• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Shadow Games The PG-13 TS

#51 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 February 2005 - 07:47 PM

Avatara seemed confused. Normally he wouldn't have tried to ask anyone to cross a mud-slick swamp valley in the dead of night, not to mention with the ever-present danger of lightning. But something inside him urged him on, more insistant than ever, as if they delayed now, they would miss a critical opportunity.

"Do you see them?" Saria called out to Moonshadow, who had journeyed off the path a short distance in the direction Selax and Martel had vanished.

"I can't see anything, and this rain is just miserable," Moonshadow complained, emerging from the woods.

"What happened?" Tej seemed stunned.

"Martel and Selax got grabbed and...hey! Wizard, can you locate Selax?" Avatara replied, suddenly looking around for Selax's companion. The mental bond between those two should be strong enough.

"Where is Wizard anyway?" Saria asked, after a moment of silence. Avatara found himself looking at the dark object on the far end, something was definately drawing him there.

"Maybe he got grabbed too," Medoc suggested, coming out of the forest from the opposite side of the path. He shook his head, no luck locating any trace of them either.

"WIZARD!" Saria called out, the rain had distracted them, and now people were already missing.

"Got something!" Moonshadow called out from the undergrowth near where the two members were abducted. "I missed it the first time, but look!"

As Avatara shifted the ball of light closer, they were able to see footprints in the mud, a single track leading towards the spot where the two members were taken. Interestingly enough, no tracks led away.

"They aren't here," Avatara sighed. No use searching this spot for those two, they could've been zapped anywhere. He gave Moonshadow's questioning expression a nod, and she stepped out of the light. Seconds later, a white bird of prey took to the skies, braving the lightning in an attempt to spot any of their companions.

"Do you think Wizard is with them?" Medoc asked. A brief moment of silence ensued as they hoped Wizard was somewhere safe.

"Oh! I um.." Tej hesistated, as if suddenly unwilling to continue. He looked around, saw all eyes were on him, then hung his head. "Well...I overheard Martel talking about someone hunting Selax. There was something about a fight at midnight, maybe that's where they went..."

"What?" Saria burst out, "He just goes off and vanishes to pick a fight?"

"Well, someone is picking a fight with him..." Tej stumbled to try and explain.

"Damn it, Selax! Why didn't you tell us?" Avatara muttered under his breath. Why would he go off on his own, when everyone here would be willing to help? If someone was after him... Avatara suddenly began to wonder if Selax had told Wizard as well, and if maybe Wizard had gone chasing after him. He hoped if that's the case, Wizard would smack some sense into the elemental. Either way, he hoped Moonshadow could find some trace of them.

They waited for several minutes at the edge of the clearing, the rain pouring down in droves now, completely soaking all of them. The clouds above darkened, gathering together thicker than ever. The occasional rumble of thunder reached them, but the glowing orb of light obscured traces of lightning, revealing the muddy bumps and the spare patches of grass in the clearing before them.

The light was bright enough to give them seeing distance for most of the way across, but it ended before the dark rim of trees several hundred meters away, signaling the other side of the wide gulley. The light was also bright enough that it seemed to drain all color from the landscape nearby, making everything a ghastly mixture of neutral pastels. In contrast, the woods behind them were made even darker, as if the darkness itself was a giant beast, waiting for a careless step before it engulfed them, as it had with their companions.

Finally, a small bird flew downward, and Avatara dimmed the orb so it could land.

"How is it up there?" he asked Moonshadow, as she wiped the hair out of her face. Her normally graceful clothing covered in mud at the bottom.

She shook her head, "Its easier to see up there, but I can't find them." Moonshadow took hold of her right sleeve and began squeezing water out of it. "This gully stretches for quite some distance, it must have been made within the past year. It is almost as if something carved out the land: from above its just a gash."

She pointed across the wide gulley, "The graveyard should just be on the other side. There's also a line of torches on a big wall to the west, but the creatures with them aren't human."

Avatara sighed and thought for a moment. Wherever they had gone, those three would have to be on their own for now, there was nothing the group could do. Not in these conditions. The feeling inside him was growing more frantic, urging him onward, forward. If, as Moonshadow had said, the gulley was long, they would only waste time trying to find a way around it. Which meant, they needed to get across the muddy field, and soon.

"We'll have to trust that they can take care of themselves and move on. There's no time to wait."

Saria cast a questioning look at Moonshadow before following out into the unforgiving onslaught of rain.
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#52 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2005 - 12:20 AM

Selax stood facing the cloaked figure across the narrow clearing. He knew that the others would have been willing to help him, but it was his duty-the others would only have been in danger if they tried to help him, otherwise they would be okay. He stirred and answered the figure's question.
"No, Balthon. On the contrary, you disgust me."
Balthon smiled again.
"Good. Before all I did was make you angry and fearful about the others. That means some things can change."
Selax didn't rise to the bait. Instead, he asked, "I don't suppose that you'd want to tell me why you convinced the Ruling Council to ignore my findings and warnings? Your presence here indicates that you knew that I was telling the truth and lied to them, thus you murdered an entire civilization. Why?"
"Maybe I was bored. In any case, why should I tell you? You are still as narrow-minded as you were when we last met. It doesn't matter. I wonder. . . Have you gotten any better with your swords?"
Balthon produced two swords from within his robe. Selax drew his own two swords. Balthon looked around and spoke one last time.
"Fitting that it should end here, isn't it?"
Then, he leapt in the air and Selax leapt to meet him.
The sounds of a battle came from the direction of the dam.
Thunder rumbled and the rain continued to pour down as the swords of the last two Sons of Air came together.

This post has been edited by Selax: 20 February 2005 - 12:46 AM

Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#53 User is offline   Mr. Somebody 

• The Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:10 PM

Martel cleared his eyes and stared at the dam. As an elf, he could see far and clearly. He turned to the woman next to him. "Each torch bearer is next to a bomb. They've set them on both sides of the bridge, and soon they're going to light, invoking mass suicide and the flooding of the valley. There is no way we can kill one of them without the rest lighting their bombs," Martel reasoned, "And there's no way we can kill all of them at once without igniting the bombs. You said they were waiting for a signal." The woman nodded. "We have to destroy the signal."
"Just the thought of a rap version of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony or 'Achy, Breaky Heart' is bound to make people smile." -Justice Anthony Kennedy, Campbell v. Acuff (2005)

"Haul your ass, Harry, but haul it slowly, or you'll sink the damn boat." -George Washington

Barbarian Films

#54 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:17 AM

As the group was running along, Tej called upon the forces of nature, lightning the rain a little, and he encouraged the mud to harden. The group was able to move more swiftly, but would it be enough? Tej wondered.
old - new

iKaterei said:

i wish i could put ... in all caps

#55 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:10 PM

Selax and Balthon met in midair. As both were capable of flying, there didn't seem a point in fighting on the ground. Both were two of the deadliest sword masters that lived, but they fought mostly in a fighting style that was obviously designed for their unique abilities (although both augmented their fighting with their experience of other fighting styles).
Balthon drove Selax back with the force of his initial attack, but, through the blinding dance of swords, Selax managed to kick Balthon in the side, evening the fight.
Balthon backed up, circling for an opening. Selax counterattacked, but Balthon parried the blows successfully, launching his own attack.
Selax blocked the attack and the two began to exchange blows with dizzying speed, but neither could force the other back.
The rain continued to pour down.

Selax

#56 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:52 PM

Saria pressed forward ahead of the rest of the group. As they drew closer and closer to the graveyard, she was completely disheartened by the sight.

The enemy had reached the graveyard first. Beyond the medium sized graveyard was a small grave on the outside under a large rock. Surrounding that were two shadow warriors, the wraith, and DF.

DF looked dark. His power felt different, more sickly, dark and deadly. He was concentrating his power with the wraith and the two shadow warriors.

It suddenly struck Saria, those warriors were one and the same with those she trained with. The dark soul that had taken DF was learning his spells for use against them. She realised, from experience, what a handful these things could be alone, but two of them. That was going to be a handful.

Saria quickly retreated back to the group, and relayed the information. Things were looking grim.
Banana banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie!

#57 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:41 PM

Tej continued to advance with the group bu broke off, and headed side ways, comming up with a plan on his way.
old - new

iKaterei said:

#58 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:01 PM

Another being of some kind. It lingered in every shadow, behind every tree. Wizard could sense it partially. He spoke nothing of it, though. While it did provoke him to deep thought more often than usual, he was certain the others in the group were beginning to suspect that something else was there.

______

It grabbed Martel and Selax, pulling them away from there. Wizard was slow in his reaction, and he had not been able to accompany them on whatever trip they were taking now.

It was but a moment before the rest of the group noticed that their comrades were not there. They had begun searching, but no one took note of Wizard walking away. He did not feel their presence in the forest. They must be ahead somewhere.

______

The old telepath, wet and tired, looked longingly back at the faint glow emanating from where the group was. They were making steady progress across the valley. Mr. Wizard had used telekinesis mostly to glide along as well as he could. It wasn’t very practical but it was silent and untraceable.

How stupid I was! Wizard lamented. He had rashly gone after Martel and Selax, hoping to find them. He now saw reason: Martel and Selax were not on the valley floor, they were in the mountains. He had pointlessly left the group. Now, with his manna drained to a degree, he could not safely head back. The danger of a flood was not gone. The group, he felt sure, could handle themselves.

Whether they know it or not, the power they wield together is sufficient to protect them from most of the dangers of water. All they need is to use a little wisdom, which I am sure they will should the need arise. As for me. . . Wizard knew that, had he his full strength, he could defend himself from a small flood if necessary. However, hovering such a vast distance as he had did not come without cost. He was too drained to stop the massive waves that a storm of this kind could produce, and he could not risk the travel back to the group now.

Since he was almost at the edge of the valley, he proceeded, hoping to find a place to rest on the other side.

______

It was Catamarca at last!

Wizard’s joy did not last long, though. He saw Desert Fox and several minions partaking in some dark spell. He did not have the strength to stop them, though. So he took a short detour, keeping them in sight all the time, trying to avoid detection.

Mr. Wizard entered the city. It was asleep. The street lamps were on, but there was also some light emitting from DF. Wizard sat down by a pool near the front of town that was now overflowing a little. There was a small awning which sheltered him for the most part.

He sat and watched, but it was bothering him. He couldn’t lay here and do nothing while this was going on. He knew that he did not have the power to stop it though. The others should be here soon. Surely they can do something. Maybe I can too. . .

Summoning what magic he had, Wizard tried to penetrate the abyss between DF and reality. He was trying to avoid the attention of the being now in control of DF’s body, but he had to try to reach DF. Perhaps only the talisman can do this, but if I can just contact him, he may be able to help us intervene.
Wizard

#59 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:47 PM

Although both Selax and Balthon were hard to hurt physically by normal, they could hurt each other in physical combat. Thus, their sword combat was intermixed with occasional blows. Still, neither had seriously hurt the other. The desperate fight continued, with neither having a clear advantage.
Selax was worried. He couldn't continue this fight for long. The assassin might arrive soon and he had no one to deal with her. He began to look for a way out of the fight. They could finish this later. He concluded that there might not be a quick way out and he might be stuck for some time. Grimly, he launched into another attack.

Selax

#60 User is offline   Harlequins 

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:43 AM

Cara sat watching the two sword fighters with interest.
They had each dealt blows that would kill a normal person yet they lived and continued fighting.
Now was the time was right, this time she would hit him.
She pulled out her Kris and aimed.
Halt! For We Are the Harlequins
Halt! Or You Will Suffer Pain
Halt! In Your Steeps Now, And Die Where You Stand

#61 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:45 PM

Tej called upon the powers of the wind, and begun creating a twister. After the twister grew to sufficient size, he directed it towards DF. He then ran at them, hoping that this would distract the enemy from the party.

He pulled out his sword as the wind currents changed again. DF, his two shadow warriors, and the wraith now looked towards the twister, one of the four cast some ancient spell which cut the twister in half, almost sending a ring of rain out.

The ring of water didn't make it far, as the two halves became two twisters, sucking the rain back around them. But then another ancient spell dispelled the entire druidic spell. Two rings of water went flying out this time, it was quite an interesting sight.

As they hit the ground, the two rings created a wave of mud the went about a few feet but was about five feet tall, which made a loud noise when it hit. It was almost a chain reaction, big peices of mud went flying into more mud, and so on. Tej considered his options, he slowed his pace and waited so that he would hit the four the same time the party would.

EDIT: Gramatical Stuff

-DJ

This post has been edited by Dark Jet: 02 March 2005 - 07:48 PM

old - new

iKaterei said:

#62 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2005 - 08:22 PM

*OoC*

They had each dealt blows that would kill a normal person yet they lived and continued fighting.

Harlequins, both of my characters can enchant their swords (I hadn't originally intended to give them that ability, but DF had Selax do it in Echoes), so their sword blows can kill each other. However, if you are referring to hitting or throwing each other into stuff, then they could take quite a bit of that.
*BiC*

As Cara raised the Kris to throw it, the two elementals had moved to a tree across the clearing from her. Just before she could throw the weapon, lightening struck the tree, stopping her. When the light faded, she could no longer see either Selax or his antagonist.

Selax was tumbling through the air over the lake. He stopped himself in midair and tried to get his bearings. Suddenly, he sensed Balthon above him and looked up to see him swooping down from above. Selax rose to meet him and the force of the collision tumbled the two through the air. Righting themselves, they rushed at each other.

Selax

#63 User is offline   Harlequins 

Posted 03 March 2005 - 05:26 AM

Cara pondered her next move carefully…
A wicked grin grew on her face, she knew exactly what to do.
she turned and hurried of into the night.

There was her target Selax’s Saviour this time she shall not be so lucky.
Cara silently crept up to Moonshadow she once again removed her Kris from its sheath.
In a flash Cara slipped the blade under Moonshadows throat.
“Call for Selax now! Or you will die” Cara commanded.

"OOC" i did mean them hitting each other with swords at first but it can mean other objects and spells.

Also how do you get the little photo in your porfile to be seen by ohter members... or is it that i cant see it but othere members can?
"BIC"

This post has been edited by Harlequins: 03 March 2005 - 05:34 AM

Halt! For We Are the Harlequins
Halt! Or You Will Suffer Pain
Halt! In Your Steeps Now, And Die Where You Stand

#64 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:12 PM

DF stood fast as his minions fought his enemies.

Yes, this new body will do nicely the jet black thoughts coursed through his mind

He surveyed the battle and smiled as he was now free to do as he wished.

Then it happened again.

A large flash nearby and suddenly, searing hot light energy was coursing down his body. Agony writhed through all his veins, and he knew he had to leave, this power was going to eat him alive.

It was at this point, DF disappeared, and his presence soon left as well. Despite this, the little army he had assembled fought on.

---

The Wizard was hunched over on the ground. The same jolt nearly knocked him out, but it was fully necessary to force the retreat. At least, thats what DF said when he helped unleash it. The blast broke free the bindings that kept DF at bay in his own body. Now it was just a matter of taking control.

Wizard drew himself back up and looked back over the fight, and jumped right back into it

#65 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2005 - 12:53 AM

[NB: Letsiya still hasn't said her name; it's just easier to write with one]

"Alright," Letsiya said. "They were smart enough to put in failsafes, so we'll need to take out a few signals. I can bring us in and keep the signals from going off, but you'll need to do the dirty work. We've only got a few minutes' time before they go off, though."

"Right. I'll do what's needed," Martel replied. He unsheathed his sword and looked out into the valley. "Will we need to... 'jump' again?"

Letsiya nodded. "It's a shorter leap, though, and it won't be nearly as sudden." She put her hand on Martel's shoulder and closed her eyes. The torches on the dams flickered out and reappeared again. Moments later, everything around them faded to black again. "We're shielded off now," she whispered. "No light can get in or out. You'll need to take out the guard - or whatever it is - yourself..."

Martel looked at the guard, who was still waiting for a signal from the valley, in the opposite direction. He gripped his sword and raised it in readiness.

#66 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2005 - 04:51 PM

Above the lake, Selax and Balthon continued to slash at each other with no signs of tiring.
Selax realized that at this height with their swords drawn lightning might hit them. He began to retreat back down toward the ground. Balthon followed, continuing to attack.

Selax

#67 User is offline   Mr. Somebody 

• The Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:38 AM

Martel and Letsiya jumped again. Martel was a little shocked, but he was more ready this time. Martel approached behind the first signal bearer. He would need to do it quickly, before anyone else could notice. There was a small fire, sheilded by a rock so that it would not be mistaken for the signal. Then there was a larger, unlit fire that was the signal. Martel watched the guard scan the valley. Drawing a dagger silently, Martel walked directly behind the guard, and thrust the dagger powerfully into the guard's neck. The guard was dead instantly. Martel smartly removed the dagger, and grabbing the guard's neck, lowered him to the ground. Martel quickly put out the fire, and grabbing the first of his waterskins, poured it entirely onto the wood. Noone could relight that in a hurry. "How many more?" Martel asked, wiping his dagger on some leaves. "Two." Letsiya replied. "Great," Martel sheathed his dagger and took a deep breath, preparing for the next jump. "Let's go then."
"Just the thought of a rap version of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony or 'Achy, Breaky Heart' is bound to make people smile." -Justice Anthony Kennedy, Campbell v. Acuff (2005)

"Haul your ass, Harry, but haul it slowly, or you'll sink the damn boat." -George Washington

Barbarian Films

#68 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:06 PM

Feeling steel against her throat, Moonshadow glanced behind herself uneasily, and cursed herself for her carelessness. Under normal circumstances, she would have both heard and sensed the stranger before she could have reached her. So this is the assassin? She wondered. She'd have to do something - should she call for Selax? Recalling the wound the stranger had inflicted last time, she had to repress a shudder. No, she didn't want a repeat experience of that - but then, she had no real idea what else the woman was capable of, and she wasn't at all sure Selax would hear her - plus, she had no real intention of putting anyone else in danger.
So what then? The assassin behind her seemed to be getting impatient, so Moonshadow nodded her head ever so slightly. "I barely know him," she whispered. "I doubt he would come to my call."
"Hn. So why did you save him, then?" The stranger demanded, sounding doubtful.
Couldn't very well let him get killed, could I? Moonshadow thought sarcastically, but didn't say it out loud in case she tried her captor's patience too hard. Instead she replied: "It was reflex, lady. I saw the blade and jumped." Inconspiciously, slowly, an icicle was forming in her right hand. Hopefully her captor wasn't wearing too much armor. "If you could, please, lower the blade a bit? I will call him, but.. I don't want to be cut..."
Grudgingly, Cara lowered the blade just a little bit, allowing her to draw in more breath. "I'm sorry," Moonshadow murmured, taking a deep breath - and ramming the icicle back into the stranger's side as deeply as she could. The woman yelped - more in surprise than pain - and Moonshadow used the moment's distraction to dive under her arm, calling on her magic to transform her and take her to the sky, now grateful to the weather that was quickly obscuring her from sight in the dark.
Now if only I knew where Avatara and the others are... She wasn't sure how she'd gotten seperated from the others in the first place, but she didn't want to face off against a potentially very dangerous assassin all on her own. Nope, definitely not.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

#69 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:35 PM

Selax and Balthon were once again on the ground. They were on the outskirts of Catamarca, just out of sight of the graveyard. Because of the storm, no one was outside and the noise of the sword fight was mostly drowned out by the thunder. Balthon shoved Selax against one of the houses but was hit in the side in the process. Selax sprang off the wall. Balthon blocked and again the two backed away from each other, looking for openings.

Selax

#70 User is offline   Mr. Somebody 

• The Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2005 - 11:58 PM

After a short time, involving a few jumps, Martel was finished. All of the signal carriers had been killed. Breathing a sigh of releif, he sat down upon a small rock, and saw his companions rushing for the bridge. They were safe. "Wait a minute..." Martel paused, "The signals won't fire, but what if the guards take initiative when the party crosses the dam? The valley is still flooded!" Letsiya thought for a moment, and then turned to Martel. "You know what you have to do." Martel nodded, "Kill them." She nodded in reply. "I can help, though. If you attack from one location, they will take you out and light the dam. I can jump you around them quickly so you can shoot one of them at a time from different locations so that it will seem like they are being ambushed from many different directions. They'll be confused, and you can easily defeat them all." Martel pulled out his throwing knives, eight for all eight guards. "Deal. Let's hurry." After a moment, he nodded. He was ready. "Oh, one last thing," Letsiya replied, "I'll have to stay here to keep myself safe, because..." were the last words Martel heard before being thrown down to the dam, ready to kill.

Barbarian Films

#71 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:24 PM

Saria let out a strangled cry as Avatara yanked her collar harshly backwards, throwing them both out of the path of the exploding mud. They landed heavily in wet mud, Saria's elbow driving into his gut, knocking the wind out of him. The explosion of mud passed by, filling the air with dirty rain and drawing the attention of the two shadow warriors, who ran off to pursue the source of their trouble.

"Now's our..." Avatara gasped, trying to regain his breath, "run!" he pointed frantically in another direction. He lost his concentration, the light spell extinguished, casting them both in an almost absolute darkness, lit only by scattered flashes of magic and lightning in the distance.

"What? You saw him, how can you think of leaving him here? We have to help him!" Saria screamed.

Avatara coughed, his face was half-covered in dirt, his clothes were soaked and ruined, and his muddy hands would be of no use in clearing the grime away from his eyes. "What can we do? You've seen those things in action before! If we had our entire group then maybe we'd stand a chance, but who knows where everyone is? We need to pull everyone back, regroup..." He rested on his hands and knees on the slippery ground, trying frantically to sort out the confused thoughts raging in his head. The burning feeling that had driven him here earlier had extinguished, leaving him disoriented and depressed.

"So you just really want to give up just because you're wet and cold and you lost everybody? After all that hype and talk about getting here earlier, you just want to give up now?" Saria glared at him, rising to her feet. Another nearby explosion sent mud pelting down, but neither of them noticed. There was something about her that frightened him, but he couldn't quite place it.

"Of course not!" Avatara shouted back, "I want Fox back just as much as you do-"

"That's a lie!" she screamed. "Look at you, all high and mighty as long as everybody does what you want them to do."

"What's wrong with you? Think for a minute!"

"I am! And I'm going!"

"Saria, we don't stand a chance! You'll just get everybody killed!" She didn't look back as she jogged off, quickly leaving his field of vision. "SARIA!" he screamed.

It was her eyes, he decided. For a moment there, she was aflame with an intensity he'd never seen in her before, something dark that most assuredly didn't belong. No helping it, he pulled himself to his feet, started to go after her, but his foot caught, twisting in an unnatural direction, driving him back to the ground. Another explosion, somebody screamed, he couldn't place the voice.

He tested his ankle, something had definately snapped, and in his mental state he had no chance at successfully healing it. Avatara swore, slamming his fist into the gravestone he rested on, ignoring the sharp flare of pain, not feeling the liquid oozing out. It can't be helped, he had to follow her no matter what.

Fighting the pain, Avatara crawled to his feet, and hobbled in the direction he saw her run, towards the sound of battle.
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#72 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:26 PM

Selax and Balthon continued to fight to a seeming standstill. Neither had yet seriously hurt the other. In the course of their struggle they had moved into view of the graveyard, still out of sight of where Desert Fox's minions were.
In a free moment Selax thought he saw someone moving in the graveyard, but he couldn't quite make the person out. Before he had a chance to look again, Balthon was on him, attacking viciously. Selax blocked and the fight continued.

Selax

#73 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:29 PM

Wizard rested his hand on a large boulder and leaned against it, breathing heavily. The group, or what was left of it, had arrived shortly after Wizard had reached DF’s mind. They had obviously been scattered about somehow during the storm.

Fortunately, Wizard was able to communicate with DF through telepathy at the close proximity that he had tried within. Together they unleashed a small nova of energy, nothing much to anyone else, but capable of releasing DF from his imprisonment. He had only to retake control of his body.

DF’s captor must know that he is no longer free to do as he pleases without a struggle from DF, otherwise he would not have retreated so swiftly. For the better, I suppose, we are not prepared for a confrontation with him yet. . . But I do wonder who it is that has so much power within Desert Fox’s body. I wonder who else might know. Perhaps the answer is within my sight, I just can’t see it.

The nova, however, alerted the shadow warriors to Wizard’s presence. Even while the group was fighting, Wizard had been able to lay undetected, devoting all his strength to breaking through to DF. Now he would have to fight.

As their leader fled, the warriors turned on Wizard. He straightened himself up and lashed out at the nearest one with his staff, striking it with the most power he could put behind it. The warrior was unfazed, and it swung its sword in response. Wizard didn’t block very well, however, and was knocked to the ground, his staff landing feet away. The shadow warrior stood over him and prepared to pierce his heart.

At that moment, a large quantity of mud pelted the shadow warriors and Wizard. Seemingly forgetting Wizard, the Shadow warriors went to pursue whatever had caused the explosion of mud.

Hooray for the group. Wizard thought, happy to have avoided a fight with the warriors alone.

Wizard stood up slowly and caught his breath. He drew his staff back to his hand and began to walk towards the small army, using his staff more as a walking stick. The ground was muddy, and Wizard was, too. This he was not too pleased about, but he knew that the mud had saved his life.

Avatara, Saria, Tej, Medoc—the only ones here. Hmm, Moonshadow should arrive soon. I know where Selax is. . .Huh, he is surprisingly near here, but now where is Martel. Ahh, the undesirable events of a stormy evening.

As soon as Wizard reached the nearest enemy, he began to fight with all the strength he could muster.

Wizard fought until his strength left him. He was exhausted and had already pushed himself to the limit. Having defeated many foes already, he was able to hobble away unnoticed.

He was not far from Catamarca, so he headed that way.

Wizard entered the city much in the same way he had earlier that evening, only this time he headed to the inn. The town was unstirred, even by the sounds of battle. The street lamps provided enough light for Wizard to locate the inn. He stepped up to the door and banged on it with his staff. No answer. No lights were on inside. The town was truly asleep.

Wizard sank down to the ground, resting against the door. As he closed his eyes, he let his thoughts wander for one moment. Avatara and Saria are not fighting with the others. Where are they even? Why was DF even in the graveyard, and what was he casting? . . . Perhaps I will have an answer to my questions in the morning. Yes, in the morning, his thoughts quietly trailed off as he fell to sleep, genuine sleep, for the first time in months.
Wizard

#74 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2005 - 12:52 AM

Selax dodged as Balthon's sword came down again. The blow meant for him instead slammed into the fence. Quickly, Selax jumped at Balthon, who twisted quickly blocking and then backing up. For a moment, there was lull in the storm. Both Selax and Balthon stared at each other for a moment in the sudden calm. Then, thunder boomed and Balthon lunged. Selax blocked and again counterattacked. The storm began to pick up-the rain poured down faster than before and still neither Selax nor Balthon could gain an advantage.

Selax

#75 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2005 - 11:37 PM

ooc: Half truth, if you rather have Medoc doing something else let me no and ill edit him out. bic:

In an attempt to prevent DF from running away, Tej concentrated on the ground. Everything started to shake, grave stones fell over, and then the wraith struck. Distracted, Tej let the earthquake go lose. Medoc swung at the wraith, but it phased in and out, causing Medoc to stumble. It turned around and fought him, Tej focused on the earthquake but was too late from it spreading beyond his immediate control.

The quake spread all the way across the valley to the dam, Tej stopped it from advancing further, but a boulder fell lose and made a small scratch in the dam. The water behind the dam had been crashing against it, and with the small scratch came a small crack which then led to the dam splitting in half.

Tej was about to tell Medoc to warn the others of the flood but the wall of water came into view and panic filled him. He froze up, and the wall of water grew in speed, there was only a few seconds till the valley, graveyard and the very edge of Catamarca.

-DJ
old - new

iKaterei said:

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users