Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Alraeican Tavern, Part III - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Alraeican Tavern, Part III

#151 User is offline   J.Ace21 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 September 2001 - 07:06 PM

J.Ace - which became the name decided for him until he can remember his real name :P - is obviously glad that someone was able to recognize him. He starts to ask around for imformation about the Search for the Thieves that Moonshadow mentioned to him.. But while asking around he finds that he would have liked it much better if they still had the librarian(the ability to search the boards for keywords Posted Image).. Then he would have been able to read through his previous adventures and information about himself(One of the old Character Info threads have got to be in there somewhere.. and Avatara.. that does ring a bell Posted Image something that had to do with a quest to the homeland that obviously put us in some strange world filled with giant savage inhabitants that had some kind of leader that we had to fight.. and then some strange monster that was summoned and...)
"Well..." J.Ace says, "I'm not sure if I'll be any help to liven the place up since I am a person of few words(I'm really bad at writing dialogue.. not that anything that I write is particularly good ;)).. but I'm starting to remember some things that I had planned on in the past but never got to do... but first I guess we should do something about Talos...(goes to find out more about 'Search for the Thieves')

------------------
???
(This space left intentionally blank.)

#152 User is offline   Magpie 

• Pip

Posted 09 September 2001 - 03:00 AM

A middle sized man about.....well you couldn't really place his age, he looked ancient, yet young and full of energy, walked into the bar and somehow managed to hit his head on the ceiling even though he was alot shorter then the roof. J. Ace glanced over in his direction. "And who is this wonderfull newcomer?" he quieried with a grin. "My name is Sylph, and no relation to that horrid thing on the island am I"
After a couple of drinks Sylph stammered a few words about the Landking hall, none of which anyone could translate. At that moment Sylph shimmered, fading for only a microsecond. Most people put it down to having just a little to much to drink, but something about that second in time sent shivers down Ronins spine.
"I went to the.... the landking hall nd, and, Laric wasn't well. No not at all...Hic... Mr Landking wasn't feeling..." he clapsed and fell asleep on the bar just then so no one paid any attention to his words.

*You don't know its Magpie here Posted Image*

------------------
Time is a predator that hunts you down. You can cheat it for as long as you like with doctors and medicines, but in the end time will catch up with you. What if I was to tell you I had found a place where the predator had no teeth?
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..."

#153 User is offline   Verran 

Posted 09 September 2001 - 03:44 AM

The rest of the party hadnt really understood what the newcommer had said, Verran hadent niticed it either at first but he sat back an thought for a moment.

The shimmering for a second, the slightly similar face.... No I cant just distrust a stranger for that. He thought to himself.

But he had said something about being at landking hall and Laric or someone not feeling well.

Suddenly Verran stood up up.

"Alaric is in trouble!" he said

"What?" asked Slayer "What do you mean Alaric is in trouble."

"Didnt you hear him?" said Verran "Mr. Landking wasnt feeling well."

The others looked at Verran thinking he was a touch out of it, what with too much rootbeer and all.

"Dont look at me like that!" said Verran "He said that just before passing out! Alaric is sick, or something. Ill bet Magpie has tried or even succeeded to kill him."

"Then we dont have a moment to loose!" said Moonshadow.

*I really think we should go save Alaric now so I hope you guys agree*

------------------
Ok so I cant think of a good signature.

#154 User is offline   Ronin 

• Pip

Posted 09 September 2001 - 05:20 AM

*I've changed logins; I thought it might get confusing if I posted as cache22 when using other characters.*

Originally posted by Magpie:
At that moment Sylph shimmered, fading for only a microsecond... something about that second in time sent shivers down Ronins spine.

Ronin suddenly stiffened in his seat, his eyes taking on a glassy look as a barrage of images exploded in his mind.

>Flash< Hiking...

>Flash< Riding...

>Flash< Sparring...

>Flash< Fighting...

And through it all, always the others...

The others...

>Flash< A strange glow...

>Flash< The others, then the world, fading...

>Flash< A strange land, strange people, tinged with blue...

>Flash< Friends...

>Flash< Betrayal...

>Flash< The journey...

>Flash< The TRAITOR!

>Flash< No! Fading, again...

Ronin's mind snapped back to the present, and he forced himself to relax; he was still a little disoriented - it didn't help that he had no idea what the others were discussing ("Mr Landking?") - but he began to take in what was being said.

As yet he owed no loyalty or friendship to anyone present, but he had no reason to distrust them; he resolved to attempt anything they asked of him - besides, he liked these people.

[This message has been edited by Ronin (edited 09-09-2001).]
There are three kinds of computer users: those that use Macintoshes, those that wish they used Macintoshes, and those that don't know any better.

#155 User is offline   J.Ace21 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2001 - 06:06 AM

J.Ace thanks Avatara for his help and murmurs something about looking too far..
He suddenly hears the conversation around him and bolts to his feet,
"Alaric is alive? I thought that his body had passed away and his soul and mind were held to this world by the mysterious power of LKH...(I seem to remember something like this at the beginning of my story thread "Land King Hall - for story" or we could just go on with this new plot.. since it really wouldn't be too fun without Alaric around.. though it might get a little old. And since I don't really want to just kill this plot I'll just go with the fact that he is still alive and sick.. supposedly. :P) I suspect that not all that was said a moment ago about the Land King is true.. What I felt from that stranger wasn't anywhere near complete honesty. He was hiding something. He had some motive(For those who don't know this character has some empathic powers that are stated in the character info which avatara kindly found for me Posted Image) I suggest that we don't run into things without first planning something..."
At this the quick eyed Avatara notices a shadow running from the door. All Avatara could see was some kind of armor that had a glow about it and a large weapon that shimmered in the moonlight.. He also noticed something large around the shoulder of the stranger. Avatara started after the shadow but something in his mind told him that it was probably not worth investigating so Avatara went back to his drink..
In the darkness of the Cytheran night Rogar made his way toward LKH. He had been invited into the LKH by Alaric when his services were respected by the people. He was sure that LKH wouldn't be locked to him even now. Afterall he had saved the life of the current Caption of the Guard when he had been little. After casting a quick charm spell he had inherited as an elf he made sure nobody saw him make his way north..
"This is my chance' he thought..
'If I am able to save Alaric I won't be shunned from society even when I don't hide my elf heritage. My work will finally see light and I will return to a normal lifestyle...'
'No more ocean' he thought, 'I hate the ocean'

------------------
???

#156 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 September 2001 - 10:06 AM

Originally posted by J.Ace21:
(I seem to remember something like this at the beginning of my story thread "Land King Hall - for story" or we could just go on with this new plot.. since it really wouldn't be too fun without Alaric around.. though it might get a little old. And since I don't really want to just kill this plot I'll just go with the fact that he is still alive and sick.. supposedly. :P)

(J.Ace, my explanation is maybe this happened before the land king hall-for story. we seemed to jump back in time after the clone, doing things that had results that happened in some of our earlier stories. If I just confused you: Its kinda like writing a book, we've done some of the later chapters, time now to do some closer to the beginning. Hope that made sense.)

Avatara felt an uneasy feeling at letting the shadow go. A danger sense flared in his conscience. Perhaps Magpie did indeed injure LandKingHall, but memories of times with J.Ace had also triggered something. Avatara had an idea, and since he had nothing to lose he was going to test it.

"If you'll excuse me, I have some pressing matters to attend to." Avatara took a quick glance around, his gaze settling on a J.Ace against the wall sipping his drink and deep in thought about something. Avatara left, and headed south into the night unaccompanied.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 09-09-2001).]
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#157 User is offline   Verran 

Posted 09 September 2001 - 12:13 PM

Only Verran really noticed Avantara sneak out.

He didnt really think much of it though, he was to buisy thinking up his next move. Someone had just snuck out other than Avantara but Avantara wasnt following him. This puzzled Verran a bit but again he decided that he had to at least check on the situation at LKH before they waited too long.

Verran slowly got up from the table, he was very silent and quick, only Moonshadow really noticed him but she didnt think much of it.

Once in a secluded room Verran cast Directed Nexus......

He had been sort of suspecting a trap, he saw it just before the blue light streaming around him (his teleport spell) took him just outside the LKH.

It had been a white ball of energy aimed directly at his head, white but with a tinge of evil in it....

There hadnt been any caster present that he could see however.

As he sat down outside he thought for a moment. He hoped that it had been a trap and Magpie had not actually been waiting for him. However if it had been Magpie then he was in a good bit of trouble here. Normally Verran bet he could probably at least escape Magie but with that, that "thing" possesing him he would be far outmatched.

He hoped that the others got to Alaric soon instead of bickerig, for now he got ready to flee like the wind. Unless of course it was just a trap *Magpie can write and decide that*

*If you guys dont agree with this let me know and I'll change/delete it*

------------------

#158 User is offline   Magpie 

• Pip

Posted 09 September 2001 - 07:56 PM

Magpie felt a tinge of power through his body. He grinned. Someone had enjoyed his little suprise. he continued his work silently slipping the tiny shard into the cronla in Alarics desk. Quietly he made his way out towards the exit when he had an idea. "Those humans will be to late to discover the shard untill Alaric is frozen in time unable to move" he smiled to himself thinking hard "Why not kill them all. Just to be sure" Magpie, with a new plan in mind headed through the caves to who knows where.
--------
Sylph snuck quetly behind Avatara unaware of Verran. He wasn't quite sure what he was doing. It was like an invisble force had grabbed hold of him. Slyph didn't resist of course but he was aware of it. Driving him and eating at his mind.

------------------
Time is a predator that hunts you down. You can cheat it for as long as you like with doctors and medicines, but in the end time will catch up with you. What if I was to tell you I had found a place where the predator had no teeth?
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..."

#159 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2001 - 08:50 PM

Originally posted by Magpie:
Sylph snuck quetly behind Avatara unaware of Verran. He wasn't quite sure what he was doing. It was like an invisble force had grabbed hold of him. Slyph didn't resist of course but he was aware of it. Driving him and eating at his mind.

(I went south...that's opposite the direction of LKH)

When the lights of Cademia were out of sight, Avatara took one last look around him before casting a spell. A quick flash of blue light and Slyph couldn't tell where Avatara went.

Deep in the libraries of Pynx, Avatara looked for a specific book. One that might give him answers he needed...

------------------
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#160 User is offline   Verran 

Posted 10 September 2001 - 01:05 PM

Verran Took a deep breath. If Magpie knew, and Verran was sure he did, than if he wanted to he would have come already.

Verran didnt know Magpie too well but he knew the type, power hungry posessed by an evil being and a bit over confident. At that one Verran smiled, He probably didnt know how much Verran had studied magic and he probably didnt know that Verran knew exactly what he was doing.

But, Verran checked himself, he had best dot be over confident too....

He rushed inside LKH teleporting streght to the throne room in case of more traps. But what he saw next made his heart take a nose dive.

Alaric was glowing with that semi evil white light, it looked as though he was in pain too.

"The Crolna..... Nooooooo." he managed to yell before turning to stone in a much similar way as Talos.

Utering a quick curse on Magpies retched hide, Verran dashed for Alarics quaters, blowing the door to his study away with a spell. He got inside and pulled open the droar to reveil the crolna. It was glowing, with that same white but slightly evil light.

"Your too late!" a vioce like Magpie's but twisted and evil spoke into his mind. "And now you will never save Talos!"

But Verran didnt stop. He had to find a way, any way to reverse this spell. There were no counter spells he knew, no reverse spell powerfull enough to purify the Crolna.

"Well" said Verran to himself "I'll Just have to get this to the others, and before Magpie stops me too."

*Just a thought, if the now modified Crolna turned Alaric to stone then maby it could reverse it, and maby taloses too."

------------------

#161 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2001 - 03:14 PM

Moonshadow gasped as Verran teleported straight into the middle of the tavern, right in front of her. Her eyes widened in shock as she recognized the Crolna... and the light it was emitting. With one fluent movement she grabbed it out of his hands and threw it into a far corner. "Are you out of your mind?!?!" she yelled.
The whole tavern paused with whatever they were doing and stared at her. Someone went over to take the Crolna. He was stopped dead in his tracks by an icicle being thrown directly into the wall, just scant inches from his face.
"Don't touch it!" she warned with a voice as icy as her spell. Then she went over to the Crolna herself, lifting it with a telekinetic spell, letting it hover in the air. "The Crolna." she remarked, unnecessarily.
"I know that!" Veran snapped, angered by her treatment.
"How did that happen?" Avatara inquired, ignoring their bickering.
Verran explained what had happened, and the expressions of those who listened darkened with every word he said. Katze shook with anger, clutching her fists, muttering something like "To think I trusted that bastard..."
"That can't be changed." Slayer told her.
She just glared at him.
"Well... what do we do about this... what's it's name? ...Corla, Crona... whatever?" Ronin asked. "Judging from your reaction, it's not supposed to be like that..."
That was a good question. What could they do about the Crolna?

*Oh man, I feel like we're messing up the whole Cytheraverse... Posted Image*

------------------
This is not dead which can eternal lie,
and in strange aeons even death may die!
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

#162 User is offline   Ronin 

• Pip

Posted 10 September 2001 - 03:38 PM

[quote]*Oh man, I feel like we're messing up the whole Cytheraverse...    Posted Image*

Ronin was trying to be nonchalant, but couldn't stop staring at the crystal; he'd seen that glow before, and while he couldn't remember when, or where, the sight filled him with an intense feeling of dread.

Without realising it he began to slowly back away from the sight, until (*oof* "I beg your pardon, miss!") he bumped into Katze.

"One good thing about this," he thought to himself as he sailed, flailing, through the air: "who's got time to be afraid of a glowing crystal?"

CRUNCH!

Ronin picked himself up from against the wall Katze had thrown him into, and watched to see what the others would do next.

"Katze, go easy on the new guy!" yelled Slayer.

Katze just nodded, and looked embarrassed. Actually, she thought it was kinda cute - somebody being polite
to her for a change.
------------------
There are three kinds of computer users: those that use Macintoshes, those that wish they used Macintoshes, and those that don't know any better.

[This message has been edited by Ronin (edited 09-10-2001).]

#163 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2001 - 05:48 PM

Deep within the underground labyrinths of Pynx (highly powerful magic was buried deep underground for the sake of this post Posted Image), Avatara smiled triumphantly. The first stage of his plan was completed, he had the book he needed. Quickly jotting down the spell on a scroll, one he hopefully would never have to repeat, Avatara closed the book, and with a quick look around he lit the book on fire. As the knowledge of powerful spells inside withered to ashes, Avatara took a deep breath and cast a Directed Nexus to Land King Hall, not knowing what to expect.

------------------

#164 User is offline   Verran 

Posted 13 September 2001 - 07:36 AM

"There is that legend of how the crolna was first found...." Said Verran "By humans that is"

"Of course!" said Slayer "Wasent there some alchemy or something envolved?"

"I knew I couldent be that wrong!" Monnshadow agreed.

------------------

[Having the Tavern explode would be in poor taste right now --Slayer]

[This message has been edited by Slayer (edited 09-13-2001).]

#165 User is offline   Ronin 

• Pip

Posted 13 September 2001 - 04:19 PM

Ronin rejoined the group (carefully avoiding Katze) and listened avidly to what they were saying.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 12-31-2001).]

#166 User is offline   Verran 

Posted 14 September 2001 - 01:31 AM

Sorry Slayer,
I just wanted to lighten the mood and get the stroy rolling again....

Anyway if you fell strongly about that then I apolagize

*in character*

"We must find the alchemical ingredients then!" said Moonshadow "After all, now Alaric is in trouble too."

"What about Magpie?" asked Verran "If we have the Crolna he must know it."

"Magpie?" asked Ronin.

Another explanation ensewed.

"And where is Avantara?" asked Verran

Just then Moonshadow realized it, Avantara had left!

*took us long enough didnt it*

"He must be trying to help somehow" Verran began "But he may be in danger if Magpie findes out."

*can we all go try and stop this one way or another? :P*

------------------

#167 User is offline   Kwon Chen 

Posted 14 September 2001 - 02:53 AM

As Rogar journeyed North past Odemia, he saw in the distance a man sitting by the side of the path; he checked that his spell of hiding was still working, then began to approach the place as quietly as he could (being half-elf, that was very quiet indeed; only another elf could have heard him.)

As he drew closer, he noticed that the man appeared to be meditating; he was sitting cross-legged, with his eyes closed and his arms folded. Certain that he could pass without being noticed, Rogar crept by on the opposite side of the road.

Before Rogar had gone three yards, however, the man spoke: "I know you are there; come, you have no reason to fear me; perhaps I may be of some assistance."

Rogar turned, feeling uncertainty for one of the few times in his life, and not liking it - and saw that the man hadn't moved. Since the stranger plainly knew he was there, he released the spell.

Opening his eyes, the man said "Ah, that is better." He stood, then put each hand up the opposite sleeve, holding the opposite wrist, and half bowed from the waist. "I am called Kwon Chen; you may call me Kwon. By what name may I call you?"

Now able to study Kwon Chen more closely, Rogar saw that he was an oriental, standing about 5 feet tall; he was wearing no armour, just a simple tunic and trousers that appeared to be made of cotton; his boots looked soft and comfortable, but not too tough; he had no weapons, but carried a medium sized leather bag on a strap over his shoulder.

Rogar was struck by the almost tangible aura of calm peacefulness that radiated from Kwon's eyes.

"Very well," thought Rogar, "let him know who he's dealing with, we'll see how cool he remains then;" then continued out loud: "I'm called Rogar. Now tell me, Kwon Chen, are you with me or against me?"

Rogar expected anything other than the answer he received: "That is up to you, Rogar. Do you believe your heart is good, your motives pure?"

"Of course I do, and of course they are!"

"That is good; then I am with you."

"Just like that? Just because I say I believe what I'm doing is good?"

"For now, that is enough; the future will tell if it is true or false, and at such a time I will act as my conscience demands; until then, may I accompany you on your journey?"

"First," replied Rogar, hesitantly, "tell me how you knew I was there?"

"I listened," replied Kwon, cryptically. "No man walks alone; I could not see you, nor hear you; but the forest could. Like a stone droped in a lake makes ripples, your passing made ripples in the stirrings of the forest; those changes told me all."

"Very well," said Rogar after a moment's thought, "something about you appeals to me; and it will be nice to have company, even for a short while."

Kwon nods his head once, then the pair turn and continue North, toward Landking Hall.

------------------
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
Confucious say, who say I say all they say I say?

#168 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2001 - 06:23 PM

Avatara looked around, obviously surprised that there was no trap. Then Avatara realized there could have been a trap, and someone else might have sprung it. Keeping that thought in mind, Avatara ran through Land King Hall, until he skidded to a stop in front of a frozen Alaric.

"Just as I thought, nothing is ever easy." Avatara muttered as he ran back to Alaric's study. Finding a secret compartment in the desk, but forced to smash part of it open, Avatara smiled as he held up the object he had been looking for. He turned and cast another spell, taking him to a remote area in the far southern reaches of the island, almost everything ready.

------------------

#169 User is offline   J.Ace21 

• PipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2001 - 03:28 AM

*OoC*
Oh so we're at a time at about the time before the beginning of the actual game or something? I'm not too sure but I guess I'll figure things out as the story progresses
*BiC*

J.Ace21 who had been in some trance suddenly wakes up and realizes the happenings around him. J.Ace21 who, as everybody knows, is a person of few words simply walks over to Moonshadow who was holding the Crolna with her spell and reaches out his hand simply nodding to Moonshadow. Moonshadow knowing what J.Ace21 meant, from experience travelling with him, simply drops her spell and mutters something like, "I hope you know what you're doing." J.Ace21 simply nods again and catches the Crolna with his own spell. He then starts to wave his hands around the Crolna in an orb-like fashion and a blue orb appears around the Crolna almost smothering the strange white glow. J.Ace21 starts to move his hands faster obviously in deep concentration. After a few minutes J.Ace21 drops his hands and falls to the floor due to exhaustion and the Crolna falls to the floor with the blue sphere intact. Moonshadow and a few others move to help J.Ace21 while the rest move to investigate the Crolna.

Rogar continues along with his newly found companion Kwon. The night's silence was broken without feeling broken by the soft yet powerful voice of Kwon.
"You know.. It would save us alot of time if we just returned to the others."
"And why is that," Rogar asked somewhat insulted.
"The forest around us knows more than they are credited for. They tell me to return to the others if we wish to be of any help."
"Hm.. I trust nature and I know that it is always true to those who listen. Though I have lost my own ability to listen if that is what you have heard than so be it. Let us return to the city. But I will keep my hide spell on until we get to the tavern. I can trust the many adventurers there that I have been in a party with but the general population doesn't seem to like me.."
"I understand. Than let us be off for the wind tells of a evil plot and I fear that things have gone greatly wrong" Posted Image

I myself can't read that without frowning. Not that I ever was a good writer I still thought that I was better than that Posted Image. Maybe I'm just a little rusty Posted Image.

------------------
???

#170 User is offline   Kwon Chen 

Posted 15 September 2001 - 05:51 AM

*OoC*
Hmm, that makes Kwon a lot more 'prescient' than I'd intended, but I can run with that Posted Image It was a pretty fair way to get them back to the action, anyway.
*BiC*

Rogar and Kwon turned about and began the long trek back to Cademia; more than one person had tales to tell in their local tavern that night, of a short, strange looking man that talked to himself in two voices as he travelled.

Finally, they reached the door of the Alraeican Tavern.

Rogar released his spell. "I greatly fear, my friend, that I've done your reputation with the locals no good; if there'd been any other way..."

Kwon's expression, as Rogar had come to expect, remained inscrutably impassive. "It is of no consequence, my friend. Men will think what they will; it is only in the quality of his own heart that a man finds his true worth. Come, let us enter."

Kwon opened the door wide and stood aside for Rogar to precede him; Rogar, at least, was assured of a welcome, and Kwon preferred to let the people in the tavern (he could sense that there were several present) see a familiar face first.

The greetings were well under way when Kwon stepped through the door, and gazed around at the many faces. When he spied Ronin, his eyebrows shot up in the greatest show of surprise he was ever known to express; when he spoke, however, his voice retained its habitual calm timbre.

"Ah, friend Flynn; it is agreeable to see you again."

"Kwon!" Ronin exclaimed, running over to grasp Kwon's hand. "I'm so glad to see a familiar face!"

"Who's 'Flynn'?" queried Moonshadow, already knowing the answer, but needing time to think; now there were two of them, and she was no closer to solving the riddle.

"I believe I am," said Ronin/Flynn, "although I didn't remember it until Kwon called me by name."

"So, you also have lost much of your memory," commented Kwon. "It was only with much meditative self-searching, that I was able to recall the little I have regained; but I, at least, found an identity - I am greatly impressed that you have survived so well."

"I was fortunate," Flynn said. "I fell in with a group of good people, who were too preoccupied with larger problems to worry too much about me. That allowed me to find my balance at a pace I could handle."

"Has there been news of the others?" asked Kwon. "I remember no specifics, yet I sense that there are more of us."

"No, no news. I've had flashes of memory, but I couldn't learn any more from them than you have."

"Then we must make the best of the situation in which we find ourselves," stated Kwon, in his calm fashion. "Let us aid, however we may, these people in their endeavours."

"Agreed," replied Flynn, who was becoming gradually more comfortable with his regained identity.

They turned back to the group and listened attentively to the discussion; by this time Rogar had filled the others in regarding Kwon, and Moonshadow returned the favour about Flynn - leaving out only her own suspicions about the legend; that would keep, until a more appropriate time.

------------------
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
Confucious say, who say I say all they say I say?

#171 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• lift your skinny fists like antennas in germany
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2001 - 02:43 PM

Through the windows of the tavern, the occupants of it watch Ferazel walk by. He is very concentrated on a certain spell and he doesn't even realize he was walking into the.... Bang! Ferazel fell to the ground, unconsious from the blow of the door. Minutes later, he recovered from it, sat down at a table, and concentrated on his spell again. Always, he focused, muttered a few words, and then an exact duplicate of him appeared standing next to him, with a faint blueish glow. The real Ferazel then got up, and went in some sort of trance, but then the fake Ferazel exploded in a puff of blue smoke and electric elemental magic. Ferazel then cursed under his breath and sat down again. After doing this for what seemed like hours, Ferazel got his duplicate to walk, talk, and cast spells that looked real, but did absolutly nothing. Ferazel made hundreds of duplicates of himself, sending them all over, doing everything possible (or at least what Ferazel could think of Posted Image). They all dissipeared, Ferazel ran around shouting "It works! It works!", and then walked over to the occupants of the bar. "Just testing a new spell, 'Hallucination'." he said, "Anything I could do to help out?"

*OoC*

I know I copied from [url="http://"http://www.blizzard.com/starcraft"]Starcraft[/url], but Hallucination is soooo cool!

*BiC*

------------------
Quote ViaVoice, "Hal Cohen help build Satam sand scratch a flat surface scratches that some scratch that scratches that scratch facts scratcher wraked this scratched tax costs tax this. " Is this ViaVoiceian?

[This message has been edited by ferazel_09 (edited 09-16-2001).]
And we're never gonna tour again.

#172 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2001 - 04:24 PM

Suddenly, a flash of light causes everyone to avert their eyes from the center of the room. Avatara stepped through the portal he had created, the passage of light closing behind him. Avatara notices several Ferazels running around, and smiles in relief of seeing that Ferazel returned.

Avatara takes a quick glance around, and seeing no sign of Magpie around that he could tell, Avatara revealed what he was so excited about. Drawing an object from his leather pouch, he held it up for all to see.

"Its a crystal!" Moonshadow gasped. "How did you get it back from Magpie."

"Yes it is a crystal, but do you remember how there were three crystals? This is one of the other two. I found an ancient book in Pynx with a spell that will help our cause. I've imbued this crystal with a power of...um...'time' as you may call it, though it is not nearly like the power in the other crystal. Anyway, I *think* this may be able to cure Talos."

------------------

#173 User is offline   Ronin 

• Pip

Posted 16 September 2001 - 04:38 PM

Flynn winced, and Kwon's eyebrows went high at the sight of the crystal; like the corrupted Crolna, the hue and pulse of the crystal triggered a chord of distant, disturbing memory - but neither could bring that memory to the surface.

*PS, good to hear from you, Ferazel Posted Image *
------------------

[This message has been edited by Ronin (edited 09-16-2001).]

#174 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2001 - 04:56 PM

Moonshadow tilted her head slightly, as she would always do when curious, and her eyes sparkled golden with excitement. "May I see it?" she asked. Of course she already did, but Avatara knew that wasn't what she meant. He handed her the Crystal.
She took it carefully, scanning it with a look of awe on her face. "That's really neat work." she complimented. With her free hand she waved at the Crolna which immediately raised and flew nto her hand.
Avatara raised a questioning eyebrow.
Moonshadow smiled. "J.Ace's work." she explained. "He pretty much shut the corrupted Crystal's power out of the Crolna." She smiled again. "If I'm not completely wrong, we should be able to do this... with this one's power over time -" she raised Avatara's Crystal "- and that one's power of healing -" she raised the Crolna "- it should be possible to return Talos to normal, don't you think?"

------------------
This is not dead which can eternal lie,
and in strange aeons even death may die!
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

#175 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• lift your skinny fists like antennas in germany
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2001 - 05:45 PM

2 of the Ferazel hallucinations are lost by Ferazel, and they imatate gangsters and one falls to the floor, staging death. 3 others run over, knocking down everyone, and sending the Crolona and the crystal flying in the air. Ferazel is able to subdue the hallucinations and slides and catches the Crolona and uses a spell to catch the crystal. "Heh heh.", Ferazel blushes, "A few bugs to work out. Anyway, do these crystals have a name? What are each one of them's power?"

------------------
Quote ViaVoice, "Hal Cohen help build Satam sand scratch a flat surface scratches that some scratch that scratches that scratch facts scratcher wraked this scratched tax costs tax this. " Is this ViaVoiceian?
And we're never gonna tour again.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users