Ambrosia Software Web Board: While I'm on the subject... #2 - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

While I'm on the subject... #2

#51 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 September 2001 - 08:45 PM

Notes: The UESG henceforth will be referred to as the "Unified Earth Space Guard." I've decided that it's the most accurate name for the military after reading on the Marathon's Story Page.

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"I fail to see the humor in that situation, Doctor."
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchforkŅ"

#52 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2001 - 08:08 PM

I looked into the Bar section of the restaurant I went to today - and here's what I saw:

"YOUR NEW BARTENDERS ARE BLAKE, ROB, AND BOB"

That's just too similar to be a coincidence.

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchforkŅ"

#53 User is offline   spacecowboy 

• PipPip

Posted 19 September 2001 - 07:42 PM

Would someone mind explaining to me what exactly M:Inv is? I'd really like to know, out of sheer curiosity.

------------------
"Only In America/Where We Dream In Red White & Blue/Only In America/Where We Dream As Big As We Want To/Only In America/"
-- Brooks & Dunn, "Only In America"
Suddenly, the little scoutship disappeared and then reappeared right behind the alien warfleet. The gravitic ship's captain hailed the armada. "You are going to be destroyed, but I will give you a choice as to how you want to spend eternity: big pieces, little pieces, or quarks?"
Dead silence.
"Quarks it is, then."

#54 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2001 - 08:04 PM

Have you player the Marathon Series (any)?

If not, it might not even be worth explaining.

------------------

#55 User is offline   spacecowboy 

• PipPip

Posted 21 September 2001 - 07:29 AM

Sorry, Pallas. I'm sure I'm out of the loop here, but no, I've never played the Marathon series. I believe you're talking about the really famous net game that's out there, but that didn't exactly look like a space adventure game - looked like a RPG shoot-em-up. So I'm not too sure I even know what you're talking about. Posted Image

------------------
"Only In America/Where We Dream In Red White & Blue/Only In America/Where We Dream As Big As We Want To/Only In America/"
-- Brooks & Dunn, "Only In America"
Suddenly, the little scoutship disappeared and then reappeared right behind the alien warfleet. The gravitic ship's captain hailed the armada. "You are going to be destroyed, but I will give you a choice as to how you want to spend eternity: big pieces, little pieces, or quarks?"
Dead silence.
"Quarks it is, then."

#56 User is offline   Joveia 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2001 - 03:54 AM

Go to the Marathon story page. Even if you haven't played Marathon, it's a fantastic insight into a universe quite unique.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
There are only 3 kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users