Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Alraeican Tavern - part VII - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Alraeican Tavern - part VII

#151 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:04 PM

An hour later Silverfish blissfully entered the tavern with a handful of slingstones and asked to buy a cup of milk with some tea in it.

(The words of a ruffian can be misleading to the uninformed...)
My Cythera Boards characters:
Silverfish: 1.52ft/46.3cm Tall
Mitsos/Pirro: Canonically statted
Don't forget to write Cythera Chronicles!

#152 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:39 PM

Silverfish stood on the counter for two weeks, waiting for a response of some kind.

For an entertainment, he experimented with making his metal appear to be different colors. At the end of two weeks he had his hair color shifting through the natural hair colors, plus all the colors of the rainbow.

Some of the patrons were regularly fingering their weapons whenever they happened to glance in his direction.

#153 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:04 PM

One of the patrons finally got so vexed with Silverfish that he picked him up and hurled him out the door.

Silverfish decided that probably the best idea would be to go to Land King Hall, and ask Alaric about the country.

Having focused solely on color change for so long, Silverfish took a while to remember how to fly. But in the end he spread his wings and headed north at a rapid pace.

#154 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:51 PM

After witnessing a person spreading his wings and taking off to the north, Rogan decided to cut back on the wine a little.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#155 User is offline   Jehezekel 

• Butterfly Dragon
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:41 AM

Silverfish soon arrived at Land King Hall, and a guard brought him before Alaric. After several hours of consulting together, they decided that it would be best for Silverfish to find a safe place to experiment with his abilities. Alaric took him to the Void, and told him of its nature. Silverfish listened carefully, and then asked, "How will I know the way back?" Alaric placed his hand on on Silverfish's head, and he knew that he would recognize Cythera no matter where in the Void he went. Silverfish stepped in.

OoC: I'm going off to college and figure that I won't have time for Cythera or the board :P. I hope to be around again next summer. BiC:

#156 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:09 PM

Weary from their adventure, the group (from Shadow Games-the latest TS) staggered into the tavern. Selax noticed the old man (who had reentered the tavern) and went to speak with him in one of the corners. Some of them noticed a familiar figure (that is Rogan) among the people in the Tavern.

This post has been edited by Selax: 10 September 2005 - 09:10 PM

Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#157 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2005 - 06:34 PM

Selax and the old man both got up and walked outside, where they continued to talk quietly but urgently.

In the throne room of a dark fortress in the northern mountains:

"It has been done, master. Word has reached them that we have her."

"Good. Return to Pnyx, find Talryn, and tell him the time is coming. Make sure that he is ready. Then, go to the designated spot and await my coming."

"As you wish, master."

Having finished its report and been dismissed, the tall daemon strode quickly out the shadowed throne room, as if eager to get away from the occupant of the throne.

He was indeed very eager to get away from the ominous figure that was have hidden by shadows. As much as he and his ilk might have terrified the average Cytheran, so much more did this dark being terrify he and his ilk.

The Death King shifted in his throne and considered recent events.

Everything was exactly as he had intended.

Almost everything, he reminded himself as a tremor ran through the fortress. For a moment, his form seemed to haze in and out of existence. After a few moments, however, the phenomenon stopped and the fortress was still. This was one weak spot in his plan and the reason that his attempt was a large risk. He was still weakened from the assault that the elementals had made upon him, as well as his long imprisonment. They had almost knocked him out of Cythera, and he had not yet recovered.

He was unworried. All he needed now were the two last pieces of the puzzle, and they would come to him in time.

This post has been edited by Selax: 08 October 2005 - 06:39 PM

Selax

#158 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:08 AM

OOC: I LIVE AGAIN. So anyways im back after getting used to school related events and well im back for a while. And from what i can tell my char is still alive, so thanks. ITs good to be back. BIC:

Tej sat down and he drifted off into sleep, so deep that his head hit the bar and he didnt wake up.

-Dark Jet

This post has been edited by Dark Jet: 16 October 2005 - 10:52 PM

old - new

iKaterei said:

i wish i could put ... in all caps

#159 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:22 AM

Tej woke up, got water drank it then slept in the same manner as before.

OOC: wow did the board die this much? normally there would've been a reply by now. Off to the wonderful High School BIC

-Dark Jet
old - new

iKaterei said:

#160 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:16 PM

Rogan's face lit up as he saw what was many of his old friends entering the tavern. He remained calm, though, waiting for some of them to recognize and approach him.

#161 User is offline   Kentonis 417 

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:37 PM

Gin nodded to the people around him and then sat down at a small table. He sat there for several minutes and then got up and left. He came back later with wood, which he set on a table and then he sat down, pulling a hunting knife out of his boot he took a sharpening stone from his pack, sharpened the blade and then began to carve the wood. He knew he wouldn't be done for a while, if he ever finished what he was doing in the short respite fate had granted. Besides he would have to pay for metal and would have to make glue out of the sap of some nearby trees. Gin smiled 'I will finish if I can, otherwise I will not.' Gin gave no further thought to wheather his project would get finished he simply sat at his table, quietly carving the wood he had brought.
"I don't like to fight, but it's my life, it's all I know" Joru.

"I like drinks, they make me forget everything, even the important things in life. Gin.

#162 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:11 PM

OOC: i post agian :P I am reading the ts to see what i missed, and yes Kentonis i had to steal ur idea BIC

By this time Tej had recovered completely, he got up again got a gallon of water and some bread and cheese and sat down. He began concentrating and bits of wood started to appear. After completing 2 tiers of the "project" he stopped, drank some water and ate a little bit then continued. He was 1/8 done by the end of the hour.

-Dark
old - new

iKaterei said:

#163 User is offline   Half Truth 

• PipPip

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:08 AM

It was fairly windy and going on dusk. The tavern was quite quiet, a few drunks that had fallen a sleep and a few other people just doing various things. The door opened and Medoc walked in, wearing his usual black robe and his staff. He murmered under his breath 'Its nice to be home again'.
The mind controls the body, but the heart controls the mind.
Half Truth

#164 User is offline   Kentonis 417 

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:56 PM

OOC: I guess that means I'm the only one of the two of us with origional ideas. BIC

Gin smiled when he saw Tej constructing something as well. All he had carved so far was two curved pieces and their sides. He had already glued them together, revealing a curved box. Gin looked at his work to this point tapped the box a couple times, producing a resonant sound inside of it. He smiled then got up, left his tools and left the tavern. He went straight to a smithy and asked if he could borrow the loan of some tools and buy some metal. The smith, curious granted him use of the forge since he had had no buisness that day anyway. Gin returned to the tavern with several curious devices and then went back to work.

"I like drinks, they make me forget everything, even the important things in life. Gin.

#165 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:48 PM

OOC: psh.. no gretting kto?! :P oh and btw the two tiers are only like half a cm tall. BIC:

By the time Gin returned, Tej had finished 4 tiers, a somewhat (1 cm tall) strange object. From what was constructed it almost looked like a random mixture of geometroical (sp? geometory + ical) shapes (such as a little bit of a square then triangle then sphere and so on). And by this time tej had 2 bowls of bread rolls and a big bucket of water.

OOC: oh and he is actually far from 1/8 being done more like 1/1000th? :P BIC:

-Dark

This post has been edited by Dark Jet: 24 October 2005 - 09:49 PM

old - new

iKaterei said:

#166 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:23 PM

Selax and the old man were still outside, talking rapidly. To prevent anyone from listening in, they were alternating between three or four different languages.

*OoC*
I might try to put a more detailed post in the next day or two. I'll try if I have the time.
*BiC*

Selax

#167 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:38 PM

Then

It was quiet.

That was the first thing that Selax noticed as he entered the chamber of the Chimaera.

Usually, there was some noise, even if it was just a quiet humming noise that seemed to come from the walls. Not so, today.

Something was wrong.

The chamber was huge, marvelous almost beyond description. Light shone from the walls themselves, reflected around the vast dome by gems cut more perfectly than can be imagined or described. The chamber was spherical; one could never say how large or how small it was, whether they saw it from the inside or the outside. The chamber was beautiful, seeming to encapsulate the very essence of the ethereal void and to many light itself. To many it seemed that life here, if only for even a few moments, was better than at any other time in their remembered lives. The memory of the chamber was forever emblazoned into their hearts, providing both comfort and sorrow whenever they chanced to remember.

As magnificent as this chamber was, it was dwarfed by its ten occupants.

Each of them was nine feet tall. Each appeared to be without flaw (outwardly at least). Each wore glowing armor that was either gold or white or perhaps both at the same time; no one could ever truly say. Their faces appeared to be almost human, but their eyes shone with light. It hurt just to look at them because of the radiance they emitted. None could even guess at the color of their skin because it seemed to be all colors and yet at the same time none. Each had a cape with a unique color. Whatever the color was, it appeared to be more bright and beautiful there than anywhere else—at least to those who saw it. Some had dropped dead at the sight of these ten beings. All of them held a vast power—veiled but felt even so.

Tomsan stood in the middle of the circle that these beings completed

Puzzled for a moment, Selax stopped. (Not that he had ever stood in that circle more than once; he typically stayed near the single door.)

Where was Detharon?

Detharon and Tomsan led the personal guard of the Chimaera. Both of them were among the few friends that Selax had. Detharon was big, standing eight feet tall. He wore gold armor and carried a gold sword (reflecting his position as leader of the Chimaera's guard. He had a gold colored face with blue eyes and silver hair. He had vast wings made of some material that Selax couldn't identify. Tomsan was much like Detharon, only being slightly smaller and having silver for his color (reflecting his position as being second to Detharon. Both were also great mages.

Then, the Chimaera spoke.

They spoke with one voice which emanated from the walls, the void itself, and themselves. It rumbled loudly but seemed like a soft voice. It sounded beautiful and melodious; some said they could listen to it for decades on end. Selax listened attentively, knowing that the Chimaera was fond of giving a lot of information at once and then being quiet.

"We don't know where Detharon is, young Selax. He disappeared three short days ago. That is not, however, why you have been summoned. We have lost contact with the Ithraca and some other members of the Last League. You and Tomsan must go to the Ithraca and find out why quickly. Our vision is limited for some reason unknown to us, and the war requires that we remain here and direct it. However, we can send the two of you to the Ithraca. Go, immediately. Return as swiftly as you can."

As quickly as that announcement was delivered, Selax and Tomsan found themselves no longer in the chamber but on a high hill on the pleasant world where the Ithraca had made their home after their last homeworld was destroyed. Both were silent as they descended the hill into a small valley. The Last League was a very important group of races to the Chimaera's war against their fallen brother. They held the forts around the Chimaera's chamber; if they fell, then the war was over...

Nothing could ever prepared them for the evil that they would encounter there.

A cursory examination (carried out stealthily) of the first city that they found was all that proved to be necessary.

The Ithraca had been corrupted, turned into hideous versions of their former selves.

Selax and Tomsan both agreed that the corruption had been gradual, but that one final element had been enough to complete the process.

What neither could figure out was what could have done it.

However, as they both stood debating on the very hill that they had entered the world on, they heard a cold voice behind them and knew their first fear was true.

"Well, well, Selax and Tomsan! You have no idea what a mistake you have made in coming here..."

Both turned slowly to face the speaker.*

It was Detharon.

Now

Selax shook his head; this was not the time for old memories. He didn't really wish to remember the ten day battle that had followed nor the events after that.

He turned his attention back to the "old" "man" in front of him.

"You are certain of this, Ur-Sylph?"

"Of course! For the tenth time!" the old man said seeming exasperated.

"Forgive me, if I don't trust you," Selax said mildly before continuing, "it's just that you tried to kill me and take over the world, so you must understand it might be hard for me to believe you."

Ur-Sylph nodded sadly before replying.

"Perfectly understandable," he smiled slowly, "That's why I asked the others to join here tonight."

"Here? Are you mad? It is not safe here."

Selax's only answer was a sword materializing in Ur-Sylph's hand. He looked at it pointedly.

"And what do you intend to do with that?" he asked in a calm voice.

Ur-Sylph shook his head. He slowly lifted the sword.

"Maybe after a fair sword fight, you'll feel better. What do I intend to do with this? I'd like to remind you that we were friends once. We used to do this for practice, if you recall."

He leapt swinging the sword as he did so. Selax deflected it with the sword that had appeared out of his sleeve as if by magic.

The two leapt and twirled round and round each other. Kicks were attempted, and punches blocked. Attacks were made, and blows traded. But without using his magic, Ur-Sylph knew that he could not defeat Selax. Indeed, after several minutes, Selax smashed the sword from Ur-Sylph's hands and hurled him into the wall of the tavern. Ur-Sylph stood slowly, facing Selax. Selax stood still with an impassive expression; his sword had vanished back into his robes. The two faced each other silently for a few moments.

Both turned at the same time, hearing footsteps.

The others had arrived.

*The events of the ten day fight between Selax, Tomsan, and Detharon are told in the Chronicle Betrayal.

Selax

#168 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:23 PM

Avatara wiped the sweat from his forehead before stepping inside. He hadn't had any luck and it had been a long side-trip. As far as he could tell, Saria had simply vanished, which meant he wasn't looking hard enough.

It took a moment to adjust his eyes as he entered the tavern, the well-lit establishment being a sharp contrast to the dusk settling outside. Scanning the room he caught sight of someone he thought he recognized...someone who owed him a lot of money. "Rogan!" he muttered and started to head over when he noticed someone tugging on his sleeve.

"Excuse me, sir. I'm supposed to give this to you," a little boy looked up a bit nervously held up a small wrapped up paper bundle. Avatara took the package from the boy and undid the twine holding the yellowing crumpled parchment up. It seemed to be a letter from someone, one that seemed to be written a long time ago.

"Thanks kid," Avatara looked up, reaching in his pocket for a few oboloi, but the boy was already gone. Not seeing any trace of him, Avatara sat down at the bar and began to read the letter. It was from Nixus, a long confession detailing her past and her intentions, dated over a year ago. Written while he was off up North, received far too late.

I am going back to a completely war torn land. "And to think I just ran off," with a sigh of regret Avatara folded the letter away and ordered a drink. Inwardly, he was praying for her through the trials she had to endure. "Nixus, you were never a burden." He swirled his drink for a moment and then raised it up in a solemn toast, "to all those who have left, may we meet again someday."
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#169 User is offline   Kentonis 417 

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:26 PM

Gin finished the guitar he had been working on and then tuned the instrument. Making sure he had done nothing wrong he strummed a chord. 'This will do,' he thought to himself and then, strumming the strings gently so that he could still hear the talk of the tavern he began to play. He sat there, absetnly strumming chords or playing familiar songs while consentrating on the people around him. Watching, seeing what infromation he could glean from the many conversations.

#170 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2005 - 04:54 PM

Rogan made his way to the bar, sitting down on the bar stool next to Avatara. "I'll pay for that," he said, gesturing at the drink, "and probably a few more as well." He put a handfull of oboloi on the counter. He leant forward, turned to face Avatara, and took a deep breath before he continued: "It was never my intention to remain in the Southeast for so long, but certain factors made my presence there extremely important – for others as well as myself. I am a man of honor, and had it been possible… I would have paid you back much earlier." He handed Avatara a medium-sized pouch, so full it was barely holding itself together. "It's all there, plus interest. Now, with that out of the way.." his face broke into a big smile, "it's good to see you again, my old friend."

#171 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:58 AM

Several days in the past:

As Wizard rode east from Pynx, he did not stop in Cademia, but continued on over the River Sitia where he turned south to Catamarca. This was unfortunate, for if he had been a mere few days slower, he would have intercepted the group after crossing the Sitia.

At Catamarca, he quickly found that the group had headed north. Nobody in town knew who they were or where they were going, but Wizard found their trail directly outside of town, and so he tracked it. Normally, Wizard would have spent the night in Catamarca’s inn, but he was in a hurry so he traveled all night, using his staff to provide light for his horse.

Eventually, Wizard came across a campsite where the group had apparently lingered for several days; they were looking for something. Here he let his horse rest for a little bit while he himself scouted around.

They were here not but a week ago, Wizard thought as his mind relived what had happened. Only a few hundred feet away stood the base a mountain, the sheer rock face well hidden behind the foliage. This was a mountain on the edge of a vast range in Cythera. It was in these mountains that acted as a divider between west and east Cythera.

Wizard wandered around the base until he picked up the group’s prints again. They had gone into the mountain through a hollow doorway directly behind some thick plants. The old mage stretched out his hand to peel the plants back only to be met by the putrid smell of rotted flesh. It was very dark in the mountain and there were thousands of bones covering the floor. Though the flesh had decomposed a long time ago, the smell had apparently been preserved and well-sealed behind all the plants.

Since Wizard had been a loner for most of his life, he was not easily frightened, but this place did give him a light sensation of fear. He did not like and so he pulled back his hand, letting the plants fall in front of the blackness again. When it was hidden from view Wizard felt normal again. There is something very odd about this place, he muttered in his mind.

Not wishing to enter the mountain, he walked around more. Soon he found another door, only this one wasn’t really a door from the outside, but he sensed that it could be opened from the other side. He was about to force it open with his mind, when he looked down and saw footprints. “Thank heaven,” Wizard cried out loud. He did not have to enter the cave, the others had come out through this door. That means that they either found the zetacomb or I don’t want to go in that place on my own, Wizard joked with a smile of relief.

He followed the tracks further and further from the mountain. Hmm. There was a fight here. That mark was left by Selax’s blade. That other. . . I don’t know, Wizard told himself glancing at a couple of scars on the ground that were obviously left by swords. Selax had fought someone else. A very powerful person considering the length that the fight must have been to leave as many scratches on the ground as it had. It also covered a considerable distance.

“Right about here the rest of the group joined in the fight. Selax must have arrived here before the others,”Wizard remarked quietly with an inflection of curiosity on his voice. There were footprints everywhere. It had been quite a fight.

A little further on, Wizard found a patch in the ground where two people had smashed to the ground. There was a recently-made marker in one of the small craters. Here fell Balthon: betrayer and murderer of an entire civilization, one of the eldest of living beings and one of the last Children of the Air. Wizard stood for a long, long time pondering this.

------------------------

Present time:

A couple of days later, Wizard arrived at the outskirts of Cademia. Yep, they’re here, he reassured himself, sensing the group’s presence in the tavern.

He slowed his horse from a gentle trot to a walk. It was dusk, and soon the sun would be completely hidden behind the mountains to the west. Not wishing to run into any ruffians that are so abundant in Cademia at night, Wizard hoped to reach the tavern before nightfall.

He made his way across town, he could feel his horse begin to slow a little bit; it was obviously tired. Wizard reached over and patted its neck. He looked up suddenly when he heard some noise. When he looked in front of him, he realized that he was only a few hundred yards from the tavern. Wizard had never been to the tavern in person, but he did send an image of himself here once, so he knew the way.

The noise he had heard he understood to be voices. One of them was Selax’s. He wasn’t as adept at placing the other voices, but he could tell that they were elementals. They seemed to be speaking urgently in hushed tones. Just a little bit closer and he would be able to hear what they were saying. . . No, it is a private discussion. Selax will tell me later if he wants me to know, Wizard told himself harshly before he urged his horse nearer. He decided to take the long way around.

A couple of minutes later Wizard reigned his horse in by the door of the tavern. He could still here the soft voices whispering back and forth, but he made no effort to listen. His horse seemed quite relieved to be stopping. Wizard smiled, “I could really get used to keeping you around”; he patted the horse’s neck again.

After he put his horse in the adjoining stable, where he recognized a couple of the other horses, he headed to the entrance. As soon as he pushed the door open, he saw who everyone was. He stood in the doorway for a moment, looking from side to side. He knew most of them. There was one man whom he had not yet met who was at the bar talking enthusiastically with Avatara.

That would be. . . Rogan, Wizard thought. Then he sighed contentedly, there are many memories in this place, so many. Just glancing around, Wizard’s mind skimmed the surfaces of the thoughts of all who were in the tavern. Vivid images of the past, of great quests and adventures, of fond memories, and others floated around him, retelling stories of old.

Sometimes Wizard did wish that his mind did not wander so much in its ability, detecting every thought that any person had near him. Other times he had even desired not to have his abilities at all. During these times, he would look almost enviously at the ordinary person, thinking with a sigh of sadness, he is lucky; he must be very happy. But this was not such a time. In fact, Wizard had grown considerably fonder of his power of late. He looked on these things with a smile and then released from his line of thought.

Wizard caught sight of a dimly lit corner with a solitary table. He moved toward it and then sat down. No one had seemed to notice him yet, but this did not bother him. He would wait here until Selax came back inside.

This post has been edited by The Wizard: 12 November 2005 - 01:01 AM

Wizard

#172 User is offline   Desert Fox 

• Hypnotized
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:16 AM

Avatara looked down at the money, gave Rogan a quizzical look. "You've changed."

Rogan smiled sadly, "Haven't we all?" The two went on to talk about recent occurances and older times as the sun travelled the last leg across the sky.

The night was starting to set in and the patrons were all at the bar, drinking their drinks and having a merry good time. Avatara had for some reason decided this to be a good point to get a quick burst of cool air and walked out the door for a few seconds.

As he stood outside the doors, he had a strange feeling come across him. Looking around, he couldnt see anything in his general area, but as he was about to head inside, he heard a faint pop out in the distance. Judging the area it came from, he scanned the area a bit closer to see if he could make anything out.

A few moments later, he noticed a shadowy burst in the air. The magic was distinctive. The only problem was that Av couldnt detect the one who made that magic.

After a few more seconds of thought, Avatara decided to go back inside to collect his thoughts on this matter, and to finish a few tasks...

This post has been edited by Avatara: 20 November 2005 - 02:02 PM

Banana banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie!
Banana banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie!

#173 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:02 PM

*OoC*
Dark Jet, Talryn appears in this next post; I'll try to use him as little as possible and if you want me to make any changes with what the parts concerning him (or remove him entirely) I will do so. (Or you could PM what you want him to do and I can make the necessary changes.) I'll PM you the details of the Death King's plan for Talryn and the identity of his partner in a few days, unless you wish for them sooner.

By the way, events concerning the DK and the Chimaera are only going to be a subplot in the next TS.
*BiC*

Outside, the night had grown cold.

This was irrelevant to the lone shadow, standing on the roof.

Selax pondered his conversation with the elementals—Ur-Sylph, Ignae, Sabinate, and the Undine King himself had all been present.

The conversation had been informative. Plans had been made and were even now being implemented.

Of course, he hadn't told them everything he knew, and each of them hadn't told everything that he knew.

That was the way of things among the elementals—each tried to use the others to his advantage.

Selax almost could have laughed.

Everything had happened exactly as he intended.

Still, his enemy was far better at this than he was, and Selax knew that his plans would not succeed as long as that threat was present in Cythera.

Fortunately, he was fairly certain that something would soon occur that would change all that...

Far to the west, in the catacombs below the city of Pnyx, Talryn stood, patiently waiting his master's call.

Since his coming, much had changed in Pnyx itself. The catacombs below Pnyx had been hollowed out and enlarged. A portal had been opened in the former office of the Elder Diones.

It was next to this portal that Talryn waited. The portal could best be described as nothing more than a hole in the wall. It led many places, however. Anywhere Talryn (or his master) wished it to in fact.

Suddenly, Talryn heard a voice in his head. It was that of the Death King, his master

Come, Talryn. We have much to discuss.

Talryn stepped through the portal.

In the north, the Death King rose from his seat and entered the ethereal void.

As he passed into the place where he and his fellows had originated, he felt his power returning.

He laughed.

In the void "above" Cythera...

There was a fairly large gathering of various creature here.

A large army was gathering. Or perhaps, more accurately several large armies.

Ever since the Death King's imprisonment by the elementals in the past, his lieutenants (of which there were several dozen—there were only this many because of the sheer size of the Death King's army) had been at odds with each other.

A civil war had developed, with those still loyal to their master against those who wished to establish their own empires.

However, this war would still have done only little damage to the Death King's army were it not for the sudden return and onslaught of the Chimaera.

What the Death King had neglected to tell his servants was that, although he had indeed placed a spell on the Chimaera preventing them from fighting him, since he was one of their number and they matched his power such a spell must eventually wear off. He had assumed that by such a time his army would be too large for them to stop him. He hadn't counted on being imprisoned and his army fighting itself.

To say that the Death King's lieutenants had been petrified would have been a charitable remark.

To say that they stopped fighting each other long enough to use their huge numerical superiority to do anything about it would have been untrue. Rather, they intensified their civil war.

Now, they no longer had their numerical superiority but basically equal numbers.

The unexpected return of their master had further complicated their situation.
At feeling the return of his terrible thought, many of those that had betrayed him had committed suicide.

The rest waited for him in fear, knowing that when he entered the void he would almost instantly read their thoughts and learn what had happened. Even those who hadn't betrayed him feared that he would kill them for failing to stop the schism.

They didn't think that he would be very pleased...

The Death King and Talryn entered the void in the middle of the assemblage.

The levels of power emanating from the group almost made Talryn dizzy. Then, he turned to look at his master, and his eyes widened in amazement.

The Death King was furious. His anger was so great that his mere presence could've fried the minds of lesser beings.

Contemptible beings!

HOW DARE THEY FAIL HIM!

He pulled in his power, in darkness, in shadow. He gathered himself. He pulled in even more strength from his armies.

His form disappeared, changing into a huge shadow avatar of his ordinary body.

It was huge.

A darkness so dark, it hurt just to look at it.
A threat so terrible that hope seemed to vanish in its presence.
A malice and menace that could actually be seen and not just felt.
Death itself loomed over them.

Towering above them, Death looked them over.

After a few seconds, it spoke in a thunderous voice that rang through the void. Somehow, it even sounded like death.

"Good...I have your replacements already."

Death waved a hand, and most of the lieutenants dropped dead instantly.

Then, the avatar shrank, and the original form of the Death King reappeared.

He turned to Talryn.

"DON'T EVER FAIL ME AS THEY DID!" he yelled. Then, he continued, "This changes things. Initiate your plans at once. I will send an old servant of mine with you. Return to Pnyx."

Still amazed, Talryn stepped back through the portal.

To his surprise a figure stood in the shadows, waiting for him.

Somehow, Talryn knew who it was. His master must have given him that information

The figure stepped forward. Then, it spoke.

"The master has already told me what is needed. I look forward to a chance for revenge."

The Death King turned to the others (which already included his new appointments). He gave one command.

"Gather my army. Now."

This post has been edited by Selax: 17 November 2005 - 09:12 PM

Selax

#174 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:24 PM

Talryn remembered something of his previous life, that of which he had the chance to meet a very powerful being known to him as Acrolek. Acrolek had created a special vial that contained ingrdents that could make a black/white hole, depending on the magic used. Talryn the refocused to his task, the figure asked, "what is it?"

Talryn looked at his hand clutching the pocket with the vial, he let go, and shook his shoulders saying it was nothing. A small yet powerful mental barrier started to form around some of his thoughts. (The Betrayal of Talryn is coming soon, and dont touch my vial :P)

---

Tej took yet another break, when a mental thought forced its way in. Tej was knocked off his chair with the force. After getting back up, and lifting the chair up, He walked over to the bartender and asked for various objects. Some of them, he was told, he had to get at a store. Tej took the ingredients, and paid well. He then placed them into his pack, and ran out the door for the store. He returned with some more objects, some being rocks. he moved his stuff to a corner.

Tej cast a invisibility spell, and begun sampling ingredients as his mental message told him. He took the stuff outside, put it into a vial, shook it, and tossed. Since the ingredients were about a 100th of what they were supposed to be, a mini silent explosion took place, actually being a white hole. The white hole collapsed a few seconds later into nothing. The plants near the white hole had died to a "overdose of radiation".

Tej walked back inside, stunned. He carefully made 5 vials of the stuff, with the recipe doubled. (no one saw the ingredients or how to make it or no about the vials) With that being done, Tej continued with his construction. Well the way that i've made this so far, it might as well hold all five vials so it can make one big one. The construction took on a new shape as it was being completed.

ooc: oh sure i post the chron and not one comment? ;) bic:

-Dark Jet
old - new

iKaterei said:

#175 User is offline   Kentonis 8356 

Posted 18 November 2005 - 06:40 PM

Gin sat in his corner, the guitar long since lain aside. Interestingly enough Gin sat on the chair indian style. Within the confines of his mind Gin focused on himself excluding the world around him. Gin knew that he had only marginal powers, though they had appered to be powerful when he first gained them. He also knew that the potential to develop powerful magic was within him. However, he did not feel that he would be able to control the magic. Unknown to Gin his first experience with the new raw magic he had so suddenly aquired was something that happened beyond anyones control and he would be able to control his magic if he was properly trained. Not having any previous magical power Gin was compleatly untrained in its use and though if he tried he could somehow make something happen around him such as the lighting of a candle or knocking a glass off a table this was the extent of his power. Gin did not know that unconciously he feared magic as humans always fear the unknown and had already decided not to try to learn anything more about his power but to instead simply let it dwindle inside of him till it no longer existed. Hearing a noise, Gin opened his eyes as the door opened. Noticing it was only Selax he sighed and turned leaned against the wall, allowing himself to drowse off.
"I don't like to fight, but it's my life, it's all I know" Joru at the council of elders, on Kentaries III

"I like drinks, they make me forget everything, even the important things in life. Gin
sitting alone in the back of the bar.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users