Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Alraeican Tavern, Part V - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Alraeican Tavern, Part V

#76 User is offline   theScribe 

• Group: Members

Posted 04 January 2002 - 02:40 AM

The Scribe blotted his quill dry, capped his inkwell, and pushed his book to one side. "I'm always interested to hear tales of people's adventures, young man; it lets me relive some of the exciting times I had as a youth. Oh, but don't let my rambling distract you; please, share one of your tales!"

He leaned forward, eagerly waiting for Indigo to begin.

------------------
I came, I saw, I wrote the travelguide!

#77 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2002 - 02:22 PM

Indigo smiled again and took a sip of his drink before starting his tale.

"There is a small community on Cythera called Riam. Not many people around here know about it, but that's where I was born. Riam is one of the oldest cities on the island. The records say that it was originally an outpost for human soldiers during the War of the Leaders, then when the war finished it became a village. It was named after Riam, son of King Philo and Queen Shaila..."

------------------
Need a name??? Need a character??? I GOT LOTS!!!
Email me or visit my site at [url="http://"http://www.danicsoft.com/kat"]http://www.danicsoft.com/kat[/url]

#78 User is offline   theScribe 

Posted 04 January 2002 - 04:52 PM

The Scribe nodded. He encouraged Indigo to continue, all the while filing away names, places and facts in his encylopaedic memory, for later reference.

------------------

#79 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2002 - 03:38 PM

Indigo continued on with his tale, only stopping to get a glass of water every now and then. It was quite a long (but interesting) story, so before he was halfway through there was a group of about six or seven other people gathered around to listen. Of course, nobody in Cademia had heard it before, because the people of Riam are not known for exploring great distances. Indigo was one of the few who liked travelling.

He couldn't help but notice that there were very few people in the room, considering that the Alraeican Tavern was supposed to be a very popular place. He made a mental note to ask somebody about it later, but didn't worry too much. Most likely they were just off on quests.

------------------
Email me or visit my site at [url="http://"http://www.danicsoft.com/kat"]http://www.danicsoft.com/kat[/url]

#80 User is offline   Velgen 

Posted 05 January 2002 - 05:23 PM

Suddenly, a cross looking man barged into the Tavern, shattering the unusual peace.

With no regard for manners or protocol, he made an inquiry of the sparse patrons of the establishment.

"Has anyone here seen a man by the Name of Talm, who claims to be a scientist?"
He waited impatiently for a response.

------------------
I'd have done it to, if it wasn't for those meddeling adventurers and their Wolflizard!

#81 User is offline   theScribe 

Posted 06 January 2002 - 04:42 AM

The Scribe looked up, annoyed at the interruption to Indigo's most fascinating tale. "Yes, he was here; but not for some days now. His companion said something about 'detecting an unusual energy reading', and they left."

"Where'd they go?" the rude man demanded.

"I didn't enquire," the Scribe replied, "as it was none of my business - and I'm equally sure it's none of yours. Now, if you don't mind, this young man was in the middle of a most interesting tale, and I'm quite anxious to get back to it." He turned back to face Indigo across the table.

"I don't believe you," the angry man growled, grasping the Scribe by the shoulder. the Scribe sighed, picked up his ebony staff, and waved it casually. The foul tempered man abruptly vanished.

From outside the tavern, could be heard the sound of someone cursing in surprise.

------------------

#82 User is offline   Bryce 

• Open-Source Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2002 - 11:44 AM

[del]

[This message has been edited by Bryce (edited 01-19-2002).]
"Programming is an art form that fights back."

www.magnatune.com - Magnatune: Internet record label. Wide selection of music in MP3, flac, ogg: no DRM. Legal. Artists get 50% of your money.

#83 User is offline   J.Ace21 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2002 - 06:18 PM

**uhm.. I'm not sure how this thread was going(I don't want to read three pages Posted Image) and I'm looking someone - read the post - and figured this would be the best way since the search option doesn't work anymore and I don't want to litter the board with an unrelated topic Posted Image**

Suddenly the door bursts open and some of the storm that is raging on outside finds it's way into the tavern. A drunkard shouts something about the cold and goes to close the door but trips over right before reaching the door. Laughter is heard from all around the tavern, laughter directed at the poor fellow to have gotten so drunk to not be able to walk properly. Suddenly the laughter stops. The spot where everyone had thought that the drunkard had just fallen over by himself started to shift and a cloak fell to the ground revealing a medium sized person armed with only a glowing dagger.
"Fa.. Fa.. Fanatic..." gasps the stranger, "where is Fanatic??"
the stranger then slumps into a chair un-concious.

**this isn't for a story or anything(just made a dramatic atmosphere for the fun of it Posted Image) but I'm just looking for GF regarding something having to do with my story in the chronicles.. I've just been lurking around the boards these days and I don't think I've seen GF around.. Did he leave the board while I was gone-? Any info would be appreciated..**

------------------
???
(This space left intentionally blank.)

#84 User is offline   cache22 

• Lord of the Chrons
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2002 - 06:29 PM

Sorry J.Ace, don't think Fanatic's been seen here since before I joined Posted Image

------------------
Kobayashi Maru!
"The e-mail of the specious is deadlier than their mail" - Tom Holt, 'Snow White and the Seven Samurai'

#85 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 January 2002 - 09:36 PM

*A dissapointed and heavily fatigued patron enters the bar and crosses over to the now-empty table where Slayer had once sat.*

"He's gone. But he'll be back, I can just wait right here." Avatara sighed as he sat down.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#86 User is offline   J.Ace21 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2002 - 07:07 PM

Originally posted by Avatara:
the now-empty table where Slayer had once sat.

*J.Ace21 suddenly looks up with an alarmed expression*

"What!? Slayer's gone too??"

------------------
???

#87 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2002 - 07:13 PM

"I'm afraid he's leading an expedition to some 'witchcraft' place or whatnot. I hoped to catch him before he left, now he may be in mortal danger but he is out of my reach.

"Anyway, J.Ace, its been years since we last met. What mischief have you been up to recently?"

------------------
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#88 User is offline   J.Ace21 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2002 - 07:14 PM

"Ah.. well.. give me a drink first.."

"Well.. After a left my last adventure I decided to stop actually going out in the field for a while and started doing some research.. I'll eventually go back to questing but my research so far has been so interesting. I'm trying to find out about ancient cythera, before our people landed here(I can't remember if this character was supposed to be one of the cytherans - like hector and alaric etc.. the ones that were stranded here Posted Image) I have some reason to believe that Phynx(someone correct me on this. I'm talking about the mage temple(?) its been to long since I've played :confused Posted Imagewas not built by our people. just discovered and refurbished. That would explain the strange underground maze under Pnyx(was this right :confused Posted Image. Anyway.. it's nothing to take seriously. I'm pretty much guessing. I only have a few clues. Hopefully someday I'll gather enough information to go investigating..."

------------------
???

#89 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2002 - 09:59 PM

"Pnyx, now that's a dangerous place. Personally, I wouldn't go messing around there too much. There are secrets there that should've remained undisturbed." Avatara inwardly shuddered remembering, but he lightened up, "At least that was ages ago...I haven't been to Pnyx's maze recently, perhaps its improved. Its worth a try, some other time though. Until then..." J.Ace grinned, he needed a break from his studies and this was the perfect idea.

------------------

#90 User is offline   J.Ace21 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2002 - 06:37 PM

"hm.. yes, very dangerous. I have my share of nightmares also. But I was hoping, with all the new discoveries of weapons and artifacts brought from other worlds by adventurers, we would have an easier time. Of course I'd probably have to make a fairly large group. But I don't know much of the new poeple around here so thats why decided to come here. Maybe I'll put out a call for a party someday..."

------------------
???

#91 User is offline   theScribe 

Posted 11 January 2002 - 12:22 AM

One of the Scribe's talents was an ability to comprehend more than one conversation at a time; and even though his eyesight was failing, his ears were as sharp as ever. He could hear a whisper from the other side of the tavern, if he wished.

Thus, while continuing to listen to Indigo's tale in seemingly rapt attention, he was in fact also listening to Avatara and J.Ace.

"This 'Pnyx' sounds like an intriguing place," he thought. "It's probably full of excellent tales. I must ask Brianna to look into it for me, when she gets back from this 'Crolna' thing; I doubt she'll have had her fill of adventuring, just yet."

------------------

#92 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2002 - 09:33 AM

Avatara looked around, noticing the other patrons in the tavern for the first time. Taking out a sheet of paper, he scribbled something on it, folded it, and passed it to J.Ace who looked at it and nodded, then burned the paper.

"Well, enough discouraging talk for now. Barkeep, how about...err...who's tending this place anyway?" Avatara looked around, nobody seemed to be behind the bar.

------------------

#93 User is offline   Bryce 

• Open-Source Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2002 - 09:43 AM

** Isn't it the frog, Rana, that is runing things? **
"Programming is an art form that fights back."

www.magnatune.com - Magnatune: Internet record label. Wide selection of music in MP3, flac, ogg: no DRM. Legal. Artists get 50% of your money.

#94 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2002 - 09:51 AM

Originally posted by Bryce:
** Isn't it the frog, Rana, that is runing things? **

A ghostly frog is a little hard to see, but I was just checking anyway.

------------------

#95 User is offline   J.Ace21 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2002 - 05:43 PM

J.Ace watches as Avatara takes out a piece of paper and write something on it. J.Ace takes the paper Avatara hands to him and opens it to read what it says. As J.Ace begins to read the paper explodes in his hands leaving nothing. Posted Image

J.Ace looks at Avatara Posted Image

------------------
???

#96 User is offline   J.Ace21 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2002 - 08:00 PM

J.Ace21 continues to stare at Avatara with a confused expression...

[edit]not sure why I posted this Posted Image[/edit]

------------------
???

[This message has been edited by J.Ace21 (edited 01-13-2002).]

#97 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2002 - 08:07 PM

Indigo finally finished his tale, as well as his glass of water. He looked at the Scribe, smiling. "And that's the end. What did you think?"

The Scribe nodded. "Very interesting tale. You're a good storyteller. I think that might help to explain a good deal of other things, as well..." He drifted off and a thoughtful expression came over his face.

Indigo decided that it was probably time to be going. He waved goodbye to the other patrons and left the Tavern, heading in the direction of his rented house.

------------------

#98 User is offline   theScribe 

Posted 13 January 2002 - 10:52 PM

The Scribe gazed after Indigo's retreating form, thinking deeply for a few minutes. Then he reopened his book and inkwell, dipped his quill, and resumed writing.

------------------

[This message has been edited by theScribe (edited 01-13-2002).]

#99 User is offline   Velgen 

Posted 14 January 2002 - 04:26 PM

Velgen stood outside the Tavern with Melia.

Neither of them cared for the other, but they were united by a common cause.
Were it not for this cause, they wouldn't get with twenty yards of one another.

"That old guy said Talm was here, but left with another person some while ago.
He hasn't returned since."
Velgen said.

"He dosen't seem to be in town. I talked to a man in the two-tailed rat, he said Talm was an aquaintance of his. I coudn't get any details out of him, though!" Melia explained.

Velgen nodded, and the two of them entered to the tavern.

------------------
I'd have done it to, if it wasn't for those meddeling adventurers and their Wolflizard!

#100 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2002 - 10:47 PM

"It looks like you enjoy writing."

theScribe looked up from his book and smiled, "Yes, I like recording tales and adventures. They facinate me. I don't believe we've met, I'm called theScribe."

"I'm um..." Avatara appeared at a loss.

"You don't remember your name, or are you hesitating to give it to me?" theScribe asked in a gentle manner.

"I'm debating which name to give you. However, if you're truely fasinated with adventures, I can relate a few old ones. Nowadays, there isn't as much happiness in the world. Remembering some of those times lets me relive those days." Avatara replied, in a tone indicating he was reliving a memory. "Its a shame what we fail to notice in everyday lives. Now its too late to relieve them. But, I'm sorry, my name is uh...you can call me Paithan. Paithan Qu'aëlísious Irfanïs'al is the long version, but Paithan for short."
"A High Elf? Here?" theScribe seemed interested.

"I trust you to not spread that around just yet. Here they call me Avatara, derived from a few words referring to the supernatural."

------------------

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users