• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Shadow Games The PG-13 TS

#101 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:53 PM

After some hours, Selax was still waiting for the others to wake up.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#102 User is offline   Kentonis 417 

• Group: Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:53 AM

Gin walked down the stairs yawning, he had talked for a long while with Tej and had been told he could come along on the quest. "Hello, you're Selax aren't you?" Gin stared at the man. "Yea." Gin smiled "Nice to meet you," he sat down and sighed, "This place is boring." Gin sighed and pulled his legs up and crossed them, on his chair, his breathing slowed and his eyes closed.

OOC: where is everybody else? ;) I haven't seen anybody but Selax post on here for a long time.

Edit Note: Sry Selax, didnt' know about that, anyway, I suppose that fixed it :P

This post has been edited by Kentonis 417: 19 May 2005 - 08:48 AM

"I don't like to fight, but it's my life, it's all I know" Joru.

"I like drinks, they make me forget everything, even the important things in life. Gin.

#103 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:09 PM

*OoC*
Just one thing Kentonis, Selax doesn't drink, nor he would offer anyone an alcoholic beverage (such as beer).
*BiC*

Selax looked at the new arrival. He wondered who this was.

Selax

#104 User is offline   Half Truth 

• PipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:49 PM

[ook]
Sorry for not posting lately, I have been quite busy, I will try to post a little more often.
[bic]

Medoc finally woke up from his corner of the room, his muscles having gone stiff and parts brused.
"Hey, Medoc, I see that you are finally awake, most of the others are still asleep. Its going to be day break in a few hours, most of them will be up by then."
"I guess all we can do is wait for now.
"Yeah, patience is all we need...patience."

Medoc got out of his chair and walked over to the new commer and sat on the stool next to him.
"I don't think I have seen you before, my name is Medoc." Holding out his hand.
"Gin, nice to meet you." Shaking hands.
"I guess we are all just going to have to wait now, we will probably have to leave in the morning and start on our trek."

[ook]
its only small but its something. As I said before, I will try to post more often.
[bic]
The mind controls the body, but the heart controls the mind.
Half Truth

#105 User is offline   Kentonis 417 

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:24 PM

Gin opened his eyes and studied Medoc. He sighed, morning. Gin didn't expecially like mornings, they were the perfect time for bloodshed and attacks. Gin closed his eyes once more and went to sleep, setting his internal clock fro 5 in the morning.

"I like drinks, they make me forget everything, even the important things in life. Gin.

#106 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:13 PM

*OoC*
Just a short post, for now. I might post something longer in a while.
*BiC*

Selax still stood by the wall. If he had any idea how badly any of them might be wounded, he would have a better idea of when to wake them.

Selax

#107 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:22 PM

Tej came stumbling down the stairs and rolled into a table. After standing up, any trace of sleepiness was gone, he noticed a few members still missing and walked out side. As he opened the door his legs buckled, and he collapsed backward with exhaustion.

OOC: School + Grounded = x . Solve for x...

X = Alien Invasion :P bic:

-DJ

This post has been edited by Avatara: 11 June 2005 - 02:30 PM

old - new

iKaterei said:

i wish i could put ... in all caps

#108 User is offline   Kentonis 417 

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:41 PM

OOC HE HATH RETURNED, yeah I think I can solve for x lol, BIC

Gin stood up and then walked outside, he saw Tej and ran back inside, "Tej fainted outside!" Gin's heart began racing, the alcohol stil in his blood took its toll and Gin sat down hard gasping for breath. Gin closed his eyes and put himself into a self induced coma, Too much excitment for a drunk. Gin beckoned the darkness to him.

This post has been edited by Kentonis 417: 02 June 2005 - 10:55 PM

#109 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:50 PM

OOC: its not fainting... plus he is still inside. Short post while i do my homework. BIC

The bar tender dragged tej out of the walk way and over to a chair, then proceeded to serve more drinks.
old - new

iKaterei said:

#110 User is offline   Kentonis 417 

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:31 PM

Gin woke up quickly and looked around, I swear I'm never touching another drop of beer in my life Gin stood up off of the chair he had been dumped in and looked around, This is slightly embaressing Gin thought to himself. Gin looked at the time, It was still not daybreak. Gin looked around and didn't see any of the participints of the quest, other than Tej. Who was still out cold in his seat. Gin sat down at a table and orderd himself a mug of non-alcoholic cider. My first clean drink in a long while.The waitress walked up and handed him the mug, she almost dropped it however when she saw the non-alcoholic note under the mug, "This isn't beer?" she asked her jaw slightly open. Gin looked up and smiled "Yes, I'm not going to drink anymore." The waitress smiled, "I'll make sure the bartender knows that." Gin smiled, his straight though slightly off color teeth showing "Thank you." he then took the mug and took a long swig, not bad stuff Gin nodded to himself, and then walked quickly up the stairs and into his room. From a small brown bag he pulled a dusty green book, the pages were old and looked as if they were about ready to fall apart. Gin took the book down the stairs with him and set it on the table, he opened the book to his bookmark, blew the dust off the pages and began to read. The book was written in an arcane language. Gin read silently to himself, reading and re-reading the page he was on. 20 years of carrying this darned book and I still can't figure out what it is. Gin placed the bookmark back into the book and turned to another page, there he read for a bit and went back to the other page. Oh, I think I get it now Gin continued reading, struggling through the book as if he was 6 years old.

#111 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:29 PM

Leaving Wizard to watch out for danger, Selax had gone to another empty room in the hallway. During his combat with Balthon, both had used fighting styles and moves unknown to the other. Since neither forgot things, each now had new skills at their disposal. Selax had no doubt that Balthon was already working on how to integrate these new skills into his swordplay. It would be wise to do the same.
Selax didn't often practice with his swords; however, he knew that he would need every skill that he had to defeat Balthon. In the empty room, he began to replay the fight in his head. He pulled out his swords and started to work on the new things that he had seen Balthon do, gradually slipping into a deadly dance of swordplay.

Selax

#112 User is offline   Kentonis 417 

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:52 PM

Gin sat starring out of the window into the darkness beyond, reciting to himself a poem he had heard long ago, it went like this:

I have searched long and hard
through rain and sleet and snow

but the worst hindrence
is the prison I built for myself

"it is thou fate to never look upon the sun again
for thee art now a theif"

The greatest treasure in the world
put just beyond my reach

Gin rememberd the man who had written the peice. He had been a young theif with a hot temper, when he finally stole the thing he thought he wanted most he had been seperated from being able to have what he really wanted. Gin sighed, Is night ever a good time? Gin had asked himself this question often and had begun to hate the night. It was a time of dispare, for victims, and theives, and people in general, only the twisted and evil creatures of the world loved the night. Gin looked out the door and glared, "Get thee hence, darkness, child of hate and spite" Gin longed for the night to end and the sun to rise, he had never enjoyed the dim candles that provided a barrier against the darkness, instead he enjoyed the pure golden rays of the sun which dispelled the darkness entirley.

OOC I hope i'm not boring anybody. BIC

#113 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:06 PM

In the room he had previously entered, Selax stopped to rest. He had an idea that the group would be departing soon.

This post has been edited by Selax: 03 June 2005 - 11:06 PM

Selax

#114 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:10 PM

Wizard stood outside for a long while. He didn’t take much note of a newcomer who walked by. He decided that he’d meet that fellow later.

________

He lay comfortably under some bushes, pondering the many things troubling him. Oh well . . . it’s time to head in I think, and time to discuss this matter with Avatara. His mind was restless, and he knew that there was something he needed to know from Avatara.

________

The tavern was quiet inside. There was the low murmur of voices in several hushed conversations, but it was peaceful nonetheless. The soft flickering of the candlelight added to the almost hypnotic affect in the room’s atmosphere. Wizard ignored all of this and proceeded to the hallway that led to Avatara’s room, carefully planting his feet so as not to draw attention to his presence. Despite this, he felt all eyes on him.

Selax sat hooded in the corner, and when Wizard looked at him, he drew the offer to join him at his table from Selax’s unseen eyes. Wizard sighed, and half-smiled, as he turned his direction to join Selax.

“Is anything going on outside?” Selax asked softly.

“No, but there is a new arrival. I have yet to meet him, but I suppose you already have.”

“Yes, he’s over there,” Selax gestured in the direction of Gin, “I gather that he’s thinking of joining us.”

“Good.”

Then Selax, after a hesitation, lowered his tone, “Why did you come in? I would have thought that you were enjoying your solitude.”

Wizard replied in a quieted voice as well, especially for him, “I was, but I need to talk with Avatara about a few things. We’ll discuss it more later, I believe. Goodbye for now.” With that Wizard wheeled about and headed in the direction of Avatara’s room.

Selax stifled a laugh, which came out as a muted chuckle. His conversations with Wizard were always so short and to the point. His gaze followed Wizard down the hall until the tip of his robe vanished around the corner.

Then he glanced around the room. Most everyone was half-sleep. It was an intoxicating environment, especially right before dawn, when the town itself was silent. Soon, though, he figured the townspeople would be awakening. He did not wish to linger here too long, but he saw the necessity of patience until the rest of the group was ready. He waited another minute or so before he stood and headed in the direction of his own room to practice with his swords.

________

Wizard arrived at the door to Avatara’s room, but when he placed his hand on the knob, he felt two beings inside. Panicked, he pushed open the door, only to find that Moonshadow was the other presence. She lay fast asleep in a chair. He glanced to his left to see that Avatara, too, was still sleeping.

Surging power into his staff, Wizard’s orb lit up with a faint glow that illuminated the room. There was one window, across from the bed. Wizard walked over to it and peered out. There was no rain or clouds, but rather a pinkish glow on the eastern horizon, signifying the coming of dawn.

Then Wizard turned his attention to the interior of the room again. He spotted a desk against the wall. Though he normally didn’t condone sitting on anything other than furniture made to be sat on, Wizard strode to the desk and leaned on the corner, wondering how long it would be before Avatara and Moonshadow awoke.

A few minutes passed in this way before Wizard stood up and started in the direction of the window again. He was about halfway there when he tripped over the edge of his robe, sending him tumbling to the ground with a racket that shook the room. Avatara and Moonshadow stirred with a start, and Moonshadow nearly pounced on Wizard before she saw who the tangled figure on the floor was. Wizard gathered himself together, and, with the aid of his staff, pulled himself off the floor. He glanced from left to right seeing that both pairs of eyes were on him.

“Well, that worked,” he said with childish enthusiasm and an embarrassed, yet warm, smile. He brushed off his shoulders before resuming his previous position on the writing desk. Avatara and Moonshadow stared for a moment and exchanged curious glances. Then Avatara questioned, “How long have I been sleeping?”

“Through the whole night and almost to dawn,” Wizard replied.

“I guess that you and Selax found more of the group,” Avatara stated, tilting his head in Moonshadow’s direction.

Here Moonshadow responded, “No, actually, I met up with Martel a while back, and we split to see if we could find anyone else. I arrived here, but I don’t know about Martel --” she looked up at Wizard, questioning if Martel was there yet.

Wizard shook his head, “Not to my knowledge, but I haven’t been looking for him. So, I wouldn’t go by that. . . . Oh, Avatara, how’s the ankle?”

Moonshadow perked up, looking at Avatara, “Are you hurt?”

Avatara straightened himself to sit up in the bed. “Well, I think it’s broken.” Moonshadow went over and sat on the foot of the bed to see what she could do while Wizard spoke. “Avatara, remember back when we first discovered how to use the medallion,” he gestured at the pocket on Avatara’s shirt that held the medallion. “You said that you saw something to do with the resting place of this artifact called the zetacomb. What I would like to know is, what does this zetacomb do? It must have some importance in the future, else DF wouldn’t have shown you that.”

“I’m sorry,” Avatara said, glancing down at his ankle, which was feeling better with each passing moment. “I don’t really know any more than you on the matter, but I think that it’s importance has something to do with purging the evil that is still in DF, thus freeing him from his constant foe.”

“Well, if you cannot help, as I hoped you could, then I shall be departing from the group for a brief period of time, if it’s okay with you.”

Avatara focused on Wizard again, somewhat surprised by the statement, “Why?” His question was not in a demanding voice, but more a curious one.

“I shall go to the library in Pynx, both to see an old friend and to find what info I can on this zetacomb. I do not like to fiddle with artifacts of power without any knowledge of how to use them. I’m sure you can understand my reluctance to do so.”

“I do,” responded Avatara. “I have no arguments against you leaving. We’ll probably need the knowledge on it anyway, but where will you regroup with us? I don’t know when we’ll leave or exactly where we’ll be going.”

“I’ don’t know how long my stay at Pynx will be either, but I’ll find you, either by track or by telepathy.”

“Very well. I’ll be seeing you again soon, then. Bye.”

Then Moonshadow, who had been diligently working on Avatara’s injured ankle, spoke, “Well, the wound is closed and the bone is set, but I suggest you stay off of this leg for a few days. It’s still very tender.” She next looked up at Wizard, “Goodbye, Wizard.”

Wizard smiled and looked at Avatara, “I leave you in good hands.” He then turned and walked out the door.

________

As he closed the door, Wizard sensed Selax in a nearby room. He headed to it and opened the door without thinking. It was a mistake as he narrowly missed getting his beard trimmed off by Selax, who was swinging his two swords, very swiftly, here and there. He stopped when he saw Wizard. “It is customary to knock.”

“I’m sorry, but I didn’t know you’d be swinging swords at me,” Wizard mused.

“How did your chat with Avatara go?” Selax questioned.

“Well.”

“How did you wake him up so quickly, may I ask?” Selax seemed a bit stunned. “Surely you didn’t use telepathy to force his mind to consciousness!”

“Certainly not! I accidentally tripped over my robe, and it worked quite well I must say. . . I will be going to Pynx for a few days. I don’t know how long I’ll stay, but I’ll rejoin the group as soon as I can.”

“What is your purpose in going?”

“There’s something about this zetacomb. We’ve got to know more, or we’re liable to kill ourselves.” Selax gave an understanding nod at the statement.

There was a silence, then Wizard continued on another subject, “Well, my friend, you didn’t have a chance to tell about where you were earlier. You said that you’d tell me with Avatara, who is awake right now. I will be leaving soon. So now would be a good time to talk with him, don’t you think?”

________

A moment later Selax and Wizard were both knocking on Avatara’s door. He gave them consent to enter, and they softly opened it. Wizard spoke first, “I’m sorry to bother you again so soon, but there are a few things that Selax has to tell you. . . and me.” They shut the door behind them.
Wizard

#115 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:36 PM

*OoC*
I am not sure that a location for the zetacomb has been specified. Avatara, if there is anything that want me to change about my post, please let me know.
Second, I am assuming that horses are present in Cythera for this post.
*BiC*

Selax crossed to the window and stood looking out for several minutes. Leaning outside, he looked quickly around. Seeing no one, he crossed to a corner and leaned against the wall. Avatara and Wizard both told Moonshadow of what they had witnessed. Finally, after a few minutes, Selax spoke. When he started talking, he didn't stop until he was done.
"I suppose it is a story that should be told after all this time. It began a long time ago. Long even to me for it began near the end of the first eternity of the existence of the ethereal void. (I am a lot older than I may look.) At that long ago time, I still lived on my home planet, which made up a single reality in which dwelled my race. My race had many names for itself, but we most often called ourselves "Children of the Air" (divided into sons and daughters of the air).
"I was at that time something of a scientist, doing various tasks given me by a council of elders (who also were the rulers of my race). It was during my work on one of these tasks involving a series of strange earthquakes that I made a dismaying discovery. The stability of our unique reality had somehow been destabilized. This problem had a somewhat alarming side effect—an eventual, unstoppable, and complete destruction of said reality. Despite the serious nature of this problem, I knew that the Council would desire that an escape from said destruction before they would accept the data.
"Working hard, I found such an escape. I found that through an extremely painful process any one of my race could travel into the ethereal void and from there into other realities. Soon after I learned to use the process, I presented my data to the Council. They were naturally somewhat skeptical, but they agreed to allow our eldest and most distinguished scientist to review the information. That scientist was named Balthon.
"Despite all the proof that I had gathered and the increasing seriousness of the earthquakes, he rejected my data and told the Council there was no threat. He told them there was no process for entering the void. In turn, they discounted my data without even having another scientist examine it. No one else believed me over Balthon because Balthon was older, and this meant everything in our society. After some years of continuing to voice my findings and continuing to be ignored, I grew discouraged and entered the ethereal void for some time to think. It turns out that I had left at just the right time.
"I had hardly entered the void when my home exploded behind me. My calculations had not been able to determine the correct time of the destruction, and I was unaware that the problem had grown that serious. Since then, I have journeyed alone for many ages and through many realities. I had believed for all those eons that Balthon had merely been mistaken. His presence here proves otherwise. The process for entering the void is painful and takes time to master. The fact that he had taken the time to master this process while denying its existence means that he knew about the threat and lied. Thus, in effect, he murdered my entire race. That is why he and I fought. That is why I must kill him."
He looked around at the group in the room.
"I would prefer that you not tell any one of this unless necessary."
He turned and walked out the door.

Soon after the group prepared to set out. Wizard had already left for Pnyx when the rest of the group left the inn heading north. Selax moved closed to Avatara, who was riding a horse to avoid injury to his leg.
"Is there any more description of this zetacomb and its location that you can give me?" Selax asked him.
Avatara gave another description of the zetacomb and the picture of its location that DF had shown him, going into as much detail as possible. Something he said triggered a memory buried deep in Selax's mind. Avatara noticed the look on Selax's face and asked him, "Do you remember something about this?"
Selax thought for a moment before answering.
"It may be nothing, but that location sounds like an old tomb that I saw once; it was hidden in the forest across from Odemia, near the mountains. Something special was supposed to be hidden there, but at the time I considered it of little importance or merit."
"That might be a good place to start." Avatara said after thinking for a moment.
The group headed back north steering toward the mountains.

This post has been edited by Selax: 06 June 2005 - 10:52 PM

Selax

#116 User is offline   Kentonis 417 

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:16 PM

Gin saw that everyone had began packing and went to his room. Staring at his few posetions he sighed and stuffed them into a pack, swinging the pack onto his back he walked down the stairs, they others had already left and so Gin had to take a shortcut to catch up. Gin ran down the shadowy path, quite suddenly he heard a voice behind him "halt." Gin turned, "Yes?" the figure's features were convinently cloacked in shadow. "I have an amulet for you, take it and you will be rewarded later. Stay close to the leaders of the group so that I may hear what they plan. Gin nodded, "What will I get?" the figure was silent for a second and then replied. "I shall give you anything that is within my power to give." Gin smiled "Adrial." the shade sighed, "Very well, you shall have it." Gin smiled and nodded, "Very well." he walked back to the group, the amulet nowhere in site. Gin quietly observed the others and walked close enough to Avatara to hear what he said.

This post has been edited by Kentonis 417: 08 June 2005 - 06:47 PM

#117 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:21 PM

The group pressed on northward. Despite the fact that the ground was still muddy, they made good time and soon reached the edge of the woods on top of the hill that they had descended earlier. Quickly, they entered the woods.

Selax

#118 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:23 AM

-Before the group left-

After hearing Selax's story, Wizard silently headed out of the inn, saying goodbye for the second time. As he walked across the muddy soil to the Catamarca Stables, he saw the sun just starting to rise. Ah dawn, when the town wakes up. They will wonder what happened here last night, what happened to their graveyard, and why there are remains of undead just beyond the city limits. Questions for the rest of the group to answer, if they stay here much longer, I think.

Fortunately, there was a good steed for sale at the stables. Wizard was no expert on the beasts, but he did know that he got a good buy. His telepathy gave him an edge in bargaining, particularly when he used it to "persuade" the seller to cut the price in half.

Wizard rode to the edge of the city and turned his black horse in the direction of the Pynx-Cademian road.

This post has been edited by The Wizard: 09 June 2005 - 01:25 AM

Wizard

#119 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 02:30 PM

*OoC*
I think titans were used in another TS, but I think horses have also been used in others TSs. For the moment, I'll stick with horses.
*BiC*

The group pushed on into the woods. No one said much, but everyone was alert, on the watch for trouble. If they paused to camp for the night, they would reach the mountains by noon the next day. None of the group was quite certain what awaited them when they reached their destination, but they were quite certain that someone was watching them.

This post has been edited by Selax: 11 June 2005 - 02:39 PM

Selax

#120 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:41 PM

Wizard urged his horse onward. It was very fast, and Wizard was making good time. He didn't wish to be away from the group longer than he had to be. He knew that they were heading north, but he did not know where specifically. He would worry about that later.

He had been riding for hours straight, and estimated that he had covered a third of the distance to Cademia.
Wizard

#121 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:42 PM

As evening came on, the group stopped to camp for the night.
When dawn came, the group moved on. They were almost to their destination.

Selax

#122 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:55 PM

ooc: been away for a while and i will be the next week also bic:

Tej got off his "mount" and walked along side it, he also carried his gear. Tej walked over to Selax and asked, "so where is this 'zetacomb' thing again?"
old - new

iKaterei said:

#123 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:28 PM

Selax thought a moment before he replied.
"I am not sure. It is just that the location that Avatara said Desert Fox showed him sounds like an old tomb that I saw many years ago. There was talk of something important being hidden there. It somewhere ahead, carved into the mountain. I may have some difficulty finding the exact location; the area has changed much in the years since I was last here. It may be nothing, but it is our best lead."
The group moved on, rapidly nearing the mountains.

Behind them, still hidden in shadow, was the dark figure that had interfered in the battle outside Catamarca. He was quite satisfied. They were headed to the right location. However, the zetacomb was no longer of use to him, so that his orders were now just to observe. There was a possibility of that changing if his master saw some opportunity to simplify his plans.

Selax

#124 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:37 PM

The group reached the mountains around noon. They continued to head north along the base of the mountains, stopping every once in a while to search for any signs of the tomb.

Selax

#125 User is offline   Half Truth 

• PipPip

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:50 AM

The sky had cleared up and it was about midday, although the group was walking under the shade of the trees there was still quite a lot of heat that was getting through. The group was walking through something that resembled a forest, quite thick a moist. The ground was damp and spongy but not overly hard to walk over and if you were to look out through the trees you could see where the snow capped mountain was, reaching up into the heavens and amongst the clouds miles above the Earth. A lot of he plants that grew in the forests of Cythera contained plants that were unknown as of their properties, wether they were poisonous or not, most of the findings came from two groups, the people who were hungry and had to eat and the people who were drunk out of their skulls and thought that they could tell which ones were poisonous or not and they would bet on it, almost like a game of Russian Roulette.
The group stayed around the base of the mountain, as Selax had stated before, the Zetatomb may have some markings on the mountain side as to its location. No one knew what they would look like the they didn't move all that fast, the Earth its self put up some resistance to try to hinder them, boggy ground, hidden tree roots and fallen trees.
"I think its about time to eat again" Tej stated, "Its been a few hours and walking through this jungle really builds up quite a hunger."
"I am starting to get a little hunger myself, it will also give me another chance to look at the talisman and work out how to use it." Avatara replied.
"Who's turn is it to cook?" Selax asked.
"I believe its yours Selax, Tej and I will get some firewood." Medoc replied.
"First we are going to have to find a dry area to make the fire, I haven't seen any good place to make one for miles" Avatara stated.
"You really know how to kill a good idea don't you Avatara" Tej complained.
"If you gentlemen don't mind, when Desert Fox was teaching me some magic, one of the things he taught me was how to make fire, although that was for my arrows it serves the same purpose. As long as the fire doesn't get to big and we start a bush-fire we will be fine. I am a little hungry myself, are there any objections? Good." Moonshadow said, walking over to a fallen tree, giving it a slight brush and sitting on it.
"Why didn't you think of that Selax?" Medoc murmured.
"Hey, I am the cook at the moment, if you want to eat be nice." Selax threatened.
Moonshadow looked at them both and sighed. She looked at the ground for a few seconds and then a small fire started to appear out of no where, it slowly grew and then eased off and kept steadily burning. Selax went over to the food pack and got to work.

Over the next few days the group moved around the base of the mountain at a fairly slow constant speed. The area where the Zetatomb once was would be heavily overgrown and possibly quite hard to see. The forest didn't have a great deal of noises coming from within it, there were the birds and that was about all, although a few days later the forest became unusually quiet, it seemed that a lot of the birds didn't like this area. About a mile from where they had camped that night they found out why. It was by pure chance that they had found the Zetatomb, they were singing to pass the time more quickly and Moonshadow heard an echo come from the mountain, when she went and had a look she had found the entrance to the Zetatomb. It was fairly evident, Selax was able to read that writing that was written above the cave, it read 'Thy hath found the entrance unto Agnash'. There were vines draped over the entrance as it was around most of the base of the mountain, that had seemed to keep the vile smell inside the cave and not pollute the area around the cave, it was not until they entered the cave that they realized the true meaning of rotting flesh. It was evident that it had been a few hundred years since anyone had set foot in he cave as most people wouldn't even attempt entering for the smell was so overpowering.
After an hour of arguing they decided that they had to enter, Selax made a bubble around them as they entered the cave, it wasn't until they got about a hundred yards into the cave that they realized where the smell was coming from, there were hundreds of dead people, they had been there for many years. They were all wearing bronze armor which put made them about 200 years old. With the dampness of the cave and the lack of air flow it stand to reason why it was so bad in the cave. As they ventured further into the cave it started to get warmer, as they ventured further the could see a little light coming from the end of the tunnel, it didn't look like daylight, it was the wrong colour. As they got closer to the light they started to slow down.
"I wonder if anyone still lives in here?" Avarata pondered.
"Its very unlikely although stranger things have happened." Selax answered.
"I think we are going to have to go in there one way or another, we may as well do it now but be careful." Avarata said.
They all started to walk to where the light was coming from, the group of them were in awe. The entire cavern was about 200 meters in length and at least 100 in height, it looked like the inside of a Cathedral but without any windows or pictures. This entire section had been enchanted may years ago, it was fairly obvious that this was so because the walls them selves were emitting the light. In the very centre of the circular cavern was something that none of them had expected, not even Selax.

~OOK~
Sorry for taken so long to make this post, I have just been slowly adding things to it over the last few days. I finished my exams not long ago so I will have some time to post now. I tried to make this post as interesting as possible and left something at the end for some imagination.
If anyone has any problems with this post just PM me and I will edit it, most of the time it would just be from character conflicts like someone saying something that they wouldn't and thing like that. I hope to be posting again soon.
~BIC~

This post has been edited by Half Truth: 21 June 2005 - 01:17 AM

The mind controls the body, but the heart controls the mind.
Half Truth

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users