Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Alraeican Tavern - part VI - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Alraeican Tavern - part VI

#1 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 July 2002 - 02:44 PM

And so, once again, we come to the beginning of a new era: The Alraeican Tavern Part VI! Drink up, be merry, and make yourselves at home.

------------------
The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#2 User is offline   Sephiroth 

Posted 15 July 2002 - 03:41 PM

*OoC* yea im the first post*BiC*

After many months of tracking the mage Sephiroth and Ariano return to the tavern and greet Hamster. "the mage had stolen your shape-shifting essance, he had no clue as to how to use it so he kept it stored in this diamond when you touch it you will be able to change shapes again," Ariano said as he gave Hamster the diamond,"now we require our payment." he added sternly

------------------
Mac is just perfect spelled wrong

#3 User is offline   Hamster 

• (,,#゚Д゚)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2002 - 04:12 PM

Eyes bulging, hamster looks admiringly up at Sephiroth and Ariano.
"I am amazed at the speed of your mission... I don't know what to say... My shifting power is worth more than money to me."
Saying this, Hamster removes his money scatchel and hands it to Sephiroth.
"Don't withdraw everything at once, you might drown."
Hamster motions for Sephiroth and Ariano to bend down so he can whisper something in their ears.
"My PIN number is...[whispered numbers]. All you have to do is state the number, and the amount to be withdrawn, like this."
Hamster holds the scatchel, mutters something, and 1 obloi appears in Ariano's hand.
"Once again, thank you."
Hamster holds the diamond, mutters incantations, and is enveloped by swirling forms. Out of the forms steps a young, sprightly boy, covered in a grey elven cloak.
"Let me buy you some drinks."
"But you gave us all your money."
"Did I say that?"
Rochilm, for that was his name, pulls out a larger version of the scatchel he previously wore, and takes out several obloi.
"Not as magical, just a regular scatchel. I had it on me when I shifted to the Hamster, it contains my assasin payment, and then some."
Rochilm, Sephiroth, and Ariano sit down, and have some drinks.

------------------
Brown, silently
stalking, the hamster
pounces, rips the
peanut into kibbles.

#4 User is offline   Mr. Somebody 

• The Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2002 - 10:29 PM

Eroldur, a freemage, and believed to be a distant relative or friend of Larc and Martel, enters. "I'll have a round of drinks, please." The man is stern, and seemingly emotionless. His eyes are a stormy, ice blue and his hair is so blond that it is almost white. He wears a cloak and carries only a pouch and dagger. He obviously is depending on magic to defend himself.
"Very well. Will you have a room, sir?"
"No, thank you. I am just passing through." Sephiroth turns to him.
"Are you a new judge?"
"No, I am a freemage, and I will be studying ancient runes in the mountains beyond Land King Hall."
"So you specialize in runes?"
"Yes."

*That was my first post in the Tavern ever. Was it ok?*

------------------
"I have a personal life, y'know! I just don't use it."
The Shadow is coming to Nova...
"Just the thought of a rap version of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony or 'Achy, Breaky Heart' is bound to make people smile." -Justice Anthony Kennedy, Campbell v. Acuff (2005)

"Haul your ass, Harry, but haul it slowly, or you'll sink the damn boat." -George Washington

Barbarian Films

#5 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 July 2002 - 05:07 PM

Avatara goes up to the counter and asks Talos for a piece of paper. Confused, Talos hands him a scrap piece nonetheless. Avatara jots down a number onto it.

"There, this PIN number might come in handy..."

------------------
"Next time you want a revelation, could you chose a method that is perhaps less uncomfortable?"
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#6 User is offline   Hamster 

• (,,#゚Д゚)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2002 - 12:11 PM

Originally posted by Avatara:
Avatara goes up to the counter and asks Talos for a piece of paper. Confused, Talos hands him a scrap piece nonetheless. Avatara jots down a number onto it.

"There, this PIN number might come in handy..."

Rochilm, sitting at the bar, very, very quietly burns the small piece of paper. He returs his gaze to his drink, which erupts into flame and explodes.
"Ah, I can pay for that,"
He slides the bartender a small amount of obloi.
"Could I get another one of those? I was really enjoying it, until it blew up. Posted Image"

------------------
Well I'm dead now...

#7 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2002 - 12:37 PM

"Hey! Are you going to pay for your drink? These things cost money you know!" The bartender yelled at Rochilm, who seemed stunned. Didn't he just...but the "oboloi" he had put on the counter were gone. He looked around frantically, and noticed his belt pouch was lighter.

"You're right, this will compensate nicely." Avatara spoke silently as he fused the last of the objects in his hand into his new table cover. Smiling, he leaned back, revealing a shining table impervious to spilled drinks and stains, yet also quite durable. A table that seemed to be an odd color, as if it was some type of metal...

------------------
"Next time you want a revelation, could you chose a method that is perhaps less uncomfortable?"
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#8 User is offline   Mr. Somebody 

• The Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2002 - 04:54 PM

A ruffian who lives with a covert operation near to where Eroldur is heading has been assigned to assasinate Eroldur so that they may remain secret. As Eroldur begins to pack up, the ruffian frames Eroldur of knocking him over. "Oh! Sorry, uh, sir." The ruffian gets up and punches Eroldur. Eroldur falls back and groans. The ruffian pulls out a sword and is apparently going to kill Eroldur, so he pulls out his dagger and parrys the blow. The dagger shatters with the force of the blow, the dagger was pretty weak anyway, and Eroldur scrambles to his feet. The ruffian chuckles and starts lunging at Eroldur. He escapes out the window, and the ruffian tries to follow, but he slams to a stop. Eroldur had put a rune of blocking over the window. He dispels it and drags the unconcious ruffian outside, never to be seen again. Eroldur enters again and asks the bartender for a drink and a room.

------------------
"To listen, one must be silent." -Ogion, A Wizard of Earthsea
"Just the thought of a rap version of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony or 'Achy, Breaky Heart' is bound to make people smile." -Justice Anthony Kennedy, Campbell v. Acuff (2005)

"Haul your ass, Harry, but haul it slowly, or you'll sink the damn boat." -George Washington

Barbarian Films

#9 User is offline   EmuHunter25 

Posted 17 July 2002 - 08:54 PM

"Why must these things always happen? Even in a place like this, where hundereds of evildoer's demise has begun they still manage to get in. It is as if they are robots tryi-" "What are robots?" Sephiroth asked. "Another rant, another time. Anyway, I propose that we flush out them. You know, miraculously survive impossible odds, escape from amazingly improbable ambush's, kill the villian who turns out to be a pipsqueak and get the babe. You all in?"

------------------
Oh, you fools! Are you to ignorant to see the pattern? Your whole history makes sense only by positing the four most far-fetched twistings and contradiction to human nature! Could any race be so suicidal and have survived so long? From the Merrimac to Skylab in one century? The pace of progress yanks you ahead faster than you can run. Do you not notice!?
-Rashka
www.macboy.com/cartoons/switch/gates/index.html Bill Gates Switch.
Live

#10 User is offline   Mr. Somebody 

• The Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2002 - 04:12 PM

"I'm in!" Eroldur replies. "I'm not too keen on being killed. Besides, you might need my runes."

------------------
"To listen, one must be silent." -Ogion, A Wizard of Earthsea

Barbarian Films

#11 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2002 - 04:20 PM

"What the...someone put a window on the tavern over the storeroom..."

------------------

#12 User is offline   SoySauce 

• dream a little dream
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2002 - 01:48 AM

SoySauce stumbles in.
"I come from the land of the EV: Nova forum, seeking a bar that doesnt get 20 new posts every 15 minutes...uurrrgg....."

------------------
"I'll admit it, I was never good with people. Even as a child, my imaginary friend would go to play with the kid down the street."
[url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/soysauce2242"]House of Soy (My Homepage, duh)[/url]
"I could die tomorrow, but then I wouldn't get to wear my polka-dot shoes"

#13 User is offline   Overmind 

Posted 19 July 2002 - 02:00 AM

Lucas glanced up at the newcomer. "Ah, space travel," he said. "I remember days when I did a lot of that." He scowled at Soysauce, and absentmindedly crushed the metal tankard he was holding in his left (prosthetic) hand. "Now, don't ever remind me of that again!"

"Calm down, my friend," the Scribe said soothingly, and the grey-haired former Major of the Colonial Marines subsided back into his dark musings.

------------------
I will classify my lieutenants in three categories: untrusted, trusted, and completely trusted. Promotion to the third category will be awarded posthumously.

[This message has been edited by Overmind (edited 07-19-2002).]
I will classify my lieutenants in three categories: untrusted, trusted, and completely trusted. Promotion to the third category will be awarded posthumously.

#14 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2002 - 11:31 PM

"Hmm...space travel. You wouldn't have happened to bring a ship with you, would you?"

------------------
"I hate that! Your answers are always short, precise, and utterly useless!"
"Yes."

#15 User is offline   Hamster 

• (,,#゚Д゚)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2002 - 11:51 AM

Originally posted by SoySauce:
SoySauce stumbles in.
"I come from the land of the EV: Nova forum, seeking a bar that doesnt get 20 new posts every 15 minutes...uurrrgg....."

Rochilm runs away to the land of EV NOVA, where he turns back into the mess of mechanical arms and legs.

"WHEEE! LOTSAPOSTS!"

------------------
If you attack this, I can securely say, that you are insecure. :P

#16 User is offline   SoySauce 

• dream a little dream
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2002 - 07:29 PM

Originally posted by Avatara:
"Hmm...space travel. You wouldn't have happened to bring a ship with you, would you?"

"Hrm... lemme check"
*SoySauce trips and falls to the ground as he steps outside.*
"Stupid door," he mumbles as he steps up, brushing the dust off his jacket.
*SoySauce notices his old, busted Valkery parked outside.*
"Yep, there she is. But, I plan to leave her out there untill I have a use for her."

------------------
"I'll admit it, I was never good with people. Even as a child, my imaginary friend would go to play with the kid down the street."
[url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/soysauce2242"]House of Soy (My Homepage, duh)[/url]
"I could die tomorrow, but then I wouldn't get to wear my polka-dot shoes"

#17 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2002 - 03:16 PM

SoySauce settles back into his chair and continues his drink, when he nearly chokes on the liquid as an all-too-familliar whirring comes from outside.

"That's my ship!" he cried as he raced out the door, or tried to, rather he tripped on the frame and went sprawling out the door.

"You really don't expect me to let you have all the fun, do you?" Avatara calls down as the Valkery soars into the sky, sputters, and vanishes off somewhere to the east in a blazing ball of fire.

------------------
"Yes."

#18 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2002 - 02:58 PM

Needless to say, most of the bar's regular patrons were rather confused by this whole sequence. They had never heard, seen or imagined of things as varied as space travel, electronics, or Pink Floyd.

Actually, perhaps rather than 'confused' a better word would be 'scared out of their wits.' Not helping was the fact that a spark from the beat-up Valkyrie's engines had lit the tavern on fire. Although Talos may have been able to have dumped some water on the blaze before it spread, some nearby drunks had decided to help by spilling their alchohol on it. Needless to say, this was a boon for the fire, but not quite as helpful for everyone else as the well-meaning drunks had intended.

"Get out! Everyone get out of the bar!" Talos could barely be heard over the yells of a large number of people who were trapped in a relatively small place, first scared stiff by the odd sights and now scared stiff by the fact that their chairs were on fire. Meanwhile, Talos watched in horror as his once-merry place of business began to burn to the ground.

------------------
Bronze: the other gold metal.   | |   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

[This message has been edited by Talos (edited 07-26-2002).]
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#19 User is offline   Overmind 

Posted 26 July 2002 - 06:14 PM

Brianna grabbed her beloved bow from beneath the counter, and bounded over to the Scribe's table. Once she'd arrived, the elderly elf turned to face the wall and calmly waved his staff in its direction. A gaping hole suddenly appeared, accompanied by a large bang, a flash of light, and the sound of timber falling to the ground several hundred yards away. He quickly led his companions out through the new door.

As he stepped through the hole, Lucas glanced back over his shoulder. He found it most interesting that the flames seemed to be avoiding all of the luminous planks and beams, consuming only those parts of the structure that consisted of ordinary wood.

------------------

#20 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2002 - 06:32 PM

Yet through it all, the oboloi-covered table remained untouched...

------------------
"Yes."

#21 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2002 - 03:47 PM

"Come on, now! Isn't anyone going to do anything?" Talos yelled. "Isn't this some sort of beloved, time-honored institution?"

At this line, all the screaming and yelling and clawing stopped, as everyone in the bar raised an eyebrow at their bartender.

------------------
Bronze: the other gold metal.   | |   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...

#22 User is offline   Overmind 

Posted 11 August 2002 - 01:12 AM

The Scribe leaned on his staff, looking curiously this way and that, one eyebrow raised in speculation. "Hasn't anybody on this island thought of inventing the Fire Brigade?"

"Apparently not," Lucas replied, wryly.

The Scribe peered back into the tavern through the hole in the wall, by which they'd made their exit, at the milling confusion going on inside.

"Oh, this is ridiculous!" He raised his staff high above his head.

Lucas was hard put to describe what happened next; it was as if the Scribe somehow grew, became larger than himself - remaining all the while no more than his usual five feet in height.

"Spenna!" The old elf suddenly cried, in a voice that seemed to come from every side at once, like echoes of a word never that was never spoken. Lucas was rather surprised to see a cloud forming - inside the tavern!

"Meord!" A fine, mist-like rain decended from the cloud, dampening the wood and dousing several of the smaller fires. "Hir-lanta!" The mist turned into a sudden torrential downpour. The last of the flames flickered and died, except for a few patches of flaming alcohol floating in the puddles that formed on the floor, which went out one by one as their fuel was exhausted.

The Scribe seemed to regather himself, diminishing, becoming once again the stooped old elf Lucas knew so well.

"Wow," the former space-marine muttered. "I don't know if I'll ever get used to this 'magic' stuff."

------------------

[This message has been edited by Overmind (edited 08-11-2002).]

#23 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2002 - 02:01 PM

Avatara staggered up, dust and ash evident on his face and clothes. Seeing Talos, he sidled over. "So, what did I miss?" he grinned.

------------------
"Yes."

#24 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2002 - 08:38 PM

Moonshadow looked at the ruined Tavern, then at Avatara. "Nothing out of the ordinary... some idiot managed to burn down most of the tavern." She shrugged. "Somebody should probably do something about it."
"Right." Talos nodded. A few moments passed without anyone saying a word. Then, seeing how neither Avatara nor the elf were going to act, he added, with greater emphasis. "Now."
Sighing, Moonshadow took a step forward, turning to the crowd of people who had gathered around to watch the burning Tavern. "Ok, people, stop staring, start helping. We need wood - heck, why use wood? Can't we use stone? At least it won't burn down... well, whatever materials are at hand; and we need volunteers, too."

------------------
Ich weiß wohl, ich bin nur ein Träumer, der vielleicht eines Morgens erwacht. Doch ich spotte dem Tag und ich folge dem Stern und ich lass mich entführen in die Nacht...
- Silk & Lute
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

#25 User is offline   Overmind 

Posted 16 August 2002 - 02:50 AM

"Yes, ma'am!" Lucas smiled paternally at Moonshadow, flipped her a jaunty salute, then turned to Flynn. "Come on, boy, there's work to be done!" Side by side, they began attacking the planks and beams that were too badly burned to be trustworthy.

Their techniques were totally different, yet both were effective. Flynn operated almost surgically, using the Ruby Fang to burn through and cut away the damaged wood, leaving room for fresh planks to be nailed in the gaps that were left. Lucas, on the other hand, made good use of his artificial hand. He punched through a board, took a firm hold on what was left, and simply pulled it away with a sound like - well, like smashing timber.

The Scribe, feeling that he'd done his part, calmly sat down at his accustomed table, which was miraculously unscathed by the flames. Brianna gradually worked her way nearer, weilding a mop and bucket.

"You just had to make it rain," she snapped grumpily, when she was close by. "You could have made a wind to blow it out, but nooo, you just had to make this mess for me to clean up!"

The Scribe peered at her over the top of his glasses. "Dear girl, a wind that strong would likely have blown the whole building away, to say nothing of, perhaps, fanning the flames and making things worse! I saved your employer's place of business, you might at least say 'thank you'."

Brianna looked suitably abashed. "I'm sorry, grandfather; but you know I hate mopping floors!"

Sideline slipped into the shadows, and began to make a stealthy exit.

"And where do you think you're going?" said a chill voice behind him.

Sideline grimaced, glanced longingly at the exit, then regretfully turned to face the winter elf.

"Uh, nowhere?"

"Abolutely right!" Moonshadow declared. "You can start looking for wood, nails, tools, anything to help out. You're good at 'acquiring' things, hop to it."

Sideline was about to protest that he wasn't that sort of rogue, but he would have been talking to Moonshadow's back. She was already off on the warpath, looking for someone else to pressgang into repair duty.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Overmind (edited 08-16-2002).]

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users