Ambrosia Software Web Board: (.22 Special)Grapper's Return: - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

(.22 Special)Grapper's Return:

#1 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

Notes: This is an entry for the May Chron Challenge. As fan-fiction fan-fiction, it is endorsed by neither gandreas, the author of Cythera, or Grapper, the author of the original chron, (Introduction)Grapper's Return:.

---

(continued from part twenty-one)

It is a hard life in the goat universe, but as time passes, team Z-WOLF learns to adapt. They sow their goatseeds in summer under the hot goatsun, then harvest the goatwheat and goatatoes in the fall. In the winter they huddle around their goatfires while the goatflakes fall outside, and in the spring they laugh under the goatblossoms while the goatshowers wash the goatfields clean.
Eight goatyears pass. Grapper is no longer the swordsman he once was, but he can harvest an entire field with his goatsickle in just a few minutes, and in the goat universe that is enough.
One day Amelia carries a bundle of goatflax up the horn of the goathill near their hut to make an offering to the goatgoat. As always, the goatgoat is there watching over them and chewing—benevolently or ambivalently, Amelia has never been able to tell. As she places the goatflax at his feet she sighs and says, "sometimes, I just wish I could get home."
The goatgoat stops chewing and stares at her and says, "Why didn't you ask?"
Amelia jumps back. "Would asking do any good? Aren't you just a goat?"
"I'm not a goat. I'm a goatgoat."
"I thought that coming here was the end."
"There are no goatends, only goatbeginnings."
"…but," Amelia says, "if I could go back to the beginning, would I do it differently?"
"Even the smallest change can make the difference," the goatgoat says. "And if not, then when we speak here again, you will be that much wiser."
Amelia clasps her hands. "Alright, then. Please, give us the chance to do it all again."

THE BEGINNING.

(continued in part twenty-three)

This post has been edited by Pallas Athene: 22 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

#2 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:19 AM

Another chapter! :D I was so worried!
I'll become even more undignified than this

#3 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 21 April 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

Another chapter! :D I was so worried!

There was no way the goat universe could constrain the awesomeness of Grapper.
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users