Ambrosia Software Web Board: How to dupe ALL items in yuor inventory at once. - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to dupe ALL items in yuor inventory at once.

#1 User is offline   Tycho Maudd 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 April 2001 - 03:19 PM

Hers how to dupe all the items in your inventory at once. first go to the second undine strong hold (the one that dissapers with out a certine ring) with out the ring that makes it appera on. save. walk out. put the ring on. walk back in and remove the ring. save. walk out anmd then back in still with ouut the ring on. revert to save. click ok. and boom ALL items in your and your party are duped. I call this a bug

Tycho Maudd

------------------
I say what occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things, more I cannot say.
How to use a tooth pick: Hold stick near center of its length. Moisten pointed end in mouth. Insert in tooth space, blunt end next to gum. Use gentle in-out motion.

This message brought to you by the Campaign to Save the Humans. We bid you farewell

#2 User is offline   Rogan 

• Lurker supreme
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2001 - 03:59 PM

Cool! Extra sets of gator boots to put on Hector and an Omen's Ring for Timon!

------------------
Insult of the month:
You are the fattest thing I've ever seen...and I've been on safari!
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room.

#3 User is offline   ferazel_09 

• lift your skinny fists like antennas in germany
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2001 - 10:21 PM

1 obsidion, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024! Heh heh. Posted Image

------------------
Quote ViaVoice, "Hal Cohen help build Satam sand scratch a flat surface scratches that some scratch that scratches that scratch facts scratcher wraked this scratched tax costs tax this. " :confused: Is this ViaVoiceian?
And we're never gonna tour again.

#4 User is offline   theKestrel 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2001 - 11:04 PM

Originally posted by Rogan:
Cool! Extra sets of gator boots to put on Hector and an Omen's Ring for Timon!

Woohoo! Posted Image Now maybe they won't get poisoned.... Posted Image

------------------
The peace that I search for eludes me. I search for it when the sun comes up, and the setting sun finds me the same. I do not know when I will find what I am looking for.
Growth through the Cross.

#5 User is offline   Tycho Maudd 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2001 - 12:26 AM

Um i just found smoething bad about this. Anyone you can talk to has thier items duped to. So that guard in Odemia would now have 2 maces if u use this. Hmm... Maybes thats NOT bad....

Tycho Maudd

------------------
I say what occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things, more I cannot say.
How to use a tooth pick: Hold stick near center of its length. Moisten pointed end in mouth. Insert in tooth space, blunt end next to gum. Use gentle in-out motion.

This message brought to you by the Campaign to Save the Humans. We bid you farewell

#6 User is offline   J.Ace21 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2001 - 02:24 AM

wasn't this found before? maybe not. oh well Posted Image

------------------
???
(This space left intentionally blank.)

#7 User is offline   Talos 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2001 - 03:42 PM

I seem to remember a similar duping-bug.... but it looks like you found that on your own, and that deserves credit.

------------------
<font color="gold">Bronze: the other gold metal.</font>
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url], [url="http://"http://users.erols.com/alkrauss/Once_Again.html"]Once Again: on the web.[/url]
Bacchus Freeware: Olympus Wars, a plugin for EV:N.
Bronze: the other gold metal.   ||   And so the space toaster hardened the outer layers of the doughy, ooey-gooey ancient Earth...
Bacchus Publishing: [url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/show.pl?product=evo&category=guides&display=date&file=ChroniclesByJake101.sit.hqx"]Chronicles by Jake101: the unposted chapters[/url].

#8 User is offline   Slayer 

• EX-Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2001 - 09:59 PM

Congratulations on finding the first new Cythera trick in quite a while. I haven't been able to duplicate it yet, but this is a major accomplishment.

------------------
Slayer's guide to Cythera:
[url="http://"http://www.macclassics.com/cythera/cythera.htm"]http://www.macclassi...era/cythera.htm[/url]
Slayer's guide to Cythera:
http://russell.stanb...ide/cythera.htm

#9 User is offline   J.Ace21 

• PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2001 - 02:03 AM

Originally posted by Talos:
I seem to remember a similar duping-bug.... but it looks like you found that on your own, and that deserves credit.

Now that i think about it the one that had been found before only duped a random few items... i think.

------------------
???
(This space left intentionally blank.)

#10 User is offline   Tycho Maudd 

• PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2001 - 04:09 PM

Hehe I know its hard to repeat this, when i first found it, it took me sevral hours to be able to repeat it. If you want to hear the story of it just ask!

Tycho Maudd

------------------

#11 User is offline   TIE187 

• PipPip

Posted 22 April 2001 - 07:40 PM

Found the duping topic Posted Image I found a bug like the Duper, and sent in a report that got a response, when Cythera first came out. The problem was that it duplicated everything, including your spells and skills in your abillities list. It sounds like the author fixed(?) it so the abillities don't get duplicated, but thats all? I would've used it too except the game looked and felt so glitchy. Anyways, ten minutes after registering, I actually beat it and was thoroughly disgusted that I didn't touch it till a week ago.

I'm starting a topic asking about where the rest of the Sapphire books are, and what the abillities of the odd helms and Omen's ring are.

------------------
"Treat animals just like they're people"
"But, we don't even treat people right."

#12 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

I know Sely frowns on gravedigging, and I know this topic has been dead for ten years, but hear me out.

About four years ago, Ooshmaster mentioned utilizing the "inventory duplicating trick" in this topic. Some time after that, I started wondering what that trick was. I asked everyone, but no one seemed to know. That's why I'm bumping this topic. Buzzy and I have both succeeded in duplicating our inventories using the directions described by Tycho Maudd. I think it's a really cool glitch because it's a way to replicate rare items (like the Sword of Heroes or the Ring of Resistance, for example), without using savefile hacking. Savefile hacking rocks too, I'm sure, but I could never figure out how to do it...

Using this glitch will duplicate every item in your inventory. If you have a chest full of items, you will have two chests each with identical items. It will duplicate every equipped item too - it is probable that this glitch will cause you & your followers to be over-equipped. As Tycho Maudd amended, this seems to duplicate the items in everyone's inventory's, not just yours and your followers'. It does not seem to duplicate every item in the game - only those carried by characters. I have not bothered to test it out thoroughly. And as TIE187 says in the final post before my grave-dig, this glitch does indeed duplicate all your spells and skills, making your skill list cumbersome.

Anyway, just thought the instructions for this glitch are worth re-sharing ^_^
I'll become even more undignified than this

#13 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

Now that 453's already gravedug the topic, I should add that it doesn't seem to be as complicated as Tycho Maudd makes it seem—I'm pretty sure I got it to work just by doing the last few steps. Also, it doesn't seem to double the effect of swords, shields, etc. The duplicated items are sorted rather oddly, I wound up with multiple piles of oboloi and was unable to merge them back together.

#14 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:10 AM

I tried omitting the first few steps, and ended up one-and-a-halving my inventory instead of doubling it.

#15 User is offline   Buzzzzy 

• ¯\ô_°/¯
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 27 July 2011 - 08:10 AM, said:

I tried omitting the first few steps, and ended up one-and-a-halving my inventory instead of doubling it.

Wait, so you have a fraction of a bunch of items, or it didn't duplicate some of them? :P

#16 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

Well, what happened is I duplicated my inventory, and then I wanted to duplicate it again, and I figured I could skip the first couple of steps because I was already in the fortress-no-ring zone. When I was done, instead of having four copies of everything like I expected, I had only three. Then I duplicated that so that I had six, then I skipped the first couple of steps and went through it again, and ended up with nine. I'm not sure how it would've worked out if I haven't duplicated first.

Before I did this, I wrote down Tycho Maudd's directions and divided them into ten steps to make it easier for myself to keep track of where I was. So this is exactly the same as Tycho Maudd's directions, but I think it's easier to read this way:
1. Enter the Tavara fortress zone without Tavara's ring on, so that the fortress does not appear.
2. Save the game.
3. Leave the zone.
4. Put on Tavara's ring.
5. Re-enter the Tavara fortress zone, this time the fortress will appear.
6. Remove Tavara's ring.
7. Save the game.
8. Leave the zone.
9. Re-enter the Tavara zone, the fortress will not appear.
10. Revert to saved.

I suspect Buzzy's probably right that there's a simpler way to do it, but I have no idea how.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users