• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Two TSs? What should the plot be for...

#1 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:11 PM

To be honest, in this post, I was actually asking about the TS that would run after "The Tree of Life," assuming that people still want to do two. Avatara pointed out that discussing both in Pippin's topic might create confusion; hence, the creation of this topic.

First, do people want to try running two TSs?
Second, if so, what should the plot of the TS that follows "The Tree of Life" be?

I have only a few random ideas on this one—one of which involves a flood, another involves a takeoff of Terminator, etc. (note that I said they were random :P ).
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#2 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:39 PM

This topic has 96 views and no replies?
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#3 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:04 AM

I'm not sure how to answer. If both TS's have an interesting enough plot, then I'd be more inspired to work on two at once.

#4 User is offline   TheMuseInYourHead 

• Satu
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:23 AM

terminator?

Cythera...terminator?

*tilts head and ponders*

interesting...

elaborate?

btw
[this is NOT me being a smartass, I love terminator, I was just wondering how it could be incorporated into a Cythera story XD]

#5 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

See, I would have been a smartass, but now I'm curious.

I'm with Muse here, I'd love to read the rundown on this particular cross-FF.
"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P
"You know what? That milk was good. I don't care if that horse was on steroids."
- Melo, after drinking a glass of Nesquick.
A message for Gray Shirt Ninja: RAAAAAAARRRGGH!

#6 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:39 AM

Well, it has since been pointed out to me that the idea might end up being a parody and something similar has been done before, but here goes.

The game clearly indicates that the Undine have some sort of affinity with time, although I can't say that I understand its exact nature.
Using this ability, the Undine send a "terminator" (possibly just an Undine, some sort of super-Undine, or some sort of super golem) back in time to kill Alaric.
The group must travel back and protect him. (One twist to this would be that the group is being chased, rather than doing the chasing.)

I can't say that I know how good it would be. It was just a random idea, probably inspired by the fact that I recently rewatched the movies.

I'm somewhat disappointed. It seems that people are reluctant to contribute their ideas for future TSs :P .

Selax

#7 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

I've been wondering what would happen if all the characters (even the enemies) were just normal people with just low-mid skills in fighting.

I'm taking a history course this semester and I recently began reading about the revolution (all of it). The main meeting plave for the patriots were taverns. There they would discuss politics and plans.
Maybe we could have something like that situation, where there's an opressive force on the town or city and a resistence starts to form. Making all this in the Cythera world would be very interesting to me.

#8 User is offline   TheMuseInYourHead 

• Satu
  • Pip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

View PostSelax, on Mar 13 2008, 01:39 AM, said:

Well, it has since been pointed out to me that the idea might end up being a parody and something similar has been done before, but here goes.

The game clearly indicates that the Undine have some sort of affinity with time, although I can't say that I understand its exact nature.
Using this ability, the Undine send a "terminator" (possibly just an Undine, some sort of super-Undine, or some sort of super golem) back in time to kill Alaric.
The group must travel back and protect him. (One twist to this would be that the group is being chased, rather than doing the chasing.)

I can't say that I know how good it would be. It was just a random idea, probably inspired by the fact that I recently rewatched the movies.
I'm somewhat disappointed. It seems that people are reluctant to contribute their ideas for future TSs ;) .

oooooh

interesting :P
I think that would be fun to do

Judgment Day was my FAVORITE movie ever when I was younger. As soon as it came out and for quite a few years. I saw the first Terminator like once and haven't bothered to see the 3rd. I heard it's nothing special.

#9 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:08 PM

View PostTwo Jacks, on Mar 19 2008, 02:38 PM, said:

I've been wondering what would happen if all the characters (even the enemies) were just normal people with just low-mid skills in fighting.

I'm taking a history course this semester and I recently began reading about the revolution (all of it). The main meeting plave for the patriots were taverns. There they would discuss politics and plans.
Maybe we could have something like that situation, where there's an opressive force on the town or city and a resistence starts to form. Making all this in the Cythera world would be very interesting to me.

Actually, we tried a TS that would have involved politics, a war between mages and non-mages, "witch hunts," and several other ideas that I forget. Everyone disappeared and the topic took about a year to grind slowly to an end: the ill-fated Witch Hunt. (To be honest, I consider this to be the worst TS that I have participated in, largely because of its semi-death.)

I suppose something like it might be worth another try if enough people are interested and participate.

View PostTheMuseInYourHead, on Mar 20 2008, 04:38 PM, said:

oooooh

interesting :P
I think that would be fun to do
Judgment Day was my FAVORITE movie ever when I was younger. As soon as it came out and for quite a few years. I saw the first Terminator like once and haven't bothered to see the 3rd. I heard it's nothing special.

Well, I think it could be fun, although it does run the risk of becoming just a parody. To be honest, I'd really be happy if more people were proposing ideas.

(Somewhat off-topic, but I enjoy Terminator 3 more than I do Terminator, although I agree that Terminator 2 was the best.)

Another random idea involves the actual members finding themselves in the TS-verse among the games characters and those they themselves have created. (It has been pointed out to me that this idea would probably be better off outside the official continuity, however.)

It looks to me as if not very many people are interested in participating in TSs right, and I fear the number will only drop unless one or more is started soon.

Selax

#10 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:06 AM

I think that we should try two TSs as long as we get enough people back to run two.

So far, I like the sound of your Terminator-esque idea, and it looks like several others do too. I'm in support of this as the next TS to be run in the normal timeline. And on the matter of the Terminator series, I agree with Selax in that I found T3 significantly more enjoyable than T1. It is an excellent movie, but, yes, Judgement Day is the best of the trilogy.
Wizard

#11 User is offline   TheMuseInYourHead 

• Satu
  • Pip

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:43 PM

View PostSelax, on Mar 21 2008, 04:08 PM, said:

Another random idea involves the actual members finding themselves in the TS-verse among the games characters and those they themselves have created. (It has been pointed out to me that this idea would probably be better off outside the official continuity, however.)

this would be interesting
it would be funny if the players could somehow use their hacking skills to cheat, creating mass confusion to the little cythera people.

P.S.

T2 FTW!!! :P

This post has been edited by TheMuseInYourHead: 26 March 2008 - 03:43 PM

#12 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:16 AM

Hmm, it seems that the only support so far is for the Terminator-style TS (even though it might end up being something of a parody). Personally, I'm fine with just about any plot, so I'm willing to try this one. However, I would like more people to voice their opinions or to agree to join next TS.

By the way, I'll probably only be able to start a TS early next week or late the week after that, so (unless someone else wants to start this one), it would probably start either in a few days or about a week and a half. Exactly when depends on how many people are interested, how soon they express their interest, and when they would like it to start.

In addition, should this next TS be started concurrently with Pippin's? Or should it just be started regardless?

Selax

#13 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:48 AM

Sounds like the next TS will be the Terminator-style one, then. Concerning the start time, I think we should begin this one anytime, regardless of the time Pippin's starts, as soon as we feel we have enough people participating.

Since we don't have a list so far, I'm gonna start one.

Selax
TheMuse
Two Jacks
Wizard
CrazyChick (Possibly)
It would be nice if several others such as BreadWorld, Jehezekel, and Rythan joined.

This post has been edited by The Wizard: 01 April 2008 - 11:56 PM

Wizard

#14 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:08 AM

Yes, I'm here for definite.
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#15 User is offline   kickme 

• Tiga
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:28 AM

I might join in, if I understand it, and aren't overcome with other stuff
Programming is the eternal struggle between coders, creating better, idiot-proof programs and the universe, creating better idiots.
So far, the universe is winning

LotGD Development Server

#16 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:01 PM

Updated list:

Selax
TheMuse
Two Jacks
CrazyChick
kickme
Wizard

On a side note: I love the wide variety of smilies that we have today! :P

This post has been edited by The Wizard: 01 April 2008 - 11:56 PM

Wizard

#17 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:38 PM

Hey Wizard... There's a space between "Two" and "Jacks", you know that right? :P

#18 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:10 AM

*gasp* Two Jacks, are you sure you have only one user account? When I was first making that list, I distinctly remembered to check your name to see if it was two words or one. . . oh well, my eyes must have tricked me. I've fixed it in both posts.

:P That's so funny, because as I was making the list the second time, I was surprised by the number of users who had a one-word name for two words.
Wizard

#19 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

Hmm, suppose that I might as well go ahead and try starting this TS on Saturday, although I must admit I'd prefer to have more people signed up and voicing their input.

Selax

#20 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:26 AM

My apologies, I had meant to start this Saturday, but I turned out to be busier than I had expected.

The most probable starting time now is late Tuesday or sometime Wednesday.

Selax

#21 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:27 AM

Don't worry about people showing up, "If you build it, they will come.".

Edit: I'm not making a new character untill I know the new plot. It would be dumb if I make a character with little relevance to the plot.

BTW: I won't be posting any new posts untill champion makes his post number 7,777. (4x luck multiplier!)

This post has been edited by Two Jacks: 07 April 2008 - 03:59 PM

#22 User is offline   TheMuseInYourHead 

• Satu
  • Pip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:47 PM

OK so what are we doing here?

making new characters?

should I be on the lookout for new character profiles on the character info thread?

[it helps me to see other characters' profiles before I make my own, that way I can make sure mine isn't too similar to anyone else's cuz that's no fun :P ]

#23 User is offline   zamzx zik 

• Black man in the White house
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:07 PM

I was thinking about doing the TS. I'll keep an eye on character creation and give it a shot.

This post has been edited by zamzx zik: 08 April 2008 - 10:07 PM

Have I reached the stupid quota?

#24 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:52 AM

Muse, I may be mistaken, but I think you're thinking about the wrong TS. This TS is set in the "regular" time using our usual characters. The TS being discussed in Pippin's topic is the one set in a different time period and for which people plan to make new characters. (Of course, if you wish, you may make a new one for this one as well :P .)

By the way, I will start this TS sometime today, so if you are interested in joining just keep an eye on the board.

Selax

#25 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

Posted Image
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users