• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AE - Ship related

#76 User is offline   Joveia 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 September 2001 - 12:38 AM

Pallas, at the moment, the only person thinking of kicking you off the project is you.

We're using my ship classes, other than that, feel free to help. Oh yes, and we'll brook no more hostile behaviour.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
There are only 3 kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't.

#77 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2001 - 06:18 AM

Originally posted by Joveia:
Pallas, at the moment, the only person thinking of kicking you off the project is you.

I interpreted Slug's posts quite to the contrary - to me, most of what he's said amounts to me being unwelcome to post in here. Can't we can agree that any member is entitled to a little input? Law of Contrapositive:
If I am a member, then I am Welcome.
If I am not Welcome, then I am not a member.
He's also stated specifically that he doesn't want any help from me. If he didn't mean to kick me off the project, then I'll apologize, but to me the evidence seems to mount in the other direction.

I have to ask you why you're so dead set on your own ship classes, however. If you would, at least add the Engineering Pod on to your list; I love those things and they already are standardized for half of the races.

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"I fail to see the humor in that situation, Doctor."
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchforkŅ"

[This message has been edited by Pallas Athene (edited 09-10-2001).]

#78 User is offline   spacecowboy 

• PipPip

Posted 10 September 2001 - 06:27 PM

Gentlemen, PLEASE! Can't we be a bit more civil about this entire affair?
Also, I need to make a change to what I said in my previous post:
When I said storywriter, I meant mission editor. I can do anything and everything - and very well - but graphics, because I don't have a 3D graphics program, and can't find a good one that's cheap (i.e. $20). And yes, I'm still asking if I can be in on this thing, out of sheer curiosity and because I think I can help.

------------------
"Only In America/Where We Dream In Red White & Blue/Only In America/Where We Dream As Big As We Want To/Only In America/"
-- Brooks & Dunn, "Only In America"
Suddenly, the little scoutship disappeared and then reappeared right behind the alien warfleet. The gravitic ship's captain hailed the armada. "You are going to be destroyed, but I will give you a choice as to how you want to spend eternity: big pieces, little pieces, or quarks?"
Dead silence.
"Quarks it is, then."

#79 User is offline   spacecowboy 

• PipPip

Posted 11 September 2001 - 03:51 PM

For those of you who have not been watching the news, the Pentagon has a 150-foot-wide hole in the South side, and the World Trade Center is no more.
Both are due to terrorist attacks. We are currently unsure to whom this is due.
The WTC was operating at capacity, meaning there were approximately 60,000 souls in the buildings at the time of the attack.
There is an unconfirmed count of 34 dead due to the Pentagon attack.
Although I am usually not a very religious fellow, I feel I must refer you to the 23rd Psalm:
"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodnes and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."
God Bless Us All, and God Bless America.

------------------
"Only In America/Where We Dream In Red White & Blue/Only In America/Where We Dream As Big As We Want To/Only In America/"
Suddenly, the little scoutship disappeared and then reappeared right behind the alien warfleet. The gravitic ship's captain hailed the armada. "You are going to be destroyed, but I will give you a choice as to how you want to spend eternity: big pieces, little pieces, or quarks?"
Dead silence.
"Quarks it is, then."

#80 User is offline   spacecowboy 

• PipPip

Posted 13 September 2001 - 09:08 AM

I apologize for the triple-post, but I feel I need to say something to both Joveia and Pallas Athene:
You two are acting like two-year-olds! How much do the ship class NUMBERS actually MATTER??? NOTHING!!! It takes quite a lot for me to laugh at anybody for something I've never done, but I'm rolling on the floor at you guys! The class numbers only matter for 800 and 850, the Standard Transport and the Engineering Pod, respectively! You could make something class number 800 and call it a Heavy Destroyer, and it would still act just like a Standard Transport! The only thing that matters to anybody but the editors/writers of the plug are the ship NAMES, not their NUMBERS! Even if you have 5 people working on the plug, and you ONLY have 500 people download it (waaaaaay lower than what I figure the actual figure'll be), you still have a player/writer ratio of one hundred to one! What really matters are the ship NAMES!
[edit] I wish to apologize for the rather flame-ish and insulting nature of this post, but it's the truth. I realize I wasn't in my normal diplomatic mood at the time I wrote it, and I also realize I should've put it off until I was. [edit]
------------------

[This message has been edited by spacecowboy (edited 09-14-2001).]
Dead silence.
"Quarks it is, then."

#81 User is offline   Joveia 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2001 - 01:49 AM

Brookeview or whoever it was complemented you on the nature of your earlier posts, posts the wisdom of are not reflected in your rambling.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
There are only 3 kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't.

#82 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2001 - 02:05 PM

I admit that the _majority_ of what we're disagreeing on are numbers (Italicized in the lists I posted) but there are 4+ ship classes whose very existence differs in our lists (Bold)

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchforkŅ"

#83 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2001 - 02:10 PM

Close topic and start a new one.

------------------

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users