Ambrosia Software Web Board: On the meaning of dreams - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

On the meaning of dreams what does it mean?

#1 User is offline   Cosmic_Nusiance 

• The new Number Two
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:A thin plasma shell riding the shockwave of its exploding star

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:49 AM

I had a very thought-provoking dream last night, and I think it has something to do with my future. What does it mean?

I am Legolas, and I wield twin purple-blue lightsabers. Am am standing next to Obi-Wan, who carries a crossbow and a dagger. He has a lightsaber in his belt, but he's out of batteries. Suddenly, orcs commanded by the White Witch swoop in on us and attack! I realize that I must make it down to the other side of the island to warn the peasants in their "Boat-City". I am on the top of a hill next to the ocean, and there are wooden stairs that lead down the hill. Obi-Wan and I start to go down. We defeat several groups of orcs before we get low enough that it gets cold (we're farther away from the sun). We meet up with a snowman in a red top-hat that carries a cane, and we decide to travel to the small Boat-City together. Dusk creeps in as we descend the stairs, which are now solid metal. We stop for the night in a snowy village, which is besieged by orcs and the White Witch herself. As they close in, slaughtering civilians, we find two C batteries in an old trunk! Both me and Obi-Wan recharge our lightsabers and attack the oncoming horde. We win, and they retreat. We continue down the hill, following the metal stairs. The snowman can go no farther, since the next town is a giant forge with molten metal and fires and heat, so we wave and continue. We creep past the upside-down stairs, and are greeted by the villagers, who have been forced to make weapons for the orc army. We find that it is the White Witch's HQ, and overthrow her quickly so that we can get to the prom.

What does this mean?
And get him out of here! He's bleeding all over the rug! –Marston
zapp, don't be an idiot.
Giving everyone a gun would be a interesting way to solve the overpopulation problem. –Skyfox
I suspect that Huckabee supports the use of homosexuals as a fuel source. –grunk (now zurdo)

#2 User is offline   Shlimazel 

• Enam
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:53 AM

I think it must mean that you have lots of LSD in your future.

#3 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:58 PM

I just had a really nice Ham and cream cheese sandwich. Think it's my favourite sandwich.
"My friends tell me that I refuse to grow up, but I know they're just jealous because they don't have pajamas with feet."
-- Tom Sims

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

#4 User is offline   Cosmic_Nusiance 

• The new Number Two
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:29 PM

Toasted cheese for me. Also Subway sandwiches with mustard. Yummy!
zapp, don't be an idiot.
Giving everyone a gun would be a interesting way to solve the overpopulation problem. –Skyfox
I suspect that Huckabee supports the use of homosexuals as a fuel source. –grunk (now zurdo)

#5 User is offline   Shlimazel 

• Enam
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:30 PM

Be strong, Cosmic! Fight the spam! Defend your topic!

Or maybe just play it safe and discuss sandwiches...

#6 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:46 PM

I'm a big fan of reubens.

-Pufer
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

#7 User is offline   Shlimazel 

• Enam
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:50 PM

Actually, I like donuts. Specifically, glazed donuts. I like to get them from bakeries typically, because the flavour is usually better, but occasionally I get the urge to buy junky donuts from the store. Sandwiches are okay, but I think most people will agree that they'd rather eat a donut. I mean, it's a donut. Donuts are awesome. I like most types of donuts, though I must confess to not much caring for jelly and cream donuts. If I had a choice between one donut and thirteen donuts, I take the thirteen donuts. Just so you know.

#8 User is offline   Rickton 

• Organ Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

View PostShlimazel, on Jan 14 2008, 11:53 AM, said:

I think it must mean that you have lots of LSD in your future.

Or too much of it in your past.

But seriously I think it means you need to stop watching so many movies because even your dreams are no longer your own, as they are being shaped by Hollywood.
Currently making Possession 2, a game where you play as a ghost and possess your enemies.

#9 User is offline   SoItBegins 

• I Eat a Healthy Diet.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:05 PM

View PostCosmic_Nusiance, on Jan 14 2008, 08:49 AM, said:

<ditto>
What does this mean?

It means you need to lay off the artichoke hearts.
When life gives you cannons, make cannonade.

#10 User is offline   Cosmic_Nusiance 

• The new Number Two
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

View PostSoItBegins, on Jan 14 2008, 04:05 PM, said:

It means you need to lay off the artichoke hearts.

I hate those! They're slightly OK when dipped in molten butter, though. I love butter. Anyone else love butter?
zapp, don't be an idiot.

#11 User is offline   Shlimazel 

• Enam
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:14 PM

Well, no. Not by itself. You like donuts?

#12 User is offline   Cosmic_Nusiance 

• The new Number Two
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:42 PM

Donuts are good. So is gravy. Especially on mashed potatoes. Anyone eat Wendy's Bacon and Cheese potatoes? mmmmm... That reminds me, I had a baconater recently. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo2 good!

Pie is good, too.

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance: 14 January 2008 - 04:42 PM

zapp, don't be an idiot.

#13 User is offline   Shlimazel 

• Enam
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:45 PM

Apple pie is great! Pumpkin pie sucks.

#14 User is offline   Cosmic_Nusiance 

• The new Number Two
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

I think Pumpkin pie is meh. What are your thoughts on fruitcake?
zapp, don't be an idiot.

#15 User is offline   G-Spark 

• +5 to Fleeing and Evasion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:37 PM

View PostAll posts previous to this, minus the ones about pie, sandwiches, and donuts said:

Ehhehheh. :P
Here's what I think.

1: Lay off the movies.
2: How did you both recharge your lightsabers, if you had two, Obi-Wan had one, and there were only two batteries?
3. I once had a dream where I was aproxamitely one and a half servings of mashed potatoes sealed inside of a paper bag, and flying through the air, launched by a bazooka.
4. I prefer to make my own sandwiches. I like to put lotsa crap on them. I usually have Breadsmith bread, Miracle Whip, Colby Jack cheese, Alfalfa sprouts, Dijon Mustard, and whatever meat I have on hand at the time.
5.I had a dream where I was me, and I was really young. I was playing outside on the snow-hill at school. I dug a hole with some of the other kids, climbed inside, and I got stuck. Really I did. The teacher had to come outside and pull me out. No wait, that was real...
6.I like all sorts of pie, and haven't tried fruitcake.

This post has been edited by G-Spark: 14 January 2008 - 06:37 PM

Sanity brings Clarity. Clarity brings Understanding. Understanding makes everything boring as hell.

#16 User is offline   Cippy 

• Formerly "Destroyer E"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:52 PM

I brought my MacBook Pro into an Apple Store today. My MBP's superdrive is toast (for some reason or another), and the speakers wink out sporadically. So I bring it in, and I get put on call. Luckily, someone doesn't show up for a 3:00 appointment and I get his spot (I got into the store around 2:50).

The genius I talked to was really cool. He tested out my superdrive. Sure enough, it failed. He also told me that they'll take a look at my speakers, since their problem couldn't be verified there and then. Since I'm under warrantee, the repair is free. The superdrive alone costs $311 to repair.

Then the Genius and I got on a discussion about Marathon. Before initially shutting down my MacBook, he noticed to Aleph One icon in my dock. He told me one of his coworkers has the logo tattooed on his arm. Also, he mentioned that his four hard drives are named after Leela, Durandal, Tycho, and Thoth. I then told him that my three computers were named Leela (the MacBook Pro), Durandal (eMac G4), and Tycho (ThinkPad 600E). It was pretty cool. Before I left, I asked if he was allowed to speculate on tomorrow's keynote. He told me he doesn't know anything more than I would. At that point, my MacBook was already to go in, so it was time to leave. We said goodbye and parted ways.

I head outside to find out that it's snowing. Yay! Unfortunately, however, this meant I have to drive home on the Roosevelt Boulevard (US Route 1) in the freakin' snow. It wasn't too bad. The Boulevard had some traffic, but I still made fairly decent time coming home.

Now I'm on my old eMac G4. I definitely don't remember this computer being this slow. I mean, it's not slow, as it has a decent 1.25 GHz G4 and 1 GB of RAM in it, but I guess that's nothing compared to the 2.2 GHz C2D and 2 GB of RAM I'm used to. I'm just glad I have this computer to fall back on. And I only have to wait 3-5 days for this repair.

All in all, I had a good experience at the Apple Store today, and I'm looking forward to the keynote tomorrow. I'm expecting something big, and not just the MacBook Air.
facebook.com/cippy
twitter.com/cippy
gplus.to/cippy
last.fm/user/cippy

Official Pufervian
Messing with Cippy's sig because I can. -mrxak

#17 User is offline   Mazca 

• pirate accountant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

Today I set fire to my own intestines. It was a fulfilling and agonizing four hours.
There will be no further misuse of this channel.
You are disturbing others who are using it to serious purpose.
Access will be restored when you understand what it is for.
Goodbye.

#18 User is offline   mrxak 

• Rabid Haiku Generator
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

View PostCosmic_Nusiance, on Jan 14 2008, 11:49 AM, said:

I had a very thought-provoking dream last night, and I think it has something to do with my future. What does it mean?

I am Legolas, and I wield twin purple-blue lightsabers. Am am standing next to Obi-Wan, who carries a crossbow and a dagger. He has a lightsaber in his belt, but he's out of batteries. Suddenly, orcs commanded by the White Witch swoop in on us and attack! I realize that I must make it down to the other side of the island to warn the peasants in their "Boat-City". I am on the top of a hill next to the ocean, and there are wooden stairs that lead down the hill. Obi-Wan and I start to go down. We defeat several groups of orcs before we get low enough that it gets cold (we're farther away from the sun). We meet up with a snowman in a red top-hat that carries a cane, and we decide to travel to the small Boat-City together. Dusk creeps in as we descend the stairs, which are now solid metal. We stop for the night in a snowy village, which is besieged by orcs and the White Witch herself. As they close in, slaughtering civilians, we find two C batteries in an old trunk! Both me and Obi-Wan recharge our lightsabers and attack the oncoming horde. We win, and they retreat. We continue down the hill, following the metal stairs. The snowman can go no farther, since the next town is a giant forge with molten metal and fires and heat, so we wave and continue. We creep past the upside-down stairs, and are greeted by the villagers, who have been forced to make weapons for the orc army. We find that it is the White Witch's HQ, and overthrow her quickly so that we can get to the prom.

What does this mean?

It means you watched a few movies back to back and your brain is going through it all. Also you're attracted to your mother and wish you could go to the prom with her.
mrxak.com | twitter.com/mrxak
Super Moderator - EVDC | U | EV | D | R | DC | M
_/\__
In the light of morning the sun climbs upon the shoulder of the sky / I yearn for the tender darkness.

#19 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:23 PM

I'm attracted to his mother, and wish I could take her to the prom also. But hey, who isn't?
"My friends tell me that I refuse to grow up, but I know they're just jealous because they don't have pajamas with feet."
-- Tom Sims

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

#20 User is offline   JacaByte 

• Tujuh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:23 PM

It means you should lay off on the movies and drugs for a bit.

#21 User is offline   mrxak 

• Rabid Haiku Generator
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:36 PM

I don't think drugs had anything to do with his lust for his mother. It's just common evolutionary imperative. You grow up with a good mother, you look for those same traits in a potential mate. After all, you survived childhood, and the only reason you get attracted to people is because you want to have babies with them. Cosmic_Nusiance just found a perfect match with mommy.
mrxak.com | twitter.com/mrxak
Super Moderator - EVDC | U | EV | D | R | DC | M
_/\__
In the light of morning the sun climbs upon the shoulder of the sky / I yearn for the tender darkness.

#22 User is offline   The Journalist 

• earstwhile
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:07 PM

I had dream that i was playing high school football once.

It was very odd.
Hyperbole is the best thing ever!

#23 User is offline   Rickton 

• Organ Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

View PostShlimazel, on Jan 14 2008, 04:45 PM, said:

Pumpkin pie sucks.

View PostCosmic_Nusiance, on Jan 14 2008, 04:54 PM, said:

I think Pumpkin pie is meh.

You both are terrible people.
Currently making Possession 2, a game where you play as a ghost and possess your enemies.

#24 User is offline   Mispeled 

• *facepalm*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:55 PM

View PostPufer, on Jan 14 2008, 02:46 PM, said:

I'm a big fan of reubens.

Yeah, reubens are fantastic. I normally don't like rye bread, saurkraut, or swiss cheese, but that magical combination with corned beef and thousand island dressing, cooked the proper* German** way, everything just clicks.

*Toasted or grilled is no good; pan frying is the only acceptable way to prepare a reuben.
**Actually, reubens are American in origin.
Pending News > VXI

#25 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:18 AM

I'd usually launch into a lengthy story about how, back when I was in second grade, I had a dream where I was a vampire and went around killing my classmates, except for my best friend who I just made a vampire along with me. I regaled my friend with the story the following day and my teacher (who was your typical, old-timey, mean-ass Catholic school nun) took offense at it and...

Well, I'm not going to tell the story because I quite honestly can't remember the rest of it. I know I got in trouble, I know it was absurd, and I know it used to be one of my better stories, but I'm drawing a complete blank here. I blame Shlimazel.

-Pufer
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users