Ambrosia Software Web Board: While I'm on the subject... #2 - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

While I'm on the subject... #2

#26 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 July 2001 - 03:50 PM

Well, I think carriers might be the only ships that A) have transporters and :P do not land, but I'm not discounting the possibilities that Sarg/Pallas will do wierd things with either category.
Oh, and my parents seem to have problems with the "staying up until 3AM" idea. I'll invest in a deadbolt for my room and see what I can do.

------------------
Formerly-Rampant Human-Coded AI
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

Onii7/Frinkruds and his funky forums
macgamer.net

#27 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2001 - 03:55 PM

ARRIVE ACTION:
Alter BaseType to xxxxx (ColShip without elite capability)
LandAt 32

What technical difficulties? :}

Of course, if you have your ColShip start landing, and stop it loses its elites, but I don't consider that a huge problem (I mean, if you give up a new colony, it's an adequate punishment for doing such a stupid thing)

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"I fail to see the humor in that situation, Doctor."
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork……"

#28 User is offline   Count Altair El Alemein 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2001 - 04:03 AM

Just how old are you Darkk? Evidently we can't talk for 30 seconds without arguing, so don't bother.

Pallas: When are you coming back from your camp?

#29 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2001 - 12:24 PM

*slaps self*
In any case, I'm not sure colships should have elites. It would be easy to make these suckers over-powerful very quickly.

------------------
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

macgamer.net

#30 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2001 - 07:00 PM

I know it could make them too powerful, but we could decrease shields. I want them there for accuracy, and I have a *very* good argument. You.

I'll be back Saturday Afternoon EST.

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork……"

#31 User is offline   Count Altair El Alemein 

• PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2001 - 02:13 AM

Originally posted by Pallas Athene:
I know it could make them too powerful, but we could decrease shields. I want them there for accuracy, and I have a *very* good argument. You.

Please explain this comment.

#32 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2001 - 02:14 AM

Colony ships with elites, SIR!
I'm all over it.

------------------

macgamer.net

#33 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2001 - 11:33 PM

Okay, I've put elites on the colony ships of 3/4 races.
The other race has no teleporters at all yet, but will get some soon™.

Oh, one thing about the teleporters taking over stations - if the station has undergone "neutral death", it will be unhittable (bad), and thus un-take-overable. Ergo, M:Inv stations should NOT use neutral death.

Also, instead of using a bit31 filter to prevent teleps from damaging planets, I think we should just see if having planets have -1 shields makes them invincable. I'll check it out tonite - if it works, we can simplify our actions a great deal. Also, it will fix the potential problem of "other ships blowing the f*** out of planets".

BTW, any idea where we could get sounds? Sarg never told me about Zeta's reaction to my request.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fleet Admiral Darkk (edited 07-23-2001).]

macgamer.net

#34 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2001 - 09:02 AM

CA: You are a marine... from a colony ship. If ColShips didn't have elites, the Pfhor would rule the galaxy by now.

That's right… Ares uses an arrive action, but with teleporters it doesn't "arrive."

What about "doesn't die when destroyed" with no destroy action? I can't see how a planet would die under those circumstances… if given 0 shields it would be indistinguishable.

Also, just to make sure, make it so that only ColShips/AsltCarrs/Dreads attack planets; and only colonized planets.

I'll downsample my Launch sounds and send them to you. I've got #1 marked out for the UESG, but you have your choice of the other 6.

------------------

#35 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2001 - 01:13 AM

Launch sounds for fighters or teleporters?
Teleporters all have the same sound, no matter
who made them, so they should just use the "teleport"
sound.

------------------

macgamer.net

#36 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2001 - 08:22 AM

Teleps should just be extracted from one of te Trilogy (I've got it extracted; I'll send it to you)

The launch sounds are for fighters.

[Sent]

------------------

#37 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2001 - 12:32 PM

I've got the teleporter sounds already from your test file.
In any case, I can't seem to open the launch sounds - they have no resource forks for ResEdit, and my computer doesn't know what application made them.

What application DID make them?

------------------

macgamer.net

#38 User is offline   Count Altair El Alemein 

• PipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2001 - 01:20 AM

Originally posted by Pallas Athene:
CA: You are a marine... from a colony ship. If ColShips didn't have elites, the Pfhor would rule the galaxy by now.

Is the 'CA:' a reference to me at all? If it is, you might want to explain what that means...

#39 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2001 - 08:52 AM

CA = Count Altair
"You" in the general sense of the player. Haven't you played Marathon?

------------------

#40 User is offline   Count Altair El Alemein 

• PipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2001 - 01:49 AM

Well, yes I have. But I never asked about Colony ships, elites and so I was (and rightly so!) confused.

Come on GR at 3 am both of you!!!!!!

Actually, I might be scheduled to be sick tomorrow, so ipso facto I will come on GR at lunch, so stay on all day!

#41 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2001 - 06:20 PM

Trooper recharging:
250 ticks is too long, in my opinion. (12.5 seconds)
Considering that Asltcarrs have 50, it would take 25*12.5 = 312.5 seconds = >6 minutes to recharge the half. I would say that about 4 minutes would be right (=240 seconds = ~25*10; 200 ticks).

------------------

#42 User is offline   Count Altair El Alemein 

• PipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2001 - 10:20 AM

You should post a 'brief introduction to the marathon' post to attract more people to your website/advertise your plugin.

#43 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2001 - 07:43 PM

Well, although some people may not be familiar with the Nar/Nebulons/Vylae, I'm pretty sure that most mac gamers have heard of the Pfhor/S'pht/Jjaro and will at least know the Marathon symbol (UESG Emblem)

------------------

#44 User is offline   Count Altair El Alemein 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2001 - 04:21 AM

According to Darkk, more than 90% of the story is made up by you. I for one would like to hear some of the Ares-ised things you've done.

And if the problem is you not knowing the levels because Sargatanus hasn't told you any of it, then I suggest sending him a strongly written email. How long has the Marathon project been going on after all?

You should also post some more of your pictures in the EV gallery, like I'm currently doing. Advertising an Ares plugin where previously non-ares players go all the time, might also advertise Ares.

#45 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2001 - 10:13 AM

Aresized things? The Story is made up, but for each of the races we've tried to be as true as possible to the original.

There are better ways to advertise Ares in my opinion. I'll see if I can get one of them running... in a couple weeks time

------------------

#46 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2001 - 05:54 PM

Current status of M:Inv: D'oh!

I'm in double period calc h___. (Translation - 2 years worth of calc homework)
That's in addition to English, Spanish, and all my other electives (no social studies or science needed senior year is a wonderful thing, no?).

I haven't been able to work on much of anything, and I haven't heard from Sarg or Pallas either.

[Edit]
I forgot to say I plan to rectify this situation as soon as I can, and put in some work on fixing the Jjaro.
[/Edit]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fleet Admiral Darkk (edited 08-30-2001).]

macgamer.net

#47 User is offline   Count Altair El Alemein 

• PipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2001 - 08:49 AM

Spanish eh? That's a nice language, or so I hear. I must admit, I can think of more useful ones...

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.

#48 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2001 - 07:33 PM

At present I'm reworking the UESG Cruiser; I think it's near done and will post a pic of it before I finalize it and release to the Graphics Contest.

------------------

#49 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2001 - 11:52 PM

Current status: Temporarily F---ed.

I'm not going to get much if any M:Inv work done until I finish the college admissions essays. That should be by December. Ah well, maybe Sarg will finish the plot by then, and I won't be working on this in college [/sarcasm, I hope]

------------------

macgamer.net

#50 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2001 - 09:00 PM

Note that you never started the Sarcasm tag, only ended it. Uh-oh...

It's almost done, but I've been doing absolutely nothing the whole summer in terms of non-enjoyable work, and now I have the most advanced academics available... I'm less screwed, but not too far behind.

------------------

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users