Ambrosia Software Web Board: Boring Cythera Experiments - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Boring Cythera Experiments

#76 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:10 AM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 09 April 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

Conclusions:
To quickly bash open a door, use a blunt object (club, mace, staff, rolling pin, or gauntlets).
Magically enhancing a sword or dagger does not make it more effective against locked doors.
Do not bother trying to bash open a locked door with a spear or a miner's pick.
If you don't want to destroy the door, don't use the gauntlets.

Haha that rolling pin is pretty op

#77 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:54 PM

Indeed. I wonder how one's game would go wielding it as one's weapon.

Interesting that the gauntlets destroy the door and nothing else does. I wonder if they do more damage or have a particular damage type that the other weapons do not.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#78 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:57 PM

Good questions. I think 453 has more tests to conduct. Time to swing that rolling pin around in the name of science.

#79 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:45 AM

If you remember from farther up-thread, the rolling pin does the least damage of all the weapons, so completing the game with just the rolling pin would be a challenge! A challenge I now want to take on...

I'm not sure why gauntlets destroy doors. I know that bashing open a chest with a mace runs a risk of destroying it, too. It does need more experimentation.
I'll become even more undignified than this

#80 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:30 PM

Beating Cythera with only a rolling pin for a weapon is going to be harder than I thought. For one thing, with normal, not-cheating stats, I can't even bash open a door with it ): For another thing, the rolling pin has a habit of getting stuck in my target. For example, say I'm attacking a unicorn. After a few turns the unicorn is now wielding my rolling pin, and I have no weapon ): It would be helpful to replicate many copies of the rolling pin, but one does not gain that spell until relatively late in the game. Fighting demons would also be problematic, but I haven't even gotten far enough for that to come up.

#81 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

lol this is pretty funny tho

#82 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:31 PM

My troubles with the rolling pin continue. I actually got pretty far in my first attempt, but that's because my followers were doing all the fighting. Realizing I was missing the point, I started over. This time no followers, just me and my rolling pin. That's when I kept losing my rolling pin to unicorns.

Is it cheating to use the sapphire book trick in order to gain access to the Replicate spell early in the game? That's what I did. So I have a rolling pin, I have replicate, I'm all set for dozens of rolling pins, right? So I directed nexus to LKH, replicate a crate, drag it to Alaric, fill it with my rolling pin and other assorted booty, and... cannot smash apart the crate with my bare hands. I could see no alternative to inviting Hector into my party, giving him my rolling pin, and shaking him down. This worked, and I got replicated several copies of the rolling pin, but I was disappointed that I had to get a follower to do so. At least I can smash crates now, right? And kill unicorns? No, and no. Apparently I cannot smash a crate with a rolling pin. And the several rolling pins I had on hand weren't enough to effectively hit a unicorn. But I did learn that you can throw a rolling pin short distances. I guess that's kinda cool? There's a probably of the rolling pin disappearing forever though.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users