Ambrosia Software Web Board: Party members - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Party members This is totally not the same as IT 000’s old topic

Poll: Party members (4 member(s) have cast votes)

How many party members do you keep?

1. 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. 3 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 5 (3 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

6. 6 (0 votes [0.00%])

7. 7 (0 votes [0.00%])

Which party members do you keep?

1. Yourself (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. Hector (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

3. Meleager (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

4. Timon (3 votes [17.65%])

5. Aethon (3 votes [17.65%])

6. Ariadne (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Dryas (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:25 AM

This is similar to this old topic by IT 000 (who’s birthday was today, everyone go wish him a belated happy birthday on his profile :P). I was just wondering how many party members y’all keep. Myself, I usually keep them all except the mission-related ones. Note that there is no 7 as an option, since you can’t simultaneously have Ariadne and Dryas without hacking. For that matter, you can’t not choose yourself, but why would you do that? :)

#2 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:17 AM

Um, you can absolutely have Ariadne and Dryas at the same time. I've done it a few times, for fun.

I usually don't keep those two because it's inconvenient, but I keep the rest of them. True, they die a lot & that's annoying, but they're good for carrying things around.
I'll become even more undignified than this

#3 User is offline   Seldane 

• PipPip

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

I opened an old save file and apparently did not have any party members on it. But normally I think I usually have them all, minus Aethon whom I got for the first time ever yesterday.

By the way, Gandreas commented about party members on his old board, saying that either you have them all for more help, or you go alone and can keep your food to yourself. :P

#4 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 10 February 2011 - 10:17 AM, said:

Um, you can absolutely have Ariadne and Dryas at the same time. I've done it a few times, for fun.

I usually don't keep those two because it's inconvenient, but I keep the rest of them. True, they die a lot & that's annoying, but they're good for carrying things around.

Yeah, I fixed this. :) Not sure where I got that idea, actually. But aside from them dying, you can’t get very far in the game without completing their missions. I usually just overstuff my inventory using the chest bug, but this can get annoying since you have to drag items over to the chest instead of grabbing them.

I should also add that in more recent games I haven’t bothered to revive my followers when they die, so I’ve mostly been left with none or just Meleager or maybe Hector. Of courses, their corpses are forever burned into the ground unless you move them, so I could revive them any time I want. :P

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy: 10 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

#5 User is offline   Seldane 

• PipPip

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:59 AM

I fully equipped Ariadne with top of the line gear. Then, when she left, and I checked her out, she was still wearing the stuff.

By the way, do we know for sure that there are only seven people that can be in your party? What if there were to be another one somewhere? At least Gandreas has stated that there are only humans that can be in your party.

This post has been edited by Seldane: 11 February 2011 - 02:00 AM

#6 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:23 AM

I think gandreas addressed this a long time ago and stated that the eighth follower slot is just an extra. Feel free to try though. I tried to dig this up but I couldn't find it, I may be wrong.

#7 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:28 AM

I like to keep all of the main followers around Ithat is, Meleager, Hector, Aethon, and Timon) once I have them. They can be a nuisance to feed, but they're not that bad. They help distract some attention from you in combat, which makes it a little easier in large fights.
Wizard

#8 User is offline   TheMuseInYourHead 

• Satu
  • Pip

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:05 PM

is it possible to have all these party members at the same time?

#9 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:08 PM

Yeah, in fact you can might be able to complete the game with all of them, as 453 found a bug that makes Odemia assume that you've rescued Ariadne even if you haven’t—I'm not sure if this applies if she’s in your party though. :P

#10 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:29 AM

I usually play with the traditional four party members and only keep Ariadne or Dryas for as long as it takes to complete the quests involving them. I find they are too weak and uncommunicative to keep around regularly.

That said, I have had a unique party of 8 members before ;) .
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#11 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

I forgot I didn't update this.

I wasn't able to beat the game with Ariadne and Dryas. In my attempt to play through the game without combat, Ariadne did return herself to Odemia. However, at that point it wasn't possible to get her in your party anymore. And Philinus won't even talk to you until she's home, so there's no way to get his pipes.

I could get into the Kosha grotto by using Fetch on the secret door, however, Pelagon wasn't down there. I didn't figure out exactly why, it may be that I need to solve the murder (& thus lose Dryas), or maybe that I need to talk with Sacas about kesh first (which maybe I could have done by entering Odemia before getting Ariadne, but at this point I'd have to lose her to get in).

I tried trapping Ariadne with Runes of Blocking outside the Odemia gate, but she still left my party as soon as I got in ):

#12 User is offline   TheMuseInYourHead 

• Satu
  • Pip

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

I was attempting to have all the party members at once with my new game here
but I'm wondering if I can get Dryas and Aethon without returning Ariadne

anyway, Ariadne is the weakest thing ever so I had her wait while the guys and I went into the polyp infested depths of one of the caves. When I came back for her she was still there but...

all she does is plead for me to take her back to Odemia
no more conversation options so I cant ask her to rejoin the team
nothing else I tried works
she's just standing there 0_o

oops

#13 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

View PostTheMuseInYourHead, on 07 March 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

I was attempting to have all the party members at once with my new game here
but I'm wondering if I can get Dryas and Aethon without returning Ariadne

anyway, Ariadne is the weakest thing ever so I had her wait while the guys and I went into the polyp infested depths of one of the caves. When I came back for her she was still there but...

all she does is plead for me to take her back to Odemia
no more conversation options so I cant ask her to rejoin the team
nothing else I tried works
she's just standing there 0_o

oops

Yeah, 453 discovered this bug too, it's pretty annoying. I guess if you play far enough into the game she'll wind up glitched back into Odemia.

You can get both Dryas and Aethon without returning Ariadne, in fact you can get both without ever finding her. I don't recall how that works though.

#14 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:51 AM

Yes, never ask Ariadne to wait! In my recent playthrough w/ Ariadne and Dryas, I buffed both of them up using Pandora's Box, so they wouldn't die all the time.

You only need to cure the plague to get Aethon; when Halos gossips with you about the kidnapping, it is not necessary that the kidnapping be resolved first. I think Slayer's Guide may say it is necessary, but if it does, that is incorrect. As far as I know, you can get all six followers in any order. Not sure about Meleager though - does he eventually disappear from the bridge if you don't hire him?

#15 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:59 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 08 March 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

Not sure about Meleager though - does he eventually disappear from the bridge if you don't hire him?

I'm not sure about this. My first thought would be that he wouldn't, but then later in the game, Demodocus stands at the spot Meleager used to be. I can only assume that Meleager probably disappears at that point; either that, or Demodocus appears above him or not at all. Maybe they fight for it! ;)
Wizard

#16 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

Demodocus walks back and forth, so he wouldn't cover up Meleager, and I'm pretty sure I've seen them both there before.

#17 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

I don't think I've ever seen both of them there at the same time, but then I typically cross the river a few spaces north to avoid having to load the bridge zone. I did check a savefile I had that was pretty far in the game without Meleager, and he was still on the bridge.

Speaking of two people fighting for the same place, I've always thought it was amusing (though annoying) that Darius and Sardis insist on sitting on the same chair at the Green Goat - leaving the other three chairs at that table empty.

#18 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

Double-post because there's something else I wanted to say which is actually somewhat relevant to the topic.

In my latest game, I entered Odemia with Remote Manipulation before getting Ariadne. I have found that as soon as you leave the zone after interrogating Antiphus, Antiphus drowns (even if I already killed him - oops) and Ariadne is returned home (unless she's in the party). Therefore, since I wanted Ariadne in my party, I had to neglect to interrogate Antiphus until later. I made a point to talk to Philinus, but he was all stressed about his wife.
I then got Ariadne and later crept into Odemia in the dead of night. The gate guard stopped me in front of the already-open gate, greeted me warmly, thanked me for rescuing Ariadne, and closed the gate in my face -_- I had to remotely manipulate it -again- to get in. Philinus was in bed asleep, he did not run up to me, and even when I paraded Ariadne in front of him during the daytime, he did not open up a dialogue window or take her back. So, I'm able to hang out in Odemia without returning Ariadne. Unfortunately, I can't talk to Philinus or he'll take her back, so I still can't get his pipes.

Also, I concluded a while back that Pelagon will not disappear to the grotto until you've completed the "interview Stentor" mission, so I can't think of any way I could beat the game with Dryas present.

I did have an interesting experience with Dryas today. Although I gave him 255 HP, he managed to promptly get killed by Scylla in Tavara's fortress. Because I'm a nice person, I went back & resurrected him. Now Dryas was alive - but he was standing on his own dead body. I got Dryas back in my party and moved him off the body. I tried resurrecting the body, but I was told it wasn't dead! I tried again, and it worked... and then I noticed that the original Dryas had already died again. Now I couldn't resurrect his original body, and his secondary body didn't have any of his equipment. That was okay though, the secondary Dryas died quickly and I was able to resurrect the first one again. I decided to carry around his second body in case he ever needs a spare.

#19 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 25 March 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

The gate guard stopped me in front of the already-open gate, greeted me warmly, thanked me for rescuing Ariadne, and closed the gate in my face -_- I had to remotely manipulate it -again- to get in.

Just talk to him again and ask him about gate or something. He'll open and close it at your whim. :)

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 25 March 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

I did have an interesting experience with Dryas today. Although I gave him 255 HP, he managed to promptly get killed by Scylla in Tavara's fortress. Because I'm a nice person, I went back & resurrected him. Now Dryas was alive - but he was standing on his own dead body. I got Dryas back in my party and moved him off the body. I tried resurrecting the body, but I was told it wasn't dead! I tried again, and it worked... and then I noticed that the original Dryas had already died again. Now I couldn't resurrect his original body, and his secondary body didn't have any of his equipment. That was okay though, the secondary Dryas died quickly and I was able to resurrect the first one again. I decided to carry around his second body in case he ever needs a spare.

Yep, the same thing happens when you replicate corpses. I think the game is trying to set a certain character ID to "alive" and, since there is a copy of him that's alive, it says he's not dead. Kinda like horcruxes again. :P

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy: 25 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users