Ambrosia Software Web Board: Cythera Post Rankings - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cythera Post Rankings Meaningless Statistic Topic #37

#1 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Post icon  Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:11 AM

If you've been around for a couple years, you probably know I'm interested in meaningless statistics, and one aspect of that is tracking posting activity of Cythera members to watch for active months and inactive periods. I've just finished uploading the data to the web, for the curious people that are interested in seeing who has popped in over the past twelve months. I got lazy this year so I don't have the traditional month by month breakdown, its just one big year-end lump, but I do think its worth noting this is the first year since 2002 such a large number of posters have been active (and a lot of older faces returned).

All of this is hand gathered over large intervals. It does not distinguish between posts on other boards and posts on this board, but I tried to keep the list updated with members that have contributed something to Cythera's community*. I'm aware I'm missing a few people, especially members that were heavily active before I came around (like Zelda and DataSpot), as well as those that post very infrequently or spend most of their time splurging - like ~vIsitor~, Percinator, and Aben Zin (and probably a few others). So, before you complain, remember its nothing official. :P

Without further ado, here's the Cythera Post Rankings for 2006.

I suppose I should also warn you, I use archaic old-style HTML table formatting.

*A couple people show up with +??, these are people I felt should be added into the list, but they made their account before December 2005, so I don't have any data for them. However, I now have a number to use for next year.

A couple people show up with +0. Why haven't they been removed? Well, one thing I have noticed in the five years I've done this, some of those +0ers show up when you least expect them. We had a couple return this year, after over two years of inactivity, so I try to avoid pruning them. The exception this year was idiotSavant, whom at Katerei's strong urging, finally bit the dust (at 723).

"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#2 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:51 AM

I like the little disclaimer at the bottom. Was that aimed at me? :P

This post has been edited by cache22: 01 January 2007 - 04:51 AM

"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#3 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:53 AM

Well, I was trying to be extra careful not to offend anybody (and in the process probably offended somebody). And actually, there were several people that came back from the dead (even if only briefly) - Mr. Somebody, Theo, Talos, and Slayer, to name a few.

[Edit]Oh, that disclaimer. Heh, yeah, I got tired of lumping fourteen accounts together every month back when everybody had an account for each character.

This post has been edited by Avatara: 01 January 2007 - 05:03 AM
Reason for edit: I realized the should-be-obvious after I posted

"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#4 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:16 PM

hey wait, so what are the first 36 meaningless statistic topics?

#5 User is offline   Mr. Somebody 

• The Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:02 PM

View PostAvatara, on Jan 1 2007, 01:53 AM, said:

...there were several people that came back from the dead (even if only briefly) - Mr. Somebody...

I swear I'm trying to come back! Yesterday I did some work on Cities of Fire II again! (Still having tons of trouble with that one... I never did like my idea for that one, it still feels like too much of a link between the good ideas I had for 1 and 3.)

It's difficult for me to be around too often with my extremely busy schedule this past year, and undoubtedly, this coming year as well, but I'm putting effort into it. Especially this past month. Don't count me dead yet! :P
"Just the thought of a rap version of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony or 'Achy, Breaky Heart' is bound to make people smile." -Justice Anthony Kennedy, Campbell v. Acuff (2005)

"Haul your ass, Harry, but haul it slowly, or you'll sink the damn boat." -George Washington

Barbarian Films

#6 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:38 PM

Hehe, I feel so proud seeing my name there!

What's the Career High bit mean?

This post has been edited by CrazyChick: 03 January 2007 - 10:40 PM

And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#7 User is offline   Mr. Somebody 

• The Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:17 PM

Career High means the highest you've been ranked on the chart for as long as you've been on the chart. For example, DF, is now at 2, but was, at his highest point, 1.
"Just the thought of a rap version of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony or 'Achy, Breaky Heart' is bound to make people smile." -Justice Anthony Kennedy, Campbell v. Acuff (2005)

"Haul your ass, Harry, but haul it slowly, or you'll sink the damn boat." -George Washington

Barbarian Films

#8 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:15 PM

Ah. Thank you!
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#9 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:13 PM

The Cythera Board seems to have done fairly well last year, I suppose, although it's sad to see that gandreas seems to have stopped posting. :P
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#10 User is offline   ~vIsitor~ 

• rEsident gUest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:43 AM

Of course I post infrequently! You don't think that I would respond to every topic that asking how to cure Alaric, now do you? :P

Really, I tend to lurk until something piques my interest before posting anything, but often I am too preoccupied to make a well-written post. And other times, I get bored and respond to a large number of topics in rapid succession to break the monotony.

Regardless, it is nice to know I got a mention, even if I didn't make the list.
"The art of war is about legs, not arms." - General Maurice de Saxe

#11 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:08 PM

View PostSelax, on Jan 5 2007, 03:13 PM, said:

it's sad to see that gandreas seems to have stopped posting. :P

He never did post much, even at the best of times.
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#12 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:19 PM

View Postcache22, on Jan 5 2007, 02:08 PM, said:

He never did post much, even at the best of times.

we always hoped it meant he was busy working on Cythera 2, or at least patches for the first one, but alas, it was not to be...

#13 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:40 AM

Is it just me, or did he stop just before I started? :P I can't find any of his posts after September. Maybe it's my fault!

#14 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

Actually, the last post I can find from gandreas is May 15, 2005, and I don't think that he posted very often before that; he just hasn't checked the boards since September

Selax

#15 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:50 PM

Just a minute! If this is meaningless statistic topic #37, where are the other 36? iKaterei already asked, but still no answer.

#16 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

Some topics back in 2000, 01, 02, 03, 04, and 05. Maybe even last year.

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy: 06 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

#17 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:00 AM

I was just about to say, "But last year was 2005!". Ooopsies.

#18 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

Glenn doesn't even log onto his own boards that frequently and totally ignores the Delver forum, he just updates his site and that's it.

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy: 08 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

#19 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:05 PM

Indeed, it really is sad that gandreas almost seems to have stopped checking the boards. :P

This post has been edited by Selax: 08 January 2007 - 04:05 PM

Selax

#20 User is offline   Percy 

• Trees
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:28 PM

:P

Splurging!? ;)

I have been on limited time to be on the whole Ambrosia boards because of my current high-school activities. I still love you guys, though B)
I'm going back to the ones that know, with whom I can be what I want to be

#21 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:22 PM

I won't be here from the 18th til the 28th, as I am on holiday. If the TS is still going on after that, my characters will become anyone's legal property. Dont' kill them, please, I've only had them for a month! And my faun will probably leave the Tavern for two weeks, so I don't need anyone to write for him. Unless someone wants a temporary new character.

[EDIT] WHO CHANGED "DON'T KILL" TO "KILL"? THEY ARE IN BIG TROUBLE IF ANYONE FOLLOWED "MY" INSTRUCTIONS! If it was my mistake, oops. [EDIT]

This post has been edited by CrazyChick: 26 January 2007 - 09:09 PM

#22 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:10 PM

You know, Glenn doesn't even update his own boards and site that much anymore. (gandreas.com)

#23 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:39 AM

Well, I've gone ahead and updated the yearly rankings to account for 2007 at the link above.

I don't have direct links to them, but you can add any year between "02" and "07" before "ranks.html" (eg, "07ranks.html" is the page I was talking about in the opening post) to see snapshots from New Year's from years past. I've stopped deleting people that are presumably inactive from the list (I ended up losing too much data for when they came back, see ~vIsitor~'s entry as an example), but there are still some gaps from years past.

Meaningless Statistic #453: This year had the biggest upstart in the top ten in...well...since I started tracking.

#24 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:01 PM

View PostAvatara, on Jan 1 2008, 04:39 AM, said:

Meaningless Statistic #453: This year had the biggest upstart in the top ten in...well...since I started tracking.

*Hugs* I knew you wouldn't forget me ^_^ (By that I mean, I am both surprised and thrilled that you haven't forgotten me, *shifty eyes*.)

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 01 January 2008 - 01:02 PM

I'll become even more undignified than this

#25 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:38 PM

Actually, I was just pulling out a random number, I had no idea it would be that one. :P

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users