Ambrosia Software Web Board: Technical Development - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Technical Development

#51 User is offline   Skyfox 

• Savage
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 July 2003 - 04:02 AM

Eh, bigger Sal CD sent on its way. Sorry I took so much time getting around to it.

Juggling a Social life, XC running, Job, College Search, and Graphic Design is NOT easy. Especialy when your not a type A person... Man! summer is almost over...

------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein
"Not even time to finish my cake?"
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

- Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

#52 User is offline   Guest182 

Posted 04 August 2003 - 12:32 PM

I offer my services to you, LCA. Contact me on GR or e-mail me at argon_lazer@hotmail.com.

I specialize in weapons, mission programming...etc. But no graphics plz, I'm a terrible artist.

------------------
Beware the fury of a patient man.
------------------
Guest182, your average, everyday visitor.

#53 User is offline   Lord Commander Anic 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2003 - 07:29 PM

LCA wakes up, having been caught asleep on the job again...
Dusts off cobwebs.

Hmmm, a voulenteer!
Your services will be invaluable. We are doing very well with ship sprites.

These are the contracts still available:
If you can help with any of them that would be great!

Contract 002:
A point defence beam weapon, (short range, like that of the Bazidanese battleship, but with a range of about 1.5 ship lengths) that takes the form of a circle
which expands out from the ship damaging/destroying anything it contacts. It therefore fires in all directions simultaneously. It would use a medium amount of energy. It is intended as a defense against missiles.
Contract 003:
Engine Development: A ship, cruiser class, capable of only one hyper jump (again one per speces), can use existing sprites.
Contract 004:
Cruise Missile System.
A longtime project of mine. The one I use in "It's War" is based on a ship template, and is more or less a modified ship. It is based on the "Dreadnought Missile" concept as seen in an episode of ST Voyager. The one in "It's War" only functions manually, and an AI ship will use it like a fighter.
What is needed is a true Cruise Missile System where the AI ships or Stations armed with it will use it as an offensive weapon at ultra long range (say half the width of a scenario map space), or at normal ranges as is needed. It also needs to work as it does, to be a launchable targetable fighter-like device that the player can send against a specific target. I messed about with this for a while, and got a mess !
Also, it would be nice to improve the accuracy of the missile.

Contract 006:
A Long Range missile system for use on space bases. Needs to target ships at a quarter of the width of a scenario.

----------

------------------
Oh, so it is another bug hunt then...

#54 User is offline   Guest182 

Posted 05 August 2003 - 11:38 PM

Contract 002:
A point defence beam weapon, (short range, like that of the Bazidanese battleship, but with a range of about 1.5 ship lengths) that takes the form of a circle
which expands out from the ship damaging/destroying anything it contacts. It therefore fires in all directions simultaneously. It would use a medium amount of energy. It is intended as a defense against missiles.

I don't think it's possible to create static beams (like trazers) that point in a specific direction. I'll have to tinker around with it...

Contract 003:
Engine Development: A ship, cruiser class, capable of only one hyper jump (again one per speces), can use existing sprites.

Errk. That is quite difficult. I'd have to mess with the ship and such.

Contract 004:
Cruise Missile System.
A longtime project of mine. The one I use in "It's War" is based on a ship template, and is more or less a modified ship. It is based on the "Dreadnought Missile" concept as seen in an episode of ST Voyager. The one in "It's War" only functions manually, and an AI ship will use it like a fighter.
What is needed is a true Cruise Missile System where the AI ships or Stations armed with it will use it as an offensive weapon at ultra long range (say half the width of a scenario map space), or at normal ranges as is needed. It also needs to work as it does, to be a launchable targetable fighter-like device that the player can send against a specific target. I messed about with this for a while, and got a mess !
Also, it would be nice to improve the accuracy of the missile.

Easy. A cruise missile is basically a "ship." You can make it so that the AI can command the missile to attack different targets. As for accuracy, improve its thrust, speed, turning, etc.

Contract 006:
A Long Range missile system for use on space bases. Needs to target ships at a quarter of the width of a scenario.

Make the age high - very high. However, I don't know any way to make the missile target ships at a quarter the width of a scenario in every scenario. I would have to go in and re-program Hera or something. Not even our expert Pallas Athene knows how.

------------------
------------------

#55 User is offline   Lord Commander Anic 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2003 - 11:29 AM

Hmm, I see, so you're in for contracts 2,3,4 then.
I love a hard worker! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

------------------

#56 User is offline   Guest182 

Posted 06 August 2003 - 08:13 PM

I'm afraid some of these are... "impossible." LOL Posted Image Posted Image

------------------
------------------

#57 User is offline   Guest182 

Posted 09 August 2003 - 10:45 PM

Contract 002: It's simply NOT possible. The best I can do is make beams in a random spread pattern (only when enemy targets are near.)

------------------
------------------

#58 User is offline   Lord Commander Anic 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2003 - 01:59 PM

That'll be Contracts 3 and 4 then...

------------------

#59 User is offline   Skyfox 

• Savage
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2003 - 03:12 PM

Contract 2 is possible. You're just are approaching it wrong. /Mails LCA a file showing how it works.

------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Skyfox (edited 08-12-2003).]
"Not even time to finish my cake?"
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

- Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

#60 User is offline   Mag Steelglass 

• fogey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2003 - 01:26 PM

It seems to me that if you were to make it a self-animating pulse that looked like a circular beam, with the sprite getting larger and larger, it'd work.

------------------
"Humans are hicks."
- Paff's Law
It explains so much...

#61 User is offline   Lord Commander Anic 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2003 - 05:02 PM

Originally posted by Mag Steelglass:
It seems to me that if you were to make it a self-animating pulse that looked like a circular beam, with the sprite getting larger and larger, it'd work.

Um, so you'll be taking on contract 002 also then by the sounds of it.... Posted Image

------------------

#62 User is offline   prophile 

• A Sad Panda
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2003 - 05:31 PM

Er... Just Refreshing the topic.
You can make an interesting missile defence system by creating a static beam that has a 'Die Destroy' action on it's target when it collides but with the 'Is Guided' inclusive filter set. This way it can do any amount of damage to ships but will shoot down guided missiles and aomic pulses,

If this plug is still in development, can I volunteer? No graphics but I can provide actions and weapons.

EDIT: Added last paragraph
------------------
Vast__

[This message has been edited by Agent_Vast (edited 12-26-2003).]
"I'm against human cloning. Also against identical twins." -mrxak

"We don't live to work. We live to live, work is just something that we have to do to live." -Chamrin

#63 User is offline   Lord Commander Anic 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2003 - 01:19 PM

Hey, someone's revived my dead topic!
(Cleans the dust off "plug box" and opens it...)
Yes, we here all love volunteers (heh) Posted Image

Contracts which still needing filling:

All the necessary ship sprites are done, I just need the weapons and other systems.
Any help would be appreciated. Beta testers will be required too, when the thing is ready.

My e-mail is down at the moment, so you can get me on this new e-mail address: lcanic42k DELETETHISBIT @eircom.net

Welcome aboard Soldier!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lord Commander Anic (edited 01-11-2004).]

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users