Ambrosia Software Web Board: Echoes from the Past (TS) - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Echoes from the Past (TS) Two Dragons, One Destiny...

#76 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:03 PM

The energy was coming back faster now. Time was nothing. The Wizard's mind stretched out and explored much of the unknown land around. The heroes were holding the undead off well. The Death King did not intent to kill them, yet.

Then, he realized something. The Dragon! Scryllia was knocked down by the undead leader, and she had yet to wake up. He got up and looked around. Everyone was fighting, except him. "This dragon is being very uncooperative," he spoke in a soft tone. He did what he could to tap the dragon's mind and awaken it, but nothing would work. The mind was sealed from him.

"Oh well, I guess that can wait till after all these monsters are dead. Yet, I wonder about Theo and Avatara and Desert Fox, for that matter." He temporarily gave up on the dragon and began to explore the nearby region once again. If he could just find...
Wizard

#77 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:15 PM

ooc: i think some poeple gut confused here. I, talryn am invs, with the dragon flying so well ill fix that by me falling... bic

Suddenly a dragon appeared about 35 feet off the ground and started to fall, of course the undead knew it was there, but some members of the group and undead turnned, and noticed the falling dragon and a storm crow underneath plumiting towards the ground...

--------

must... fly.... away.... from.... the... dragon.... talryn thought to himself in his mind, but his wings wouldn't move. i always new i would die on a quest...., but to be squished by a dragon....thats gonna leave a bloodstain on the dragon....

--------

The dragon slowed a little, but it didnt look like it helped, because a few moments later the ground shook and a huge dust cloud swept outward... When the dust cleared, the dragon lay there on the ground still asleep, and there was no sign of a storm crow, not even blood or a limb.

---------

This is rather interseting.... Talryn had fallen into some sort of hidden cave and the dragon stoped when it hit the top, since they were falling so fast, Talryn was sent through the roof of a cave. Somehow the hole sealed up and the dragon stayed up above.probably should transform back to human....

Talryn lay there calling upon some mana and began casting... As soon as he was human, the pain was increiblely well, painful how else could one describe it?...."AAAAAHHHHH!" Talryn screamed for about a minute, he then suddenly passed out.

When he woke up, he felt most of his wounds healed, he cast a simple light spell and began exploring. This cave was like none Talryn had never even seen/heard about. there was a refreshing feeling that somehow filled him. He thought he felt mana pouring into him and changing to heal him. Talryn wondered about this as he continued exploring...

ooc: Plz leave this cavern alone to me, unless you want to put the other dragon down here some how, but other than that, i will free my self and come back into the story later... bic

Edit: sp and reworded some stuff /edit
-Dark Jet

This post has been edited by Dark Jet: 11 September 2004 - 09:19 PM

old - new

iKaterei said:

i wish i could put ... in all caps

#78 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:41 PM

During a lull in the battle, Selax stepped back and took stock of the situation. Most of the undead were gone, but the ones that remained continued to attack. There was no sign Talryn nor any clue as to whether he had not been smashed by the dragon. Looking at the sun, he estimated that it was about 10 in the morning. Still time to reach Avatara and Theo, he thought, if we hurry. With a sigh, he stepped back into the battle.

The Death King considered his options. There were plenty of obstacles to slow the Cytherans down for some time but were more still necessary? Eventually, he decided to wait and see what happened.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#79 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:36 PM

"Maybe what?" Theo snapped irritably.

"Huh?" Avatara stared back with a blank expression.

"What do you mean 'huh'? You don't expect me to just sit by while you start to suggest something and then leave it hanging, do you?"

"Well...umm...I lost my train of thought," he replied with his most innocent-looking expression.

"The dragon! You mentioned that you might have met him before!"

"Oh that. Yeah, purely by accident, he almost killed me..." The chamber hadn't been empty after all, from the silence came a screech of rage as the once-imprisoned beast lunged down towards the prey that had fallen into his trap. Avatara dropped the blood-stained book back on the floor, horrified at the mere glimpses he had seen in the few seconds he flipped through it. The creatures that inhabited this tower were monsters, no...worse. He rolled out of the way as the giant beast crashed into where he had just been seconds before. Something swiped in front of his face, and he tasted blood. He wasn't sure what happened next, all he knew was that a moment later he had somehow escaped, fleeing the chamber with the angry beast hot on his tail. He dived out of the entrance, rolled to his feet, and with a grunt and the last of his strength he slammed shut the great iron door. Panting with relief, he backed away, only to be startled as something crashed into the door, leaving an obvious imprint, visible even through a foot of solid iron. Not waiting to find out what became of it, he ran, clutching his broken arm, looking for another exit.

"But then, I didn't know it was a dragon, and certainly not this one. I just knew it had a lot of teeth and a nasty attitude." Avatara sighed, "I suppose that's what I get for wandering off, if the stairs hadn't collapsed I wouldn't have run into those things down there, nor the dragon."

"You missed telling me that the first time, but don't you think that the tunnel you opened up could have also let other things out," Theo sat back, suddenly thoughtful.

"You're saying I am responsible for the dragon getting out?" Avatara looked incredulous.

"Well, if you think about it, its possible that whatever was left down there could have escaped the same way you did, once you opened up the way." Theo realized Avatara had frozen with a look of horror on his face. "Hey, a dragon isn't that bad..."

"Its not the dragon that worries me, there was something else down there that I hoped more than anything it died under tons of rubble. Some things man should not create." Avatara stared off into the darkness of the cavern, until he realized that the faint sizzling sound he could hear was from his pants. He jumped up in surprise, noting that the 'floor' was becoming increasingly covered in acid.

"Suppose we should seek higher ground," Theo muttered, shaking his robes free of the liquid pooling beneath. He held up the glowstone to find a better spot to camp out, but the light only revealed their situation was worse than they had guessed. All but a few mounds of flesh were covered in acid.

Wading through the treacherous liquid that was steadily rising, they made their way to the highest bump they could find. "This isn't going to last, sooner or later we'll be in for a rough ride," Avatara sighed.

"What about talking to the dragon?" Theo suggested, wringing out the bottom of his robes.

"Maybe you should, I haven't been on a very big winning streak with him." Avatara watched Theo wince as the acid in his robes burned his hands.
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#80 User is offline   Kentonis 8356 

Posted 12 September 2004 - 08:35 PM

Joru and Draconis kept fighting but soon wonderd about avatara and theo, "should we try and get to those, two, or talk to the dragon, Joru asked Draconis, Draconis snorted, "You would have a better chance of getting back on Kentaris" Draconis responded "that dragon is stark raving mad," Joru looked at him, "Can you carry me back?" Draconis looked at him in and then silently nodded, Joru started gathering his powers and several minutes later unleashed a wave upon the force of undead, it took a nice chunk out of them but drained Joru compleatly. Draconis grabbed Joru and depostited his unconsious freind behind the dragon, he then continued fighting the undead.

This post has been edited by Kentonis 8356: 13 September 2004 - 08:11 PM

"I don't like to fight, but it's my life, it's all I know" Joru at the council of elders, on Kentaries III

"I like drinks, they make me forget everything, even the important things in life. Gin
sitting alone in the back of the bar.

#81 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2004 - 11:25 PM

Suddenly, it was over. The undead were all gone. Selax sheathed his swords and stood up.
"It's over," said someone.
Selax shook his head and spoke in a sad voice,"No, it is only beginning."

The Death King heard Selax's words and laughed. A laugh that everyone in Cythera heard...

Selax

#82 User is offline   dusk 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2004 - 11:56 PM

Dusk fell to the ground panting. He closed the blade of his sword with a velcro sound, the excess blood and dust falling off in clumps.
Some one passed him a cloth swab dunked in healing potions that he applied generously to the various cuts he had recieved.
Dusk stood up after a while and gathered the others.
"We have sustained little or no casualities, which suprises me considering the size of the horde, but our dragon friend is still asleep."
The Wizard looked doubtfully at the sleeping lizard and spoke up "I fear it may be an enchanment, I think our only option is to leave it some kind of message for when it wakes up, and continue on on foot."
"Isn't there any way we could reverse the spell?" said Selax.
The Wizard frowned. "Perhaps."
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..."

#83 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2004 - 07:53 PM

"Well, see what you can do," Selax said and he turned to the others.
"With Draconis in his dragon form, if we placed something under Scryllia that spells could support, and had the help of anyone else who can fly perhaps we could actually carry Scryllia if necessary. Draconis could fly on one side, everyone else who can fly could be on the other, some using spells to help support her could ride Draconis (if he is willing), and those who can't do any of the above can replenish the magic and strength of those that can. Unfortunately, that is what he (the great evil of which almost all here have heard but do not know it) wants us to do, unite the dragons for him, and then he will wipe us out. But we have little choice if we want to save Avatare and Theo. In addition, Talryn is still missing and perhaps we can leave him a note.
But, in my opinion, under no circumstances should we leave Scyrilla here. Then he would simply capture her and catch the other dragon. All he sent at us now was comparatively small to what I have seen him attack with before. I will tell you of him if you wish, but whatever we do most do it quickly!"

Selax

#84 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2004 - 10:26 PM

The Wizard was feeling a little revived and immediatly began to think of the easiest way to carry a dragon. "What if we used those branches over there -" he spoke as he gestured with his hand. The branches started lift off the ground and head their way. It was the first time he had used his telekinesis in the presence of the group, but he deemed this situation in need of speed enough for him to use some energy to help. "- and then placed them under Scryllia? With some extra spells, we should be able to support her, but I would like to state now that I don't like to carry objects as heavy as dragons."

Within the next ten minutes, the group had speedily contructed a light carrier that used heavy magic spells as a brace. The branches alone were stressed, but they could hold. After a couple moments of rest, the group set off. Those who could not fly, sat on back of the dragon. Draconis helped carry some. The Wizard hesitated. With a deep drain on his telekinesis, he could lift himself up and fly, but he did not believe that such a drain was necessary. He climbed on back of Draconis. They left the ground and turned once again in the direction of the mountain. This time, they all kept a close eye on the ground below.
Wizard

#85 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2004 - 08:38 PM

At Selax's suggestion, they had left a note telling Talryn where they were going. As the group moved along, they noticed a massive upthrust of rock across the trail that hadn't been there before.
"If we weren't flying that would take us hours to get over. He must have done this," Selax muttered and then fell silent.

*OoC*
Selax is flying on the opposite side of Scryllia (whom he is helping support) of Draconis. If anyone wishes to hear his story about the Death King, I will post it.
*BiC*

Selax

#86 User is offline   Kentonis 8356 

Posted 16 September 2004 - 06:37 PM

Draconis took his share of the weight and flew, his mighty wings pumping through the air, <i can take this for a day, mabye two, but no more than that.> Draconis thought to Joru and Joru laughed <Aren't we streching the time a little? we can rest every 7 hours if we have to, however I am more conserned about the others, a dragon is no light being, in fact hmmm...> Joru broke off the connection. He sat there pondering, "What if we could make him weigh less, or take the influence of gravity on him away, same thing" Joru ponderd the question and then directed a thought at The Wizard <I don't want to get the others hopes up too much but, would it be possible to reduce the mass of our sleeping beutie, or both of the drgons' mass? If so we could make alot more headway than we are, and those flying won't tire as quickly, in short it could save us valuable time.> Joru finished his thought.

This post has been edited by Kentonis 8356: 16 September 2004 - 06:40 PM

"I don't like to fight, but it's my life, it's all I know" Joru at the council of elders, on Kentaries III

"I like drinks, they make me forget everything, even the important things in life. Gin

#87 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 16 September 2004 - 06:54 PM

Talryn grew Tiered (sp?) as he walked on an on. Man, this cave is big, very magical and amazing. Hmm... I feel as if the farther i explore, the more spells i learn. hmmm lets try this runeish thing... Talryn summoned some mana, which was pretty easy and starting froming it into the way he had it "imprinted" into his mind.

A green glow added to the light spell, and Talryn smiled. He continued to wonder on, cast a rune/ spell showing him where he has gone and not. About what Talryn guessed as midnight(which was actually about 3:00 pm), he stumbled upon what appeared to be a brick, a stone brick. Talryn reached out with some mana (some other spell that he had some how learned, and he called ManaSearch.) and "felt" the brick, he noticed a very faint magicial pressence. This brick is old, very old...

A mist started to appear above the brick and fromed a face, a face that felt familiar yet very strange. "I am Kelar, A Druid of the BLue Traken Order...." Talryn stared as the mist face continued to talk... Something feels wrong...as if i am being watched... He spawn around and reached for his sword, but to his supprise the creature behind him had some how grabbed it while he was looking at the brick... Talryn prepared for a magic fight...

ooc: This doesnt have to do with Avatara's Tower, its jst a cave with Kelar and some creatures that Talryn has yet to run into...and there appears to be lag, either me or the forums, probably me bic:

-Dark Jet
old - new

iKaterei said:

#88 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:56 PM

"Any idea where Avatara and Theo are now?" Selax asked the Wizard as they moved along steadily. As far as he could tell there was no sign of the other black dragon. In fact, there was no sign of anything. No ruins, no bodies, not even a hint of life. It was as if no one and had ever come that way, despite the fact many miners had traveled this route.
This is getting very worrying, he thought.

The Death King stood on a high ledge overlooking a narrow valley. The valley was filled with the undead bodies of the miners, as well as a variety of local creatures (such as harpies) that he had enslaved. The Cytherans will not be able to stop this force, he thought, Now I only have to wait and it will all be over, soon.

Selax

#89 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2004 - 10:51 PM

Soon after receiving this message from Joru, the Wizard had begun to review all of his spells. One by one. Effect by effect. It might be possible to reduce the weight of such a beast I suppose., he linked to Joru. For instant weight reduction, we could drop her, but that wouldn't go over well. Maybe we can physically shrink her, but that wouldn't go over well. It is indeed waisting a lot of energy to hold her. Maybe a connection with air to make her light. Perhaps we could alter he molecular density and lessen the gravity's pull on her!

After some time of thinking this over, the Wizard came to a decision. Using telekinetic powers, he would open her wings to make her glide. Then, he would semi-link her with the air to half her weight. That would be about all that there was necessary.

He opened the wings and lessened her weight. She glided along on her own. "I think that we can break the spells that are holding her," he stated. The spells were broken and she glided along as if awake.

Now the only danger is if she wakes up to find a lessened weight. She would surely go into a panic and cause irrevicable damage. I will keep an eye on her conscious state. A very close eye. He sent to Joru as a last warning of their new transactions.

Never a dull moment, he thought to himself as Selax asked him about Theo and Avatara.
"Well, I can only guess, but I assume they are nearing their end. Last night, I was sure today was the last day, and it is already past noon. Maybe another hour or so. We simply must find that dragon!"

They were nearly to the point where they had first met the black dragon. The Wizard silently sent a thought to Selax. I think that we are approaching them. I sense... GREAT danger ahead.

This post has been edited by The Wizard: 16 September 2004 - 10:53 PM

Wizard

#90 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2004 - 01:07 AM

Talryn drew mana and sense the creature was doing so also. The creature had three fingers, each ending in a long pionty sharp nail. It had red scale skin and two horns coming about a foot out of the back of it's head.

---
Tej Krad slept lightly, he awoke with a start hearing foot steps then calmed down. wait a minute that sounds like boot steps, not Atulin walking...

----
Talryn shot out a ball of pure magic, then raised a magical shield. The Atulin screeched and then shot off one fire ball and tried to use the sword to deflect the magic attack. It's eyes widden with horror as the magic ball blow off it's left arm. Furry flowed into its eyes, it then charged with the sword.

Talryn pulled out a dagger and threw it at the creature's neck. The Atulin made a screeching noise then feel to the ground cluching it's neck, causing the dagger to go all the way through. It then died.

Talryn retrived the sword and dagger then hid the body, then listened to the "magical message" on the brick.

About an hour later, Talryn decided to take a short cut back to were he fell, keeping a mental track of where he was to the nearest rune.

---
Tej stood up quitely and hid behind a mossy stalagtite, he drew out a short sword waiting to pounce...

Talryn whirled around sword drawn and with a shield up before the boy hit the ground. For a long time they stared eye to eye....

-Dark Jet
old - new

iKaterei said:

#91 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2004 - 11:20 AM

Able to use less strength to help support the dragon, Selax began to think about how they should approach the other dragon.
"Anyone have any ideas about how to convince the other dragon not to try to kill us?
Of course, he might not if he see's Scryllia, but he might also think we captured her or are attempting to fool him. So any ideas?"

The Death King was taking stock of the situation.
Hm, the elementals are weakened, the Cytherans are weak compared to me, and. . . Well! So the druids still live! Still, they are not strong enough to stop me anyway, he thought pleased because all his enemies were weaker than they had been before and the odds were very much in his favor.

Selax

#92 User is offline   Kentonis 8356 

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:50 PM

Joru acnoledged The wizards thoughts then he sitting upon Draconis' back devoted his entire being to advancement, he could remain this way almost indefinetly and upon awakening he could last a usual amount of time before needing to eat, in this state his mind reviewed all of the facts and it was a grim thing indeed that he was facing, for all the questers knew Avatara and Theo could be dead. The dark being whom he was unable to understand, he then began to look at himself and grimmaced, without the entire Kentairean sword which was his birthright his body had declined, he was as able as most Terran althleats however on Kentaries he was the lowest of the low, however becoming what he had would take a while, millenia at the longest, <not much i can do about my phisical shape right now, but when we land...> he left his vow unfinished. awakining he stood up on draconis' back and begin doing pushups <can't wait must start now> he thought, doing what exersises he could he begin excersing his mind and body, calculating the exact mass of negative matter, and finding the equivilent mass nesicery to cancel such negative matter as well as putting sheilds up against mental attacks, for this he asked The Wizard's help and while parrying and excersising his mind he excersized his body, push ups jumps flips and everything else he could think of. He also offered to help any of the questors in any way he could, taking the place of one of those carrying the dragon and any other task which would improve his sadly neglected skills, after a while he asked Draconis to let him carry half the dragon for a bit, and though his body was streached to its very limits he carryed the load for 9 minutes before having to relinquish his load to Draconis and sit upon Draconis' back resting his body, but he allowed himself no respite, he kept working upon his mental abilities until he had a blinding headache, after that he slept. until they landed he repeated this routine gaining strength of mind and body.

#93 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2004 - 07:59 PM

Selax felt a feeling he had not felt in a long time. It was as if he was being pulled from his body and then abruptly he was. He wasn't concerned that he wasn't able to control his body; he would be back as quickly as he left and if necessary he could force his way back. Selax looked about him. He was moving at a fair pace to the south. Like last time many years ago, he thought. Minutes later the invisible force set him on the ground and let him go. Without looking about he knew where he was. He was in Mayer, city of the elements. No mortal or non-elemental could ever venture here. Looking at the ruins, he reminded himself that the Death King had done just that...and had wiped out the city.
But ahead of him, the meeting hall which should have been ruins appeared whole as it always did when he was called here. Sighing, he walked towards the hall knowing that he was expected. The doors swung open without his having to touch them and he strode inside. Four cloaked figures sat around the table. Only one nodded in greeting.
It is good to see you in Cythera again, Selax.
Thank you, Sabinate. It is good to be back. But on to more pressing matters. What elements will aid us?
The Seldane stand ready to combat the Great Evil once more, sighed Sabinate.
As do the Ignae, said another figure as he cast back his hood, revealing the fiery visage of Ignae.
Thank you both. But what of the Undine?, he asked looking at one of the other figures who stood up.
The Undine said My people are divided by this issue. Some would have us forget our wars against the other elements and fight (temporarily) at their sides again. Others would let them (and everyone else) be destroyed. And, worst of all, some advocate joining the Evil to save our people. But, our wise and glorious leader has arranged a compromise. If you stop the Evil from getting the dragons, then we will aid you. Otherwise. . .
Very well., Selax thought with irratation. He turned to go, but Sabinate stopped him.
There is one more thing, he said nervously,we already have made a drastic decision.
Something in the way Sabinate spoke worried him.
What did you do?
Well, we remembered the greatest of us and (considering how he fought last time and how long he has been imprisoned) we decided to help him if he would help us and give up his old ways.
You didn't. . .
They did, said the fourth figure, who threw back his hood and revealed himself as Ur-Sylph.
Wheeling on the other three, Selax shouted, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! DON'T WE HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS WITHOUT SETTING HIM LOOSE?!
It was our only option and rest assured we will watch him carefully, Sabinate said calmly, Besides, we couldn't leave him where the Great Evil could find him, suck his powers and life, and gain control of the air, now, could we?
Just so long as you watch him very carefully. I don't like it, but it is too late now anyway. May I go now?, Selax asked.
Yes, be careful. Warn the others with you that they must not fail!
The room dissolved and suddenly he was back in his body helping to carry the dragon.
"I have just been told that if we fail to save both dragons, then Cythera will almost certainly fall," he said to the others. Then, as quickly as possible, he told them what the elementals had told him.
"We must hurry!"

Selax

#94 User is offline   Kentonis 8356 

Posted 24 September 2004 - 01:06 PM

"We are already moving fast, what else can we do?" Joru was slightly iritated (he never liked his fate being told to him). "Well I suppose..." Joru's eyes grew filmy as he went into comuntication with Draconis <My freind, time is of the escence, what do you think? Can you take anymore?...> After several minutes of discusion upon these grounds joru came out of his comuntication, wordlessly he summond his wings and took the weight which his mentor had been carrying so long, his sword burst into a gradient of color, going from the wicked green of a pact spell to the blue of healing <the pact has been initiated I will hold it as long as possable, Draconis then took rest while carrying the much lighter load of those upon his back, his aura was grim as he addressed the wizard <I need your help, I am sorley afraid that Joru will kill himself, if you would either teach me to look at his mind or would do so yourself I would be greatful> then draconis focused what mental power in the way of intrusion and protection and carefully whatched as well as he could the strain upon his student

#95 User is offline   Overmind 

Posted 24 September 2004 - 07:45 PM

In Mayer, the representatives of the elementals remained seated about the table. Their faces (those that had them) remained guarded and expressionless, masking their thoughts from foe and ally alike. Eventually, Sabinate turned to stare at a spot in the empty air.

"Are we doing the right thing?"

*YES.*

A at the focus of Sabinate's gaze, a point of light became visible. It slowly brightened, until the entire room was bathed in a warm, golden glow.

"I still don't understand why you can't do more to help," the Undine grumbled. "Personally, I've risked much to be here, both from the enemies of my race, and my own people."

*I AM FORBIDDEN TO DIRECTLY INTERFERE.*

"And you can't tell us any more about what we will face?" Sabinate queried.

*I HAVE SAID WHAT WAS REQUIRED. TO SAY MORE WOULD DO GREAT HARM.*

Ur-Sylph spoke, then. Its voice seemed to drift to their hearing on a gentle breeze, belying the force of which they all new it was capable.

I have complied with your suggestion, it said, although I care little for this place or its troubles. I am the last of my kind. Better to let us pass.

"I, too, am the last of my kind," Ignae rumbled. "None have concerned themselves with me for a very long time; why should I now concern myself with them?"

*IT IS NECESSARY. YOU MUST ACT, AS MUCH FOR YOUR OWN SAKE AS THEIRS. YOU EXIST, BUT THAT IS NO LONGER ENOUGH - YOU MUST REMEMBER HOW TO LIVE.*

As you say.

"What of the Ronin, couldn't they be of assistance in this?" Sabinate asked.

*THIS TASK IS NOT FOR THEM. THEIR DESTINY LIES ALONG A DIFFERENT PATH. THEIR TIME WILL COME, IN THE HOUR OF THE WORLDS' GREATEST NEED.*

"Cryptic prophecy and half-understood directions. I'd forgotten just how maddening it was to deal with you, Kronos," the Undine complained. "Just what are you good for, if you can't act directly?" He sighed, and the others heard the sound of a wave lapping upon the shore. "Don't answer, I know the rules."

For a moment, there was silence.

*THERE ARE OTHERS, BESIDES THE RONIN, IN MY CARE. SOME OF THEM MAY HELP.*

Sabinate shrugged, in the imperturbable manner of his race.

"It's better than nothing, I suppose."
I will classify my lieutenants in three categories: untrusted, trusted, and completely trusted. Promotion to the third category will be awarded posthumously.

#96 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:45 PM

The Wizard contemplated Draconis's thoughts. Hmm. Kill himself?. This seemed odd, but the Wizard decided to scan Joru's mind as requested. Yes, a great deal of tension. I will keep an eye on him for now. Oh, and if you wish to learn telepathy, it will take a great deal of discipline, which I observe you have. I guess that I can attempt to teach you the basics, swiftly, though.

Instantly thoughts filled Draconis's mind. Then, he suddenly could understand the basics of telepathy. He was already acquainted with it, since he had "mind speech". Unfortunately, the Wizard could only teach so much. Just the basics of viewing a mind. Now I must focus my attention on the dragon again and thought.

They landed softly. There was something down here. They had all sensed it. Scryllia floated to the ground. Everyone relaxed their hold on her.

"I can't see anything, but I am sure that there is something here. Something."

They scoured the region, carefully checking every hole or possible cave in the mountain side. Nothing. Then, right before taking off again, Moonshadow lifted something out from under the dirt. It was very messy.

"Ahh. A book. A journal... of one of the miners!" The Wizard stated, viewing the pages in his mind. The book came to him, and he hid within the folds of his robe.

The take off had been easy for all, except Joru. Perhaps we should not have landed. A great stress he is bringing upon himself. He was unsure. He did not wish to directly interfere, but he had already with Draconis. Cytherans. Except they aren't Cytheran. Hmm.

He sat, reading the book, completely engulfed in its words. He then looked up. "You know that with Ur-Sylph free, there is no guarantee for any of us, even if we can survive the Death King."

Nothing was said, they were all aware of what he said, and they knew the truth, however great, that was within it.
Wizard

#97 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:23 AM

The Death King watched the group. They would soon find the dragon, so it really wouldn't make a difference whether Scryllia was awake or not. In fact, it would speed up the search and get him the other dragon that much faster. He waved his hand and Scryllia stirred. She would wake up soon, but it wasn't time yet. He considered the elementals and their talk at Mayer. He knew what everyone there had said, for he knew all that went on in Cythera.
He thought,Soon, I will finish them. All of them. Forever.
He hoped the Cytherans would find that dragon quickly. It was nearly time to finish this game.

Selax

#98 User is offline   Overmind 

Posted 25 September 2004 - 06:03 PM

If Kronos was amused by the Death King's delusion of omniscience, he certainly didn't express it. He merely accepted it as a fact. Being himself aware of every event, and every potential event that could occur, would occur, had occurred or might have occurred at any time in Cythera's history, from the birth of the Elements to the ultimate dissolution of the three worlds, avoiding such an eavesdropper was child's play - he simply moved the conference outside of time. Everything that was said occurred in zero time; there was nothing for an observer to see.

He'd revealed his existence to a select few non-Elementals a mere handful of times in the past; he would probably do the same a very few times more in one or more of the potential futures that awaited Cythera, in his determination to prevent the Great Dissolution. None knew of his existence, unless he allowed it. It could have been a lonely existence.

Could have been, but wasn't.

In a place that was elsewhere, where the passage of time was irrelevant, Kronos appeared next to an old, old man, who was peering intently into a flat plate, about half a metre square, that was constructed of crystal, gems and gold.

*TEMREL.*

The old man jumped slightly. "Yes, Kronos?"

*OBSERVE CAREFULLY. OTHERS HAVE CHOICES TO MAKE. IF THEY CHOOSE THE WRONG PATH, YOU MAY HAVE TO INTERVENE.*

Temrel gulped. "Me? But I'm just an old man, an inventor - what could I do?"

*MUCH. YOU UNDERESTIMATE YOURSELF, TEMREL.*

"But couldn't, you know, you do something?"

*I WILL - I'LL SEND YOU.*

"That's not what I meant."

*I AM FORBIDDEN TO INTERFERE DIRECTLY, YOU KNOW THAT.*

"Yes, but, but... Moonshadow's there! What if she recognises me?"

*THEN YOU WILL MAKE IT CLEAR TO HER THAT SHE MUST NOT MENTION IT TO FLYNN OR THE RONIN.*

"But, but - oh, blast it, I've run out of excuses." Temrel became more contrite. "I'm sorry, Kronos. Thank you for being so forebearing towards an old man."

*THAT'S QUITE ALL RIGHT, TEMREL. THERE IS TIME, HERE, TO BE PATIENT. ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD.*

The irony of the pun was not lost on Temrel.

This post has been edited by Overmind: 25 September 2004 - 08:31 PM

I will classify my lieutenants in three categories: untrusted, trusted, and completely trusted. Promotion to the third category will be awarded posthumously.

#99 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2004 - 06:37 PM

At the moment, the Death King remained unaware of the existence of Kronos, but he knew that there was something other than the four elements of which he knew, for he had felt it when he had entered Cythera. Because what none of the elementals knew (although Selax suspected) was that the Death King was not native to Cythera. Ages ago, he had moved through the void with his countless hordes, overrunning whole realities, but what he had always desired to find was a focal point of the ethereal void. From such a point (after all inhabitants were dead), he could shatter the boundaries between realities and use the energy to enslave all of them. In Cythera, he had found such a place. He had come upon it when it was still forming and while the elementals still slept. The Death King had attempted to subvert or destroy them (and in this he had been partially successful). However, they had awakened before he could finish, but it made little difference to him because no element (not even time) affected him. The elemental's conference at Mayer puzzled him, for he had read their thought and known that they had met and talked but something prevented him from observing the event, which annoyed him to a slight degree. During, his long years of imprisonment he had caused them to war with each other and weaken one another. Then, he had lured the human miners to these mountains and made a group release him. Now, he was ready to try again.

*OoC*
The Death King doesn't get killed on this occasion (otherwise he wouldn't make a good constant villain), but he does suffer a defeat and perhaps lose his body.
*BiC*

This post has been edited by Selax: 25 September 2004 - 06:44 PM

Selax

#100 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2004 - 07:43 PM

The Wizard sat silently, reading the journal intently.

Entry 231 of the 53 year:
I was lost, then. Running, screaming, trying to escape the inescapable. Doom flew behind me. Fire, terror, death. I ran, but could not outrun. It caught me, shooting flames and spewing indescribable heat. I fell. Blackness.
Suddenly, I awakened. Everyone and everything that I had previously knew... gone. There was nothing left for me. So I ran away. As fast as I could, south, down the mountain. I could only hope for escape, but somehow, I knew that I would not live through this. There was a greater evil here. Perhaps one that I would discover or perhaps one that I could avoid, but no matter what I had to leave that dreadful place.

Entry 247 of the 53 year:
Every day I got closer to the mountain base. I still felt that evil presence, but I could do nothing.
The animals are disappearing, faster now. Native creatures of the land are becoming a rare sight, along with my meals.
I have been traveling swiftly these past few days, but now the terrain grows even rougher. I do not know if there is any hope left in me.

Entry 256 of the 53 year:
I am so near now. Each morning I can see the extensive forests below, but I do not feel safe. Would that...creature track me all this way? I have grown increasingly paranoid. I fear that I am going mad, now. There is nothing holding me. I stand upon mere threads of life. My meals have grown small and my worry great. I find myself constantly looking back, searching for it. I do not want it, yet I am drawn. Drawn by death. Drawn by something. Something I cannot describe. I almost long for this terrible death, but I cannot let myself. I must live!

Entry 257 of the 53 year:
Even my powers have not helped. I cannot find food. All the animals are gone. Not even the birds will venture here. I have used my powers as much as I can, but I am draining now.
I am on my last day of mountain travel, I hope. The forest's borders are but miles away. Afterward, there is still a dangerous journey, but I feel safety coming.
But...No! I must die I must die! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ah, ha, ha.
What? I can hardly contain myself now. This has driven me to madness. I cannot escape it! Ha, ha, ha, ha. What is this warmth above me. A red, erie glow looms over me, yet I do not have the courage to look I guess I may as well.

Last entry in volume.
The Wizard was puzzled now. What powers would a miner have? He flipped through all the pages and wen to the first entry he could find.

Entry 82 of the 52 year:
I have grown increasingly friendly with the group. Though, I do not belong with them, I feel that I must stay with them. We have scoured the mountain for good mining ground. Some strange red rock. I must go now, though.

Entry 105 of 52 year:
Here we are. An extensive field of glowing, red crystals. There is a magic in them. I must write an analysis on them. They so fascinate me.
Today I injured someone over a mere rock, but I feel no remorse. I feel driven by them. Pushed and forced to do what is far beyond me.

Entry 106 of 52 year:
I now have time. The rocks are red, glowing with some ancient power. To touch them is magnificent. I have known nothing greater. The power they hold. They are part of the mountain, of this I am sure. The earthquakes have arisen increasingly. To remove these gems from the mountain is dangerous. I have studied and loved these mountains for 25 years, and I would never harm them. But now I feel differently. Something, some driving reason has started to intoxicate me. I am no longer as subtle as I once was. I have come to love these.

The Wizard looked carefully all around each page. That cannot be the first entry. There must be another book. There has to be another.

He checked through various entries, but could not ascertain very much of who or even what this man was. There certainly was something in those red crystals, but they had now been removed from all the places that they were. No study could be conducted yet, but was it safe to study them? Something was certainly very dangerous about this mountain. Maybe many things. He had to find the other book if he were to find out more about the miners and the gems.

he was still watching Scryllia's mental state. It changed. She started to stir. "I think Scryllia will be awake soon, but not now," he stated to the group.
Wizard

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users