>.>

<.<

until we get somewherez XD

#27 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:45 AM

Hmm, well, I haven't gone to bed yet, so I could start the TS tonight and call it Thursday. Alternatively, I could postpone it until tomorrow. At the moment, I'm uncertain which course to take. I dislike constantly pushing the date back, and I also don't wish to start it in a rush at a time when few people are around. However, if I keep pushing it back, people will doubt that I ever will start it.

I could post a leadin in the Tavern to draw people's attention and start it tomorrow, but I think the leadin will be brief enough that there might not be a point to that.

I think that I'll take a risk and start it tonight. That way, people will have all day tomorrow to notice it and join.

EDIT:
Never mind, I just posted the lead-in tonight. I will start the TS tomorrow.

The only TS that seems to have any support is the "Terminator" one, so I'll probably go with that.

Here are my thoughts: the group will journey to Odemia (I will explain why in my Tavern post) in the space of five to ten posts (giving people a chance to join) and then I'll post the event that throws them back in time.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#28 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

Both TSes have support, the only one with a plot is the Terminator one. Just start the TS topic and worry about people joining when its up, there's enough people constantly saying they're lurking to not worry about it being barren.
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#29 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

Actually, I meant that the only TS-plot for the regular TS with any support is the Terminator one. Apologies for the vagueness of my statement.

That said, I'll start the TS later today, after I finish a couple of other things I have to do.

Selax

#30 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:39 AM

Where is everybody?

Selax

#31 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:48 AM

I feel the plot is lacking enough direction. I know that my character Yomu would not be suited for this TS, so I've decided to make a past character they meet once the group has traveled back in time.

Now that I think about it, I think we agreed to not send any of our regular characters back in time and that our regular characters would send normal people back in time. Still, even with this I'd like to try at making a past character. Anything key that sould be known about the past compared to our current time? Weapons? Magic? All that.

I think a general statement of what this TS is should be made.

PS: Post number 777! Jackpot!
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:08 AM

You have this TS confused with the one being discussed here. The TS that has been started and that is being discussed in this topic is wholly different from that one.

Terminated is an ordinary TS, set after the Tree of Life, and using the usual characters.

Here is what I have for the plot so far: the group goes to investigate the strange light seen by Tlepolemus and finds a time portal. They see Cythera disappear and discover that the Undine have sent something back in time to kill Alaric when he is still young (or possibly Chrysothemis before he is born). The group travels back in time to protect him. (Basically, it's a Terminator knock-off; no other idea garnered any support.)

The first few posts are merely to give people a chance to join before I do the time jump. Joining will be allowed afterward, although it might be more difficult to do realistically.

Selax

#33 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

It seems that a lot of people are getting confused by the two TSs idea. I blame this on the fact that we are calling both "TSs." We should keep calling the regular TSs, the one you just started based on Terminator that will use our regular characters, "TSs." But Pippin's idea for new TSs, the ones that will use new, more-realistic characters, need a new name.

Maybe "NTS" for New Team Stories? :P Seriously, though, I do think we need a different acronym of some kind to easily distinguish the two.

Again, just to clarify: The TS "Terminated" is not a TS following Pippin's idea. It is a regular TS, set in our current timeline, using all of our current characters. It's just like any past TS.

The discussion of running two TSs at once is the proposition that we start another, different TS, one based on Pippin's idea, and conduct that one at the same time as our normal TS. Pippin's hasn't been started yet. It is still in planning mode, but the traditional TS has started.

Wizard

#34 User is offline   ~vIsitor~ 

• rEsident gUest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:22 PM

View PostSelax, on Apr 13 2008, 06:39 AM, said:

Where is everybody?

Sorry. I was unfortunately detained. Ironic that, after literal months of nothing to do, I can't find the time when you finally start the damn thing.

'Tis all resolved now, though. I'll get right to it.
"The art of war is about legs, not arms." - General Maurice de Saxe

#35 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

Well, that's one person! Now we only need everybody else to join. . .

I'm going to try to post today. I got so busy catching up in other topics last night that I didn't get to post in the tavern or TS yet.
Wizard

#36 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

View PostThe Wizard, on Apr 14 2008, 04:15 PM, said:

Well, that's one person! Now we only need everybody else to join. . .

I'm going to try to post today this year. I got so busy catching up in other topics last night that I didn't get to post in the tavern or TS yet.

One person? I thought other people were expressing interest.
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#37 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

Well, a lot of people did express interest. It's just that nobody else has been interested enough to join the TS yet.
Wizard

#38 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:32 AM

Where is everyone...?

Selax

#39 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:55 AM

*waves arm*
I'm here!
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users