Ambrosia Software Web Board: On the meaning of dreams - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

On the meaning of dreams what does it mean?

#226 User is offline   moonunit4eva 

• Dommy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:52 PM

View PostPufer, on Apr 3 2008, 12:06 AM, said:

Or even worse, Keystone Light. The frat boy connoseuirs around here usually have PBR, which is still terrible, but at least not undrinkable like Keystone Light.

-Pufer

Amen to that. Although Of all the "Beer Pong" grade beers, I'd take PBR any day. I knew a girl who hated beer so much she'd bring two bottles of champagne to each party she went to and play beer pong with that.

(I would like to mention that the champagne was found at WinCo for $1. That's the good stuff right there :P )
Whatever happens..happens.

#227 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:39 AM

Champagne for beer pong? Let's see. Not playing by house rules + being a pussy for going with fizzy sweet wine + cheap wino-grade fizzy sweet wine + higher alcohol content than your opponent + suckiness of vomiting wine + suckiness of a wine hangover = uber-terrible idea.

-Pufer
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

#228 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:25 AM

Champagne is not fizzy sweet wine. ###### champagne might be, but not the proper stuff. I'll introduce you to proper champagne, if you introduce me to proper American beer :P
"My friends tell me that I refuse to grow up, but I know they're just jealous because they don't have pajamas with feet."
-- Tom Sims

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

#229 User is offline   Rickton 

• Organ Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:32 AM

Geez. Might as well play it with "wine coolers" (which suck).
Currently making Possession 2, a game where you play as a ghost and possess your enemies.

#230 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

White wine and lemonade?
"My friends tell me that I refuse to grow up, but I know they're just jealous because they don't have pajamas with feet."
-- Tom Sims

#231 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:13 AM

View PostLektor, on Apr 4 2008, 03:25 AM, said:

Champagne is not fizzy sweet wine. ###### champagne might be, but not the proper stuff. I'll introduce you to proper champagne, if you introduce me to proper American beer :P

It's probably a bit of a stretch to even call the type of "champagne" you find at WinCo for $1 fizzy sweet wine. Bubbly death swill is probably more like it.

My grandfather would always have a few bottles of Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame in his cellar for special occasions, and go even better for big events, so I know my way around proper champagne. If you're at my place for a celebration, however, you'd be getting a glass of eiswein or some cellared stout in lieu of champagne.

-Pufer
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

#232 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:00 PM

I'm not talking Veuve, I'm talking Dom Perignon. 1996 is a very very good year. Also very partial to a spot of Laurent Perrier Rose.
-- Tom Sims

#233 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:00 PM

I had a glass of Dom at my grandparents' 50th anniversary a few years back, and we had literally cases of various vintages of Krug for my aunt's wedding a couple years later. My grandfather published a respected wine guide for a few decades there, his cellar was legendary and I can keep step with anyone in terms of what I've had the privilege to try.

Why everyone hates me: I've done stuff like comparing the 1989 and 1990 Petrus side by side, but I really don't like wine all that much. :P

-Pufer

#234 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:28 AM

Nice! When I worked in a bar, I was nominated to be the 'wine ambassador' which meant I got to go on training days. My favourite one was going to the headquarters of Moët et Chandon in a very expensive part of London. They sat us down on the biggest meeting room table I'd ever seen, and fed us every type of champagne I could name, and many more.

Was a very nice way to spend a day :P
-- Tom Sims

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users