of what happens to Avatara, I think this is canon.

#3 User is offline   ScratSkinner 

• Birdseed Fetcher
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:43 PM

I noticed you changed the title from something bluntly descriptive (I recall the words "mushy" and "love" being used) to something bleaker, and was half wondering whether you'd changed the story to suit.

Apparently it's just camouflage, though.
Proud Recipient of the "Off Topic Post Award"
... the strange feeling that someone, somewhere, has said what you just said

#4 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostPallas Athene, on 06 June 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

Pending any other explanations of what happens to Avatara, I think this is canon.

Considering all of the alternatives, I think you're saying if I want any chance at a happy ending I shouldn't post anything more at all!
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#5 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:06 PM

View PostAvatara, on 07 June 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

Considering all of the alternatives, I think you're saying if I want any chance at a happy ending I shouldn't post anything more at all!

Yes, and also eliminate Katerei.

#6 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:58 AM

Did I forget my "this isn't canon to anything" disclaimer? :x

View PostScratSkinner, on 07 June 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

I noticed you changed the title from something bluntly descriptive (I recall the words "mushy" and "love" being used) to something bleaker, and was half wondering whether you'd changed the story to suit.

Apparently it's just camouflage, though.

Firstly, I'm shocked and scared that a non-Cytheran has apparently read this fanfic. This is really not a good example of a Cythera chronicle, there's loads of really good stories on here ^_^

Here's the story about the title: I told Tyry I'd post this story on his birthday, which is June 7th. But, then Shorty and I decided we didn't want to pay for Internet access anymore, and disconnected. Tyry and Wizzy were in town on June 6th and Tyry was staying in a hotel because my house is hotter than 75 degrees Fahrenheit, so Wizzy went to pick Tyry up from the hotel, and I tagged along so I could use the hotel's wifi and post this story. I was in a hurry because I'd left dough rising at home, and it was almost time to roll it out to make pizza. I didn't have a title, so I went with something bluntly descriptive so I wouldn't have to sit around for hours trying to think of a title. Later, I remembered that I had planned to title the story Waterfall of Tears, because the waterfall where Avatara and Adriana kissed was really Katereri's tears leaking through the Void, because Adriana stole her boyfriend. I didn't know when I'd have a chance to edit my title, so Tyry offered to change it for me because he has m@d-1337 moderator skillz, & I gratefully accepted. That was way more information than you asked for, wasn't it? :D

Edit: I just realized that a moderator used his 1337 skillz to help me instead of to torment me! This is unprecedented!

No no no, just write a happy ending for FL! ^_^

View PostPallas Athene, on 07 June 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

No! Write more stories! ^_^ (eliminating Katerei is optional)

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 08 June 2015 - 11:53 AM

#7 User is offline   ScratSkinner 

• Birdseed Fetcher
  • PipPip

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:21 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 08 June 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

Firstly, I'm shocked and scared that a non-Cytheran has apparently read this fanfic. This is really not a good example of a Cythera chronicle, there's loads of really good stories on here ^_^

Good stories like Grapper's Return* and The Powerful Demon, you mean?

<snip> because the waterfall where Avatara and Adriana kissed was really Katereri's tears leaking through the Void, because Adriana stole her boyfriend. I didn't know when I'd have a chance to edit my title, so Tyry offered to change it for me because he has m@d-1337 moderator skillz, & I gratefully accepted. That was way more information than you asked for, wasn't it? :D

Edit: I just realized that a moderator used his 1337 skillz to help me instead of to torment me! This is unprecedented!

Is the waterfall one of those passage-of-time differences? Also, shouldn't there be some sort of fluctuation when Avatara kisses Adriana in front of the waterfall? Are Katerei's eyes far behind her tears in regards to seeing what's going on?

And yeah, TMI. Having already read to "And we lived happily ever after." it was interesting to see the title changed to something implying precisely the opposite. Though I suppose Katerei isn't living happily ever after.

*As an aside to Pallas, if the boards went down tomorrow, there'd be precisely zero installments authored by you left. Your offsite backup predates them. Something to keep in mind.

#8 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostScratSkinner, on 08 June 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Good stories like Grapper's Return* and The Powerful Demon, you mean?

Indeed ^_^ also The Trial series (part 3 coming soon!), Tales of Bellerophon, and (if you have lots of time, which you must if you read this whole story) Sail! ^_^

Is the waterfall one of those passage-of-time differences? Also, shouldn't there be some sort of fluctuation when Avatara kisses Adriana in front of the waterfall? Are Katerei's eyes far behind her tears in regards to seeing what's going on?

Yes, probably. I'm assuming Katerei can't actually see it though.

And yeah, TMI. Having already read to "And we lived happily ever after." it was interesting to see the title changed to something implying precisely the opposite. Though I suppose Katerei isn't living happily ever after.

Wowev, thank you for reading the whole thing! I'm really surprised. I'm even surprised that Fiery read it ^_^

*As an aside to Pallas, if the boards went down tomorrow, there'd be precisely zero installments authored by you left. Your offsite backup predates them. Something to keep in mind.

Did he delete Bloodstone from his archives? :o

#9 User is offline   ScratSkinner 

• Birdseed Fetcher
  • PipPip

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:32 PM

I meant precisely zero Pallas-authored installments of Grapper's Return. Other things authored by him are probably fine so long as they were posted before Victory Drowned.

#10 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:16 AM

Do you stalk all the Cythera chronicles? ^_^ I feel all warm and fuzzy thinking other people actually read our stories. I thought Sely, Tyry, Fiery, Kat and I were the only ones.

#11 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:35 PM

A happy ending? Isn't there some sort of rule against that on this board?

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 06 June 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

"Selax ... owes me that much..."

Is it a bad thing if this line made me laugh?

...but I did post another explanation.

You shouldn't think like that: I'd make sure to give you an unhappy ending in this case :P/>/> .

View PostPallas Athene, on 07 June 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

I already did!

Of course, I also eliminated Adriana, Silverfish, Desert Fox, and Saria, as well as driving one or two other characters crazy and leaving several others on the verge of an epic battle in which all might die.

...what?

Clearly, Avatara has gone mad and has forgotten why moderators are here! Fortunately, I'm able to correct the problem.

Hmm, so what is a good alternative title guaranteed to annoy 453...?
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users