Ambrosia Software Web Board: How to Get a Girlfriend? - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

How to Get a Girlfriend? I've never had one....

#1 User is offline   Captain Zaphod Beeblebrox 

• Knights of the Round
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:47 PM

Hey, I've never had a girlfriend in my life, so does anyone have any suggestions? I would really appreciate it.

And if this belongs in a different place, so be it.
Mein Hut, der hat drei Ecken
Drei Ecken hat mein Hut
Und hat er nicht drei Ecken
Dann ist es nicht mein Hut

#2 User is offline   lemonyscapegoat 

• Batwhale!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:49 PM

Don't.

Girls are absolutely ######ing awful.
I guess so.

#3 User is offline   Mackilroy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:01 PM

It really varies based on the girl. No two girls are exactly alike, and therefore, if you're going to pursue a girl it will vary (perhaps slightly, perhaps a great deal) from girl to girl.

And how old are you? 13? 14? Don't worry about girls at your age, there's plenty of time left. :P
At last he came to a door, with these words in glowing emeralds: THE END OF THE WORLD. He did not hesitate. He opened the door and stepped through.

#4 User is offline   Sniper Kitty 

• Tiga
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:02 PM

If you hit forty though, you need to make a movie.

This post has been edited by Sniper Kitty: 17 October 2008 - 10:05 PM

Words are cheap; so I'm just giving mine away.

"Search for invisible traps pookie!" -ufr

#5 User is offline   Captain Zaphod Beeblebrox 

• Knights of the Round
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:07 PM

I've heard girls are pretty bad.

And being as I'm 14, I guess I could wait a bit.

Although I would really like to know from experience why girls are so ****ing awful.
Drei Ecken hat mein Hut

#6 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:41 PM

Be confident. Even if you're not, as the saying says, fake it 'til you make it. If you fake it enough at your age, by the time it counts, you'll be fine and getting plenty of action.

-Pufer
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

#7 User is offline   JacaByte 

• Tujuh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:43 PM

You know when you see a girl who you can only describe as being an angel, get that little tug in your heart, and you go after her only to be pushed back? When you suddenly get weaker because of love lost? When you lose a part of yourself you never knew you had? Then you'll know why girls are awful little devils.

Oh boy... And who am I? A hopeless romantic who realized that love at first sight was possible, was willing to pursue that love to the ends of the Earth and was scathed for it, that's who. You're better off abstaining from getting a girlfriend until you see a girl who you think you'd be truly happy with, and you know what it means to say "I love you." If she's not interested, we can start a "Bachelors for Life" club.

#8 User is offline   zamzx zik 

• Black man in the White house
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:16 PM

Zaphod, if you need to ask how to get a girlfriend, you don't need a girlfriend.

If worse comes to worse, your question will be "How do I get her to be my girlfriend?"

But really, when the time comes, you'll know what to do.
Have I reached the stupid quota?

#9 User is offline   Rickton 

• Organ Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:28 PM

Step one is most definitely not "ask strangers on the Internet about it."
Currently making Possession 2, a game where you play as a ghost and possess your enemies.

#10 User is offline   Mispeled 

• *facepalm*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:58 PM

My advice - don't try to get a girlfriend, just try to be friends with a few girls. I was in a similar place to you a few years ago - virtually zero experience whatsoever with girls. Trust me, you do not want to jump in and try to get into a relationship before you've got a few female friends to talk to and fall back on.
Pending News > VXI

#11 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:27 AM

I might also suggest asking random girls if they'd like to have sex with you. "Hi there! You don't know me, but would you perhaps like to go back to my place and have sex?" If you ever find a girl just shuffling down the street who says yes to that in an American accent (and she doesn't immediately start talking prices), you've found an intriguing prospect. According to studies, exactly 0% of American women actually say yes to such a query. In contrast, around 6% of european women will answer in the affirmative.

Roughly three quarters of American males will automatically answer in the affirmative; a group that I'm too ######ing stupid to be a member of. I was asked exactly once by a random girl in high school if I wanted to go out to the back my truck (I had a camper shell and a nice comfy carpet kit, which she apparently knew about) and ######, in exactly those words. I understood her but my response was still, "What?" She responded, "Never mind." and walked away. It's possible that she was just ######ing with me, but I'll never know.

Therefore, I might also suggest that if anyone ever asks you if you want to ######, automatically say yes. You can always get out of it later if you decide that she's horrifying or it was just some guy propositioning you (and you don't want to give that the old college try), but I think that it's best to not limit your options by saying something stupid like, "What?"

-Pufer
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

#12 User is offline   Captain Zaphod Beeblebrox 

• Knights of the Round
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:12 AM

View PostPufer, on Oct 17 2008, 07:41 PM, said:

Be confident. Even if you're not, as the saying says, fake it 'til you make it. If you fake it enough at your age, by the time it counts, you'll be fine and getting plenty of action.

-Pufer

I used to be confident, until that confidence nearly eliminated my friendship with her. When I finally gave up and stopped talking to her, she started talking to me. I'm thinking you don't necessarily need confidence until you ask her out, which I did. Her tone indicated she may like me, but is not sure because she doesn't know me well.

View PostJacaByte, on Oct 17 2008, 07:43 PM, said:

You know when you see a girl who you can only describe as being an angel, get that little tug in your heart, and you go after her only to be pushed back? When you suddenly get weaker because of love lost? When you lose a part of yourself you never knew you had? Then you'll know why girls are awful little devils.

Oh boy... And who am I? A hopeless romantic who realized that love at first sight was possible, was willing to pursue that love to the ends of the Earth and was scathed for it, that's who. You're better off abstaining from getting a girlfriend until you see a girl who you think you'd be truly happy with, and you know what it means to say "I love you." If she's not interested, we can start a "Bachelors for Life" club.

You know, I think I know pretty much everything about this girl, and just by observing her actions on a bad day, I can tell why she's having a bad day.
And I've noticed when we talk, we're pretty much exactly the same, aside from gender. But, of course, she doesn't know me very well, so she doesn't know we're alike.

View PostRickton, on Oct 17 2008, 08:28 PM, said:

Step one is most definitely not "ask strangers on the Internet about it."

I'm kind of stupid about these things.... :P

View PostMispeled, on Oct 17 2008, 08:58 PM, said:

My advice - don't try to get a girlfriend, just try to be friends with a few girls. I was in a similar place to you a few years ago - virtually zero experience whatsoever with girls. Trust me, you do not want to jump in and try to get into a relationship before you've got a few female friends to talk to and fall back on.

The only girls I ever befriended were so ######ing annoying I left them for guys about a year after I met them. Besides, I usually just treat everyone like people. I don't separate genders and act accordingly. People are people in my eyes.
Drei Ecken hat mein Hut

#13 User is offline   Sniper Kitty 

• Tiga
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:27 AM

View PostCaptain Zaphod Beeblebrox, on Oct 18 2008, 01:12 AM, said:

I don't separate genders and act accordingly. People are people in my eyes.

So this topic could be "How to get a Girlfriend Non-gender specific life partner"?
Words are cheap; so I'm just giving mine away.

"Search for invisible traps pookie!" -ufr

#14 User is offline   JacaByte 

• Tujuh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:30 AM

View PostCaptain Zaphod Beeblebrox, on Oct 18 2008, 12:12 AM, said:

You know, I think I know pretty much everything about this girl, and just by observing her actions on a bad day, I can tell why she's having a bad day.
And I've noticed when we talk, we're pretty much exactly the same, aside from gender. But, of course, she doesn't know me very well, so she doesn't know we're alike.

I can tell you if anybody is having a bad day just by looking at them. They don't have to be close friends; such down-in-the-dirt feelings are universally understood.

She knows a lot more than you think she does. Trust me, she does. Don't underestimate her. Don't overestimate her either, for that matter. They don't like that for some reason...

#15 User is offline   prophile 

• A Sad Panda
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:32 AM

You'll get a much better deal on eBay than high street prices.
"I'm against human cloning. Also against identical twins." -mrxak

"We don't live to work. We live to live, work is just something that we have to do to live." -Chamrin

#16 User is offline   dude3 

• Ehhhhh...no?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:48 AM

Girls love poetry. For reason, though, the limerick doesn't seem to do it for them.
"For a writing to be a writing it must continue to 'act' and to be readable even when what is called the author of the writing no longer answers for what he has written..."

Jacques Derrida, "Signature Event Context"

#17 User is offline   Rickton 

• Organ Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:09 AM

View PostCaptain Zaphod Beeblebrox, on Oct 18 2008, 02:12 AM, said:

And I've noticed when we talk, we're pretty much exactly the same, aside from gender.

Eh, going out with someone exactly the same as you doesn't work that well.
Or, well, it didn't work for me, but I'm a pessimistic, bitter misanthrope so the two of us together was just like a black hole of apocalyptic angst.
Your mileage may vary based upon your own life outlook and personality.

But, of course, she doesn't know me very well, so she doesn't know we're alike.

You know everything about her, but she doesn't know much about you?
Stalker.

The only girls I ever befriended were so ######ing annoying I left them for guys about a year after I met them. Besides, I usually just treat everyone like people. I don't separate genders and act accordingly. People are people in my eyes.

Well then the answer is clear, just date guys instead. Or, if it goes the other way, be asexual and try to beat this lady's record.

View Postdude3, on Oct 18 2008, 11:48 AM, said:

Girls love poetry. For reason, though, the limerick doesn't seem to do it for them.

Definitely read that as "girls love poverty."
But do they love impoverished poets, is the question.

(Answer:
Spoiler
)
Currently making Possession 2, a game where you play as a ghost and possess your enemies.

#18 User is offline   Solid 

• I am a kitten =^.^= (formerly 3vil L337)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:That great American plain of funtionalist salvation

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:18 AM

Don't even think about it until you're at LEAST 16. Trust me, you've got your whole life to wallow in that bullcrap, no need to rush into one of life's biggest complications.
[1:50] anti: " Don't forget the sunglasses, its like a gun on your face"
/Fiesta Grande\

#19 User is offline   Ashen-Shugar 

• Rescue Toaster
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:10 PM

You're probably better off not worrying about it until you get to college. Girlfriends can be nice, but they're not worth the time and effort at that age.

#20 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

You are your own age. If you feel like you want a girlfriend, go for it. Maybe it'll work out, maybe you'll hate it. Who knows. Personally, I'm not real sure what type of relationship would exist between two 14-year-olds (my guess: not much of one - almost certainly not enough of one to warrant the misgivings of everyone else regarding complexity), but don't let that stop you. Live your own life, seize the day, do various other things!

-Pufer

#21 User is offline   Shlimazel 

• Enam
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:23 PM

You came to the internet for advice on your love life?

I feel very sad for you, my friend. Very.

Well then the answer is clear, just date guys instead.

This is logical enough.

#22 User is offline   zamzx zik 

• Black man in the White house
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:25 PM

"Take chances, Make mistakes, Get messy!*"

* Interpret that as you will.
Have I reached the stupid quota?

#23 User is offline   Captain Zaphod Beeblebrox 

• Knights of the Round
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

View PostSniper Kitty, on Oct 17 2008, 10:27 PM, said:

So this topic could be "How to get a Girlfriend Non-gender specific life partner"?

I never thought of that....

View PostJacaByte, on Oct 18 2008, 06:30 AM, said:

She knows a lot more than you think she does. Trust me, she does. Don't underestimate her. Don't overestimate her either, for that matter. They don't like that for some reason...

Maybe, it's because they feel stressed about how much you expect them to know. I dunno, it'd be interesting to find out.

View Postdude3, on Oct 18 2008, 07:48 AM, said:

That'll be tough. 'Cause I hate poetry. Plus, I don't know of any good poetry in the first place.

View PostPufer, on Oct 18 2008, 02:07 PM, said:

You are your own age. If you feel like you want a girlfriend, go for it. Maybe it'll work out, maybe you'll hate it. Who knows. Personally, I'm not real sure what type of relationship would exist between two 14-year-olds (my guess: not much of one - almost certainly not enough of one to warrant the misgivings of everyone else regarding complexity), but don't let that stop you. Live your own life, seize the day, do various other things!

-Pufer

Using this as a backup to a post posted earlier in this topic, I think it would actually be a good idea to take it slow, and get a good friendship going.

View PostShlimazel, on Oct 18 2008, 02:23 PM, said:

You came to the internet for advice on your love life?

I feel very sad for you, my friend. Very.

I know, it is pretty sad pathetic.

View Postzamzx zik, on Oct 18 2008, 02:25 PM, said:

"Take chances, Make mistakes, Get messy!*"
* Interpret that as you will.

1st interpretation: I have taken quite a few chances in the past, most of which were mistakes, and that messed up our friendship for a while there.

2nd interpretation: She's not into any of that sex stuff. 50% of those chances stated above is the reason I know that.

3rd interpretation: That's the only way to eventually be able to throw spaghetti (sauce included) 10 feet in the air and catch all of it in your mouth.
Drei Ecken hat mein Hut

#24 User is offline   kingofvwcosmos 

• Tiga
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:13 PM

View PostCaptain Zaphod Beeblebrox, on Oct 18 2008, 06:04 PM, said:

That'll be tough. 'Cause I hate poetry. Plus, I don't know of any good poetry in the first place.

First, develop a liking for poetry. Read some Poe or something. Next, If you know her well enough and talk on MSN or whatever, just make up random and romantic poetry. Eventually it will get ridiculous and she'll start laughing at your poem and she'll like you more. :P

#25 User is offline   Vell-os 

• Delicious Brown Boy
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:31 PM

Whatever you do, don't do it in the way I have.

Picture this.

You meet this girl. Things develop strangely. She wants to love you, but she can't. Her friends begin berating you both, she flips out at them, she attempts to kill herself, fails, and she and all her friends blame you. But she still is trying to love you.

JUST DON'T STICK AROUND LIKE I HAVE.

It doesn't get better.
"If anyone tells you darkness is a bad thing, they've obviously never tried Guinness."

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users