Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Alraeican Tavern, Part III - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Alraeican Tavern, Part III

#101 User is offline   Theo Nean Donly 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 June 2001 - 10:35 AM

After starting blankly at the wall for months, Theo comes out of his daze. He walks over to Tycho and leans over to his ear.

"*pist* Hit the Reply button on his post."

Then he walks over to the crowded chess table and listens to the growing argument.

"Say, since I don't seem to have the money, lets go double or nothing," Talos was saying. "I'm pretty confident you can't beat me twice in a row."

They sat down once more, but as the last of the pieces was being moved into it's starting position, Theo cast an enchantment on them. Suddenly, the pieces were minuatures of the things they were named after, neviously standing ready on the edges of the valley that the board had become.

Talos, making sure not to make the same mistake again, got the first blood when his right-hand knight trampled a pawn of Vinidel's into the dirt. Quickly, a few minuture parametics rushed over and removed the fallen victim from the field.

The game went on...

------------------
"It has to start some time.
It has to start some where.
What better time than now?
What better world than this?"
"I don't need a plan, just a goal. The rest will follow on its own"
     - Magic: the Gathering, "Temper"

The One And Only
~Theo Nean Donly~

#102 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 June 2001 - 02:18 PM

...and nobody seemed to notice that Avatara had added his twist to Theo's enchantment. Rogan now stood in the place of one of Talos's pawns, and it looked like he was about to be taken by three possible adversaries.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#103 User is offline   Forcemaster 

Posted 23 June 2001 - 03:41 AM

Forcemaster steps out from a corner table holding a pentium 3. He walks over to Wrathoo
who still somehow seems to be here.He then proceeds to smash the pentium over Wrathoo's
head.As he heads back his table he notes that Rogan is suddenly taken by the wonderful Vinidel
placing Talos in check.

Power Corrupts, and Absolute
Power Corrupts Absolutely.

[This message has been edited by Forcemaster (edited 06-26-2001).]
Let's just say I had a little insight, into the cards. Next time bring a deck that isn't transparent to infared light.
Geordi LaForge.

#104 User is offline   Magpie 

• Pip

Posted 25 June 2001 - 10:29 PM

Magpie spied the Tavern from the road and decided to walk in. He ordered a triple whisky with whisky and sat down, every one stares at him with amazment about his drinking habbits. "What? never seen a bloddy drunk before?"
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..."

#105 User is offline   Magpie 

• Pip

Posted 25 June 2001 - 10:40 PM

Magpie walks in and orders a double whisky with a shot of whisky and whisky on whisky. People stare in amazment at Magpies drinking habbits. Magpie looks up "what? havn't you seen a sad fella before?" More people look towards him "ahhh You guys would not understand" he shook his head sadly and turned back to his whisky.
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..."

#106 User is offline   Magpie 

• Pip

Posted 25 June 2001 - 10:46 PM

"plz ignore my reapting myself" Magpie frowns "i some times am a little lost in my memories and say things several tims" Magpie looks around at the silent people "just ignore the first message" Magpie orders another Whisky

#107 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2001 - 11:05 PM

A toast to the newest member of the webboards (soon to be anyway). *Avatara drinks his glass in honor of Magpie.*

Slayer suddenly walked to the back table Avatara was sitting at. Katze, Rogan, and some others followed to see what was going on. Slayer and Avatara started talking in hushed whispers, and Slayer appeared to be excited about something.

(I hope you can guess where I'm going with this...if not, I'll continue, if you don't mind)

------------------
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

#108 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2001 - 01:00 PM

Talos noted the excitement at the board veterans' table, and began to walk over. Suddenly, he said, "Wait a minute... you're not new, Magpie! Aren't you-" but before Talos could finish, an arrow materialized - or came through the window, no one could see where it came from - and struck through Talos's heart. It struck with such force that it drove straight through him. However, there was no blood, and Talos didn't even fall down. He simply turned to solid stone.

Avatara was the first to notice. He ran over to Talos, expecting to have him in dire need of medical assistance. He was also the first one to notice that Talos was no longer breathing, and seemed anchored to the floor. He had become solid stone, with one exception: his eyes. They appeared to be glass, but we're constantly changing color. Looking through them, one could see a view of a stately, large and empty room.

(Would anyone want to start a new story on this? I'd need to see a few people's support, and for now, no new bartenders till I choose one.)

------------------
Bronze: the other gold metal.  | |  Cretan Bronze Robot: Bronze Trance Robot
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url], [url="http://"http://users.erols.com/alkrauss/Once_Again.html"]Once Again: on the web.[/url]
Bacchus Freeware: Olympus Wars, a plugin for EV:N.

[This message has been edited by Talos (edited 06-26-2001).]
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#109 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2001 - 02:14 PM

Katze jumped up the moment the arrow struck Talos, and ran to the window, with her dagger ready and looking for someone to throw it at, preferably the one who had shot the arrow... Strangely, though, there was no one to be seen. A single stray dog walked down the road, and some birds were singing, but there was no human to be seen... Just when she was about to turn back, ahe caught a movement out of the corner of her eye. She strained her eyes, but where she could have sworn to have seen movement just moments ago there was nothing but flimmering air. "Must be the midday sun..." she said and turned back, and took a few steps towards Talos. Then she suddenly spun around again, startling everyone, and screamed: "But it's almost evening!" With that, she ran out of the bar, towards the suspicious spot...

------------------
You cannot expect to be saved in any one thing, person ... Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore.
- Ray Bradbury

[This message has been edited by Moonshadow (edited 06-26-2001).]
I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

#110 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2001 - 02:14 PM

Slayer pulled out a crystal that glistened in strange colors as it was shifted, and the light reflected off it. Everyone nearby could sense the magic radiating off it. The tavern grew eerily quiet.

"So, what is it?" Avatara asked, going back to Slayer's table.

"I don't know yet, whatever it is its powerful. I stopped here on my way to Pynx to see if the mages knew anything about it." Slayer replied.

"Where'd you get it from?" But the look in Slayer's eyes told him that Slayer wasn't willing to tell that tale, not among all these people here.

Suddenly, without warning, a fight broke out on the other side of the tavern. One person, a patch over his eye, and scars on an unshaven face threw a chair at his opponant, a big beefy fellow, wielding a sharp double-bladed axe. The chair missed and knocked over a lantern. The dry wood of the east wall of the tavern burst into flame, and started spreading quickly.

Slayer lept up, and started issuing orders to put out the flame. Avatara grabbed Katze, and attempted to put down the rapidly spreading brawl.

When finally the smoke had cleared, and a scornful looking Talos statue stood in the middle of the scorched wood, Slayer suddenly remembered the crystal. Looking back revealed the crystal was stolen, and signs pointed to four of the people that had been watching.

"How could I have been so stupid? It was a set-up!" Slayer muttered.

------------------

#111 User is offline   Magpie 

• Pip

Posted 26 June 2001 - 05:32 PM

Magpie lay in the middle of the floor seemingly drunk and not altogether concius of the fight. Slayer kicked him and Magpie shudered awake "It was..........Was.....It was him!" He stammeed before passing out again. Slayer looked up at the others with suprise "what did he mean?"

#112 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2001 - 11:00 AM

Zephyr spoke up quickly. "The two that dissappeared reminded me of the theives' guild, the group of law-breakers that abide far south of Pynx."

------------------

#113 User is offline   Magpie 

• Pip

Posted 28 June 2001 - 06:18 AM

Magpie hoped up from the ground. " How did you learn of these thieves?" he asked curiosly. Zephyr looked acusingly at Magpie " If you are suggesting that i am a part of that movment you are quite off the track" he said with a tad of anger. " OK then enough you two" Kestrel looked at them both to make sure it was setteled. The pair nodded yet Magpie still stared questioanbly at Zephyr. "What should we do now?"
asked a voice from the party. Magpie stared a little longer then smiled at some inner thought. "We should pursue these thieves to thier" Magpie stopped and glanced around as if he feared some thing, then continued "lair and find out what they are up to"

*out of chacter* Sorry i am not registered yet but they won't let any one register at the moment for some reason

#114 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2001 - 08:46 PM

A number of the tavern quickly gathered to find the thieve's cavern to help Slayer get his crystal back (and perhaps get a few oboloi, as well). They decide to group at the [url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum5/HTML/000870.html"]new topic[/url].

*out of character*

Just go to the new topic, and get your character there if you want to participate... I guess we're going to the thieve's cavern. I'll be creating a new character for myself, don't worry.

------------------
Bronze: the other gold metal.  | |  Cretan Bronze Robot: Bronze Trance Robot
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url], [url="http://"http://users.erols.com/alkrauss/Once_Again.html"]Once Again: on the web.[/url]
Bacchus Freeware: Olympus Wars, a plugin for EV:N.

[This message has been edited by Talos (edited 06-29-2001).]
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#115 User is offline   Slayer 

• EX-Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2001 - 10:13 PM

Slayer leaves the tavern in search of his mystical crystal.

------------------
Slayer's guide to Cythera:
[url="http://"http://www.macclassics.com/cythera/cythera.htm"]http://www.macclassi...era/cythera.htm[/url]
Slayer's guide to Cythera:
http://russell.stanb...ide/cythera.htm

#116 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2001 - 05:36 AM

Katze, still puzzled by what she had just witnessed, decided to join the quest and followed Slayer out of the Tavern...

Meanwhile Moonshadow decided to watch over Talos and find out what had happened exactly and how she could break the spell.

------------------
You cannot expect to be saved in any one thing, person ... Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore.
- Ray Bradbury

#117 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2001 - 01:56 PM

Avatara agreed to help, but he had some other pressing matters to attend to first, and would join later if time permits.

------------------

#118 User is offline   Tycho Maudd 

• PipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2001 - 09:21 PM

Tycho thinks about, spilts him self in 2. One walks out the door and the other sits down.

Tycho Maudd

------------------
I say what occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things, more I cannot say.
How to use a tooth pick: Hold stick near center of its length. Moisten pointed end in mouth. Insert in tooth space, blunt end next to gum. Use gentle in-out motion.

This message brought to you by the Campaign to Save the Humans. We bid you farewell

#119 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2001 - 08:28 AM

Because there was no bartender, Moonshadow walked over to the bar and helped herself with something to eat and to drink. After having eaten, she returns to Talos and continues her examinations. "Consider this a payment for me trying to help you..." she mutters.

------------------
- Ray Bradbury

#120 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2001 - 12:22 AM

After some time of investigation Moonshadow shakes her head in disbelief. "This magic is unlike the one we commonly use... it's more like a curse then a spell."
"Uhm... where's the difference?" Someone asks.
"Well, the difference is simply: everyone skilled enough can break a spell, but only the 'Curse-caster' can remove his curse!"
"So, for Talos to be returned to normal, they need to catch that guy, and bring him here?" Tycho asks.
"Exactly."
"Oh, damn. That's gonna be tough." Tycho replies. "Someone needs to go tell the others." He looks around the tavern, then steps outside. "Hey, you, little girl!" he calls.
The addressed girl looks up to him.
"Do you want to earn some money?" Moonshadow asks.
"Sure! How?"
Moonshadow quickly describes the way to the field, and tells the girl what to tell the quest members. The child nods and runs off.
Tycho turns to Moonshadow. "So what if they're already gone? What if they can't find the curse-caster? Or if they kill him? Is Talos gonna stay like this forever?" he asks worriedly.
Moonshadow sighs. "There is an other way -"
"So why don't you use it?"
"- but it is _very_ dangerous, and only poorly explored, and... let's just say I'd prefer not to use it, or to talk about it, ok? Besides, I'm not even sure if I am powerful enough to perform the ritual."
"But what if -"
"If they don't return with the curse- caster, I have to try..." She obviously feels uncomfortable talking about this. "I guess I'd better get some insight into the problem. Can you use magic, Tycho?"

------------------
- Ray Bradbury

[This message has been edited by Moonshadow (edited 07-02-2001).]

#121 User is offline   Tycho Maudd 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2001 - 03:02 PM

Of couse I can use magic!!!

Tycho Maudd

------------------
I say what occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things, more I cannot say.
How to use a tooth pick: Hold stick near center of its length. Moisten pointed end in mouth. Insert in tooth space, blunt end next to gum. Use gentle in-out motion.

This message brought to you by the Campaign to Save the Humans. We bid you farewell

#122 User is offline   Moonshadow 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2001 - 03:12 PM

"that's good, cause if worse comes to worst, I'm definately gonna need some help. Could you take care of Talos, please, while I'm off to Pnyx to consult the Headmaster, and hopefully get some useful information on this?"

------------------
- Ray Bradbury

#123 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2001 - 11:20 AM

Moonshadow locked the door behind her, using some "borrowed" keys from Talos, and hung a sign on the door that read "temporarily out of order."

Moonshadow slipped down the trail, heading to Pynx.

Several nights later, a group of thieves slipped into the dark and quiet tavern through a window. Once inside, the found the statue of Talos, but found he was too heavy for the three of them to carry. They slipped off and went to get help.

------------------

#124 User is offline   Tycho Maudd 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2001 - 01:13 PM

The half of Tycho still there (rember i'm spilt in two) looks around the Tavern thinking he heard something. He looks just in time to see the the thieves jump out the window. He mumers a spell and the thieves start to come back through the window but backward. The tycho make a statis field around them using more magic. Remebering he is the only person in the tavern, he walks over to the bar and fills a mug up with rum and sits back.

Tycho Maudd

------------------

#125 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2001 - 12:58 PM

A famillier figure walks into the tavern.

Then the figure remembers Talos and the curse. The person realizes this as he slams into the door and slumps to the ground unconscious.

------------------

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users