Ambrosia Software Web Board: Cythera hacking - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cythera hacking

#1 User is offline   Noman 

• Group: Members

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:19 PM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell how to use pandora's box to hack into cythera saved games. I want to give my character 255 training points but I can't figure out how. If anyone can help me that would be great.

Thanks-
Noman

#2 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:42 PM

Welcome to the Cythera forum! ^_^

Have you already downloaded Pandora's Box? If so, open it up. Cythera has to be open too. For "Search in application," select "Cythera." For "Size of search value," select "Byte (+255)." Now in the search box, enter the number of training points you currently have. It should come up with thousands of search results. Leave it there (don't clear the search), and go back to Cythera. You need to change the number of training points you have. If you have a few, use one to train in something. If you had none, you'll need to level up to get more. Once you've changed the number of training points you have, go back to Pandora's Box. Enter your new number of training points into the search box and hit "search again." If you still have several results, go back to Cythera, change the number of training points you have again, and search that new number into Pandora's Box. Once you get only one result, highlight it and click "change value..." Change the value to 255 ^_^

If you don't have Pandora's Box yet, I or someone else can help you find a downloading linky...
I'll become even more undignified than this

#3 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:08 PM

You can also try the ACE! editor (which can be downloaded here). It has a module that enables some editing of Cythera save files, including the number of training points.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#4 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:09 PM

Hello, Noman,

I can't really add anything important to what's been said, but I want to provide you with a few useful links:
Pandora's Box v. 1.1 is available via the Cythera add-ons page (Direct download link)
One of our previous moderators wrote a guide on how to use Pandora's Box which can be read here. Personally, though, I'd stick with BreadWorldMercy's guide.
But if all of that is too confusing, Slayer, the author of the guide linked above, created a character at the very beginning of the game who already has 255 training points (Direct download link)

Also, the add-ons page is here in case you were wondering.

Good luck! smile.gif
Wizard

#5 User is offline   Noman 

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

Thanks everyone! that really helped, I never heard of ace, that makes things a whole lot easier.

#6 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

You're welcome.

Welcome to the Cythera Web Board, by the way smile.gif .
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users