Ambrosia Software Web Board: How to Get a Girlfriend? - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

How to Get a Girlfriend? I've never had one....

#101 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:47 PM

Let's look at my posts in this topic.

View PostPufer, on Oct 17 2008, 09:41 PM, said:

Be confident. Even if you're not, as the saying says, fake it 'til you make it. If you fake it enough at your age, by the time it counts, you'll be fine and getting plenty of action.

-Pufer

Be confident, think of future interests. This is a legit post.

View PostPufer, on Oct 17 2008, 11:27 PM, said:

I might also suggest asking random girls if they'd like to have sex with you. "Hi there! You don't know me, but would you perhaps like to go back to my place and have sex?" If you ever find a girl just shuffling down the street who says yes to that in an American accent (and she doesn't immediately start talking prices), you've found an intriguing prospect. According to studies, exactly 0% of American women actually say yes to such a query. In contrast, around 6% of european women will answer in the affirmative.

Roughly three quarters of American males will automatically answer in the affirmative; a group that I'm too ######ing stupid to be a member of. I was asked exactly once by a random girl in high school if I wanted to go out to the back my truck (I had a camper shell and a nice comfy carpet kit, which she apparently knew about) and ######, in exactly those words. I understood her but my response was still, "What?" She responded, "Never mind." and walked away. It's possible that she was just ######ing with me, but I'll never know.

Therefore, I might also suggest that if anyone ever asks you if you want to ######, automatically say yes. You can always get out of it later if you decide that she's horrifying or it was just some guy propositioning you (and you don't want to give that the old college try), but I think that it's best to not limit your options by saying something stupid like, "What?"

-Pufer

Randomly ask people to ###### you segueing into a random spiel about studies regarding asking random people to ###### you. This is probably not serious, although it could be. Depends on you and the context that you're in. Frankly, I just thought it quite amusing as I wrote it, so that's why I posted it.

If someone asks you to ###### them, say yes as a rule, reserving the right to get out of it later if you decide otherwise. I present it as the moral of an actual story, so this is actual advice.

View PostPufer, on Oct 18 2008, 04:07 PM, said:

You are your own age. If you feel like you want a girlfriend, go for it. Maybe it'll work out, maybe you'll hate it. Who knows. Personally, I'm not real sure what type of relationship would exist between two 14-year-olds (my guess: not much of one - almost certainly not enough of one to warrant the misgivings of everyone else regarding complexity), but don't let that stop you. Live your own life, seize the day, do various other things!

-Pufer

Post directed specifically at you and other advice contained in this topic. Probably serious because it's pretty well serious.

View PostPufer, on Oct 19 2008, 01:10 AM, said:

Erectile dysfunction

-Pufer

This is obviously not serious.

View PostPufer, on Oct 22 2008, 08:49 PM, said:

She's who you should be trying to hook up with. With any kind of luck, you can blackmail her with statutory rape charges in order to force her to hook you up with her sister.

As they say, illegal coercion of close family members is a fine way to start any long-lasting relationship

-Pufer

Do you really think that I'm serious in telling you to screw an 18 year old and then illegally blackmail her into doing something implausible at best? Even if you did think so, the maxim I separated off from the rest of the post should've tipped you off that I wasn't serious.

View PostPufer, on Oct 22 2008, 09:48 PM, said:

How's the road?
Are you getting lots of action out there?
I hope so

I'm at home
Distracting myself with the guitar
And microphones

And when you get home you can
Tie me to the murphy bed
Let's do all the things you said

-Pufer

That would be selected song lyrics to Mirah's Murphy Bed. They have nothing to do with your post, so I'm not sure what you could read into my posting them beyond their being a random segue into something completely different, likely to either be ignored by everyone or send the topic off onto a tangent.

At no point in this topic have I been trying to be an ass, except for comedic effect.

-Pufer
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

#102 User is offline   Captain Zaphod Beeblebrox 

• Knights of the Round
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:53 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize those were song lyrics. Sorry about that.

Now I feel like an ass.... :P
Mein Hut, der hat drei Ecken
Drei Ecken hat mein Hut
Und hat er nicht drei Ecken
Dann ist es nicht mein Hut

#103 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:34 AM

Well then you shouldn't have messed with The Pufer. Better men than you have tried and failed...
"My friends tell me that I refuse to grow up, but I know they're just jealous because they don't have pajamas with feet."
-- Tom Sims

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

#104 User is offline   undead_shadow 

• Time flies like an arrow Fruit flies like a banana
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:27 AM

View PostCaptain Zaphod Beeblebrox, on Oct 22 2008, 08:08 PM, said:

Oh, I'm only taking German because I'm interested in it. I've got my own personal psychologist helping me with anger.

Or at least she should be a psychologist. She's only a Senior at my school and just happens to be the sister of the girl I love.

How's this make her a psychologist?

View PostLektor, on Oct 23 2008, 03:34 AM, said:

Well then you shouldn't have messed with The Pufer. Better men than you have tried and failed...

But as for the women... :P
You are what you are but you don't wanna be

#105 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:49 AM

As for the women, well, we've all heard the stories...
"My friends tell me that I refuse to grow up, but I know they're just jealous because they don't have pajamas with feet."
-- Tom Sims

#106 User is offline   ephrin 

• Delicious hawtness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:10 PM

View PostSundered Angel, on Oct 21 2008, 04:41 PM, said:

While a very nice theory, have you been witness to the successful application of this philosophy? Because I know a lot of people who've endeavoured to live it, and not one who's actually succeeded in doing so.

It's a bit anecdotal, but I'd offer myself as an example. I've had several relationships that were merely based on physical interactions, and neither of us got emotionally hurt. It really all depends on the person, and on effective communication.
Ring-ding-diddle-iddle oh dee oh, ring-ding-diddle ee eye oh,
Oh, I don't know where you've been lad but I see you've won first place.
Admiral of the B&B Navy

#107 User is offline   Sundered Angel 

• Invigilator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:06 PM

View PostCaptain Zaphod Beeblebrox, on Oct 23 2008, 04:53 AM, said:

Sorry, I didn't realize those were song lyrics. Sorry about that.

Now I feel like an ass.... :P

Don't worry about it. Pufer's brand of humour can be extremely dry at times - it can routinely fly over the head of even sophisticated adults.

View Postephrin, on Oct 23 2008, 06:10 PM, said:

It's a bit anecdotal, but I'd offer myself as an example. I've had several relationships that were merely based on physical interactions, and neither of us got emotionally hurt. It really all depends on the person, and on effective communication.

Out of curiosity, was there any established friendship/respect in play before the physical interactions occurred? Or was the physical interaction the initiating impetus in the social connection?
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

#108 User is offline   Sponge Tom 

• Brick s###house
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:04 PM

What the holy poop on a stick with cheese and a firecracker stuck in it. You guys are having a serious discussion with a somewhat constant subject.

You know which board you're in, right?
><>

I shat a bottle of rope.

#109 User is offline   JacaByte 

• Tujuh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, so stop trying to stop us. :P

Anyways, I've started questioning the purpose of these relationships in general. If 99.9% of the time they end with heart break, then what's the point? Logic dictates that you shouldn't hurt yourself, yet we do otherwise. Sure, we often end up with having about 5 months of fun, but is it worth it?

Discuss.

#110 User is offline   adam_0 

• Bi-winning
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

View PostJacaByte, on Oct 23 2008, 06:31 PM, said:

Anyways, I've started questioning the purpose of these relationships in general. If 99.9% of the time they end with heart break, then what's the point? Logic dictates that you shouldn't hurt yourself, yet we do otherwise. Sure, we often end up with having about 5 months of fun, but is it worth it?

Growth, because she's nice / hot, because you want one, etc?

I don't see why you're arguing against this.
... my other ride is an Ishiman Heavy Cruiser.

(x)enos. Awesome in a can. Without the can, though.

#111 User is offline   Rickton 

• Organ Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:54 PM

View PostJacaByte, on Oct 23 2008, 09:31 PM, said:

Discuss.

HOT STEAMY KINKY SEX.
Currently making Possession 2, a game where you play as a ghost and possess your enemies.

#112 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:18 PM

Thus spaketh the Lord, and, as He looked down upon it, He knew it was good.

-Pufer
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

#113 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:30 AM

on the seventh day the lord sat back and admired his work, with a simple and proud, "I'd tap that".
-- Tom Sims

#114 User is offline   Jeremiah 

• Dissonant
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:09 AM

God realised he is a figment of the human race's imagination and disappeared in a POOF of yellow smoke.
Evility is Reality.

"There's only two types of music; Good and Bad."

Radio Paradise

#115 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:54 AM

At least use a Douglas Adams quote when making such a comment...
-- Tom Sims

#116 User is offline   Vell-os 

• Delicious Brown Boy
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:16 AM

View PostJeremiah, on Oct 24 2008, 08:09 PM, said:

God realised he is a figment of the human race's imagination and disappeared in a puff of logic.

Fixed.
"If anyone tells you darkness is a bad thing, they've obviously never tried Guinness."

#117 User is offline   Captain Zaphod Beeblebrox 

• Knights of the Round
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

View PostSponge Tom, on Oct 23 2008, 05:04 PM, said:

What the holy poop on a stick with cheese and a firecracker stuck in it. You guys are having a serious discussion with a somewhat constant subject.

You know which board you're in, right?

You make an extremely good point, but I think it's because I keep (accidentally) snapping it back in gear. Like this.

View PostJacaByte, on Oct 23 2008, 05:31 PM, said:

Discuss.

If 99.9% of relationships end up in heartbreak, I'm among the .01%. I wouldn't let something like a relationship wreak havoc on my system. That'd just be plain stupid.
Drei Ecken hat mein Hut

#118 User is offline   ephrin 

• Delicious hawtness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

View PostSundered Angel, on Oct 23 2008, 05:06 PM, said:

Out of curiosity, was there any established friendship/respect in play before the physical interactions occurred? Or was the physical interaction the initiating impetus in the social connection?

Now that I think about it, there's almost always a friendship there first (I only include the "almost always" because my memory is so bad). Now, this applies to most of my sexual interactions, whether "friends with benefits" or girlfriends. The percentage of my sexual encounters that could be considered "one night stands" are extremely low.
Admiral of the B&B Navy

#119 User is offline   adam_0 

• Bi-winning
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:38 PM

View PostCaptain Zaphod Beeblebrox, on Oct 24 2008, 04:44 PM, said:

If 99.9% of relationships end up in heartbreak, I'm among the .01%. I wouldn't let something like a relationship wreak havoc on my system. That'd just be plain stupid.

You say that, but you don't know what you mean. I, in my youth and stupidity, felt that I was going to stay with my first girlfriend all through high school and college and marry her after that. I broke up with her after 3 months, for very good reasons which I will not go into.
... my other ride is an Ishiman Heavy Cruiser.

(x)enos. Awesome in a can. Without the can, though.

#120 User is offline   lemonyscapegoat 

• Batwhale!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:16 PM

View PostCaptain Zaphod Beeblebrox, on Oct 24 2008, 07:44 PM, said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahaha

ha

haha.

It doesn't work like that at all.
I guess so.

#121 User is offline   Captain Zaphod Beeblebrox 

• Knights of the Round
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:20 AM

View PostRebelious, on Oct 24 2008, 05:38 PM, said:

You say that, but you don't know what you mean. I, in my youth and stupidity, felt that I was going to stay with my first girlfriend all through high school and college and marry her after that. I broke up with her after 3 months, for very good reasons which I will not go into.

I never actually thought I would last for more than a couple months when I get a girlfriend. (I actually even imagined myself finding her kissing someone else, me saying "We're through" without emotion, walking off, her shrugging, and then kissing again.)

View Postlemonyscapegoat, on Oct 24 2008, 07:16 PM, said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Hahaha

ha

haha.

It doesn't work like that at all.

Well, everybody's different, and there's only one way to find out for my personality.

Experience Break-up.

Gotta get a girlfriend first, though.
Drei Ecken hat mein Hut

#122 User is offline   Sundered Angel 

• Invigilator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:39 AM

View Postephrin, on Oct 25 2008, 12:56 AM, said:

Now that I think about it, there's almost always a friendship there first (I only include the "almost always" because my memory is so bad). Now, this applies to most of my sexual interactions, whether "friends with benefits" or girlfriends. The percentage of my sexual encounters that could be considered "one night stands" are extremely low.

See, there's the thing. If there's some existing friendship there, some respect on which to build, the relationship isn't "all about sex". Sex may be the major component, but there's something else there. Sex for the sake of sex, on the other hand, rarely works out.

View PostCaptain Zaphod Beeblebrox, on Oct 25 2008, 05:20 AM, said:

I never actually thought I would last for more than a couple months when I get a girlfriend. (I actually even imagined myself finding her kissing someone else, me saying "We're through" without emotion, walking off, her shrugging, and then kissing again.)
Well, everybody's different, and there's only one way to find out for my personality.

Experience Break-up.

Gotta get a girlfriend first, though.

Right. It's all very well listening to people "tell you how it is", but until you've actually seen how it is yourself, that advice is unlikely to really sink in. And who knows? Maybe you will be one of those lucky few who stumble across their soulmate early in life and do the happily ever after thing.

If you take things a step at the time, keeping in mind both the possibility of forever, and the possibility of not, then your relationship, and life, will be healthier for it.
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

#123 User is offline   ephrin 

• Delicious hawtness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:21 PM

View PostSundered Angel, on Oct 25 2008, 12:39 AM, said:

See, there's the thing. If there's some existing friendship there, some respect on which to build, the relationship isn't "all about sex". Sex may be the major component, but there's something else there. Sex for the sake of sex, on the other hand, rarely works out.

I guess I misunderstood your meaning then, because I would consider a "sex with benefits" relationship to be the definition of "all about sex." I'm friendly (and friends) with just about everyone, regardless of how long I've known them or what have you. Thus, the people I sleep with are either a girlfriend, or just a friend that I "bump uglies" with. Thus, the only differentiation between that girl and any of the other girls I know, is the sex. Therefore, the relationship is "all about sex."
Admiral of the B&B Navy

#124 User is offline   Jeremiah 

• Dissonant
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:54 AM

View Postephrin, on Oct 25 2008, 05:21 PM, said:

I guess I misunderstood your meaning then, because I would consider a "sex with benefits" relationship to be the definition of "all about sex." I'm friendly (and friends) with just about everyone, regardless of how long I've known them or what have you. Thus, the people I sleep with are either a girlfriend, or just a friend that I "bump uglies" with. Thus, the only differentiation between that girl and any of the other girls I know, is the sex. Therefore, the relationship is "all about sex."

*Adultery Alert*

:P
Evility is Reality.

"There's only two types of music; Good and Bad."

Radio Paradise

#125 User is offline   ephrin 

• Delicious hawtness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:37 AM

I suppose I'll also add that those days are behind me now. :P
Admiral of the B&B Navy

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users