Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Alraeican Tavern - Part VIII - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Alraeican Tavern - Part VIII First new Tavern since 2003

#76 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:23 PM

*OoC*
Pippin, that's alright, mine is later anyway. By the way, I suggest that we move our characters up to current timeframe of the Tavern and assume that they have already finished their talk but continue to post it (like it's a flashback). By the way, it's Rapierian whom Satori is talking to. Selax is still back in the Tavern with Wizard.

Welcome to the Tavern, Crazychick and ~vIsitor~.

Katerei, if you don't want Rapierian to be able to detect the ghost bothering Alice, please let me know and I'll edit that part out of my post.

To all: well, I'm back, something which means that I must have survived finals.
*BiC*

Several hours earlier. . .Rapierian and Satori continue their mental discussion. . .

"Well," Rapierian said after a moment, "since I am always eager for new knowledge, I'd say you could teach me, but I don't think that your brand of magic is something I am capable of learning, so..."

His voice trailed off, and he stood silent for a moment, deep in thought.

Satori was just beginning to get impatient, when Rapierian spoke again.

"Perhaps, you could help me pay back one of my "benefactors" someday in the future. That is, perhaps you could help me make things very miserable for the arch-lich Tavara or the Undine—my former "benefactors. What do you say?"

Present time...

Selax had sat undisturbed through both the giant explosion in the Tavern and the brawl that started soon afterward. The only thing that he had done was wake Wizard up just before the explosion. Wizard had put up a telekinetic shield that had protected the two of them from the blast, although Selax noted that he'd tried to funnel the force of the blast toward the unconscious Rapierian. Fortunately for Rapierian, his cloak had protected him.

Unfortunately for the rest of the Tavern, Rapierian woke up. He sat up, blinked, and looked around. Then, his eyes settled on Mort. Even from his distance, he could tell that Mort was both a lich and depressed about it. Being a necromancer, he found this absolutely hysterical and began to laugh his mad laughter, quite certain that the lich knew that he was being laughed at. (For a moment, Rapierian wondered how the lich would react to the presence of a necromancer; then, he wondered how a necromancer would react to the presence of a lich and decided to forget about it.)

Rapierian's insane laugh was loud and uncanny, easily being heard above the sounds of the brawl going on. Several of the fight's participants stopped fighting and stared at him, unnerved.

Rapierian ignored them and took stock of the Tavern. He was quite pleased when he saw that the situation was chaos; however, his laughter stopped, as he noticed something odd.

There's been a ghost about here, he thought to himself. He couldn't pinpoint where exactly, but that was fine with him. The thought of it just made him start to laugh again.

Finally, he got up and walked over to Selax and Wizard's table in the corner.

"Hello, old ones with no sense of humor or fun! How are you doing?"

He looked at Selax, easily noticing the years that weighed on the elementals, and said, "You know, it shouldn't even be legal to be your age. I noticed that Wizard seems to have forgotten his hearing aid; did you take it by chance?"

Wizard started to smile to himself, knowing full well that Rapierian was making a large mistake in his choice of joke victims. Selax slowly rose to his feet—looming over Rapierian—and spoke softly.

"Let us get one thing straight: I don't like or trust your kind and by extension you. I shall be watching you quite carefully."

Rapierian only smiled.

"Then, I suppose that you'll get a very good view of—THIS!"

With that, he produced a vial out his sleeve and threw it into Wizard's beard, which burst into flame. Because Wizard was able to change his appearance and other such characteristics of his, this wasn't really a threat to him. Still, it made him quite angry. Worse for Raperian, however, Selax didn't take this sort of joke kindly.

In a blur, Selax grabbed Rapierian's collar before the necromancer could move or start laughing, lifted him off of his feet, spun him around, and hurled him at the open door— which a gust of wind had just blown shut.

Rapierian sailed across the Tavern, smashed into and through the door, and plowed out into the snow outside.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#77 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• Rawr: Ethanol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:00 PM

Talryn sighed, and started repairing the door again.
Cat walked over to Selax and Wizard and said, "That was beautiful! I didn't like the look of him from the start. Oh, sorry, I forgot! My name's Cat. I don't believe I know yours?"
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#78 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:00 AM

Something had been prickling the back of Mort's neck, but the feeling disappeared as someone was thrown out through the tavern door. He looked at Shanadar, thoughtfully.

{{ Cheer me up? What a novel idea. You know, I could really get to like this place. It's the only place I've found where people still treat me like a human being. Unfortunately, though, unless you know some way to get me my life back, or turn back time, I really can't think of a thing. I mean, what does a... well, someone like me, really need, anyway? Tell you what, if I think of anything, I'll let you know. }} He knocked the counter with his knuckles. {{ Bartender, another round if you please. }}

"Forgive my curiosity," Shanadar said, "but why order a drink when you can't, well, drink it?"

Mort sighed. {{ I can still dream, Shanadar. At least I have that. }}

This post has been edited by cache22: 15 December 2006 - 12:01 AM

"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#79 User is offline   ~vIsitor~ 

• rEsident gUest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:07 AM

Shanadar thought for a moment, contemplating what the literally half-dead felllow next to him had said. After waiting for the undead guy unsuccessfully tried to down another ale, he saw his chance to continue.

"Frankly, I find the fact that you're dead superflous in the case of making any judgement. You're better smelling most of the ruffians I deal with, to say the least, and certainly a more pleasant fellow to chat with. Besides, I relate well to misery."

Pausing for a moment, he realised he had forgotten a rather important question.

"Wait a minute, I believe I neglected to ask your name? I'm sure you've given the spiel before, and I won't mind terribly muh if you decline to tell, but it seems rather impolite of me to disuss matters with you without knowing your name, friend."
"The art of war is about legs, not arms." - General Maurice de Saxe

#80 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:07 AM

Silverfish dropped his bag on the counter and looked around, Brianna was off serving drinks at the tables. "Rana? could you have Brianna add this to my tab when she returns? Thanks." The ghost frog dropped the bag behind the counter, and Silverfish started working on fixing the door.
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#81 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2006 - 05:09 PM

Selax turned to Cat and looked at her for a moment, perhaps attempting to recall whether he had ever seen her or another member of her species before. Then he said, "Thank you. I am Selax, and this is Wizard (I recommend that you simply call him 'Wizard' because he hates nicknames, especially 'Wiz')." Selax looked back toward the fragments of the door. "I think it is safe to assume that the boy survived and will return presently. . .I hope that he shall not necessitate his removal again."

Outside the Tavern, Rapierian sat up and and managed to stagger to his feet. His cloak had survived intact and had protected him to some extent. Still, he was bruised and battered; he also had a big bump on his head and a terrible headache.

I was right! He doesn't have a sense of humor, Rapierian thought to himself. For a moment, he stood swaying; then, he heard something behind him and turned.

It was a big man, obviously thinking Rapierian easy prey in his current state and planning to mug him.

"I want your money right now! And don't try anything funny!" the man snarled, clutching a knife tightly in his right hand.

Rapierian smiled.

"Certainly not. Here take this."

With that, he produced another vial and threw into the man's face. The man cried out and fell over, pawing at his eyes. Rapierian stepped over and clapped his hand over the man's mouth.

Green flame poured out from his hand and covered the man completely. Nothing happened for a moment. Then, white light began to flow from the man and into Rapierian, and the man's skin began to decay as he desperately struggled to escape. Rapierian's smile broadened as he sucked the life out of the man. Seconds later, he stepped back, his headache and other wounds now gone. Rapierian looked at the corpse for a moment and chuckled as an idea came to him...

About a minute later, a skeleton walked in the front door of the Tavern and sat down next to Mort. It sat there and did nothing but stare at the lich.

Selax

#82 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:04 PM

Mort blinked in surprise at Shanadar's question. {{ Oh, I do beg your pardon. I forgot to introduce myself, didn't I? Mort. Morteous Bonapart. }}

Someone sat down with an odd rattle on Mort's other side. Curious, Mort turned to look. {{ Oh, I say, there seems to be a rash of undead arriving, tonight. What happened to you? Were you meddling in dark magic, too? Dangerous stuff, and then you end up dead. It's a real drag, isn't it? }} Mort paused, but received no response. {{ Hello? Hey, I'm talking to you! }} Mort poked the skeleton sharply with his pointy finger bone. The other skeleton puffed into a cloud of white dust. {{ Aaagh! I killed him! And we were getting along so well, too! }}

He turned back to Shanadar, leaning away from him slightly. {{ You aren't going to explode, too, are you? }}
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#83 User is offline   Pippin 3 

• Pip

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:51 PM

Satori Smiled at Rapierian.
Bargain Struck,When i come across this undine of yours
we shall see your end of the bargain made.

Rapierian lifted his hand and a blue light flowed fourth into Satori.
Her outline misted and she was gone.

-------------------------------------

Talryn was near completing the door and was happy with his handywork, when the door
began to unravel, it just melted away.
Satori walked through the door.
Her gaze settled on the lich and she walked towards him and sat down on a stool coved in white dust.
Emotion raced through the air, depression, and then violent anger.
"why so dull my friend?" Satori spoke to the lich.
The sands of time trickle slowly. slowly spirralling down and our lives are but a grain.

#84 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:58 PM

Cat grinned. "Hi, Selax and Wizard! Pleased to meet you! If he comes in again, can I have a go at removing him? It looked like so much fun!"
And the winner of the text only entry goes to CrazyChick for "Watch for B&B on bridge." Encountering the B&B anywhere is dangerous enough. Throwing a bridge into the recipe is an equation for disaster. - Ragashingo

#85 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:59 PM

Cat grinned. "Hi, Selax and Wizard! Pleased to meet you! If he comes in again, can I have a go at removing him? It looked like so much fun!"

Edit: Wha? how did that happen? Can a moderator or admin delete the double post, please?

This post has been edited by CrazyChick: 16 December 2006 - 07:26 PM

#86 User is offline   ~vIsitor~ 

• rEsident gUest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:14 AM

Somewhat puzzled, Shanadar replied to Mort's retorical question

"Well, I suppose I do feel like exploding metaphorically sometimes, my dear Mr. Bonapart" Shanadar repressed the urge to chortle at the irony of his aquaintance's name, "but never in a literal sense."

Shanadar paused as he considered the now-pile-of-dust skeleton Mort had poked.

"Call it a hunch, but I don't think that skeleton was self-sufficiently animated, as you are. I *think* some necromancer or other practitioner of the dark arts may be playing a practial joke on you." he concluded, "You, er, enjoy your drink while I see who's bothering you. I'll be back shortly."

And with that, Shanadar started searching around the Tavern for the offending summoner.

#87 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 04:49 PM

Unfortunately for him, Silverfish choose just then to make a marionette out of some bones he found jumbled in a corner...

#88 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:25 PM

Outside the Tavern, Rapierian was irritated. He'd been planning to play that trick on Mort again—this time with two skeletons—but Shanadar had ruined it. He considered sending skeletons into the Tavern to pelt Shanadar and Mort with snowballs but then, watching through the window, noticed Silverfish playing with his marionette in the corner and smiled as idea came to him...

The Tavern was always full of dead bodies (because of its almost constant chaos), which were only rarely removed. Suddenly, one of the skeletons near Silverfish shook, stood up, walked over to Silverfish, and kneeled in front of him.

"What is your wish, my master?" it rasped (how it did so is beyond me).

"If he warrants it, feel free to do so, although I doubt that he'll be as easily removed a second time," Selax answered Cat.

This post has been edited by Selax: 16 December 2006 - 07:26 PM

Selax

#89 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:30 PM

"Oh, don't worry!" said Cat. "He can't kill me, unless you have the necessary things on this world. He can only weaken me, or knock me unconscious."
"And what are the necessary things?" enquired Selax.
"I would prefer that no-one knew, if it's all the same to you. No offence intended, but I don't know who I can fully trust yet, and someone might overhear us." replied Cat.

#90 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:44 PM

"Cat, I'll remember that." Wizard extended his hand and smiled as best he could with his beard on fire. He turned to the barmaid walking by, "Brianna, could I please have some water. It doesn't need to be much; just enough to extinguish my beard." He spoke calmly as the flame danced nearer and nearer his face.

Fortunately, someone came to Wizard's rescue. A random customer of the tavern was walking by when he glanced at the old man, "Fire! There's a fire! Here!" He grabbed for the nearest liquid he could find and dowsed Wizard's face in a generous portion. Unfortunately, the substance was Mort's drink; whatever it was, it had not been water. Wizard beard exploded in a large ball of fire.

Cat reacted the fastest, grabbing the old mage by the shoulder. She pulled him to the door and tossed him into the snow face-first. Wizard stood and brushed off his shoulders. He looked Cat in the face, gratefully, "Thank you, young lady. You have saved my beard from certain death."

Cat seemed pleased and headed back inside the tavern.
Wizard

#91 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:58 PM

As Wizard turned to follow Cat, stepped around the corner of the Tavern and threw something at Wizard's beard. The beard burst into flames again, as the someone—Rapierian—ran back around the corner and snickered to himself.

Selax

#92 User is offline   ~vIsitor~ 

• rEsident gUest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:03 AM

It was not long before Shanadar happened upon a skeleton kneeling before another patron. Considering his demeanor and dress, the man did not seem a practitioner of the dark arts, but Shanadar quietly reminded himself that he had been wrong about such before.

Beating-staff out, and looking somewhat imposing, Shanadar seemed to tower over Silverfish as he asked his first question

"Mind you, good sir. Would you care to explain the skeleton kneeling before you, or must I beat the truth from you? Speak quickly, I'd rather be back with my drink than dealing with summoners."

#93 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:44 AM

Talryn went to the bar, grabbed another drink and turned around to get another look at the Tavern. He saw Shanadar towering at Silverfish. Since Silverfish had more or less saved his life not to long ago, Talryn got up and walked up to Shanadar and heard what he said. "Excuse me, i doubt this skeleton was summoned by Silverfish, no offense. Silverfish saved my life earlier so i must side with him on this for the moment."

-Dark
old - new

iKaterei said:

i wish i could put ... in all caps

#94 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:31 AM

Yet again, Mort turned to face the new person that had addressed him. "I'm more popular now than I was when I was alive," he thought to himself. He stared hard at Satori, then abruptly leaned in to peer at her more closely.

{{ You're dead! }} he exclaimed. {{ No, wait - almost dead? No, still not right - you've been dead, and now you're not. Hmm, that's still not it, exactly, but I can't quite figure it out... I'm Mort. So what's your story?}}

#95 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2006 - 07:59 AM

"Can't summon, I don't know any magic." replied Silverfish, looking up at Shanadar's knee, "Maybe it wants to dance with my marionette?" he asked hopefully, turning toward the skeleton. The marionette curtsied, and looked toward them pleadingly

#96 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:36 PM

Cat sighed, and said "Um, Wizard, your beard's on fire again."
Wizard walked calmly over to the counter and asked, "Brianna, where's that water?"
Brianna quickly handed over a mugful, and Wizard slowly and carefully doused the flames.
He turned to say thank-you again to Cat, but she had noticed the small crowd in one corner of the tavern, and went over to investigate.

#97 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2006 - 08:28 PM

"There's no need to lie to him or be afraid of him, master, the skeleton said to Silverfish. "I'll deal with him!

The skeleton turned and swung clumsily at Shanadar...

Outside, Rapierian was trying to figure out how best to continue his fun. Was anyone willing to help him play another joke on the patrons of the Tavern? Should he just go back in and have some fun with Mort in person? Then, the answer came to him and he smiled. Fortunately, there were a few bodies out behind the Tavern, where they had been thrown until they could be buried.

Suddenly, the almost repaired door to the Tavern was ripped off of its hinges, and two more skeletons charged in. Each of them was carrying armloads of snowballs.

"For Silverfish the master!" they rasped and began to thrown snowballs at everybody with wild abandon. (While almost everybody, they didn't attack Sideline, Selax, and one or two others, although they did go after Wizard, Cat, Shanadar, Mort, etc.)

Selax

#98 User is offline   CrazyChick 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:04 AM

Cat, dodging the snowballs, ran over to Moonshadow, who was crouched behind a table.
"They aren't human, are they? So I don't have to hold back or anything?" she asked.
Moonshadow shook her head, and Cat jumped on the table yelling a war cry. The skeletons promptly turned to her and let loose a volley of snowballs. Cat miraculously dodged them all, and leapt up into the rafters. The skeletons resumed pelting the other patrons with snow. Suddenly Cat landed silently behind one skeleton, whirled around and kicked it through the window, hitting Rapierian, who was laughing with glee at the chaos. With their creator unconscious, the skeletons collapsed into piles of bones.
"Pity." said Cat to the room at large. "I was just getting warmed up!"

This post has been edited by CrazyChick: 18 December 2006 - 02:05 AM

#99 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:29 AM

Mort sat staring at the snowball which was slowly melting into his third beer, which had replaced the one Cat had thrown on Wizard's beard. He {{ sighed }} forlornly.

{{ You know, if I'd wanted water in my drink, I'd have ordered a gin & tonic. }}

This post has been edited by cache22: 18 December 2006 - 02:32 AM

#100 User is offline   ~vIsitor~ 

• rEsident gUest
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:48 AM

The poor animated marionette quickly met its untimely end a Shanadar shattered its frail bony structure to dust with his staff.

Turning to Talryn, "You, you say this fellow is your friend? Well, I can't very well count good faith a evidence, good sir." Shanadar's mood turned a shade darker, "It may be that he is the victim of some perverse practical joke (an event that wouldn't surprise me in the least in this madhouse), but it might also be that he is an accomplice to the summoner of these skeletons, or even perhaps has been in possession of such magical scrolls or artifacts you were not aware of to enable him to summon the undead without knowing proper magic himself."

Shanadar paused momentarily, then continued before Talryn got a word in edgewise

"Although innocent until proven guilty, experience has taught me to assume the worst. Be certain that he does not leave this tavern, for if we are to get to the bottom of this he must be properly questioned. And frankly, I can't do that whilst I'm being pelted by zombie snowballs."

And with that, he turned to the intruding zombies as to give them a piece of his mind.

Of course, he got capped by a rather gravel-heavy snowball before he even got in range, consequently knocking him out until the immediate threat was subdued.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users