Ambrosia Software Web Board: Echoes from the Past (TS) - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Echoes from the Past (TS) Two Dragons, One Destiny...

#101 User is offline   Kentonis 8356 

• Group: Members

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:05 PM

Joru kept beating his wings, he would not give up, not until Draconis was rested enough, he was tired of being on the sidelines much of the time. Joru wanted to make a difference and if he could do it by flying and taking the weight for a time at least he would have done good for the group, time and pain became meaningless, he was intent only upon his task and performed it well. He hummed anceint tunes to himself, a mental blast hit him with a ferocity he had never felt before.

<JORU!> it was draconis

<i'm fine my freind> he assured Draconis.

<FINE? You are half dead u moron, give me that pole NOW!> Draconis roared to emphasise his point.

<alright,> Joru conceded after examining Draconis' strength, he flew up onto Draconis' back once the dragon had hold. <Would you like me to play something?> he asked Draconis

<Yes, if you would, the march my freind, play me the march of our armies> and Joru pulled from a magical poket a case, from it he pulled an instrument, it was long and Joru's fingers rested on crystals, a ring wet about his neck and a small crystal touched the back of his head, Joru closed his eyes and began to play, the song that came from it was quick and good, images flashed about, from those of a gigantic army marching across a grassy plain to battles at which the army of Kentaries fought and won each engagment, there were great asemblies and men being promoted, there were young graduates standing proudly in their new uniforms, there were battle hardened vetrens and there were camps at which millions surrounded camp fires telling storys and laughing, there were in particullar a young cadet and a old vetren, Joru and Draconis fighting side by side. draconis smiled, if a dragon can and his pace increaced.

<Thank you> Draconis called as Joru stored his instrument back in it's case.

<I was happy to play for ya,> Joru put the case in his poket (not an actual poket but more of a place where things may be stored in an alternate demension.) Then Joru leaned back and closed his eyes a smile on his face as he drifted off to sleep
"I don't like to fight, but it's my life, it's all I know" Joru at the council of elders, on Kentaries III

"I like drinks, they make me forget everything, even the important things in life. Gin
sitting alone in the back of the bar.

#102 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:28 PM

Selax turned to the Wizard and asked,"Please, set aside that journal and see if you can locate Avatara and Theo. Time is running out! I think that we will find their help invaluable in what is no doubt sure to happen."
In a quieter voice, he said,"It is just as I feared. No sign of life, no sign of the miners or that they ever where even here! I think that we can safely expect a great deal of trouble very shortly, but before then we must find that other dragon and rescue Avatara and Theo!"
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#103 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:22 PM

The Wizard looked at Selax and hid the journal in his robe. "Very well. I shall seek them out, but I can make no promises." With that he shut his eyes tightly and attempted to find their two missing comrades.

He must be here somewhere. I know that he is here. More mountains and more and more. Endless rocky shelves. Canyons, rivers. Where is it? Black. Something dangerous, far away. Once again that power from within, but it is weakening. It grows fainter. Yes. I see it now. The dragon.

He saw it clearly, too fascinated to leave this state. Then he saw the eyes. It turned and stared. It must be looking at him. How could this be? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. You know nothing! Weak. Ha, ha, ha, ha. You shall never defeat me! The words, deep and cruel resounded in the Wizard's mind. He felt a power creep into him and attempt to overwhelm him. You shall not win! It sounded again. Chaos in the Wizard's mind. No!, he thought, booming his mind and voice with all the power he had at his command. Be gone, for we shall destroy you!

Selax, I believe I have found them, but it might be a deception. It tried to overpower me. I suspect that we have underestimated its mental powers. Fortunately, I was able to break free before anything irrevocable could occur. Their is something evil about this place. That journal has been a wealth of information. There is, however, another part. Keep your eyes open. Wherever we end up from here, we must be careful, at all costs!

Hmm.
He had broken his mental link to Selax after the short warning. Scryllia was almost out of her deep trance, but she was still requiring quite a bit of power to be held up. He observed Juro. Yes. I see now the great loyalty and willingness. However, he could have killed himself. I must keep a closer eye, or rather watch, on everyone.

He quickly spoke to Draconis.Looks like you were right. I shall endeavor harder to pay attention in the future.
Wizard

#104 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:42 PM

So calm. So quiet.

There wasn't any need to move around. Just lying there lazily was perfect.

A euphoria washed over her as she dozed with not a care in the world. The voice had told her gently to wait here, and all would be well.

For what seemed so long had she carried a loneliness inside her. Even among her kind she hadn't been truly at peace, not truly one with her brood. Yet here, none of that mattered, she belonged here with ecstasy racing through her veins, lulling her senses into a gentle sleep. The voice soothed her with urges to rest, to enjoy the peace that was her righteous reward for her suffering.

Scyrillia was compelled to comply, after all what reason was there not to? Something in the back of her mind recalled a group of mortals, but that aroused more feelings of loneliness and she banished those thoughts. The voice returned, sensing her momentary distress, and soothed her back into a state of relaxation.

She rested her head on the ground as the voice commanded and let go of her se...wait, commanded? She wasn't someone to be commanded by others! Instantly she attempted to get up, to defy this loathsome intruder, but the soft ground turned into a sticky molasses and she had to struggle to move. Her rage grew with her frustration as her wings caught in the impenetrable glue holding her down. For an instant her mind caught a glimpse of another dragon, a black one, lashing out at the chains that bound him to a world of pain.

She remembered her purpose, to help save the last of her kind. She remembered her plea to the mortals, and their promise to find what could perhaps be her only hope. With a strengthening determination she managed to tear one wing free, allowing her to rear up and intensify her struggle. Scryillia could sense the presence of the group pledged to her cause nearby, but it was as if they were behind some invisible barrier and forced to only call out to her. She shifted her struggle towards that direction, hoping it would provide a way out. Scryillia a voice called, yet it was a different voice, one she had heard before.

Finally the mass yielded and she managed to tear her other wing free. She launched herself in the direction of the call, hoping to hear more, hoping it would lead to a way out. The ground beneath rose up and for an instant it seemed she would be trapped again, but with a beat of her wings she managed to soar away from its clutches. Scryillia! the voice called again, a voice she recognized belonged to the mortal named Wizard. Flying towards the voice, intent on finding this 'Vashnij' she had been shown. With a cry of determination she broke free of the chains binding her to this dream land and crashed into reality.

Right away Scyrillia knew something was wrong, when she couldn't feel her body. Panic rose as she found herself drifting through air, practically weightless as if she was no longer alive. Sensing magic flowing around her, she thought she had fled one trap only to be caught in another. As she thrashed about frantically trying to tear the telekinetic spell she 'felt' Wizard mentally shoving out at something, and suddenly she was falling, yet she was herself again. Catching a crosswind, she pumped her wings and glided, regaining her mental awareness of the real world around her.

As her panic subsided she recognized the group was above her, they must have been carrying her, for they had journeyed from where she had last remembered being. With a nod in their direction, she adjusted their course slightly and soared towards the mountain where she was sure Vashnij awaited.
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#105 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2004 - 07:34 PM

Selax was glad that Scyrillia was awake. For one thing they, would probably need her help and she seemed to know where the other dragon was. She was moving quickly but not too fast for everyone else to keep up. He was flying along behind her as was Draconis with everyone else. Selax was a little in front of the others because he had turned himself invisible to see what the other dragon's reaction would be and he wished to know whether the others would need to stay back to give the dragon time to realize that they were not its enemies or would be able to come right away.

The Death King was also pleased. Everything was going according to plan. The board was set; the pieces were moving; and he was almost ready to win.

This post has been edited by Selax: 28 September 2004 - 07:42 PM

Selax

#106 User is offline   Kentonis 8356 

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:46 PM

Now that Scryillia was awake Joru realised there was no reason for him to remain with the group at all times, he set out straight ahead on the path Scryillia had chosen. landing in the rocks far ahead he went up the mountainside on foot. being as quiet as he could he walked forward, dropping to his stomach at every lip. finally he saw the dragon, he sent out a tentative thought to the two who had been lost, the sheild was still impenatrable, Joru grimaced and then sneaking away as quietly as he had come he made his way a safe distance down the mountain side and then took wing, flying down the mountain side and over the plains, he rejoined the group and told them what had happened "As you know i can neither confirm or deny that Avatara and or Theo is dead. I can't get passed that dragon's sheild if you want to call it that, so i surmise my little venture wasn't worth a dime." Joru finished his tail <draconis, the others wouldn't understand but as best i can measure the dragon rates about 99, 89, 75, 67; if that helps you any> draconis was silent for several minutes <I rate a 85, 70, 99, 64; that dragon out rates me by far, i can't beat it alone, and from my 'impressions' of the others we may of may not win, Scryillia might be the only one who can keep us all from being dragon food, if you'll excuse the pun> Joru was shocked, <Surely all of us together> draconis grimaced <afraid it may not be enough, that dragon is old, smart, angry, and i belive knows his limits,> Joru noeded and turned to the others, then turned away, <i can't trouble them with this news, and besides you know how inacurate our 'immpressions' can be, especially the breif one i got on the dragon.> draconis nodded <true, but I was mearly stating the truth based upon the statistics we have, and you full bred humans are so unpredictable that my 'impressions' could be so screwed up that the dragon could be a stick figure next to them, i know our strengths and it is impossable for us two alone to kill him, beat him off, and run we have done. Though even that was mostly luck.> Joru nodded <No use troubling the others yet.> <agreed> Draconis cut the connection and Joru stared at the ground far below them, deep in thought.
"I don't like to fight, but it's my life, it's all I know" Joru at the council of elders, on Kentaries III

"I like drinks, they make me forget everything, even the important things in life. Gin
sitting alone in the back of the bar.

#107 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 03 October 2004 - 02:32 PM

Ooc: sorry it toke me for ever to post, been kinda busy with my new imac g5... oh well here it goes. Bic:

Talryn lowered his sword and said, "Who are you, and what are you?"

Tej did the same, "I am Tej Krad, a halfling of the Atulin and druid/human. My father was Kelar, and my Mother was Atulin, her names was Raltek. What about you?"

Talryn put away his sword and the two talked while walking, becoming some what close friends. Talryn learned about the Atulin and Tej's past, and about his vow to kill someone named the Death King. The death king...hmm who come that name sounds familiar? <flash back> "hurry up guys please, i dont know how much longer i can hold this dragon up..." </flashback> the more i think of it...something to do with undead..<flash> Talryn saw a "person" standing on a mountain side laughing and raising undead. </flash>

"so thats were i've seen him before..." Tlaryn said aloud. "Who, the death King?"
"Yes, before i fell down here i was helping a group of adventures/my friends...(Talryn tells the tale)"
-------
about a day later (time is different in the cave)
-------
"By any chance, do you know how do get out of here?" Talryn looked at his friend. Talryn stopped walking as he recongized this was the place where he had fallen.

"Yes i believe i do, hmm so this is where you fell, this maybe is the only entrance/exit from this cave. Search your mind for the storm crow spell and slowly cast it." Talryn did this and looked at his friend from the eyes of a storm crow. Talryn saw Tej casting what appeared to be the same spell, except when he was done changing he looked more like a Hippogryph then a crow. <This will work. okay ill cast the hottest fireball i can make at the roof, while you cast the coldest ice bolt at the roof in the same spot. after that you will have to hurry beacuse the roof will reseal very quickly.>

The two did that and flew through the roof into the cool night air. <wow, talryn this world is amazing.> Talryn landed and read the note. He just looked at Tej then took off, and the Hippogryph and Storm Crow flew towards the two dragons, the Death King, and possibly certain death.

-Dark Jet
old - new

iKaterei said:

i wish i could put ... in all caps

#108 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2004 - 04:50 PM

The Death King watched as the group neared the dragon. He watched as DesertFox and his friend sought for the dragon. He watched Talryn and Tej rapidly catch up to the group. He looked at the undead army below him (hidden from the sight of others). It was time for him to move his forces towards the dragon as well, although he wouldn't attack just yet. Slowly, the invisible army began to move in the same direction as everyone else.

Selax hoped that whoever else was still following them would get to the dragon in time. He hoped that everyone else in the group would be ready for what would come when they reached the dragon.

*OoC*
Hint to others, who haven't posted recently but are still in, to post. Else, they might run out of time to get their ideas worked in (that and, according to the IRC topic, we should encourage people who have not posted recently to post). Please, be encouraged to post if you have time.
For those, who are not on IRC, the list is DesertFox, dusk, GlueBubble, Half Truth, Hamster2, Katerei, Madaya, Pallas, Talos, and Theo.
*BiC*

This post has been edited by Selax: 03 October 2004 - 04:52 PM

Selax

#109 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:09 PM

<i hear something Tej, and i dont like the sound of it.>

<what is it? i hear a dragon and the party members breath and talk. What disturbs you?>

<i hear foot steps, they hit the ground hard, if it were not for these ears i may have not heared them. They sound some what familar, Its like the leg is tired but is forced to walk...> Talryn said and looked to see where the noise only he could hear, was comming from.
old - new

iKaterei said:

#110 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 04 October 2004 - 06:07 PM

<Stay up here Tej, im goning down...> Talryn swooped down low to the ground and headed towards the noise. Tej flew up to the group and told the others. As Talryn neared the sound, it grew louder. <go figure.>

Talryn soared right "above" the noise but couldn't see anything.
---
The Death King laughed at the Strom Crow, what does he think he is doing there is no way...crap
----
Talryn screeched in pain as his talon hit bone, he looked down and there was an undead skull in his talons. <TEJ! There is ->
----
that should take care of that bird, lightning always works. And i intercepted his message so nothing should go wrong and the wasnt even a screech. The Death king laughed (:P) to himself, and the undead walked around the still body of a storm crow that was making an ever growing pool of blood.

This post has been edited by Dark Jet: 04 October 2004 - 06:09 PM

old - new

iKaterei said:

#111 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2004 - 06:34 PM

The Death King stared down at the fallen storm crow. It would be easy to check whether the boy was dead or not, but it did not really matter. As a matter of fact, it might be perfect if he was alive, although if he was dead he might prove to be a valuable undead. Chuckling at the thought which had entered his head, the Death King bent down and placed a hand on the still form. Muttering strange words, he cast a spell so that, if Talryn should awaken, he would find himself much confused. He might go so far as to believe that the Cytherans are his enemies and that I am his master, the Death King thought with pleasure. He returned his attention to the group. They might be somewhat suprised when they next encountered Talryn.

*OoC*
If you want me to edit this post, Dark Jet, just let me know.
*BiC*

Selax

#112 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:04 PM

The Wizard looked skyward. A very important part of Cythera had just left.

OoC:
To honor Slayer and how important he is to us. :P
BiC:
Wizard

#113 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2004 - 01:58 AM

Theo was scared. He cleared his throat. It wasn't that he didn't know what to say, it was just that he had never talked to a dragon before. Of course, he had never really talked to anything from inside its stomache before either.

*cough* "Hello?"

Then he realized he really didn't know what to say. Ah well, so be it if he made no sense.

"You, us... Ate, but for what reason? You must realize that to us we'll surely blow ourselves up and you with us before we die for you having no other reason than to satisfy your hunger. I don't mean to threaten or anything, but why? Of course, I can understand you wanting you to eat the rest of our group for them attacking you, or my associate here for leading us into your territory by him. But surely he is a nice enough fellow that without him we would never have disturbed you. But I didn't do anything, and he's my friend and unless you really couldn't bear to let him go for his fault in leading us, it would be nice if you could you let us both go?"

*** Out of Character ***
Oh yes, and I finally made a short description for Theo in the character info View Post

This post has been edited by Theo Nean Donly: 08 October 2004 - 03:15 AM

"I don't need a plan, just a goal. The rest will follow on its own"
     - Magic: the Gathering, "Temper"

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#114 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2004 - 02:06 AM

Theo's voice faded into the churn and hiss of their surroundings. The dragon didn't reply.

"Do you think he heard you?" Avatara asked quietly, taking another step towards the center of their shrinking refuge.

And why should I be nice? Your kind hardly showed me mercy for the centuries I've spent locked up in a filthy prison being used as "Killing us won't bring your life back!" some kind of...Vashnij went silent.

Theo sensed something in Avatara's words had hit home. "What will our deaths accomplish? Surely you know that us dying can't undo what has been done to you. If we die, you'll still go on living in this world, alone!" As if in response, the dragon settled down and silence returned once again.

"Well, its an improvement," Avatara nodded.

"Think he'll actually let us go?" Theo asked.

"I don't know, but at least the imminent danger seems to be over." Avatara slumped down, relaxing in relief, only to be knocked forward as Vashnij lurched violently.

"Wha-?" Theo was cut off by Vashnij's presence returning with full fury. You tricked me! It was all a trap! I won't allow it, I won't be captured again! he roared and everything turned into a chaotic joyride.

Ignoring the acid eating into his skin all over, Theo managed to stand and call out, "What's going on? What did we do?"

You distracted me, now your kind attacks! Another sharp lurch and then a wrenching twist, apparently they were airborne again.

"Its not our fault!" Avatara cried out.

"Let us help!" Theo chimed in. "We can help you, just give us a chance!" He gave up trying to stand, "We can't run, we're too weak to do that, but we may have a chance to be of some help if you let us go!" Another sharp lurch as the dragon banked around something, then they were both thrown to the back as Vashnij began a sharp climb upward. "We're as good as dead if we stay here, or if we give you a chance to live. At least give us a chance for our deaths to have some meaning, maybe the first step towards redeeming our race in your eyes." Theo slumped downward as he finished, "Please...just let us go..."

The dragon lurched one more time, sending them flying forward. Avatara felt himself being covered in burning liquid, felt the pain encompass him, blacking out all other feelings. And then the world went dark as he was moving again.

He was slammed into something hard and unyielding, the shock jolting his eyes open. To his surprise a pink light burned his eyes, forcing him to turn his head and blink away the rush of light. He found that he was near the entrance to a cave, in a pool of slime he dared not guess what it was. A quick glance around revealed Theo sputtering, also having been knocked awake by the rock wall. Vashnij was coiled up like a predator, cautiously watching both the entrance and the two of them at the same time.

"One small thing..." Theo whispered. "How are we going to be of much help if neither of us still have our weapons?"
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#115 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2004 - 03:37 PM

Suddenly, the air next to them wavered and Selax came into view. He had spotted the refugees from one of the villages and had guessed their intent. Worried, he had rushed ahead and had arrived to find Avatara and Theo free. Vashnij eyed him with distrust.
"Relax. I'm your friend. In a few moments, someone called the Wizard will attempt to contact you. Please, let him. He'll explain much to you," Selax said.
He turned to Avatara and Theo.
"I'd love to hear your story and I think you probably want to hear what has happened since you got swallowed. I think that the Wizard will try to contact you too and explain everything. Just now, I don't have the time to tell you."
There came the sound of angry voices outside the cave entrance.

The Death King watched, with glee. He had mind controlled the refugees leader and was goading them into a frenzy. Would the Cytherans kill all the people or try to save them? Either way, he would soon send his forces into the fight, after the people had been dealt with.

Selax

#116 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2004 - 04:17 PM

The Wizard had sensed Selax leave. The group had paid no heed, as Selax was invisible. I only hope he can do something, the Wizard thought to himself.

Suddenly, there was a whisper in the Wizard's ear. Selax. "I have found them. Avatara and Theo are free; the dragon is hopefully ready to listen. Hurry, they are under attack by the group that I feared," Selax quietly stated.

Been busy, have you. I guess I had better relate the tale to them. I think that the dragon should come last. He closed his eyes and sent his thoughts hurtling across the mountain.

Avatara and Theo sat, waiting for the Wizard's contact. It came, and the thoughts instantly filled them in on all that had occurred. Be careful, we are nearing, but the villagers are not playing around. They are searching for you even as I speak, the Wizard finished.

What do you want...Wizard. The thought shot back at the Wizard from the dragon and surprised him.

We pose no threat to you. Please, let us try to help. I am approaching you even now. I will not explain all yet, for I don't know if you are completely ready to hear.
Those that attack you are not us. They are others. We will help you. There is a greater enemy, but you shall hear of him later, if you don't already know. Know this: You are not alone. There is still hope for your species. Perhaps you will become aware of this as we near you, but this is no longer safe. I must go.

Well, Selax, I have completed telling them what they must know for now.
Wizard

#117 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:24 PM

"Alright, you no good renegades! We know you're in there! Come out and give up or die with that monster!"

"I think that they know we are here," Selax continued,"I'll step outside and see if I can reason with them."

Selax stepped out of the cave and looked at the group. It was a bunch of people from villages destroyed by Vashnij. Now, they were out for revenge. Most of them were armed with pitchforks and clubs. Some had swords and a few had bows. However, there were a lot of them.

"Gonna give yourselves up?" asked one burly fighter with a look of sadness on his face, who appeared to be the leader.
"No, I came out here to talk with you to see if I could dissuade you from this dangerous course of action. The dragon was tortured by humans who almost eradicated his kind. When he attacked you, he was seeking revenge. However, I think that he'll probably stop attacking you after we have talked with him."
"HE KILLED OUR FAMILIES AND DESTROYED OUR HOMES! HE MUST DIE!" the fighter screamed at Selax in a broken voice. "He took everything that we ever had! He must suffer for that! Now are you gonna step aside and let us do this or do we have to kill you too?"

As he spoke, he thrust his sword straight at Selax. An exercise in futility, thought Selax, for it was obvious to him that it wasn't magically enchanted. So, he stood still, as the fighter stabbed him. One of the advantages of being made of air was that a wound such as this was an ache, not anything that bled or was serious. He grabbed the sword and whacked the fighter in the face with the hilt.
"A monster! It is another monster!" the mob screamed.
Selax began, "Now, if you are ready to listen to me-"
The crowd rushed foward with a roar. Selax sighed. This would be regretable. He disliked the thought of killing villagers even in self-defence. He would try to avoid that if possible. Suddenly, a pink glow appeared around their weapons. Selax backed rapidly up. The glow meant that the weapons were now magically enchanted and thus a threat to him. He drew both his swords, as Avatara and Theo stepped up next to him.

The Death King smiled. These humans made excellant pawns. Remembering Selax's singular skill, he had enchanted the weapons. Now, it should be interesting.

This post has been edited by Selax: 10 October 2004 - 11:47 PM

Selax

#118 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2004 - 12:07 AM

Temrel studied his time viewer closely. By twisting a certain gem one way and then the other, he ran the probable sequence of events backwards and forwards across the gold-framed crystal platter. Whichever way he looked at it, it was going to be a mess. But what could he do about it? And what if it didn't work? And what if it was the wrong thing? He was beginning to understand the kind of pressure Kronos felt, whenever he acted to guide events into the necessary path.

He stopped.

He considered.

He shrugged. "I can always go back and try something else," he muttered.

He decided.

He reached out with a strange ability he'd have been hard pressed to describe, just as Kronos had been teaching him to do.

Reality blinked.

------------

At the feet of the charging villagers, unperceived, a pebble moved two inches to the left.

This post has been edited by cache22: 11 October 2004 - 01:34 PM

"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#119 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:52 AM

Saria was tiring, she had been running for a few days, in a haphazard path DF laid out before her. DF kept changing his direction with the wind, saying he sensed it coming from one area, then sensing it from another. He seemed to be losing his mind.

It wasnt all running, at times DF would covertly create a shadow to attack and test her skills. Thus far she had a few deep cuts and one full stab wound which were healed by balms, but it had given her a chance to practice the magical abilities DF had alerted her to.

In the few exchanges of conversation, she found out two things, one was the presence in DF's head had grown more powerful, and had screwed with his senses, and also that they were closing and whatever had nabbed his friend was moving, probably at some speed.

Suddenly, the shadows around her dissipated, and she knew she could be seen and sensed.

"DF, what gives, I thought we were trying to keep in shadows until we could find him" Saria asked, a bit puzzled but appreciative for the small break

"I sense him" DF responded "There is no intereferance, I sense him fully and truly"

"Lets go then" Saria exclaimed "We are almost at our mark, no need stopping now"
"I cant, my mind is swimming right now" DF said, falling to his ass "Too much use in the past few days, I cant concentrate"
"Take a potion, we cant give up now" Saria replied, pulling out one of the few that DF handed to her for carrying
"Heh, wish it were that easy" DF responded "All in all, a potion's effect is directly correlated to how stable the mind using it is. While you can use things to refresh you for days on end, the final few potions potency is greatly diminished because all you are doing at that point is taking the potions to keep up, rather than get ahead"
"Well, how much time do you need to rest?" Saria asked, thinking over DF's statement carefully
"WE need to rest for at least a few hours" DF pointed at her "You might not feel it now, but I sense your energy level wane a bit these past few days. The reason im so beat is that shadowwalk spell ive casted for so long. You will start feeling fatigue fairly shortly, even though you may deny it now"

Saria skulked for a few moments before she lay down and fell asleep.

Though DF was asleep, he could sense things around him, and what he sensed did not please him. It did not one bit.

---

Icel was brooding. Not only did that foolish Death King, or whatever the hell he called himself, gone off and left the battlegrounds, he defied his commands to go back and finish the job. It wasnt as though he had control over the beast, but he knew the power being held back was great, and if it could be broken, the world would fall. Though the group did soundly defeat the mass group of undead, the beast would have been more than enough to finish one if not all of them.

His wraiths followed him. In them were the spirits of those that fell to DF's power in the recent war. He couldnt comprehend the magics that were leveled that day, and was still stumped as to how this one man and his few compatriots could destroy an ARMY of undead. From flashes of memory given to him, fierce magics radiating from that DF just wasted huge swathes of them. He also knew that the angrier DF got, the harsher his magics got. Just images of the anger DF stormed on the enemy from the deaths of his comrades, even the storms seemed to be at his beck and call.

Icel shrugged off his momentary discomfort. His wraiths would be more than enough to distract that wench while he released the mage within DF's body. His mind suddenly wandered to what this mage would do the moment he obtained the power. How he would assess the situation. Either way, the thread of power would go to his side. With the Death King around, his magics and wraiths, and DF's power twisted to their side, any and every kingdom around would easily be taken down. The Death King alone would be enough to supress most, but the right sequence of events could easily take the beheamoth down. Thats why Icel tipped him off on the dragons. The dragons were the easiest way to stop that chain from triggering. DF was a curiousity. His action or inaction may or may not affect it, but he could either be a serious boost or a serious bane to any problems around.

Icel quickly found DF with a sense spell, which meant he dropped his shadow mask that was preventing Icel from tracking him earlier. He then gathered his forces to teleport to a nearby area...

---

Several hours had passed by, and DF woke with Saria shortly afterwards.

"Now im ready to track" DF said, and instantly turned to his left "We need to hurry, I sense a darkness approaching that needs to be stopped as soon as we can, but we must make contact"
"Cant you communicate with him telepathically?" Saria asked, a bit puzzled as to why he hadnt done so already
"He is battling, and to take his concentration away from battle can be fatal" DF replied as he started casting his shadowwalk spell.

While he casted, he noticed a small part of his mind calling out. Try as he may, the most he could do is muffle it slightly. He didnt like the feel of this. He didnt like it one bit.

"Whats wrong?" Saria suddenly asked "You seem darker again"
"Something keeps calling out, its ruining my spell to some degree" DF replied "And I dont like what im sensing right now, we should hurry, else we risk terrible danger I fear"

Saria and DF dashed forward just as Icel came into view of where they slept...

---

'Damnit' Icel growled 'I was so close, I could have easily had him and killed her had I not been so bloody cautious'

I could have captured them in their sleep Icel thought He wouldnt have been able to even struggle, he would have been trapped in his sleep eternally

Icel then casted his own shadowwalk spell over his wraiths and himself, when he suddenly heard the calls of the mage, guiding him behind DF.

Icel grinned Now I can easily follow him, though I might not be able to see him Icel then followed the calls, at a cautious distance in case DF was tracking him...

---

DF, fearing ambush, suddenly casted a speed spell, causing both himself and Saria to move MUCH faster than they had been able.

"What is this?" Saria askd, astonished at the brisk pace she was now capable of
"A spell, it wont last long, but it doesnt have to" DF replied "Which is fortunate, because it really saps your energy"
"Why didnt we use it before" Saria inquired
"No use running and expending all our energy when our destination is still in question" DF responded, a bit concerned "Those arrows, remember those shadow arrows I handed you?"
"Sure do, im trying to master the creation myself, but the magic required is quite....different...than those you taught me" Saria said as she ran
"Keep trying, shadow magic is more elusive, but also realize a portion of those arrows contain shadow electricity, which is a lot like the lightning spells, but twisted" DF advised
"Ill....keep that in mind..." Saria replied

DF sped fast towards where he noticed a crowd gathering by a cave entrance. He noticed a few people hunting around and finding another entrance. He stopped nearby and watched as they did and he read their intent and instantly sprung to action.

DF was not adverse to slaying others to reach his goals, just so long as his goal justified it. These people meant to kill someone inside, and one of those someones was Avatara.

With blinding speed, DF's blades were encased in the flesh these two men once called their chests when he reappeared, his shadowwalk spell dissipating with him attacking, and a horrified look from Saria as she now saw what he had done.

The two men fell to the ground without even crying out.

"Quickly now, fire an arrow to silence the third before he comes close and sees us" DF calmly told her as she was starting to freak out "Remember what we saw, there were many people out there trying to get at what was inside, unless you want to alert them to our presence, we must kill that one right there"

Saria wordlessly drew her bow, and without thinking sent a freezing cold arrow at the final man, freezing him solid but then oddly melting his body within.

"Very nice, both poison and ice at the same time" DF scratched his chin "You are starting to adapt well to your magics"
"I hate slaying people for unknown gains" Saria growled as she pondered firing another arrow at DF.
"You can stop right there, I can sense your turmoil and I tell you hitting me with an arrow will not stop one such as I" DF said, glaring right into her eyes."
"What have I gotten myself into" Saria wimpered as she lowered her bow
"I am not an evil man, I am more like a shadowy protector of the light" DF assured her "I would not kill these people if it did not serve a higher purpose"

That seemed to satisfy Saria for the moment, and the proceeded into the cave, where DF saw quite the sight.

It appeared as though a fierce angry dragon was sitting right behind Avatara and a large group of angry villiagers was facing him at the same time

Same old situations, huh avatara DF inwardly chuckled
Ghosts be damned Avatara replied mentally without turning You seem...different right now
Yea, I needed some help with that, but for now, I can give you some help with this DF said as he charged up one of his potent spells

"STOP" Avatara called out, startling Theo and Selax, and even the villiagers as DF sent a scythe of shadow energy after the dragon

The shadow energy slashed the dragon bad, but the magic also bounced back at DF, smashing him back into a cave wall.

"ahh....so...thats.....why...." DF said as he quickly passed out.

---

Saria meekly glanced around the corner and jerked her head back as she saw DF go flying back into the granite wall. He crashed back with such force that it knocked him out cold, and the giant dragon inside the cave explained why all too quickly.

s###, that fool might have just doomed himself there Avatara telepathically sent to Saria
He is already cursed, doomed isnt but a mere step furthur than that Saria thought, hoping this Avatara would get her messege just as DF had
Oh, this I must here once the task at hand is settled Avatara responded we seem to have run into some trouble involving villiagers wanting to kill a dragon which destroyed their villiage for destroying his home
Weird, so he wasnt after you? Saria inquired
No, but he will be after DF in a sec if we dont stall him Avatara quickly replied

---

The dragon roared out of hurt and quickly shifted his attention to DF and got ready to belch flame at this foolish warrior.

"Please stop" Avatara requested of the dragon
'This one attacked me, he hurt me with his magic, he is dangerous' The dragon responded by the mind and let loose his flame.

Avatara winced as he saw the whole wall of the cave go up in flame, DF being at the epicenter of the blast.

Saria cried out for a second as her travel companion had suddenly been incinerated in front of her very eyes.

The fire blast was longer than any expected, and even the villiagers looked stunned from the outside as they saw the dragon defeat the one they were starting to consider their hero just moments before.

Even after the fire blast let out, the flames were still too high for anybody to see what was left of DF....

---

Icel felt the mage's mind get slammed into unconciousness and then searing heat. He knew what happened instantly and let his shadowwalk dissipate as he realized his plan was probably going to fade right then....

---

The fires died down and an audible gasp could be heard, DF was full and well with a slight blue aura surrounding him. His body armor, the sigil in the center to be exact, had enacted a barrier to protect his life.

DF woke a few seconds later
Before you foolishly attack this dragon again, let me show you what exactly is going on Avatara scolded DF and connected to Wizard
Ahh, DF, so youve been scorched The Wizard laughed Well, this is whats been told to me
With that, the full story had been revealed, and DF laughed, that is, until the dragon started to charge DF.

"Nononononono" DF scampered around, avoiding the dragon by narrow margins "I didnt mean that, I DIDNT MEAN THAT!!" DF cried as the dragon closed in

'You....seem familiar....yet you arent' the dragon said

"Am I wrong about this or did a dragon just talk to me" DF said, confused

'Arrogance in the face of death, bah' the dragon responded, snapping at DF

"All right allright, I get it, SORRY!" DF cried out as the dragon almost got his arm.

"So, whats the plan here" DF asked those in front of him

"Well, not get killed is prime one" Selax responded, motioning towards the crowd gathering closer and closer

"Well now, that shouldnt be too hard" DF replied, a wicked glare coming out from his eyes

Avatara noticed it now, another presence, in his mind and out there....

---

Icel closed in on the area DF had sped towards. The dragon breath somehow had been averted, he didnt know how, but DF survived a full brunt Dragon attack mostly unharmed.

I really dont want to see this man with two swords charging me Icel thought So I may just use this diversion to help me out he thought as he drew close I can even say im here to help and use my wraiths to trap him and kill their offending dragon Icel furthur plotted

A pleasant idea, but no, ive a better one... Icel thought as he cloaked again, drawing even closer....
Banana banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie!

#120 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2004 - 12:58 PM

The Death King straightened up and his eyes narrowed. This reality had blinked. He had felt it distinctly. He would have to find out why and how. But for now, he watched the scene with amusement. Icel, Icel, he thought, You still don't understand what you are dealing with, do you? It was pardonable, Icel had never met him prior to this occasion and had not witnessed what his previous wars had done to whole realities, nor had Icel fought these Cytherans before. Now, it was nearly time for Icel and all to learn, not fully, but partly. This Desert Fox knew how to use dark magic and this interested the Death King. However, he sensed the mage in Desert Fox's mind and knew that he himself was immune to the harmful effects of dark magic. In addition, with the numbers of undead that were on their way, Desert Fox and the others would be in serious trouble. Perhaps, he himself would deal with Icel and Desert Fox, if it amused him. Suddenly, he picked up some of Icel's thought. Kill the dragon?! Furious, he let loose the full brunt of his mental voice on Icel, the sheer volume of which would stun him for several seconds. You impudent necromancer! You think that those wraiths are an army? You have no idea what true power is! Neither you nor that human could kill me or even come close! You, I think, I will kill (if he doesn't) but not yet! He disliked others attempting to use him or interfering with his plans.

Selax had been busy knocking villagers out and tying them up. He turned to Theo and said,"We should teleport these people out of here somehow; the situation is about to get much worse!" He guessed that this friend of Avatara's was the one who had helped the Wizard, but something seemed wrong about him. He seemed haunted by something and that Selax didn't like at all.

*OoC*
The list of people who haven't posted in a while is now dusk, GlueBubble (not sure who that is), Half Truth, Hamster2, Katerei, Madaya, and Talos.
DF, perhaps, we can better coordinate our character's actions on IRC.
*BiC*

Selax

#121 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:15 PM

Desert Fox was at his best, though others were merely knocking out the villiagers, DF waded into the crowd and let his swords do the talking. Though he wasnt exactly going for the kill, killing some was quite necessary.

This is like slaughtering sheepDF gruntedonly problem is there is so damn many

DF knew his magics could easily slay these people en mass, but he would rather scare these people off than slay them all. Those that had already fallen were just one more deterrant to the remaining.

The enchanted weapons were something of a bother at first, that was, until DF ignited his two swords in shadowy flame.

"Beast!" A startled gasp from a villiager barked at DF as he skewered the man and kicked him back.

"Beast you say?!" DF shouted, then charging his voice deeper and darker "YOU HAVE YET TO SEE MY POWER FULLY" and suddenly his body sparked in the shadowy flames enveloping his sword. Power poured out of his eyes, lending them the same shadow fire that was his trademark.

A startled few around him gasped and jumped back. He soon be came a focal point of the whole lot.

"Demon" "Its a demon" "What power, he must be demonic" a few cuts of whispers were heard in the crowd

"I am no demon, but I will use the full force of my powers on you if necessary" DF growled

"I fear no man" A warrior shouted as he lead a charge on DF.

DF suddenly felt the power flowing through him and to others he appeard a warrior in his prime. Blocking high right and thrusting to his left, slaying one. Sweeping his sword to his left while blocking three attacks to his right. Jumping up and over three villiagers then slaying one of them. His swords were a blur half the time, rushing to meet the weapons of his enemies and jabbing to slay one or two.

The flames of his swords rose ever so slightly with each stroke, seeming to make the entire area around DF encase itself in flames. After a while of fighting like this, DF was completely encircled by the flames all around him, and the villiagers stalled back, not wanting to get burned.

This provided the perfect opportunity for the offensive, DF though...

---

Avatara and Theo held off the villiagers as best they could with no weapons, but as it stood, the most they could do is cast spells. Being more sympathetic, they didnt want to kill these villiagers since they had not done anything to deserve it, but they knew if they did nothing they would be slain.

Selax enchanted his own weapons, clanging them up against the swords of the villiagers when DF started marching past, killing several villiagers and exuding a dark aura around himself. Selax watched curiously while staving off attacks as DF waded into the center of the crowd, slaying those who jumped in to oppose him.

He watched as DF then invoked his own shadow enchantments, bringing forth searing flames to encircle his body and weapons. Selax then knew that DF wasnt just going for kills, but was rather trying to scare the people off.

He also saw as the red enchantments on each weapons were being thrusted closer and closer.

With renewed vigor, he knocked the weapons out of the hands and smacked the people on the head, knocking them out.

Avatara and Theo used pulse magics to knock swathes of people off their feet without causing them harm. The deterrants were working. At least, it was keeping them back. They looked on as DF took the battle to heart, slaying at least a quarter of those he faced outright but never really going after kills.

This is his typical state Avatara thought Kinda the fierce brute type phase, but he is holding back a lot not to use his favorite spells.

Avatara pondered as he casted spells There is something that doesnt match up, and that phantom in his mind is probably it. In fact, that may be the reason he is even here. The only problem is I have no idea as to what I could do to assist. I must think this over some more...

---

Icel stood back and watched the ensueing chaos. DF was standing among the villiagers, slaying several and wounding more. The flames of shadow were growing wildly, affecting the battlefield severely by keeping people from crowding DF. In fact, many seemed to cower away from the flames.

as if the brutish display of strength wasnt enough Icel laughed they dont fear this man eviscerating them but a little fire works wonders at deterring somebody

"Icel, the spot is ready, we must begin the enchantment now if not to be noticed by those battling down there" a wraith said, its bony wings flapping soundlessly

"Damn dont sneak up on me like that" Icel shuddered "You were frightening in life and now you are creepy as well"

The wraith growled and started up a spell of its own when Icel raised his hand and dispelled it. The wraith then started to melt

"Remember, I command you now. Disobey and I will destroy you, trust me" Icel lowered his hand and the wraith solidified again.

The wraith glared at him and then gestured towards the spot "Please hurry, we musnt miss our chance"

With that Icel walked over to the circle where the final wraith took his place. He started his chant, the wraiths lending their power....

---

DF felt another presence in his mind, but knew it was not a time he could help it. He was too distracted by the fight to stave off the presence in his mind, but he did make a mental call to Saria....

---

Saria felt it again, the evil presence in DF's mind, but the normal side was calling to her. Calling for her help, giving her a direction. Silently, she crept back through the cave, telling the others her help is needed for something else. She went back to where she entered from and spied in the area DF had mentioned and she saw something. She couldnt quite make out what it was, but she felt evil radiating from there so she drew her bow and one of DF's crafted arrows....

---

This is too easy, where is she?Icel though, a bit panicked I cant search for her and she isnt on my radar. She could be a wrench in my plan...

Suddenly, one of the wraiths near him was encased in shadow and was shrieking. The inhuman shriek quickly broke all concentration and suddenly lightning and shadow were interplaying all over the wraith and before long, the thing shattered into many pieces, the magic sliding into the ground.

Stunned, Icel looked at the dead body of the wraith and seeing as his spell was now broken, looked around for hte source.

Suddenly, he saw her, arrow drawn, near the cave. She fired and he disappeared.

Too late.

The arrow struck his shoulder and the power of it skiddered down his body, bringing him to the ground gasping.

Jesus, the power of that arrow... Icel gasped I can barely contain the magic from destroying me

A few mins later, Icel stood again, the arrow removed and a grim look in his eyes

"We will be back, at a better time..." Icel said as he dashed off.

--

DF noticed the pressure leave and knew Saria had completed her task. With his mind back in order, he continued slashing away....

#122 User is offline   Overmind 

Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:52 PM

[OoC] Heh, remembered to change accounts, this time. :P

Note: there is no such word as casted.[/OoC]

Temrel sighed with satisfaction, and no small measure of relief. His plan had worked - one of the villagers had turned his ankle on the displaced stone, and his fall had brought down the entire front line like a set of dominos. The next line, hard on the heels of the first, collapsed on top of it. The resultant confusion allowed Selax and the others to temper their attacks, merely disabling and immobilising the farmers rather than killing them.

He ran the scene forward on the viewer, and cursed. "That fool! they were ready to break and run, there was no need to start slaughtering them like that! They're innocents, reacting out of fear and anger, caught up in the middle of things they don't understand!" Indeed, the sudden enchantment of their own weapons had frightened them as much as anything else.

Temrel pondered. Almost every fibre of his being cried out for immediate action, but the more rational part of him remembered that time wasn't really an issue. Instead, it was a tool. Slowly, carefully, he examined the events just before the carnage began, searching for an opportunity. He found it.

Behind him was a room filled with all manner of devices, all constructed of crystal, gems and gold. There was something for almost every conceivable purpose, and even some that were inconceivable. They were the product of his own long life's work, in the early days of Cythera, before Kronos had taken him in. He knew exactly which item he needed now.

Once again, reality blinked.

----------

Desert Fox was at his best. Though others were merely knocking out the villagers, DF leaped toward the crowd, intending to let his swords do the talking. Though he wasnt exactly going for the kill, he believed killing some was quite necessary.

A resounding 'crack' echoed from the roof of the cave. Desert Fox glanced upward and glimpsed the large rock that had been dislodged from the ceiling in a sudden shower of sparks. A mere fraction of a moment later, it slammed forcefully into his head.

Once again, his conciousness departed.

It only takes one. Somewhere in the middle of the remaining villagers, one man stood staring fearfully at his suddenly glowing weapon. He heard the sound of an explosion, and saw the boulder fall. Things were happening here that he didn't understand. Revenge was one thing, but there was no sense getting killed over it.

He made a very sensible decision. He whirled about, dropped his pitchfork and ran.

Panic is contagious. In seconds, every villager still standing was sprinting, screaming, back toward what was left of their village, leaving the ground littered with glowing farm implements.

This post has been edited by Overmind: 11 October 2004 - 04:00 PM

I will classify my lieutenants in three categories: untrusted, trusted, and completely trusted. Promotion to the third category will be awarded posthumously.

#123 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:23 PM

Selax watched as the villagers went running. There were still some unconscious ones around. He went around and put them all in one area, pinned a note with an explanation of who they were and what had happened to them, and then he cast a varient of directed nexus and sent the group to Land King Hall. He looked up. The rest of the group was now visible on the horizon and should be arriving soon.

The Death King watched angrily as the villagers ran. There had been another blink in reality and that was annoying. When the other Cytherans arrived, he'd send his forces in.

Selax

#124 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2004 - 08:51 PM

There they were! The Wizard saw plainly the villagers go running down the mountain. He was surprised. Shocking! They were scared off. I would have thought that there hate was too much for anything to stop them. Oh well, I guess it's good. One more dead is one more undead.

A shift in time. That rock shouldn't have fallen. The Wizard had drawn within himself and pondered the events that had just taken place. Nor should that pebble have moved, he assessed, taking a closer look with his mind. Reality is adjusting to something. It's as though something is controlling this. Hmm.

There is still a lot to tell the dragon, too.

Oh well, I had better be prepared to land-what is that!... There is a very dark presence here. I will not find what it is now. I shall wait.

#125 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2004 - 12:15 AM

Selax walked toward the group and Vashnij emerged from the cave. He stared at Scryllia and everyone could tell that they were communicating energetically, but nobody could quite make out what they were sharing. In the rays of the afternoon sun it looked almost beautiful, seeing two majestic creatures in close proximity.

The rest of the group went over towards Avatara and Theo. There was a general relief that the two had survived and everyone was glad to see them. They had succeeded in bringing the two dragons together. For a moment everything was looking up.

The moment turned bitter as the sky dimmed and what seemed like a shadow fell across them. The Death King stood in front of them where he had not been a moment ago. "Well done. Well done. I must thank you for capturing my dragons for me. Now, I am afraid that you must die, but don't worry, it won't hurt me at all."

With that, he chuckled and the ground began to shake violently. Abruptly, it split open. A horde of stronger and faster undead poured out, far more numerous than before and still carrying magically enchanted weapons. With them came a group of daemons of a variety, that none but Selax and the Wizard had seen before. They towered over most of them and were covered in tough, spiked, jet black hides that seemed to absorb all light that approached. An arcane bone breastplate was fused tightly to their flesh, offering extra protection on their underside. It was easy to tell they had immense strength as they prowled about on their four wickedly clawed limbs. One reared back on its hind legs and let out a ferocious roar, revealing many sharp bloodstained teeth behind its black lips and rotting gums.

Selax felt someone start to move forward next to him. He held out his arm. "No, if we rush out we are dead. We must retreat to the cave and break out a good chance. Directed Nexus or any sort of teleport will fail, as long as he is around and he wants the dragons to try to attack him. Now, hurry!"

The group turned and ran back to cave. In the entrance, they set up a perimeter. Sword or axe-wielding fighters were in front, archers and pure magic users were behind, and in the back the dragons crouched shooting fireballs at the horde. Unfortunately, the undead were highly resistant to magic (not immune) and the daemons were immune to fire and magic.

Selax

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users