Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Alraeican Tavern - part VII - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Alraeican Tavern - part VII

#101 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:18 PM

"I swear this place gets crazier by the day," Katerei sighed, running a hand through her hair and looking round at the mess. "Someone remind me why I came here in the first place...."

"Couldn't tell ya that, missy, but I can take ya back out of here if ya want," a drunken fellow said, winking and grabbing her elbow.

Katerei wrenched her arm away and looked down at the man with an expression of extreme repulsion. "That's a very good reminder of why I -shouldn't- have come here." Striding over to Kestrel and Avatara, she sat down on a barstool and looked at them imploringly. "Please, -please- can we get out of this place as soon as possible?"

Avatara shrugged. "We're trying, but we need to wait for certain people first. Until then, sorry, but you'll have to manage best you can. Why don't you have a drink? It'll calm you down."

"Calm, yeah right," she muttered, "I don't need calm, I need a crowbar." Nevertheless, she signalled the bartender and ordered a glass of wine. When it came, she stared into it vaguely and said "I'm going to regret this, I know it. I did last time...." and began drinking it.

------------------
The moment ideas are conceived / They'll be out of touch, obsolete / They're faking champions hand picked / And all the fights have been fixed

#102 User is offline   Half Truth 

• PipPip

Posted 01 July 2004 - 04:30 AM

Medoc had finally finished playin around with the sword and started walking over to the group."Whos sword is this anyway, I cant use it?"
The others just looked at him for a second and then went back to talking to each other.

"Hey, drunk dude, do you want a sword, it doesn't seem to be in too bad a condition."

"Yashhh, thast gooo." He said trying to get off the bar stool.

"I will take that as a yes, don't get up, you will probably fall on top of the sword."

Medoc turned towards the others again and took a seat. "If anyone wants that sword they are going to have a hard time getting it off that drunkard there." He turned around to see that he had stuck it down his pantstrying to hide it.

------------------
The mind controls the body, but the heart controls the mind.
Half Truth
Half Truth

#103 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:45 PM

Theo wondered what the importance of "the sword" is and where it came from. Also of consideration was just why that man was putting it down his pants, but then he remembered the nature of drunks and ceased to be amazed.

Soon, the growing heat in Theo's hands drew his attention, and looking down, realized he was still holding the wand that Avatara wantonly broke. With the disrupted energy from the wand on the verge of explosion, Theo ran to the door of the nearest back room, and sincerely hoping it was unoccupied, chucked the volatile stick into the opening and closed the door. He hadn't finished turning around before a faint tremor rumbled through the whole of the tavern, although the magic of the place absorbed the brunt of the force. Avatara, Katerei, Kestrel, and Moonshadown (who had by this time joined the others) looked over at the disturbance. "What?" Theo asked innocently before walking over to the table, ignoring the bartender's frown.

------------------
"I don't need a plan, just a goal. The rest will follow on its own"
     - MtG, "Temper"
The One And Only:
[url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/webboard/Forum5/HTML/000506.html"]~Theo Nean Donly~[/url]
     - Magic: the Gathering, "Temper"

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#104 User is offline   Pippin 3 

• Pip

Posted 02 July 2004 - 05:46 AM

Savara strode through the cramped buildings the huge shape of the Dawn blade nearly covering her completely.
As she approached one of the buildings she could hear laughter and smell drunks and brew.
She walked quietly to the door, and pushed it open the smells increased, a tavern at last bed she though,
she walked up to the counter where a bartender was busily cleaning a glass.
The bartender looked up at her, the looking changing into a gaze at the huge blade slung across her back,
"Could i have a room to sleep in" she said with a bit of an edge to her voice to alert him the she had realized the he was staring at her.
"ah ah yes it's 5 obol" he stuttered "hears your key, Its up the stairs Room 1." "Thank you she said with a bit more politeness in her voice, She turned to the staircase and began weaving her way through the drunks."Ahh bed at last"
She sighed.

------------------
we are born for darker purpose than that of mere existence,there will come a time when the stygian night never ends,where dead stars will spread before us like islands that slumber on the ocean, and when the beings that hid like shadows will feed on us forever
The sands of time trickle slowly. slowly spirralling down and our lives are but a grain.

#105 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2004 - 01:26 PM

As Talryn opened his room's door, he felt like he was missing something. He cloesd the door and checked the wards he had put up, nothing strange there, as he got ready to sleep he noticed his sword was missing. "Drats" Tlaryn muttered, putting his stuff bck on and he felt his oboli puch, a few coins were missing, about five of them too. Talryn smiled, good thing i grabbed a few oboli of those two drunks.

Talryn opened the tavern door just in time to see the drunk putting his sword down his pants. "oh crap..." Talryn walked over to avatara's group, and said in a slightly angry voice, "excuse me but, who gave that drunk my sword?" Talryn scanned the faces...

------------------
"Ahh, the signature, The One signature, TO RULE THEM ALL!" [url="http://"http://www.legendaryfrog.com/news.htm"]http://www.legendaryfrog.com/news.htm[/url]
old - new

iKaterei said:

i wish i could put ... in all caps

#106 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2004 - 01:36 PM

Moonshadow smiled at him. "I believe that was him," she said, nodding towards Medoc. "Though I have no idea how he got it." She shrugged, leaning back. "Which reminds me..." She added, looking at Medoc. "You still have not answered my question."

------------------
Welcome to a world, where you always get the girl; you may lose a fight or two, but you'll win if you get through.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

#107 User is offline   Half Truth 

• PipPip

Posted 02 July 2004 - 04:48 PM

Medoc looked back at Moonshadow, "Once, a long time ago, its not the one that you are looking for though, it died shortly after I found it, I didn't kill if that answers you other question."

"Why did you give my sword the that drunk over there?" Talryn asked claming down.

"I didn't need the sword and no one in the tavern said it was theirs so I gave it away, the drunk is poor so I gave it ot him" Medoc said defencivly.

"Medoc can you get me my sword back, you did give it to him."

"Your not scared of a drunk are you, you go get it off him. It doesn't really matter what I did before fore that is the past and that cannot be changed last I heard, bad things happen to everyone, just be thankful I didn't give it to someone who can actually fight with a sword." Medoc said leaning back in the chair.

"Fine!" Talryn walked over to the drunk and put his hand down the drunks pants and fished out the sword.

"Chat falt gooood, dow ith thum mooore." The drunk said finding it hard to get out the words.

Talryn yelled and ran out of the tavern, probably to wash is hands and see a therapyst.

------------------
Half Truth
Half Truth

#108 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2004 - 05:03 PM

"Hmm..." Moonshadow tilted her head slightly, staring thoughtfully off into nothing. After a while she looked at her hands, then her gaze wandered to Kestrel's mug. "Hmm..." she repeated, a curious look on her face. "Pardon me," she said finally, taking the mug out of Kestrel's hand. She made an intricate, flowing gesture with her hand, and then dropped the mug to the floor, where it shattered and spilled beer on Medoc's boots and pants. Then she snipped her fingers. The mug appeared in Kestrel's hand - unfortunately still broken, and this time spilling beer on Kestrel.
"Hmmm..." A frown appeared on her face as she looked at the mug, routinely ignoring Medoc's and Kestrel's outrage. "That didn't work as intended. Maybe..." She looked at Medoc, noticing the beer that had stained him was gone. "Ahh... I see. Let me try again." Without further warning, she grabbed Avatara's mug, with some difficulty holding it out of his reach while she made another little gesture with her hand, slightly different than the first one, and threw the mug at the wall. There it broke and spilled beer over the nearby patrons, who turned at her with determined if unpleasant expressions on their faces. "Ok, this had better work," she muttered to herself and snipped her fingers. The mug appeared in her hands, completely whole...but empty. She glanced at the wall - no beer. She studied the patrons, who looked slightly bewildered - no beer. She thought about this for some time, then shrugged and handed the empty mug back to Avatara. "I never liked the stuff anyway," she said, sitting back down.

------------------
Welcome to a world, where you always get the girl; you may lose a fight or two, but you'll win if you get through.
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

#109 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 July 2004 - 11:17 PM

"Gee, thanks." Avatara muttered dryly. The door swung open and a stranger in tattered clothes hurried inside, ordered a drink, and began telling a story with a mixture of fright and excitement in his eyes to some people that huddled around the newcomer in curiousity.

"Let me guess, a dragon?" Theo sighed.

"I guess we'd better go sort out this mess once and for all." Avatara rubbed his eyes and held his mug up upside down, hoping to catch some small drop that escaped Moonshadow's spell. He found none. "Well, since you emptied this for me, I'll go retire for the night." He stood up and clapped Kestrel on the back, "It was nice talking to you. Good luck on your journey." Turning to the others, he continued, "I'll see you in the morning; for those that wish to come, get packed, we'll leave mid-morning." With those final words, he headed to the back and upstairs to the tavern's rooms.

(Nixus, did you have something you wanted to squeeze in?)

------------------
"Its all fun and games until a rampaging robot destroys half of your city."
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#110 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:01 AM

Theo pondered a few...

Posted Image

Those poor fools upstairs, how do they ever sleep? And with that, he drifted off where he was sitting, perhaps even slightly eager to begin the events of the next day.

***OoC***
Heh, my 5 minute attempt at drawing an icon of Theo. I guess it came out semi-borderline acceptable. Maybe I'll put more work into it in the future.

------------------
     - MtG, "Temper"
The One And Only:
[url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/webboard/Forum5/HTML/000506.html"]~Theo Nean Donly~[/url]

[This message has been edited by Theo Nean Donly (edited 07-03-2004).]
     - Magic: the Gathering, "Temper"

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#111 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2004 - 03:56 PM

Talryn returned a few minutes later and hit Medoc in the head really hard, he then walked over to the drunk and hit him in the head too. Then he saw the imprint of the sword and pulled it out, and headed out to a well to clean his sword.

Talryn then spent the rest of the evening in a corner sharpening his sword.

(you can still do things just leave my char out of it until the journey begins.)

------------------
"Ahh, the signature, The One signature, TO RULE THEM ALL!" [url="http://"http://www.legendaryfrog.com/news.htm"]http://www.legendaryfrog.com/news.htm[/url]
old - new

iKaterei said:

#112 User is offline   Pippin 3 

• Pip

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:53 PM

Savara woke at midnight to find a thief walking out the door with her sword.
In lightning fast refleces she had him in a tight magical grip, "please dont hurt me" he choked "I wont kill you if you help me fid a black smith with a lot of adamatium and a powerful magician." Savara said gruffly "okay... i will do as you ask but can you please release me" he pleaded.
A few minites later Savara was leading a very sore thief out of her room.

------------------
we are born for darker purpose than that of mere existence,there will come a time when the stygian night never ends,where dead stars will spread before us like islands that slumber on the ocean, and when the beings that hid like shadows will feed on us forever
The sands of time trickle slowly. slowly spirralling down and our lives are but a grain.

#113 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:56 PM

Avatara squinted his eyes to dodge the harsh glare of the morning sun, filtering in as rays through his window. He hadn't gotten nearly as much sleep as he would have liked, but true to his word, he had to go hunt down and dispel some random myth today. With a sigh, he rolled out of bed and changed into a fresh set of clothes. Gathering a few items he thought might be of use, he stuffed a backpack and tightened the straps so it fit snugly against him. He pulled out two long cloth-wrapped objects and unravelled the rags holding them together. He held up his swords to the light, studying the arcane markings on each blade and making sure months of disuse hadn't tarnished the magic. Avatara stood, testing the familiar weight of each sword in his hands, remembering something from his past. A bird chirped, and he snapped out of his reverie. With a final inspection of the blades, he swung them up and tucked them into a custom-made sheath hidden against his back built into the backpack.

A quick scan around the room revealed everything had been stowed away, it was left just as he had entered it. Avatara glanced at Nixus' room, hoped she would be fine, then continued downstairs. He had left her a note explaining what was transpiring, in case she recovered and was eager to go walking north.

Upon entering the main tavern, Avatara found it oddly quiet, despite it being morning. All the heavy drunks were unconscious on some level, and either outside or lying silently on the floor. Most of the sensible other people had left, probably sleeping off last night's eagerness and loss of money before many of them would set up shop in the marketplace to buy more drink tonight. An endless cycle of self-destruction, but it was their choice and they were free to choose so.

Stepping outside into the sunlight, Avatara surveyed the few people who had volunteered to head up north with him to hunt down this mysterious "dragon".

"So, what now?" Theo yawned, apparently he hadn't gotten much rest either.

Avatara winked and replied, "Now, we go [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/webboard/Forum5/HTML/001568.html#"]dragon[/url] hunting."

(Nixus or anybody, if you have something you'd like to add during the night - feel free to do so flashback style)

------------------
"Its all fun and games until a rampaging robot destroys half of your city."

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 07-04-2004).]
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#114 User is offline   Nixus 

Posted 25 July 2004 - 03:27 AM

The sun was high above Cythera by the time Nixus awoke. She’d had an odd few days, and had needed catching up with her sleep. She rubbed her eyes. Something wasn’t right. She sat up in bed, looking around, but couldn’t quite figure out what was wrong. It was quiet…far more than usual. She slipped her feet out from under the covers, and her bare feet landed on the cold floor. Walking half asleep across the room, she noticed a piece of parchment by her door.
Upon reading the letter from Avatara, she sighed, scrunched up her eyes and wandered backward, falling onto her bed.
‘That’s so typical of you, Nixus,’ she said to herself. ‘You’ve always had the worst timing.’
She sat up and removed a piece of her own parchment and a black quill from her backpack.

Dear Avatara,

She had no idea what to say, and it ended up taking her the whole afternoon to finish her letter.

I hope that you returned well from your adventure in the north. I’m sorry that I didn’t get to say goodbye before you left. I’m really going to miss you, and everyone else. Give them all a hug goodbye for me, won’t you?

I suppose I owe you (and everyone else) an explanation.
I wasn’t born into an ordinary mage family. My father and mother were Emperor and Empress of Juninon, and I, their first born, was heir to their throne when they died. One day, when Salem and I were wandering in the forests of Juninon, we encountered a camp of barbarians. Being the violent, non-magic folk that they were, they attempted to kill both Salem and me, but I was fortunate enough to get away (and I’ll never forgive myself for doing so). Because I was already an outcast for my lack of magical ability, my village (and indeed all of my people) took to believing that I’d murdered my brother that day.

About a month after Salem’s death, the barbarians had all joined forces and stormed our village, burning everything in their path. My parents both stayed to fight, but they told me to run, so that if they were to die then I would be able to lead our people after them. The other mages believed that I’d brought the attack on our village, and they didn’t trust me to lead them.

A few days after my flight from my village, I found a night-elf encampment. They were all assassins, sworn against non-magic folk. They taught me everything they knew about the humans and so forth of our land. For quite some time, the non-magic folk had been bringing the magic folk down silently, all the while pretending that they were our allies. So I joined the elves, and they taught me to be an assassin, and I became the most wanted assassin in all of Esper Salam. I had assassinated well over 100 “noblemen”.

The humans caught a few of us once, when we were on a mission. We managed to escape, but they had seen me and knew who I was. They now thought that the mages had figured them out, and so waged full on war against them. My people blamed me for starting the war, and banished me from their land. They sent several mage assassins after me, all of which are now dead…One was my brother’s best friend, Francis.

So I ran. I lived in the forests on the outskirts of Esper Salam for a while, but I quickly had to move on to foreign lands. Zail and another elf, Ragan, stayed with me until I left Esper Salam. Ragan and I travelled to a village somewhere to the east of our home, but when I left there, he returned to Esper Salam.

I’ve travelled alone for a long time, fending off my assassins when I needed to, but now that I’ve finally gained the best magical abilities possible, I have the strength to defend my people and win back our land. I was meant to win this war, and I will. But, confident as I sound, you must realise I am going back to a completely war torn land…There is every chance that I will not live to see the end of it. I will make sure that word will be sent should I fall.
If I do survive, and my land is restored, I will return triumphant and crowned once again.

I’m sorry if I’ve been a burden to you, or to anyone else, and I want to thank you all for everything you’ve done for me. Farewell Avatara.

Until we next meet…

Nixus

------------------
When doubts arise the game begins

[This message has been edited by Nixus (edited 07-25-2004).]

#115 User is offline   Dark Jet 

• War Prince Son Goku
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2004 - 01:37 PM

Well since the tses are done for the moment, why not restart posting in the tavern?

The Adventures returned from their latest quest, Echoes of the Past, they were all tired. As they walked in, Thomas walked over to the bar and order a round for them, saying, "A round for the exhausted, victorious Adventures!" Other patrons rasied their glass, and a little party was started.

-Dark Jet
old - new

iKaterei said:

#116 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2004 - 08:55 AM

Selax had gone ahead of the group into the Tavern to listen for news. (He was planning to stay a little and then go back to the others.) On his way inside, he checked a calendar and realized what the day was. He paused in the entryway and said,"Merry Christmas, everyone."
Then he walked in and sat down in a corner. The small group inside the tavern quickly started getting ready for Christmas party.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#117 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2004 - 03:03 PM

Selax sat up and looked around. He had apparently dozed off, for the tavern was now empty. He got up and looked out the door. There didn't seem to be very many people outside either. Strange, he thought, Oh well, I suppose that someone will show up eventually.

Selax

#118 User is offline   Selor 

Posted 30 December 2004 - 09:33 PM

OOC hey everyone, i am quite new to these web boards though i have rped on web boards before, i know two of you very well, but i am not saying who, they will know

BIC: the door opened, the tavern fell silent as the man walked in.
He was wearing a black cloak, even though his hood was drawn you could tell that he was powerfull. he walked up to the bar and engaged the barkeeper in a question, though no one heard what was said they knew he didnt get what he wanted because he stormed out of the tavern and slammed the door behind him

OOD (again): this was my first post, i hope its not too bad as you can probably put together the man in the cloak's name is Selor...

#119 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:30 PM

*OoC*
Hello, Selor. It is always good to see somebody new. By the way, it would be convenient if you would post your character's info in the Character Info thread. Also, if you are interested in joining a TS, there should be one as soon as Desert Fox gets around to it.
*BiC*

Curious, thought Selax, as he watched the man in black storm out. The man was unfamilar to him, but that wasn't suprising, considering the fact that he hadn't been in Cythera since he had talked with Bahoudin at Catamarca. That had been the day of Chrysothemis's funeral, a short time (to Selax that is) ago. He walked up to the bartender.
"What did he want to know?" he asked, with a glance after the stranger.

Selax

#120 User is offline   The Wizard 

• Not a Junior Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:18 AM

While Selax still stood at the bar, the door opened and another figure dressed in black entered. He walked directly to Selax and interrupted the low conversation that he was having with the bartender.

"Sorry to cut in, but I thought I should explain." It was Wizard, or at least it seemed to be. "As you well know, my friend, the capabilities of a telepath can be great. Thus, I am certain that you have already concluded that I am an illusion. When I last saw you, you were departing our company for a while for a brief break and some recovery. I know that I refused to go then, but not much is going on with the group currently. Therefore, I have decided to send an illusion to keep my good friend company. You will be in direct communication to Wizard through me."
Wizard

#121 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:43 PM

Selax leaned back against the wall. Desert Fox hadn't shown up yet, but from what Avatara had told him that wasn't unusual. Still, something wasn't right and he was worried. Perhaps, he should start back to the mountains immediately. Eventually, he decided to stay where he was for New Year's and then head back shortly afterwards.

Selax

#122 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:39 PM

Selax looked around and asked,"Where is everyone?"

Selax

#123 User is offline   Half Truth 

• PipPip

Posted 07 January 2005 - 01:29 AM

The tavern door opened, a figure with a long black cape walked in scilently over to a table in the far corner, it was almost dark outside and the tavern was buzzing with activity.
Half Truth

#124 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:49 AM

Later, the tavern was again quiet. Selax was still standing by the wall, deep in thought.

Selax

#125 User is offline   Selax 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:57 PM

As Selax looked around the Tavern appeared completely deserted.

Selax

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users