Bells and Whistles OoC TS Discussion Topic

#26 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:52 AM

I'm allowed to be dumb if I want! It's a free country! *hehe*

There is no CC emoticon! Waaah!
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#27 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:03 AM

View PostAvatara, on Mar 9 2007, 10:04 PM, said:

You're too late, the IRC server is down again.

How depressing, but nothing can get me down today! I'm just so happy to be back on the internet fully ^_^

I had a dream last night that the TS ended after eight posts. Or maybe it was eight replies, I don't know. Either way, it was record time! And it wasn't closed by Tyry because we were being silly, it actually went through a plot and ended. Those must have been eight ~long~ posts...
I'll become even more undignified than this

#28 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:56 PM

View PostAvatara, on Mar 9 2007, 09:04 PM, said:

You're too late, the IRC server is down again.

Oh well, I suppose it's at least good timing for a no planning TS...
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#29 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:58 AM

Yes, that's right. Your moderator has made a post after being MIA in the stories for over a year. :P
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#30 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:30 PM

View PostAvatara, on Mar 10 2007, 11:58 PM, said:

Yes, that's right. Your moderator has made a post after being MIA in the stories for over a year. :P

<3

also, i'm a little confused about the last line in Selax's post; has the wedding already happened and people are just waiting for the reception? seeing as characters are still arriving (mine included), i think i'm going to continue as if the ceremony has yet to happen. it isn't really necessary for anyone to write about it if no one feels inclined, but i think it would be best to wait until at least everyone that's participating has got their characters there. (that said, am i the last one? Enna and Wolfie were travelling with Retsy's group, but they've all arrived, correct?)

#31 User is offline   cgends 

• Satu
  • Pip

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:42 PM

Ok, so I try to stay in the loop, but you all are not making this very easy for those of us who cant IRC.
ERK_heartatack....stsyem failure_Cnrtl_ALt_Del....ARGGGGG,

I totally jsut nerded out there, but seriously whats goin' on

#32 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

Where exactly are you lost, cgends?

View PostiKaterei, on Mar 12 2007, 12:30 PM, said:

<3

also, i'm a little confused about the last line in Selax's post; has the wedding already happened and people are just waiting for the reception? seeing as characters are still arriving (mine included), i think i'm going to continue as if the ceremony has yet to happen. it isn't really necessary for anyone to write about it if no one feels inclined, but i think it would be best to wait until at least everyone that's participating has got their characters there. (that said, am i the last one? Enna and Wolfie were travelling with Retsy's group, but they've all arrived, correct?)

Since there are a few things I'd like to do before the ceremony, I vote that it hasn't happened yet. Also, Sideline has yet to arrive, since he's been trying to contact Katze in Cademia. There's also a least one straggler yet to put in an appearance.
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#33 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:50 PM

View Postcgends, on Mar 11 2007, 03:42 PM, said:

Ok, so I try to stay in the loop, but you all are not making this very easy for those of us who cant IRC.
ERK_heartatack....stsyem failure_Cnrtl_ALt_Del....ARGGGGG,

I totally jsut nerded out there, but seriously whats goin' on

You've been missing out on all the excitement- CrazyChick and Retsy are getting married. The ceremony's just around the corner. We're all going; aren't you? :P

#34 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:04 AM

Indeed, the wedding has not yet happened. I was really attempting to get someone to start it soon.

Hmm, I need a viewpoint on the wedding for the moment (since none of my characters are there, although Selax is in another part of the building)...perhaps game characters?

EDIT:

Yes, that's right. Your moderator has made a post after being MIA in the stories for over a year.

...who are you and what have you done with Avatara? :P

This post has been edited by Selax: 12 March 2007 - 12:07 AM

Selax

#35 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:18 AM

If anyone was doubting it, I popped in to say that I am joining this TS; I merely have to find the time. I haven't even read the thing yet, but I will. . . soon. You know.

Spring break is coming up in a week. I'll be able to relax for the first time in a month and hopefully will have time to be more involved in the webboard for that week. So don't give up on me yet.

And Avatara, since you're reading this topic anyways, I have a complaint for your reading pleasure: You locked the Missing Sorceress before I could edit this post! ;) I just wanted you to know that I'm going to cry myself to sleep every night for the rest of my life now because mine is the only post ruining the flow of the story. :P
Wizard

#36 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:39 AM

View PostThe Wizard, on Mar 12 2007, 12:18 AM, said:

And Avatara, since you're reading this topic anyways, I have a complaint for your reading pleasure: You locked the Missing Sorceress before I could edit this post! ;) I just wanted you to know that I'm going to cry myself to sleep every night for the rest of my life now because mine is the only post ruining the flow of the story. :P

Selax told me you were finished. Obviously if you were posting more often, such incidents wouldn't occur.
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#37 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:39 AM

Kat, you're wrong, I'm the bridesmaid. It's Wizzy who's marrying Retsy. :P
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#38 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:02 AM

Tyry, why are you picking on dear Retsy? ;_; She is, by the way, completely mentally normal!
I'll become even more undignified than this

#39 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:41 AM

I still need Aron to show up at Pnyx, which I will start writing up now. I've got two things to say though, first, this should really remain a no planning affair (unless the plan is something small like using one post to set up the very next post) and I wanted to ask Cache something:

Did you purposefully leave the end of your post like that so Malis's answer would be up for grabs?

If so I have a nice idea, however I probably won't be online by the time you get back and have an answer so I will PM it to you and if you like it maybe you can use it in your next post.
"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P
"You know what? That milk was good. I don't care if that horse was on steroids."
- Melo, after drinking a glass of Nesquick.
A message for Gray Shirt Ninja: RAAAAAAARRRGGH!

#40 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:17 PM

View PostRagnar0k, on Mar 13 2007, 04:41 AM, said:

I still need Aron to show up at Pnyx, which I will start writing up now. I've got two things to say though, first, this should really remain a no planning affair (unless the plan is something small like using one post to set up the very next post) and I wanted to ask Cache something:

Did you purposefully leave the end of your post like that so Malis's answer would be up for grabs?

If so I have a nice idea, however I probably won't be online by the time you get back and have an answer so I will PM it to you and if you like it maybe you can use it in your next post.

I do have an idea for it, but it's more of a 'just in case' thing. I wanted to leave it open for someone else to contribute if they wished. I don't mind if I don't get to use my idea, I'll adapt to whatever gets posted. If you wanted to PM me your idea, I might even be able to combine it with mine.

The other thing is that I don't know if the original planners of this TS actually had a specific reason for involving Sideline, since they addressed the invitations to him (which just begged for me to develop a backstory to explain it, which in turn sparked some ideas for going forward... you know how it goes.) I wanted to leave some space for that as well, just in case.
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#41 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:38 PM

The person who originally said the invitations should be addressed to Sideline was I, and I'll explain why via PM as I send you my suggestion for what Malis has to say. I'll get started on that right now.
"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P
"You know what? That milk was good. I don't care if that horse was on steroids."

#42 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:17 PM

View Postcache22, on Mar 12 2007, 12:17 PM, said:

The other thing is that I don't know if the original planners of this TS actually had a specific reason for involving Sideline, since they addressed the invitations to him (which just begged for me to develop a backstory to explain it, which in turn sparked some ideas for going forward... you know how it goes.) I wanted to leave some space for that as well, just in case.

#cytherian #1: Hmm, we need a reason for the group to get invited. Does anybody have connections to Pnyx?

#cytherian #2: I'm not sure...

#cytherian #3: Hey, doesn't Sideline have some kind of Pnyx connection?

#cytherian #2: Oh yeah, Sideline!

#cytherian #3: Don't quote me on that, I'm not too sure...

#cytherian #1: Sideline it is!

BWM: I like bunnies! ^^

Selax: Looks like something productive is going on, I'm going to bed.

I think some kind of backstory would help out, there's certainly room for one.

#43 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:15 PM

You forgot to add:

"Sfiera: You're being manipulated by the information-devouring pandocracy!"

#44 User is offline   Ragnar0k 

• Empat
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:54 PM

EDITIn his far away realm, completely removed from the land of Cythera, Aron is the god who presides over Mischief and all the feelings associated with Merriment. In my first chron I mentioned how he was always seeking knew kinds of fun, so in his latest adventure he has traveled an amazing

Being, ya know, a god and all, he is, technically, obscenely overpowered.

I planned only to use him as a bar and chron character because of this, but it strikes me that little actually happens at the bar and chrons are not something that get written all the time, so I have changed the classification to a sort of “non-combative” character. This means that I’d like to use him in a TS once in a while but he will at no time fight characters of any importance to a story or help characters in such fighting. I’ll be writing him almost purely for comedy relief and for the advancement of the stories I write as Chrons.

Now, even though I just said that, even though the bandit in my post is just some nameless enemy who will never be of importance, even though Aron only really uses his powers when there is absolutely no one there to see it happen, I will entirely remove the section dealing with Aron’s sword if it is a big deal. I could replace it later or something.

P.S.

- I think Cache should have dibs on whatever it is he wants Malis to say to Sideline. He already said he was ok with someone else doing it, I'm just saying.

- The wedding should probably start a little after the above gets done and everyone is ready to roll. As far as who starts it, it's obviously up for grabs but I think Jehezekel should, since it was his idea that started this up in the first place (again, I'm just sayin).

- That mystery character I have in the character list? I'm going to fill in some of her real info right... now.

This post has been edited by Ragnar0k: 14 March 2007 - 12:58 PM

"The Jim maneuver!"
- Jason Peck, R.I.P

#45 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:50 PM

View PostRagnar0k, on Mar 13 2007, 10:54 AM, said:

I will entirely remove the section dealing with Aron’s sword if it is a big deal. I could replace it later or something.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it. I placed a similar restriction on the Ronin's main weapons as well, way back; just not quite so powerful. :P

#46 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:26 PM

hey! I didn't suggest a wedding!

I'll start the Ball/reception, after the wedding, if nobody beats me to it.

[Edit]Okay! I give! I'll do the wedding, and skip straight in to the Ball![/Edit]

if anything needs changed, etc...

This post has been edited by Jehezekel: 12 March 2007 - 09:05 PM

My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#47 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:28 PM

Actually, could you make a copy of that post, delete it, and repost it after I've dealt with Sideline's conversation with Malis? It should only take one post, but I can't do it until I get home from work.

#48 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:42 PM

View PostRagnar0k, on Mar 12 2007, 03:54 PM, said:

Alright, for those of you who dunno/didn’t read my first Chron, Aron is the God of Mischief and Merriment. Being, ya know, a god and all, he is, technically, obscenely overpowered.

I planned only to use him as a bar and chron character because of this, but it strikes me that little actually happens at the bar and chrons are not something that get written all the time, so I have changed the classification to a sort of “non-combative” character. This means that I’d like to use him in a TS once in a while but he will at no time fight characters of any importance to a story or help characters in such fighting. I’ll be writing him almost purely for comedy relief and for the advancement of the stories I write as Chrons.

Now, even though I just said that, even though the bandit in my post is just some nameless enemy who will never be of importance, even though Aron only really uses his powers when there is absolutely no one there to see it happen, I will entirely remove the section dealing with Aron’s sword if it is a big deal. I could replace it later or something.

I guess I don't really object to the section with the sword. I do, however, strenuously object to the introduction of Aron as a "god" and thus canonizing (perhaps anyway) his background and the existence of other "gods." (Perhaps, we could discuss this on irc or via PM?)

EDIT:
I'll probably make a post and edit if necessary to fit whatever cache has in mind.

Also, shouldn't Demodocus be present for the wedding, or is he no longer in action at this time or off at LKH?

This post has been edited by Selax: 12 March 2007 - 09:44 PM

Selax

#49 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:59 AM

OK, all done.

#50 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:31 AM

It's #cythera's fault! ^_~

Okay, How does that look? ^_^
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users