Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Alraeican Tavern - part VI - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Alraeican Tavern - part VI

#51 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 October 2002 - 05:03 PM

Talos agrees to play a quick game against Rogan, and in a fit of surprising generosity hands Rogan a warm mug. Rogan, without thinking, empties the mug and continues playing. Too late, he realizes that it was a trick, managing only a "Curse you!" before passing out off his barstool dead drunk.

"Good game," Talos replies.

------------------
Bronze: the other gold metal.   | |   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#52 User is offline   Overmind 

Posted 07 October 2002 - 06:32 PM

Originally posted by dusk:
[OoC] I would have used the blue light that Overmind mentioned, but i think Cache might have something planned for it [BiC]

***OoC*** I didn't especially, certainly nothing that wasn't flexible. Good start, though; welcome to the board Posted Image ***BiC***

Flynn, Lucas and Salazar stood at the bottom of the ancient stairway, staring at a large, shimmering blue sphere. They'd found themselves in a small, squarish cavern with walls about five metres long. There were no visible exits except up.

"What is it?" Salazar asked, puzzled.

"I'd say it was a portal," Flynn replied. "Although I've never seen a blue one, before."

"Do we go through?" Salazar sounded distinctly uncertain.

"We've come this far," Lucas responded, "it'd be a shame to back out now."

Flynn nodded. "I agree. What about you, Salazar?"

Salazar shrugged. "Might as well."

Flynn stepped toward the sphere, but Lucas took hold of his arm and stopped him. "Time for a little caution, son; we have no idea what's on the other side. Better let me go first, I've had a bit of experience walking into unexpected situations."

Flynn nodded, allowing the ex-marine to precede him. Taking Lucas' warning to heart, he drew one of his three swords. "Need to borrow one, Salazar?"

"No thanks. I wouldn't know what to do with it."

The small team steeled themselves, hopefully ready for anything. One by one, in quick succession, they leaped through the portal.

------------------
I will classify my lieutenants in three categories: untrusted, trusted, and completely trusted. Promotion to the third category will be awarded posthumously.
I will classify my lieutenants in three categories: untrusted, trusted, and completely trusted. Promotion to the third category will be awarded posthumously.

#53 User is offline   dusk 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2002 - 03:20 AM

[OoC] Is there somewhere I can describe Dusk and all his equipment and history etc? For the moment I won't bothered, but I'd like to [BiC]

Dusk helped the still groggy Rogan off the floor a few minutes later.
"One more bowl" Dusk lifted the spoon up to Rogans mouth, who pursed his lips and shook his head defiantly.
"No, honestly I can't eat any more raw coffee beans, I swear I'm sober. Why'da ya wake me up? I was having quite a nice dream"
Dusk looked anxiously at Rogan, a glint in his eye. Oh, he was sure Rogan needed more coffee, he gave up his hopes and replaced the bowl.
"Ok, simple question, who is that? And what is she worried about?"
Rogan sighed with exasperation "You woke me up for that? SHE-" he pointed an accusing finger at Moonshadow "-is called Moonshadow, and if you wanna find out what's wrong, ask her yourself" Rogan slumped, and ordered another drink from Talos, hoping to return to his dream.
----------
"Good evening, um, madam" Dusk tipped his hat and joined Moonshadow, who gripped a mug with white nuckles.
"Uhh.... What's troubling you?" Moonshadow turned, almost ashamed that she would be seen worried.
"My husb- A man I know went down a hole in the floor, I'm rather worried about it"
Dusk made a quick decision. Get to know people, Talos had said, now would be the right time to be a gentlemen. "Would it ease your mind if I was to go and see if he was ok?"
Moonshadow shot a dirty look at Dusk "HA! If I could get down there, I would do it myself! Don't think that I'm weak just becuase I'm a lady, because I'll beat you at archery any day"
Dusk recoiled a little, tipped his hat once again and withdrew "Sorry madam, I just thought I could help"
Moonshadow stared at him. She has golden eyes! Dusk was amazed, golden, like those of a cat. Very noble and intelligent. "What're you staring at, huh?"
Dusk shook himself "Sorry, it's just... Your eyes are so... beautiful. I've never seen a human with golden eyes, sorry"
Moonshadow laughed "You're yet to see a human with golden eyes. I am an Elf"
"I'm sorry, my past self did not tell me of any.. Elves?" Dusk paused, continuing after Moonshadows confirming nod at the correct collective term "Yes, he did not mention any Elves, I presume they are another race? Much like the humans in appearance, as I can obviously see"
Moonshadow nodded, sipping the contents of her mug gingerly.
"So... uh..."
"I'm Moonshadow" Moonshadow added helpfully
"So Moonshadow, where do you come from? And what do you do for a crust here in Cythera? More impotantly, if you'll excuse my egocentricity, (ohh, I love that word! Posted Image) where can I get a job? As you can see I'm rather new to Cythera, and am desperatly in need of some money... uhh... oboli's?"
Moonshadow nodded, finished her drink "I suggest you go and see King Alaric, he could probably help you find your feet now that Cythera isn't under threat"
Dusk nodded graciously "I would go, yet I do not know the way. Can anyone... show me?"

[OoC] Yuk! Sorry, bit of a stale post, I'll try for better next time [BiC]

------------------
I am but a shadow

[This message has been edited by dusk (edited 10-08-2002).]

[This message has been edited by dusk (edited 10-08-2002).]
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..."

#54 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• lift your skinny fists like antennas in germany
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2002 - 07:20 AM

Ferazel walks into the bar and shouts, "I knew a blonde who was so stupid, she bribed a blacksmith 200 oboloi for an 80 oboloi dagger!" It was followed by laughter, mostly from the drunks. Slightly disappointed, Ferazel sat down at an empty table and ordered a glass of Northshore Red.

------------------
Key Part in the making of [url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/mdwgmalc"]Xichra's Revenge[/url].
---
"Yo ho ho and a bottle of Snapple! Cap't and his Pirate Crew!
Microsoft is better than Apple! I have more software than you!"
<repeat>
And we're never gonna tour again.

#55 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2002 - 10:03 AM

[ooc]Dusk: You can post info about your character in the topic called "Character info"[bic]

Rogan got up from the chair, collected his cards and change and walked up to Moonshadow and Dusk. "I can show you the way to LandKing Hall if you wish," he said, "I have some things to deal with over there myself".
Dusk was about to answer when Rogan interrupted, "Don't worry, seriously I'm quite sober".

------------------
Some people say war doesn't solve anything... perhaps they're using the wrong strategy...
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#56 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2002 - 11:07 AM

*Sorry, just had to go OoC*

Originally posted by Overmind:

"I'd say it was a portal,"...

*Theo rolls on the floor laughing his behind off out loud*

Originally posted by Rogan:

"Of course," Avatara smiled, "that's how I met you and Jack Frost".

Wow, I didn't even remember he was in that story...guess I'll have to un-delete his character info Posted Image

*Back In*

"Well, I guess it's time to be fully here." The robed figure of a frowning old man materializes right beside Dusk's elbow. "Never seen a human with gold eyes? Bah, elves aren't anything special. Take Moonshadow here," but he couldn't hold the facade and broke into a grin. "Theo, awaiting your service. I have just the position for you: beaker squeaker. See, I have to find someone to clean my equipment, and using magic only makes them dirty again," Theo says as his grin grows. "Besides, Alaric has a nack of, uh, people wanting to kill him."

------------------
"And so it goes, and so it goes;
And your the only one who knows" -[can't remember]
The One And Only:
~Theo Nean Donly~
"I don't need a plan, just a goal. The rest will follow on its own"
     - Magic: the Gathering, "Temper"

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#57 User is offline   dusk 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2002 - 05:17 PM

"HA! Cleaning your equipment? Well, it is a job I suppose... I'll wait to see what Alaric offers" Rogan smiled at Theo's over acted moan of disbelief.
"So, we are off! To see the King! Thanks for this Rogan, and whoever else wants to come... Moonshadow? Theo?"
Moonshadow shook her head gently "I'm going to wait here"
"Theo?" Dusk looked questioningly at Theo
"Wellll... Oh alright Beaker Squeaker! Let's go, come on, havn't got all day you know"
And so off set Dusk, Rogan and Theo on a journey to the Land King Hall.
----------
Outside the friendly, warm bar the Cytherian night was falling. Odd chirps and buzzes could be heard, and the air smelt of moist leaves.
"Are there any dangers we should be aware of? Like... Animals or something?" Dusk drew out his hilt, gripping it tightly. He didn't extend the blade, but he was certainly ready.
Rogan nodded, he too drawing a (Sword? Mace? Axe? What do you use Rogan?)
"Ruffians are the main threat"

[ooc] argh, i'll finish this post later [bic]

------------------
I am but a shadow
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..."

#58 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2002 - 06:53 PM

A noise from the shrubbery at the roadside startled Dusk and his companions. Dusk whirled around, gripping his sword handle. But instead of an animal or a ruffian, a tall figure stumbled out of the bushes.

In the swiftly fading light, Dusk could see that it was a blue-skinned female. Her ears were long and pointed, like Moonshadow's had been, but a black hooded cloak disguised most of her other features.

Brandishing a short dagger, the girl stumbled up to Dusk and waved the blade in his face threateningly. "Aah, a newcomer, eh? What's your name?" She was grinning maniacally.

"Uh, I'm Dusk," he said, bemused. "Who are you? And are you an...what was it, an elf?"

"Name's Katerei." The grin didn't fade as she withdrew the dagger. Katerei leaned on Dusk's shoulder, gasping for breath between laughing."Not an elf, no, never an elf, never will be! I'm an Elemence. Don't ask. Well, have a good morning, eh? I'm off. Have a nice Midsummer's!" She stumbled off drunkenly, laughing uproariously.

Dusk looked after the retreating figure uncertainly, then turned to Rogan and Theo. "What's she talking about? It's not Midsummer's Eve."

Rogan chuckled. "She's probably drunk. Of all people...well, hope she has fun doing it."

The door to the Alraeican Tavern banged open and Katerei half fell, half walked inside. A gust of wind howled inside, and several patrons winced at the freezing air. "Shut the door!" somebody hollered.

Katerei kicked the door shut and weaved drunkenly over to Ferazel's table. She collapsed in the chair next to him, laughing like a maniac. "Hi, Fer! Having a nice Midsummer's?!"

[OoC] I realized Katerei's never been drunk before. Muahahaha. [BiC]

------------------
The stars will fade and flowers will eventually die, but eloquence shall never fail to blossom on the tongues of the gifted.

#59 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2002 - 10:02 PM

Ferazel smiled rater weakly. "Hi Katerei." he said, "I'll be right back." Ferazel then walked over to Talos. "No more drinks for Katerei, ok?" he said, slipping him a few oboloi. He returned to the table to find that she had passed out and was slumped over the table. Ferazel sighed and sat back down.

------------------
Key Part in the making of [url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/mdwgmalc"]Xichra's Revenge[/url].
---
<repeat>

#60 User is offline   Overmind 

Posted 09 October 2002 - 12:25 AM

Brianna, carrying a tray of drinks, stopped by Ferazel's and Katerei's table. Other than raising her eyebrow briefly, she made no comment over Katerei's condition. "Is there anything I can get you?"

Katerei's head came up, and she raised a finger in the air. Her eyes were glazed. "I'll have a Northshore Red."

Brianna raised both eyebrows this time. "I think you've had enough," she said, forestalling Ferazel's protest. Katerei looked disappointed, and slumped back onto the table.

------------------

#61 User is offline   dusk 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2002 - 02:26 AM

[ooc] I keep posting, then running out of time to finish, very anoying I can asure you! [bic]

It was quite late now, at least nine o'clock. The three travelers had been walking for roughly three hours before they saw the distant flickering torch light of Odemia, home of house Nicander.
Dusk's hilt at long since been placed back under his arm, the threat of attack fairly remote. Conversation meandered from fine wines to politics, history and magic. Rogan had just been explaining to Dusk the house system in Cythera.
"It's a fairly reliable system, that's for sure. A single corrupt house can not usually affect things too greatly"
Dusk listened intently, making the occasional comment, nodding empathically "I'm intriuged by the politics of Cythera, as I have no knowledge of my previous worlds government. My past self did not stay for long enough to explain everything to me, only long enough to give me the basics. A shame really, I would have loved to know more about where I came from"
Theo pointed to the glimmering lights, obvioulsy atop a wall. "Odemia, home of house Nicander. Here we should sleep for the night"
Dusk shook his head and grinned "No rest for the wicked! Well, not untill I've had another of those fine ales"
Rogan spoke up as they approached the small city "I doubt you'll find a nicer ale anywhere, the Alraeican Tavern serves only the finest, but you may be able to get a spot of white. I hear the Titans head stocks quite nice whites, from the Southland vineyards infact"

"Halt! Who goes there?" The arrow slit spoke as the company drew close.
Theo pulled back his hood "It is I! Theo of Cythera! Guardian of the weak! Defender of the innocent!"
Dusk snorted, Rogan just smiled and pushed Theo out of the way "We are travelling to the Land King Hall, and wish to stay here for the night"
There was a silence.
The arrow slit grunted a little "Who's the other one? I don't recgocnise the clothes"
Dusk stepped forward, sensing his time of quite was over "I am called Dusk, I am new in Cythera and head for the Land King Hall in search of help and advice from King Alaric"
The arrow slit grunted again, and the portcullis obligingly slide open.
----------
"Crito? How much for rooms for the three of us? For the night?" Rogan motioned Theo and Dusk, who sat at the bar gingerly sipping the Southland white, fine as it was, Dusk had no stomach for delacacies (sp?), something he had aquired from his past life.
"It'l be about... awww... thirty obols? I do really ask very little for my fin-" Rogan turned away before he could finish, joining the others.
"He's asking for 30 obols, now I know you don't have anything Dusk, so I'll chip in for you, Theo?"
Theo chucked him ten obols without a word.
"Thanks for this Rogan, I'll pay you back, promise!" Dusks voice was earnest. Rogan waved it away saying "It's only ten obols, I've got plenty"
Minutes later Crito was exaclty thirty obols richer, and minutes later the compnay had three rooms at their disposal.

"So, Dusk" Theo began "I over heard your conversation with Moonshadow, but didn't quite catch all you and Rogan said. And your helmet and cloak are very... different, to say the least"
Dusk took off his helmet and cloak and retold all that he said to Rogan, finish once again with his hilt revealing its deadly secret.

After a nice evening talking and drinking, the small band retired for the night, the small rooms feeling (instead of cramped, or uncomfortable like they should have) cosy and safe. Dusk snuggled under the blankets, quite pleased with his progress so far. Half way to the Land King Hall, friends accompanying him. What more could he ask for?

Although Dusk was content, an odd thought nagged at the back of his mind, something his past self had said to him "You must find it! Our world was recked, don't let this one be destroyed in a similar way, it is up to you now. I am no more, you simply inherit my body and soul, my personality, but not my memories. Find it"

------------------
I am but a shadow

#62 User is offline   dusk 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2002 - 02:49 AM

[ooc] Sorry for this, the Cythera webboards seem to be moving so incredibly slowly. I've got all this time on my hands and no one is posting! So, I'll continue to post with myself 'till some one else joins in [bic]

The sun peeped eagerly through the wooden shutters that had flapped open slightly during the night. This woke Dusk gently, who lay still for at least another half an hour, enjoying the warm light and rough blanket. He lay thinking over his dreams, all he had done so far in this new world. Cythera. The very name enchanted him, filling him with rapture at the thought of a new life. No more trenches, no more... bullets or bombs.
Eventually Dusks hunger overcame his pleasure, forcing him to rise stifly. Padding bare footed down the corridor he noticed Rogans door was open, obvioulsy airing the empty room.

In the main room of the bar sevral people sat, enjoying the same sun as Dusk.
He spied Rogan in a corner, sipping a brown liquid tentivly from a cup, eggs and bacon spread on the simple plate infront of him.
"Drinking already I see Rogan?" Dusk sat down and waited for Crito to notice him.
Rogan shook his head and drained the mug "It's coffee, you know? Wake me up it will" Rogan now started on his eggs.
Crito stood behind the unused chair "What would you like today?"
Dusk comtemplated his appetite, but he knew the response "Type F sir, with the orange juice, sir"
Rogan looked up, surpised. Crito shifted uncomfortably.
"I mean... can I have some rice? Please?" Crito nodded, relived the uncomfortable moment had passed.
When the inn keeper was out of site Rogan whispered nervously "What was all that about? You don't have to call him sir!"
"I don't know, I honestly don't know. Probably something from... from my old life perhaps" dusk shook his head in an attempted to clear himslef of the memories.

He was standing in a line of about forty men, earthen walls on either side. The floor was just one big puddle of muddy water. Roughly twenty metres away an odd patch of colours swirled around, seemingly stuck to the side. The line of men gave this a wide berth as if it was poisen.
An disgusted putrid smell penetrated Dusks nostrils, one of rotting meat and chlorine. The man infront of him moved, revealing the reason for hte line up. Food. A young man stood next to the large stacks of ration packs.
"Well, what ya want soldier?"
Dusk replied without thought "Type F sir, with the orange juice, sir"

"Dusk? Dusk?" Rogan shook his arm and pointed to the bowl of steaming plain white rice. Dusk apologised and ate his breakfast hungrily, all thoughts off happyiness and peace washed from his mind.
Theo emerged yawning from the bedrooms. He wiped sleep from his eyes and joined the others, frowning at the blank looks of his companions. Theo muttered something under his breath and waved Crito over, ordering the same as Rogan.
----------
Breakfast had ended and the small group had since taken to the road. Rogan lead the way, Dusk in the middle and Theo behind, still chewing on his bacon.
The sun shone with, at first gentleness, now ferocious heat.

There was a rustle in the bushes. Dusk paid no heed to the noise and kept on walking with determination.
Suddenly a trio of dagger wielding ruffians leapt at Theo, knocking him over. Rogan already had his sword out and the bio-blade swiped through the air, slicing two of the attackers arms. The wounds immediatly pused and swelled, festering. Yellow and black smile dripped from the wounds as the ruffians sailed through the air, still using the momento from their original leap. One simply crumpled to the ground with stomach turning noises. The other managed to stagger off the road and he too collapsed.
Dusk turned around, searching for the last attacker. Rogan was wiping his sword clean while the recovered Theo pushed the third dead man of the road.
"You sword didn't strike any critical blow, what manner of blade is it that can turn a meager gash into an infected and soon deadly wound?"
The blade crackled back into the dull hilt, and Dusk grimaced "It isn't usually that deadly at all, I must've struck a blood vien, causing the poisen to spread like a river. That's the first time the poisen has killed anyone so quickly"
Theo shook his robes clean of dust and Rogan sheathed his sword. "We'll reach the Landking hall by noon if we start now"
Dusk nodded, he too sheathing his hilt. It was then he decided he was still a soldier. But maybe he could change that, with Alarics help. If only he could understand what his past self had siad, the moment before he vanish. That one cryptic comment. "Find it".

------------------
If you knew who I used to be, you wouldn't be as kind.

#63 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2002 - 01:34 PM

Walking for several long hours whitout a single pause or incident other than conversation, the three decided to stop for a few minutes to catch their breath and rest their feet. Dusk and Theo sat down on a couple of stumps, Rogan sat down on the ground and rested his back against a large tree.
He fetched a bottle of clear liquid from his sack, uncorked it and drank some.
"Anyone want some?" he asked.
"Nah," Theo shook his head, "I don't drink this time of day".
"It's water, goddamn it!" Rogan replied, slightly irritated.

Theo smiled at Rogan. Then he got up and looked at the sky. The bright light from the sun hurt his eyes. "Well, we should get going," he suggested, "heat will be unbearable by noon if we don't get any clouds soon".

Rogan and Dusk got up as well and studied the blue sky. Theo was right, it would turn into a beautiful day, but with armor, thick clothes and Dusk's trenchcoat, it would get rather uncomfortable.
"Yeah, let's go" Rogan answered, already on his way down the path. Theo and Dusk followed right behind.

The rest of the long walk went without incident and was a pleasant one; except some really irritating flies bothering Dusk nearly all the way to the Hall.
"You should concider washing that hair of yours," Rogan s######ed as they approached the Hall, eyeing the large watch towers and massive portcullis blocking the entrance.

A group of guards approached them. Their leader smiled as he recognised the men.
"Rogan, how nice to see you again!" he said with the same smile on his face. He turned to Theo and shook his hand. "Theo, haven't seen you in a while".
His face turned more serious and doubtful eyeing the character dressed in a trenchcoat and kevlar helmet. He let his eyes examine Dusk for a few seconds before Rogan interrupted his thoughts: "This is Dusk, a friend of mine"
The guard captain examined him for a few more seconds before he stretched his hand out.
"Name's Drognan. Guard captain and shift supervisor".
"Dusk," Dusk shook hands with him, "I'm new to this world".
"Really?" Drognan raised an eyebrow. "Well, anyways, Alaric has been expecting you Rogan. Just walk straight in, you know the way".
"Open!" he yelled to one of the archers standing in the eastern watch tower. The figure turned around and pulled a large wheel, and the portcullis opened slowly.

------------------
Some people say war doesn't solve anything... perhaps they're using the wrong strategy...

#64 User is offline   Overmind 

Posted 10 October 2002 - 03:38 PM

Sasha, returning from a brief visit with Sabinate, stepped from a storeroom into the main entrance corridor of Land King Hall. She paused, pondering what she should do next; things had been quite boring, lately, but she couldn't think of anything to do other than returning to Cademia to rejoin the other Ronin.

She heard some familiar voices at the gate, and looked up in surprise. "Rogan! Theo! Good to see you. What brings you all this way?"

"We're travelling with our new friend Dusk, here. He's newly arrived in Cythera, and looking for employment; someone suggested he try here. Dusk, this is Sasha, a swordswoman of some note."

"New, eh?" Sasha muttered. "I know that feeling, all too well." She shook Dusk's hand. "Pleased to meet you."

------------------

#65 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2002 - 04:19 PM

***OoT***
Dusk: yes, the cythera boards are slow, atleast compared to the other boards, but thats not nessisarily (sp?) a bad thing Posted Image. Oh, and just how long have you been reading the cytheran? Either that or your much more carefull than most. On my behalf, great job Posted Image.
***BI***

"Well, here we are at the doors of Alaric. I think you'll be fine from here on, though it doesn't seem that you need much help. Send my greatings to Alaric I suppose; here I take my leave," Theo said and bowed low, "Good luck with getting a job, Dusk. My offer remains if you also find Alaric, ah, lacking in certain points."

Theo waved once, triggering a land-shift spell. As he faded from veiw, he touched his forehead, which seemed to Dusk vaguely familiar. Theo grinned, and was gone.

------------------
"I am waitint, waiting, waiting; for no moments that occure.
Would I have it any diff'rent? Never will I be unsure." -Theo
The One And Only:
~Theo Nean Donly~

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#66 User is offline   Pippin 3 

• Pip

Posted 11 October 2002 - 02:22 AM

As i enterd the taven a sound of music met my ears
and a foul smell met my nose,
Then a young lad popped up right in my face and said,
''Hello im Talos the bar tender may i get you a drink'',
''Yes plese an orange juce would do fine''
''ok then one orange juce for the young lady'' he said ritting it down on a pice of paper,
and then he disaperd behind the bar.
Then i went to find a table,
just as i was sitting down Talos came back and gave me my orange juce,
As i was sitting sipping my orange juce a man burst through the door looing very tired and he came and came and sat nexed to me,
and said ''one beer Talos oky doky repled Talos''.
''Then he turned his head to me hello im Theo whats your name''
''my name is Pippin' i repled,
''Where you from ''
''im from a place where nobody in this world would know'',
'Any way i have a big day ahead of me so i beter get going cya'' i said finishing of the last of my orange juce and walking out the door.

------------------
were ever i go death will
come with me

[This message has been edited by Pippin 3 (edited 10-11-2002).]

The sands of time trickle slowly. slowly spirralling down and our lives are but a grain.

#67 User is offline   dusk 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2002 - 02:51 AM

Originally posted by Theo Nean Donly:
***OoT***
Oh, and just how long have you been reading the cytheran? Either that or your much more carefull than most. On my behalf, great job Posted Image.
***BI***

[ooc] What do you mean? I have been reading for a while. But how do you mean more careful though? If you're talking about the names like Crito, I just started Cythera and found out his name, same as in the inn. Posted Image Thanks alot though. [bic]

Rogan faced Dusk. "So, as Theo said, here we stand before the doors of King Alaric. Your quest is complete, let us hope it isn't you last though! There's no point living without some excitement"
Rogan bowed jokingly "Ladies first"
----------
Dusk entered the throne room, and became breathless. The room was ceiled in darkness, the walls fading where the torch light failed to reach.
The floor was tiled with dull purple tiles that radiated a comforting warmth. An enchantment of some sort, perhaps underground heating, speculated Dusk.
Faceless guards lined the walls, as still and silent as the stone sculptures in the hallway outside. A man with an enourmus black beard that overflowed and spilled off his face stood next to the King. He was dressed in motley and wore the hat of a jester, as was clearly his profession.

King Alaric. He was an ancient man. His brows were white, and his beard was long and soft to the eye. Lines etched around his deep eye sockets, giving the impression he had once been under great stress. His crown was a simple one of gold, studded with various jewels. Obsidian, diamons, rubies, sapphires. Around his neck he bore a golden chain, a pendulum of emerald strung to it.
He rose slowly, ever so majestic. It was now Dusk realised that the immense feeling of importance came not from the room, but from the King himself. It was as if he was the land around, every inch of ground Dusk had trod seemed to tie itself to this man, this one incredible person.
King Alaric spoke, his voice was strong for a man of his age, whatever that might be. It echoed and reverberated off the walls with a power stronger and more convincing then any Dusk had experienced. He remembered a man like this, a past memory floating back without aid. This person was a man you turned to, you looked for, you waited for and you risked your life, simply to hear him again. King Alaric reminded Dusk of this man in oh so many ways.

"Welcome, to Cythera. Traveller"
Dusk knelt, taking his hilt out. The stone guards stiffened, but remained at their posts. Dusk put the hilt to his forhead and blade into the ground, bowing head and legs in prayer for the good Kings health.
"Greetings my lord, for that, I suppose, is what you are to me now. At least, while I remain in Cythera"
King Alaric nodded, and sat again, alowing Dusk to rise. "What brings you to the Land King Hall?"
Dusk sheathed his hilt "I am seeking advice and a little help. I am newly arrived in Cythera, and, due to the... uhh... nature of my arival, will fortunatly never return to my world"
The gracefull king raised an eyebrow "Fortunatly? If you were exiled here for crimes I will return you to from whence you came, Cythera is not a harbour for outlaws"
Dusk smiled, feeling at ease. That one simple question. Like an admission to Dusk that the king was indeed a mortal being, not a god.
"No my King. I am not an outlaw. I say fortunatly becuase my world was at war. A great battle stretching from continent to continent. I don't know what this conflict was for, but I do know it was important. At the end of this war, the great war, me and my companions were captured. For months we were shunted from one jail to another. The enemy then gave back my clothes and weapons one day, leading me unconcious to an emmense rift. It was incandescent red and shone with ferocious intensity, indeed it hurt to even be near it. They told me something, I can't remember and threw me in. I was unconcious most of the time, and do not recall any of my journey. After what must've been an enternity I awoke, atop a cold, snow covered mountain. I need not tell the rest my lord. I was in Cythera"
King Alaric rubbed his beard thoughtfully. Two strong guards came in bearing a padded seat, as if summoned by Alaric. They placed the seat next to the noble king, bowed and quickly made themselves scarce.
Alaric motioned the equist (sp?) chair with his wrinkled hands. Dusk took his invitation and sat.
"Um... My lord? Oh no, never mind"
"No go on, I want to hear everything about you. I do not even know your name yet, soldier"
Dusk reddened. He wanted to dissapear, be swallowed by the ground and forget he ever existed. "Forgive me my lord. I am Dusk, how rude of me not to introduce myself"
"Very well Dusk. You where about to ask me something?" The king shifted in his seat so as to face the newcomer.
"I'm not very comfortable in this fine chair. I'm not used to anything soft... I'm sorry, it really doesn't matter, you shouldn't worry about it"
The same two men came in again, this time bearing a plain wooden chair, straight backed and lacking arms. Dusk stood, the men removing the padded seat and replacing it.
"Thank you my lord!"
King Alaric smiled "So Dusk, you seek help in finding your feet here in Cythera. That I certainly can do. The crowns revenue is large, and my knowledge is even bigger. Money and advice can be readily supplied. I would have offered you a sword, armour. But you already have these I see"
Dusk took of his helmet and trench coat, feeling mostly at ease. His sword was still, however, strapped to his body. This was more out of habbit then anything.
"Yes my lord, I am well equiped for fighting, but let us hope I do not need it!"
Rogan, who had been silent for quite some time spoke up. Dusk, having almost forgotten his presence was startled. "We'll talk later Alaric, for now you and Dusk need to get aquainted" The King nodded, "You know where the kitchen is Rogan, help yourself" he smiled as Rogan walked out, his stomach audibly grumbling.
"So, tell me Dusk. All you know" and he did.

[edit] fixed some typos [/edit]
------------------

[This message has been edited by dusk (edited 10-11-2002).]

#68 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2002 - 11:20 AM

Talos came back, but stopped short. "Wait a minute," he said to the man, "didn't you tell that woman you were Theo?"

"Yeah, and I think she believed me." He paused for a few moments before continuing. "Well, she can't really be blamed, only us regulars here would know that Theo doesn't drink, avoids tiring himself out at almost all costs, and always observes strangers before making contact. Heh, I wonder what she'll think when she meets the real Theo."

------------------
"I am waitint, waiting, waiting; for no moments that occure.
Would I have it any diff'rent? Never will I be unsure." -Theo
The One And Only:
~Theo Nean Donly~

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#69 User is offline   dusk 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2002 - 08:19 PM

Rogan munched happily on a flat bread, the butter running off in golden dribulets (is that a word? It sounds like one). He finished the bread and licked his fingers clean, savouring the taste.
"Would you like anything else Mr. Rogan? A bitta ham or some'ing?" Emesa grinned and grabbed a handful of flour, continuing her bread making.
Rogan shook his head "No thanks, I think all those breads I've already eaten will be quite enough"
"Awright" Rogan walked out, finding an empty bed. He crawled into it stifly, and fell asleep, feeling more at ease here then anywhere else.
----------
Dusk shook Rogan awake, a huge grin on his face. "Look Rogan! Look what he gave me!"
"What'd he give ya Dusk?"
Dusk held out a small pouch, spilling the contents onto the covers as Rogan sat up.
"Three hundred obols, in gold form, and this" he unrolled a small scroll. Runes were etched around the edges, the middle a blank space. Rogans curiosity sparked "What does it do?"
In answer Dusk placed an obol on the scroll then removed it. The middle swirled, turning into elegant hand writting "A golden coin worth ten obols".
"That's great! What does it say about your sword?"
Dusk obligingly placed his hilt on the now empty middle, waiting for the writing "Dusk"
"That's strange, it didn't describe the sword like it should have... strange"
Rogan shrugged "Oh well, maybe it doesn't work on foriegn objects"
"He also did something to my ring, enchanted it or something. If I ever want to I can instantly transport to this funny triangle thing in that room over there"
"The conjurers triangle. It's generally know as Direct Nexus, you can also learn a spell called Control Nexus, this alows you to transport to any pre-defined location, very handy I can assure you. You should pay a visit to the Magisterium, learn a few basic spells"
Dusk grinned again, scooping his money back into its pouch.
"This's for you Rogan" Dusk flipped him ten obols
Rogan smiled "Thanks Dusk. So what are you gonna be doing here in Cythera?"
"Ahh. King Alaric didn't suggest anything in particular, but did give me a lot of advice. I've got just the idea you know. But I would like to settle down first. You got any advice for the city to settle in?"

[This message has been edited by dusk (edited 10-12-2002).]

#70 User is offline   Pippin 3 

• Pip

Posted 11 October 2002 - 08:21 PM

As a slowly walked up the path to a small house i heard yelling and the cries of ''help help'',
I began to run my sword out, I arived just as a ruffien plunged his sword ino a women, Then the cries of a what sounded like a younge kid, rushed up and hit the ruffien my sword went through him like
a knife through butter, i turned around to see a ruffien running up to me, And i stabed him right in the chest, a young man came running up to me and kissed me on the cheak and thanking me for coming, I was a bit enbaressed but then i came to my senses that i had saved there lives,
''thank you'' sai the crying littel boy ''yes thank you young women for saving our lives''
''well really i came a bit too late'' i said poiting at the dead women lying on the ground''
''well at lest you came if you had not we would be dead aswell, Is there nothing we can do to repay you?''
well what buness do you own?''
Well we sell flax and butter but thats nothing to repay you for saving us miss?
''oh sorry for not telling my name my name is Pippin and if you give me flax and butter for as long as i like your debt is gone,''
ok then welled do that for you then.
Well i have to go i have a big day ahead of me bye.

------------------
were ever i go death will
come with me

The sands of time trickle slowly. slowly spirralling down and our lives are but a grain.

#71 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2002 - 09:48 AM

Rogan got up with a yawn, put the ten oboloi in his pouch and started to make the bed as he replied, "well, I was born in Odemia, but never really enjoyed living in such a small village. I mean, it's nice and peaceful and a great place, but living there gets too boring in the long run... at least, that's my opinion. Great place for trading goods though. Cademia is full of life and the Alraeican tavern is a meeting place for many great adventurers. However, Cademia harbors many sorts of people, and you will have to watch your back if you plan on strolling down some of the poorly lit alleys there."

Dusk smiled, "but that's really not a problem for people like us, no?"
"That's right," Rogan answered as he sat down on a chair next to the bed, "I've always liked Cademia. I moved there as soon as I finished my studies in Pnyx."
He paused, resting his eyes by looking at the wall for a few seconds, thoughtfully. Then, a smile came to his face and he chuckled. "You should have seen my first place," he said, "what a dump! And without nobody to cook or clean up for me... but that's just things you have to get used to when you move for yourself. You see, in Pnyx we all had lunch in the Study Hall and our rooms were cleaned by a maid... Dusk?"

"What a dump!" he said, the man sitting next to him. A young skinny man with red hair, the trenchcoat way too big for him. "And the worst thing... you can't get up and walk properly without getting your god damn head blown off! They never said anything about crouching twenty four hours when you enlisted, now did they? They even gave me a coat three numbers too..."
His complaining was interrupted by hollering from a man about ten metres away: "Incoming!"

"Dusk?" Rogan waved his hand in front of Dusk's face.
Suddenly, Dusk jumped, as if he snapped out of something, looked at Rogan and said, "My apologies. Please, go on."

"I would propably bore you to death anyway," Rogan answered, "but about Cademia... I know this guy, he owes me a favour, he can propably get you some roof over your head that you can call yours if I talk to him about it. So, what do you say?"

------------------

#72 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2002 - 04:28 PM

Ferazel begins to walk over to the flax farm. He sees Pippen and his horribly written posts there. There was a woman there, dead.....or was she? Ferazel checked her pulse. No, she was still alive. But she appeared dead. Pippen appached Ferazel and sai ''hi who are you''. Ferazel replied "I'm Ferazel of Pnyx. Who are you and why do you abuse spelling, grammar and punctuation?" pippn replid ''im Pippen and i spel fine''. "All right then," Ferazel said, holding back a laugh, "I challenge you to a spelling tournament. The winner gets paid 10,000 oboloi by the loser. Are you up for the challenge?"

------------------
---
<repeat>

#73 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2002 - 04:50 PM

*ooc* Permission to s######, sir? Posted Image*bic*

------------------

#74 Guest_bad  spelleer_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 October 2002 - 10:45 PM

(ooc) bad spelleer is a black mistiris figer always pulling up his pants and were ever he gose he will cures every body to speel woung (bic)
bad spelleer enterd the tavern and eevery bod turned there headses towardse bad spelleer
thene he pullede out his bad spelleeing sowrd and plugegde it into th nerestes mans chhest
e screemd in panee and fell to th floore curesing bad spelleer and spelleeing everye curse woung
thene bad spelleer lefte

#75 User is offline   dusk 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2002 - 10:55 PM

[ooc] Hay Rogan! Thanks alot for putting a flash back in for Dusk, it really suited, you got it just right. Beaut job Posted Image [bic]
"Well. Cademia. It's meant to be the mother city isn't it? I was hoping to find a job too, hopefully not just killing rats"
"Is there anything you particually want to do Dusk? Ever got a hankering for anything in particular?"
Dusk sighed "I am good with a sword, and fast in fighting. I should put those skills to use but I really would prefer a more peacefull occupation. I would have been a bar tender, but I wouldn't stand a chance against the Tavern in the way of competition"
Rogan laughed "No, you'e right. All the other bars have lost tons of customers to Talos. I don't think bar tendending is really a viable profession in Cythera anymore"
Dusk picked up his helmet and obol bag. Rogan stood up. "Let us go to Cademia and visit this friend of yours" he paused "Meeting some one that owes you something will be quite interesting" Dusk said jokingly. Rogan cuffed him over the head playfully, and the two leff the Land King Hall, bidding farewells to Brianna, Emesa, Alaric and Magpie.
----------
Once again they were on the road, travelling south towards Cademia. The day was fine, not too hot or col. Perfect weather for walking thought Dusk. Birds chirped and tweeted, a sound that fascinated Dusk in particular, as he had never really heard them before.
The pair walked in silence for the first few hours, just quitely comtemplating the day around them.
Dusk could feel freindship flowering between him and Rogan. They got along well. Niether really knew the other very well, but that hardly mattered, Dusk hardly knew himself, and being new to Cythera gave Rogan alot of respect. But Rogan, though Dusk, probably deserved respect whether you were new or not. He knew what was going on did Rogan, and Dusk was wise to take heed of any advice given.

"Rogan? What do you do here in Cythera, surely you don't just escort people to the Land King Hall all day long?"
Rogan grinned, happy to explain life in Cythera "I am an adventurer. Quite often Cythera comes under threat of attack, maybe a mage corrupts. There are various kidnappings, murders, rapes. No. Cythera is not a gentle place. It is harsh living Dusk"
Dusk chuckled, and upon realising the irony of his statement rogan joined in, laughing.
"And what of money? Does the crown pay you or something? Everyone I've met so far seems to have no shortage of cash that's for sure"
"Ha! The crown does pay us, measly wages though. The real rewards come from the spoils of war. Anything us adventurer types find, we keep. Magic swords, enchanted armour. Gold, gems, obols. The world is filled with ancient riches. That's where the real pay off comes from"
Silence came again, the pair walking without word.

Dusk remembered what Rogan had said and laughed "I find it hard to imagine you being messy Rogan, espcially after seeing you make the bed back there, even though the maids would've done it for you"
"Are you the messy type Dusk? I know a few people who simply don't know how to clean, it's a bit strange, and I don't know how they put up with the mess"
"No. I'm very clean. Back on my world I never had anything I could call my own though, 'cept my clothes sword and... uhh... gun. I kept all of them in good condition, not they need much looking after though. Everything in the great war was low maintence. The theory was that the less time spent cleaing, the more time spent fighting"
Rogan paused, perplexed "I thought you said you didn't remember anything about your past life"
Dusk was as puzzled as Rogan was at his last comment "I don't ever remember anyone telling me about low maintence stuff. Wierd"
"You've mentioned guns, and bullets sevral times Dusk, do you remember what they are?"
Dusk nodded, eyes to the ground "Guns are like... Like the bow, and bullets are like tiny arrows. You can see an arrows flight most of the time, and an arrow is not always fatal, but a bullet is a different matter. It goes so fast that the eye cannot catch it, and it hurts. Oh it hurts like buggery. And there were different types of guns, some fire huge bullets, bigger then a man. Others just fired faster and faster. So fast that not even the a trench could protect you. No one used normal bullets, they were too primitive. We used something called chem-bulls. The tops of them were all covered in the same poisen that killed those ruffians. One bullet was usually all it took"
Dusks hand had unconsciously moved to a scar on the side of his throat.
Rogan looked carefully at Dusk. His eyes were moist and puffy, a single ill contained tear paused for a moment on his cheek, then fell to he dusty ground, forgotten.
"Come friend, we arrive in Cademia by nightfall" Rogan hedl out his hand, as if offering the road to Dusk. He nodded, and continued walking taking solice in Rogans company.

------------------

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users