• You cannot reply to this topic

Chron Wars plot

#1 User is offline   Bryce 

• Open-Source Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2003 - 12:09 PM

Chron Wars

Moonshadow's galctic cruiser, S.S. Elfwood, is attacked by the big evil starship under
the direct command of Slayer's henchman, Lady Katerei. Moonshadow and her rebel cohorts are
captured, but not before she can put the information about the existance of The Ultimate
chron - secret weapon of the evil Chronicle Dominion, led by the Dark Emporer Slayer, into
the brain of SuperNova. He gets cuaght on the way to the escape pod, but the Dominion foces
let him go becuase they think 'It's just a n00b'.

He meets up with Ody/3PO and they escape to The Nova Planet (To the tune of The EV:Nova Web Board)
They are captured by forum trolls and are sold as slaves to Mr. Somebody, a young man disenchanted
with the lack of attention paid to the planet by the aloof Hutt rulers, who are in cahoots with
the Dominion. Mr. Sombody obeys the request of SuperNova and takes him and a unhappy Ody
to see an old hermit in the dessert, Obi-CacheWan, who is susposedly a Chron Writer.
There, Supernova spills his guts to Obi-Cache concerning the Ultimate Chron being written by
the Chronicle Dominion, and about Katerei being turned to the Dark Side.
Obi-Cache decides he must go to The Cythera Planet, to deliver the information to rebel
leaders. They find Bryce and Ferazel in the tavern and hire them to fly them to Cythera.
Obi-Cache teaches the basics of writing to Mr. Somebody on the way.

Meanwhile while orbiting Cythera, (Moonshadow's homeworld) Katerei and Rogan try to convince
Moonshadow to betray the location of the rebels. She gives them bogus information, at which they
unleash the power of the recently completed Ultimate Chron and use it's awesome power to turn the
entire population of the planet into mindless, parasitic non-commenting chron readers. All
the planet's creativity is annihalated!

When the good guys reach Cythera, they find that the population have all been turned into retarded
abominations. (Which Obi-cache sensed on the way. "I feel as if much creativity was suddenly
obliterated!")

Before they can escape the planet, now under Dominion domination, They are discovered by Lady
Katerei and trapped. Obi-Cache fights Katerei and the others escape while Kat's henchmen are
stupidly standing around watching the fight, instead of helping Kat by shooting at Cache.
Thankfully, Katerei is low on henchmen (Budget cuts and all) and when word gets around
that there is a big duel between chron writers (Ledgendary figures that they are) all the
goons go to watch the battle. (They aren't the most compitent or dedicated thugs either.)
With no guards, Moonshadow hotwires her cell door and escapes to Bryce and Ferazel's ship.
Just as the protagonists get in their ship, (Joined by Moonshadow) they see Lady Katerei
finish off Obi-cache.
They escape the defeated planet while the henchmen are talking with their master about what
a cool fight it was.

Soon, though, the Dominion forces come to their senses and Rogan sends fighters to attack the
good guys. Overpowered, the good guys land on the swampy and almost uninhabited planet 'Avara' to
hide. There, they meet Chron Master Heidel, most awesomly powerful of all chron writers.
He trains Mr. Sombody in the ways of the Chron Writer in about half an hour, while the
Dominion Fighters give up on finding them. Soon afterward, Heidel is eaten by a giant
swamp creature, Taz!. Mr. Sombody is now the last of the good chron writers.

They leave the planet and head for Coldstone, a mostly peaceful planet that houses the rebel
headquarters. The Dominion forces bring their untimate chron, but before they can broadcast
it to the people of Coldstone and turn them into non-commenting readers, Rogan, Lady Katerei
and the Evil Emperor himself, Lord Slayer, are confronted by Mr. Seombody in their throne
room. While the main villians are preoccupied with trying to turn Mr. Somebody to the dark side,
Bryce, Ferazel and Moonshadow sneak around the Dominion spaceship and try to delete the
ultimate chron!
Unfortunatly, this gets the attention of The bad guy trio, who take Mr. Somebody, now their
captive, to go kill the other good guys.

"Strike me down and save your freinds! Use your anger!" Says Slayer to Somebody
as he warms up his force lightning and starts trying to kill the heros. Mr. Somebody
is torn between his resolve to stay on the light side and his desire to save his freinds.
Suddenly, Lady Katerei defects to the Light Side and uses her password to delete the
ultimate chron.
Slayer's power evaporates and he disappears in a puff of maleveonent energy.
Katerei and Mr. Sombody then fight Rogan (With his two-bladed lightsaber thing) together,
while Bryce, Ferazel and Moonshadow watch and eat popcorn.
Rogan impales Kat with his lightsaber while she is distracted by Ferazel/Chewie, who
picks a very poor time to confess his undying true love for her.
However, Rogan was suffecently weakened by the fight that Mr. Somebody can
finish him off and dispatch him for good. He rushes to the dying Katerei, who revils that
she is his mother, and warns him not to get involved with Moonshadow becuase she is his
sister. Bummer.

The king of Coldstone, Celchu, gives all the heros an earldom and tons of serfs to farm it,
and the rightful, non-evil king of the galaxy, Glenn Andreas, is restored to power.
He declares it 'Galactic Blob day' for unknon reasons and makes everyone buy yellow,
geletinious hats, but is otherwise an exelent leader. This may have been cuased by his years
spent in hiding on the secluded planet Blobbo 9 while Emperor Slayer was in power.

The inhabitants of Coldstone throw a big party for the heros, at which Yomcat/jarjar is given
the death penalty with a dull salad fork for the crime of public nudity. The End.

Please do not be offended if your character is a Evil Emperor, Walking Carpet, Robot, Gungan nudist,
or other such creature. No comparison to your actualy self is intended. Your Chron-Wars
character is fully independent of your real persona. (Except perhaps for Yomcat, who we all
know really is a Gungan who broke lose from a goverment lab in Austraila and moved to New Zealand,
where he glued dryer lint to his body and made a meager living pretending to be the world's ugliest
sheep at fairs and carnivals. Things may be looking up for him, as he has recently been contacted
by the Maytag clothes dryer company, who have offered him a job as a mascot. But that's another
story... Posted Image )

[This message has been edited by Bryce (edited 02-19-2003).]
"Programming is an art form that fights back."

www.magnatune.com - Magnatune: Internet record label. Wide selection of music in MP3, flac, ogg: no DRM. Legal. Artists get 50% of your money.

#2 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2003 - 02:21 PM

Originally posted by Bryce:
Please make your sugjestions. After that, we can each pick a paragraph to write...
I've got dibs on the 'final duel'.

Fine with me. Just, uh, apart from a few things I noticed immediately, can I have one (or preferably several) nights to think about this? Oh, and the days too, of course...

[blabla]Lord Katerei[/blabla]

You mean Lady Katerei, don't you? ^^
Moonshadow tries to imagine a Lord Katerei, and starts to giggle helplessly.

Preoccupied with trying to turn him to the dark side, Bryce, Ferazel and Moonshadow
sneak around the Dominion spaceship and try to delete the ultimate chron!

Eh? Why would we be trying to turn Mr.Somebody to the Dark Side?

Oh, and aren't there some people missing? Actually, one person I can think of. Avatara. (Whoever is General Dodonna, anyway? And don't say Rebel Leader, I gathered that much...)

------------------
Ich weiß wohl, ich bin nur ein Träumer, der vielleicht eines Morgens erwacht. Doch ich spotte dem Tag und ich folge dem Stern und ich lass mich entführen in die Nacht...
- Silk & Lute
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

#3 User is offline   Bryce 

• Open-Source Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2003 - 03:33 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Moonshadow:
You mean Lady Katerei, don't you? ^^
Moonshadow tries to imagine a Lord Katerei, and starts to giggle helplessly.
[/B][/quote]

Opps, you are right. I don't have time to edit it now, though, so you'll have to use imagination.

[quote]Originally posted by Moonshadow:
Preoccupied with trying to turn him to the dark side, Bryce, Ferazel and Moonshadow
sneak around the Dominion spaceship and try to delete the ultimate chron![/b][/quote]
Eh? Why would we be trying to turn Mr.Somebody to the Dark Side?
[/QUOTE]

I'll fix that. I ment that Slayer, Katerei and Rogan were trying to cenvert him.

------------------
"...All persons are free to think of any concept and hold to any idea or position." - The Second of the Five Fundimental Truths of 2081.

Where do you want to [url="http://"http://www.macclassics.com/cythera/tricks/rJade.htm"]teleport[/url] today?

www.magnatune.com - Magnatune: Internet record label. Wide selection of music in MP3, flac, ogg: no DRM. Legal. Artists get 50% of your money.

#4 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2003 - 07:49 PM

Wow! I'm evil! I get to kill ca- err, I mean... Posted Image

And my henchmen apparently suck!

And I go back to the light side!

And Ferazel confesses his love to me...? And Rogan kills me...? And I'm Moonshadow and Mr. Somebody's mother...?

Gee, I lead a busy life. Posted Image

------------------
Insignificantly Unforgettable
"The real world can wait, I'm not done with the virtual one yet." - idiotSavant

#5 User is offline   Mr. Somebody 

• The Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2003 - 10:03 PM

This....post will not be finished due to lack of words in the english language to describe the complete and utter stupidity I feel. Any other languages I know fall short too.

------------------
Do not hurt when holding is enough, do not wound when hurting is enough, do not maim when wounding is enough, do not kill when maiming is enough. The greatest warrior is he who does not need to kill.
"Just the thought of a rap version of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony or 'Achy, Breaky Heart' is bound to make people smile." -Justice Anthony Kennedy, Campbell v. Acuff (2005)

"Haul your ass, Harry, but haul it slowly, or you'll sink the damn boat." -George Washington

Barbarian Films

#6 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2003 - 10:17 PM

I'm guessing you don't approve of this? Posted Image

------------------
Insignificantly Unforgettable
"The real world can wait, I'm not done with the virtual one yet." - idiotSavant

#7 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2003 - 06:36 AM

I find it rather amusing.
Hey, can we make this a TS? That could be fun... ^^

------------------
Ich weiß wohl, ich bin nur ein Träumer, der vielleicht eines Morgens erwacht. Doch ich spotte dem Tag und ich folge dem Stern und ich lass mich entführen in die Nacht...
- Silk & Lute

#8 User is offline   Bryce 

• Open-Source Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2003 - 09:25 AM

Originally posted by Moonshadow:
I find it rather amusing.
Hey, can we make this a TS? That could be fun... ^^

Well, we all discovered that TSes with a large, overreaching plan aren't very fun. So wwe could, but I'd not reccomend it...

------------------
"...All persons are free to think of any concept and hold to any idea or position." - The Second of the Five Fundimental Truths of 2081.

Where do you want to [url="http://"http://www.macclassics.com/cythera/tricks/rJade.htm"]teleport[/url] today?

#9 User is offline   idiotSavant 

• Odysseus
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2003 - 12:41 PM

Well, we all discovered that TSes with a large, overreaching plan aren't very fun. So we could, but I'd not recommend it...

Hrm, it could be better as a TS..then again, it could flop from lack of interest as many of the other TSes seem to have of late. Then again, as a cron, people could get busy, not finish their part.

------------------
Siena College- Like Yale, only not!
"Anything is possible, except skiing through a revolving door."
I am not your rolling wheels / I am the highway / I am not your carpet ride / I am the sky / I am not your blowing wind / I am the lightning / I am not your autumn moon / I am the night

#10 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 February 2003 - 06:32 PM

Well, we all discovered that TSes with a large, overreaching plan aren't very fun. So wwe could, but I'd not reccomend it...

That depends on how detailed the plan is. Something like this, you've pretty much got everything, so it wouldn't survive as a TS very well.

------------------
"There is a time and a place for everything."
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#11 User is offline   Mr. Somebody 

• The Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2003 - 12:43 AM

Originally posted by iKaterei:
I'm guessing you don't approve of this? Posted Image

Well, it will be fun, but lets just say that it is a rather big shock to come back and find out that you have been cast as Mr. Luke Somebody...

------------------
Do not hurt when holding is enough, do not wound when hurting is enough, do not maim when wounding is enough, do not kill when maiming is enough. The greatest warrior is he who does not need to kill.
"Just the thought of a rap version of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony or 'Achy, Breaky Heart' is bound to make people smile." -Justice Anthony Kennedy, Campbell v. Acuff (2005)

"Haul your ass, Harry, but haul it slowly, or you'll sink the damn boat." -George Washington

Barbarian Films

#12 User is offline   idiotSavant 

• Odysseus
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2003 - 01:29 AM

Originally posted by Mr. Somebody:
Well, it will be fun, but lets just say that it is a rather big shock to come back and find out that you have been cast as Mr. Luke Somebody...

*Odysseus idly wonders who's going to be Mara Jade* Posted Image

------------------
*BOOM*

[This message has been edited by idiotSavant (edited 02-21-2003).]
I am not your rolling wheels / I am the highway / I am not your carpet ride / I am the sky / I am not your blowing wind / I am the lightning / I am not your autumn moon / I am the night

#13 User is offline   Bryce 

• Open-Source Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2003 - 09:23 AM

Originally posted by idiotSavant:
*Odysseus idly wonders who's going to be Mara Jade* Posted Image

Does she appear in the actual movies? I thought she was only in some of the books.

------------------

#14 User is offline   idiotSavant 

• Odysseus
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2003 - 01:40 PM

Does she appear in the actual movies? I thought she was only in some of the books.

Strictly books. However, she does things during the time period in the movie.

------------------

#15 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2003 - 06:18 PM

That has little relation on the movie plots. Besides, if you're going to start using stuff from the books, Moonshadow gets the jedi powers she has in them.

------------------
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#16 User is offline   idiotSavant 

• Odysseus
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2003 - 10:00 PM

Originally posted by Avatara:
That has little relation on the movie plots. Besides, if you're going to start using stuff from the books, Moonshadow gets the jedi powers she has in them.

eh, but she doesn't develop them until later on.

------------------

#17 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2003 - 10:11 PM

A lot of things don't happen until later on. Besides, how would you tie Jade in to this story, and who fits her role? You don't have a wide selection of females to choose from. Unless, of course, Bryce changed her role to be a male, but that wouldn't make a lot of sense...

------------------

#18 User is offline   idiotSavant 

• Odysseus
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2003 - 11:28 PM

Originally posted by Avatara:
A lot of things don't happen until later on. Besides, how would you tie Jade in to this story, and who fits her role? You don't have a wide selection of females to choose from. Unless, of course, Bryce changed her role to be a male, but that wouldn't make a lot of sense...

I agree, I doubt Mara Jade will appear in our Cron War plot. *shrug*
Was worth a shot.

------------------

#19 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2003 - 12:40 AM

Couple points:

- Regardless of whether or not Cythera is Moonshadow's homeworld, it seems a little odd that a product of the Cythera webboards' creativity should obliterate Cythera's creativity. Giving Cythera the role of Yavin 4 would probably work better than Alderaan.

- You've cut out Hoth, Cloud City, Endor, and a good portion of Tatooine. I suppose you can merge the roles of Endor and Yavin 4 and stick that whole thing at the end. And Hoth was just a cool battle that served no real plot purpose. However, reinserting Cloud City and Jabba's palace would be a good idea, since you could then do some sort of carbon-freezing parody.

Might I suggest that you make Cloud City the Ares planet and myself Lando? And Tatooine is apparently the "Nova Planet", so you have the opportunity to make a jab at a Nova-goer by making the Nova-goer Jabba. (Hey, don't Jar-jar and Jabba sound alike? And isn't yomcat primarily a Nova person? :evil: )

- Just calling planets "The Nova Planet" and "The Coldstone Planet" is boring. Readers should be able to recognize "Aurora" as a Nova planet, and "Garendall" as a Coldstone planet (and "Ishima" as an Ares planet). Cythera works fine as a planet name, though. Same with Avara, unless you want to rename it Hector.

- I start getting real confused when all the characters start finishing each other off at the end. Might be my fault, I'll puzzle it out later.

------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[This message has been edited by Pallas Athene (edited 02-22-2003).]

#20 User is offline   Bryce 

• Open-Source Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2003 - 09:48 AM

I disagree with your first point. The Ultimate chron is a dark and evil perversion of Cytherian creativity. And it was made by cytherians, but no actualy on cythera.

------------------

#21 User is offline   Bryce 

• Open-Source Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2003 - 09:49 AM

Otherwise, though, you have some good points. Still, I don't have time right now to do ia full rewrite Posted Image

------------------

#22 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2003 - 07:13 PM

Originally posted by iKaterei:
Wow! I'm evil! I get to kill ca- err, I mean... Posted Image

Strike me down, and I shall become more imaginative than you can possibly - um - imagine! Posted Image

------------------
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#23 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:53 PM

This was an amusing blast from the past. :P

#24 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2005 - 09:38 PM

Maybe if someone had the ambition they could write one about the first three movies (when Epsidoe III comes out that is).
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#25 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:56 PM

Whoa, that was interesting.

Didn't even remember it, but thanks for bringing it back up, fun read. :P

Good times...

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users