Ambrosia Software Web Board: On the meaning of dreams - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

On the meaning of dreams what does it mean?

#26 User is offline   Shlimazel 

• Enam
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:21 AM

What are your thoughts on fruitcake?

I've had okay fruitcake in the past, but not recently. So it's a bit iffy.

I blame Shlimazel.

Don't you all....

#27 User is offline   Cippy 

• Formerly "Destroyer E"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

View PostDestroyer E, on Jan 14 2008, 06:52 PM, said:

I brought my MacBook Pro into an Apple Store today. My MBP's superdrive is toast (for some reason or another), and the speakers wink out sporadically. So I bring it in, and I get put on call. Luckily, someone doesn't show up for a 3:00 appointment and I get his spot (I got into the store around 2:50).

The genius I talked to was really cool. He tested out my superdrive. Sure enough, it failed. He also told me that they'll take a look at my speakers, since their problem couldn't be verified there and then. Since I'm under warrantee, the repair is free. The superdrive alone costs $311 to repair.

Then the Genius and I got on a discussion about Marathon. Before initially shutting down my MacBook, he noticed to Aleph One icon in my dock. He told me one of his coworkers has the logo tattooed on his arm. Also, he mentioned that his four hard drives are named after Leela, Durandal, Tycho, and Thoth. I then told him that my three computers were named Leela (the MacBook Pro), Durandal (eMac G4), and Tycho (ThinkPad 600E). It was pretty cool. Before I left, I asked if he was allowed to speculate on tomorrow's keynote. He told me he doesn't know anything more than I would. At that point, my MacBook was already to go in, so it was time to leave. We said goodbye and parted ways.

I head outside to find out that it's snowing. Yay! Unfortunately, however, this meant I have to drive home on the Roosevelt Boulevard (US Route 1) in the freakin' snow. It wasn't too bad. The Boulevard had some traffic, but I still made fairly decent time coming home.

Now I'm on my old eMac G4. I definitely don't remember this computer being this slow. I mean, it's not slow, as it has a decent 1.25 GHz G4 and 1 GB of RAM in it, but I guess that's nothing compared to the 2.2 GHz C2D and 2 GB of RAM I'm used to. I'm just glad I have this computer to fall back on. And I only have to wait 3-5 days for this repair.

All in all, I had a good experience at the Apple Store today, and I'm looking forward to the keynote tomorrow. I'm expecting something big, and not just the MacBook Air.

So today was the Keynote of MWSF. I got up at the crack of noon so I could follow along online. Turns out there wasn't anything major aside from the MacBook Air. Kinda disappointing, but the MBA is still pretty cool.

After the Keynote was over, I looked outside to find out that it was snowing, profusely. It only stuck a little bit on the ground, but it gave a nice looking cover of white.

Also today, I got a call from Apple. Turns out my MacBook was repaired within 24 hours. I'm seriously impressed. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow afternoon at sometime. It's going to be nice to have that computer back again. With the exception of the size and multitouch trackpad, my MacBook is better than the new Airs in just about every way!
facebook.com/cippy
twitter.com/cippy
gplus.to/cippy
last.fm/user/cippy

Official Pufervian
Messing with Cippy's sig because I can. -mrxak

#28 User is offline   Cippy 

• Formerly "Destroyer E"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:57 PM

View PostDestroyer E, on Jan 15 2008, 05:52 PM, said:

So today was the Keynote of MWSF. I got up at the crack of noon so I could follow along online. Turns out there wasn't anything major aside from the MacBook Air. Kinda disappointing, but the MBA is still pretty cool.

After the Keynote was over, I looked outside to find out that it was snowing, profusely. It only stuck a little bit on the ground, but it gave a nice looking cover of white.

Also today, I got a call from Apple. Turns out my MacBook was repaired within 24 hours. I'm seriously impressed. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow afternoon at sometime. It's going to be nice to have that computer back again. With the exception of the size and multitouch trackpad, my MacBook is better than the new Airs in just about every way!

Today I picked up my MacBook Pro. Nothing too exciting, really. I went into the store, handed my Genius Bar page to one of the workers, and he retrieved it. Then he checked me out. It turned out to be a $521 repair I got for free. I have a new superdrive, new speakers, and a new soundboard.

They didn't have any MacBook Airs in the store. Not surprising, really, as they won't be shipping for another few weeks.

I came home and booted the MacBook. Everything is running great. It's nice to have this computer back.
facebook.com/cippy
twitter.com/cippy
gplus.to/cippy
last.fm/user/cippy

Official Pufervian

#29 User is offline   G-Spark 

• +5 to Fleeing and Evasion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

View PostLotsa posts date=, on post=, said:

There's way to many posts I want to quote to put them all in one post, so I say this. Ehhehheh. :P
High School football eh? That's normal. I once had a dream about when I was about 3. My mom was putting me in the bathtub and I couldn't see my feet. I didn't freak out or anything, just said "Mommy, I can't see my feet." Apparantely:
1. I still had my socks on.
2. It wasn't a dream.

Also you're attracted to your mother and wish you could go to the prom with her.
What?

This post has been edited by G-Spark: 17 January 2008 - 06:38 PM

Sanity brings Clarity. Clarity brings Understanding. Understanding makes everything boring as hell.

#30 User is offline   Mispeled 

• *facepalm*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:53 PM

That's weird. If you just hit the reply button to G-Spark's post, all you get in your post is "What?".

Try it!
Pending News > VXI

#31 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

View PostG-Spark, on Jan 16 2008, 04:04 PM, said:

There's way to many posts I want to quote to put them all in one post, so I say this. Ehhehheh.
High School football eh? That's normal. I once had a dream about when I was about 3. My mom was putting me in the bathtub and I couldn't see my feet. I didn't freak out or anything, just said "Mommy, I can't see my feet." Apparantely:
1. I still had my socks on.
2. It wasn't a dream.

That's worse than my story. :P

-Pufer
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

#32 User is offline   Manta 

• Messenger of the Void. Galactic Scourge. Nibbler of Chocolate.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:24 AM

I'm not a good one to analyze the dreams of others because I haven't had a dream that I have remembered in the last six years.

This post has been edited by Manta: 18 January 2008 - 10:36 AM

Unitam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant

Best webpage ever Kitten cannon Urban Dead

#33 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:27 AM

I dream mostly in text. From time to time I have a vivid dream complete with imagery, but most of the time it's like reading a book.

-Pufer
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

#34 User is offline   Rickton 

• Organ Donor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

View PostManta, on Jan 17 2008, 01:24 AM, said:

I'm not a good one to analize the dreams of others because I haven't had a dream that I have remembered in the last six years.

:P

View PostPufer, on Jan 17 2008, 01:27 AM, said:

I dream mostly in text. From time to time I have a vivid dream complete with imagery, but most of the time it's like reading a book.

Weird.
Especially since when I'm reading a book I see imagery.

(Of course this would make sense why you make such long posts ;))

This post has been edited by Rickton: 17 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

Currently making Possession 2, a game where you play as a ghost and possess your enemies.

#35 User is offline   JacaByte 

• Tujuh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

I dreamt last night that there was a blizzard that swept into our area during the night. There was snow literally piled up against the door of our house, about 4 feet deep. I had gotten up (in the dream, mind you) just to look out the window that's been put into that door and watch the snow come down. The full moon shining through the clouds made it all the more serene. Dang I love snow, and full moons. Those are possibly my most favorite things in life.

#36 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:03 AM

I just ate a bacon sandwich.

It needed ketchup...
"My friends tell me that I refuse to grow up, but I know they're just jealous because they don't have pajamas with feet."
-- Tom Sims

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

#37 User is offline   JacaByte 

• Tujuh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:43 PM

I've got more. You wanna hear them?

#38 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:48 PM

More bacon sandwichs? I'm good thanks, not hungry.
"My friends tell me that I refuse to grow up, but I know they're just jealous because they don't have pajamas with feet."
-- Tom Sims

#39 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:48 AM

What the ###### is up with us Americans? Our bacon blows compared to proper back bacon. Crispy, fat-laden pork bellies are crap. Granted, we don't ever refer to sandwiches as "sarnies" and thus win something back on the stupid application of terms, but we clearly lose on the bacon front. Lek's bacon sandwich is vastly superior to ours.

-Pufer

This post has been edited by Pufer: 19 January 2008 - 02:48 AM

#40 User is offline   Cippy 

• Formerly "Destroyer E"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:32 AM

Not too mention the fact that Lektor and bacon is an amazing combination.

This post has been edited by Destroyer E: 19 January 2008 - 11:32 AM

facebook.com/cippy
twitter.com/cippy
gplus.to/cippy
last.fm/user/cippy

Official Pufervian

#41 User is offline   G-Spark 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:45 AM

I had an orchestra concert last week. When the other orchestra group was playing after my group played, during the first concert we had that day, there was a girl with a really long solo part in two different songs. The accompaniment was really good, and she played very well, but for some odd reason I kept nodding off. My group had soloists for all but one song, and they also did really well. There was a girl a lot younger than most of us, and two cello players, a lot younger than some of us, and they all did really well. The next concert we had that night, I had just happened to go on a fruit snack binge, so I didnt' fall asleep.

Today, I went to the place where I have rehersal and I found out from my friend we didn't have rehersal that week. I walked home in the freezing cold, ( I had a coat and a hat ) and by the time I got home my legs were freezing. My hands are still stiff, almost half-an hour later. I used to love snow and Winter and full moons, but so far, all three have brought me nothing but trouble. Snow gets in my face, shines sun in my eyes, Winter meant we had to start with dance for gym, and full moons, means I have a lunar project to work on, that I've procrastinated from doing.

This post has been edited by G-Spark: 19 January 2008 - 11:46 AM

Sanity brings Clarity. Clarity brings Understanding. Understanding makes everything boring as hell.

#42 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:40 PM

View PostPufer, on Jan 19 2008, 07:48 AM, said:

What the ###### is up with us Americans? Our bacon blows compared to proper back bacon. Crispy, fat-laden pork bellies are crap. Granted, we don't ever refer to sandwiches as "sarnies" and thus win something back on the stupid application of terms, but we clearly lose on the bacon front. Lek's bacon sandwich is vastly superior to ours.

-Pufer

I don't use the term 'sarnies' so does that just generally make me superior to all Americans? :P

It often seems that Danish bacon has the best reputation over here, although I generally purchase local produce.

View PostDestroyer E, on Jan 19 2008, 04:32 PM, said:

Not too mention the fact that Lektor and bacon is an amazing combination.

Damn straight. Even better when you add ketchup ;)
-- Tom Sims

#43 User is offline   G-Spark 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

We should make a poll, or topic about what way people prefer to eat bacon.

#44 User is offline   mrxak 

• Rabid Haiku Generator
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:07 AM

View PostG-Spark, on Jan 16 2008, 06:04 PM, said:

What?

It's really quite obvious.
mrxak.com | twitter.com/mrxak
Super Moderator - EVDC | U | EV | D | R | DC | M
_/\__
In the light of morning the sun climbs upon the shoulder of the sky / I yearn for the tender darkness.

#45 User is offline   Shlimazel 

• Enam
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

I like bacon.

#46 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:56 PM

So do I! Want to be my maid of honour?
-- Tom Sims

#47 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:38 AM

Better take it. That type of offer only comes along once in a lifetime.

-Pufer

#48 User is offline   Lektor 

• Amor Vincit Omnia
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:36 AM

(don't tell him, but I'm not actually a girl... :P )
-- Tom Sims

#49 User is offline   Pufer 

• Deadpan Orator

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:44 AM

(Have no fear, your secret is safe with me. However, what the hell type of unequal world is this that blokes can't have/be maids of honor? It's not like a vast majority of the maids of honor kicking around are unmarried nubile virgins anyway, so we should be able to expand the term 'maiden' even farther in this usage.)

-Pufer

#50 User is offline   Shlimazel 

• Enam
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:20 PM

I'll be your bloke of honor!

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic