Ambrosia Software Web Board: Who else thinks the "bio" crap stinks? - Ambrosia Software Web Board

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who else thinks the "bio" crap stinks?

#1 User is offline   Aithon 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 March 2000 - 12:49 AM

Alright. I've just about had it up to the figurative "here" with this bio crap. You either agree with me, agree with me and add a parody, or just die. Those are your only options.

This post has been edited by Aithon: 12 November 2006 - 01:41 PM

#2 User is offline   Aithon 

• Pip

Posted 03 March 2000 - 01:01 AM

This, by the way, is what I mean by a parody:

My name is Cicion. I was born and have lived all my life in a cave. My life is my computer. My computer is my life. (hymn: BOW DOWN TO THE ALMIGHTY COMPUTER AND PRAAAAA-AAAAAY). I like to pretend that I am have the strength of an Audemon, instead of the strength of the skinny wimp that I really am. If I saw a bench-press, I wouldn't know what to do with it. (hymn: IGNORANCE IS BLIII-ISSSS... PHYSICAL STRENGTH IS REALLY WEEEEAKNEEEEEESSSS). Now I am commander of the 1st and last Grolk fleet, which consists of just me. Just remember, it's COMMANDER, not Admiral.

#3 User is offline   Adzara 

• Pip

Posted 03 March 2000 - 06:16 AM

Explain in more detail what you mean by bio crap. I am ignorant of this.

------------------
"How can i make it go faster"? -Me-

#4 User is offline   Aithon 

• Pip

Posted 03 March 2000 - 11:44 AM

Check out http://www.AmbrosiaS...000023.htmlthis link</a>, and you'll see what I mean. This thread has spilled onto at least three others, including the officer's club bar, which, in and of its self, is pretty cool, but with these "characters" is nothing short of a gradeschool playground.

This post has been edited by Aithon: 12 November 2006 - 01:42 PM

#5 User is offline   Adzara 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2000 - 06:18 AM

Yeah it does piss me off to. Here is my life: I'm an ordinary schoolkid with no Space Fleets or any crap like that, I live in the (WOW) 21st century, and i am bored. I am also pissed off. Have a nice day.

------------------

#6 User is offline   The Anon 

Posted 07 March 2000 - 01:45 PM

Finally someone (in this case Adzara) realizes that we live in 21st century and that we control starfleets and stuff only in dreams and in Ares (love the game).

Yeah… I´m also pretty dang bored, my life (what life I only excist) kinda sucks and I´m a game addict (shouldn´t someone start Anonymous Game Addicts society?!? Maby not. games kick *ss). And I think that most of us should get a life (or LIFE [a real *normal* life whatever that is]).

Ofcourse I am not intending to offend anyone in any way, but living in a dream is not really a life. Unfortunately that may be quite hard these days (in this world anyway).

Hmm…………… I think I´ll be a shrink someday (NYAHHH!!! Posted Image ) I am not going to tell all my philosophies on this matter (atleast on this webboard but anyway).

Have a nice day (*life*) I´m confused again with that life again… Posted Image

------------------
Strange… just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field… but now I feel quite cold… And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?

#7 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2000 - 06:28 PM

21st century? No, my friends, this is still the 20th. Delete your reply, wait until next year, and reply again.

------------------
Once caalaklael, now Pallas Athene
---
Athena, daughter and favorite of Zeus, half sister of Ares, goddess of wisdom and war

#8 User is offline   Adzara 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2000 - 10:15 PM

Perfectionist nit picker. 20th 21st century whats the difference. It was still a hell of a party.

------------------

#9 User is offline   Aithon 

• Pip

Posted 09 March 2000 - 12:27 AM

Well, buck up, Anon. There are plenty of pleasant things to accompany the painful ones out there in the real world. You just have to look harder.

Here's what I want you to do. Leave your computer alone for a day. Do something fun that you couldn't ordinarily do at home by yourself. Take a hike, ask a girl out, go bowling, take photographs, whatever. Please? It's depressing to here your pseudo-philisophical mumbo-jumbo about the unpleasentness of life.

I want your new motto to be: Carpe Diem! Say it out loud! Carpe Diem! I'm saying it to my computer screen right now. And just to set an example, I'm getting in contact with a friend right now, and I'm going to arrange to play some croquet tomorrow.

#10 User is offline   Adzara 

• Pip

Posted 09 March 2000 - 05:56 AM

Or, ho about "carpe jugulum"? Go for the throat. Anyone know how to say "take it by the balls" Maybe it's "carpe testiculum". COOOL!!

------------------

#11 User is offline   The Anon 

Posted 09 March 2000 - 12:33 PM

Do ya people know that we Finns have a bit different way to see centuries: to us it is the 20th century, but it still means the same 21th century as in English speeking countries, and it ain´t weird at all.

But anyway it could be year 5555 for all I care (in heptary system year 2000 is 5555) Or 11111010001 in binary, 2202002 in triary, 2662 in enneary, 133100 in quadrary and so on. Who cares it´s just a bunch of numbers anyway.

------------------
Strange… just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field… but now I feel quite cold… And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?

#12 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2000 - 09:24 PM

Only 3 words propperly describe Aithon: Stick up . Let people have actual fun. Just because we like to do a little online roleplaying, all of a sudden means we should be in an insane asylum? Go !!!!!!!!

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

Onii7/Frinkruds and his funky forums
macgamer.net

#13 Guest_Admiral Sargatanus_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 March 2000 - 09:43 PM

Don't be too harsh, I actually agree with him, but only to a certain point. You see, there's no limit to the absurdity that the roleplaying can lead to. I try to limit myself and may have been a little too ambitious/generous with my character, But I do like where some of the stories go, whereas Aithon seems to be opposed to the whole idea. But if you think his angle is wrong or his level too low, then don't sink down to it by claiming one opinion superior to the other, or by childish taunting, flaming, or name calling (which is one of his traits I dislike). Actually, now that I think about it, some of it is Ok when aplied to someone like Xyrus or Rebel, but they provoked the attacks on them.

------------------
"…Throught their history, these 'unenlightened' beings have continually organized to opposed the injustices and attrocities committed by their bretheran in power. We, as the prophets, would do well to learn from these humans."
-Final statement of Salrilian reformist Sirthis before his execution.

#14 User is offline   Aithon 

• Pip

Posted 10 March 2000 - 01:20 AM

Darkk: The phrase "stick up" consists of two words, not three.

If any of you are under the impression that I have a life, you are wrong. If any of you have the impression that I think you belong in an insane asylum, you are wrong. If you think that I'm saying that we all need a breath of fresh air - BINGO! Who wants to be a millionaire?!

You all take my "childish" taunting too seriously (and it is taunting, no more, no less). Back in the old board, people complained about this section and wanted to see it torn down. Trash talk, "let the shrapnel fly", was that not the description? Did I read it incorrectly? Can't take the heat, Darkk? I wasn't even talking to you! IF YOU WANT HEAT, DARKK, I CAN GIVE IT TO YOU. IF YOU CAN'T TAKE IT, _YOU_ GET OUT!.

So now you ask: What was Aithon talking about in the first place? Why was he so tired of seeing this "bio" stuff, anyway? I'll tell you why. I've been there. I've done that. It was called Star Trek, and I was a Freshman. I was obsessed. I'm still a trekkie, but I no longer have the time to write a poorly-written, inarticulate, boring, immature, 5+ page "biography" on my fictional character for a game/TV Show whose creator isn't even aware that I exist. Trust me, I've been down that road. Don't go down it. There's nothing there but isolation.

And I wonder why I was never considered for moderator... Posted Image

Well, there's my diatribe. Now that you understand the meaning of trash talk, you are welcome to return fire.

But before you fire off your angry response, consider this statement: People around here do not care to read very carefully. They are simply waiting for an opportunity to put their own two cents in. If you're going to respond to this statement, at least do us both the favor of actualy reading (and when I mean reading, I mean reading) what I've written.

#15 User is offline   Adzara 

• Pip

Posted 10 March 2000 - 06:09 AM

Let's go Aiathon. Aiathon and Adzara vs the two admirals. My gatori and your whatevers vs Daark's Audemon and the othe ones whatever. Let's ride bitches...
OOOORRRRR maybe not... Role playing is okay to a certain extent (Ahhhh the rush of flying an adzara...) but it can go to far.. GATORI HEAVI DESTROYERS RULE!!!!

------------------

#16 User is offline   Newt 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2000 - 08:20 PM

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Role Playing games. I'm even working on making one based on the Ares universe, because it's so in depth (talk to Grammaticus on GR sometime... very cool stuff. The work he's put into this universe makes star trek look half assed.) However, I'm going to agree with Aithon on some points on this one.

Largely, this isn't roleplaying. Mostly, it's "My ancient empire's (which doesn't actually exist in the game,) armada can kick your ancient non-existant empire's armada's ass. Very few people have actually given any information on their characters, other than "I saved the universe X many times, and I belong to this ancient empire."

Roleplaying can be very cool. But this isn't my idea of roleplaying. Dialogue should be more than "this is almost on par with MY tech," and "Let's go kick some salrilain ass." INteraction should be more than "Such and such's armada flies off to kick some salrilian ass."

Sorry people, but I'm not posting in the bar again.

------------------
Lewis,
save yourself the pain,
you'll never get there.
-Radiohead, "Lewis (Mistreated.)"
So I don't feel alone, or the weight of the stone,
Now that I've found somewhere safe To bury my bones.
And any fool knows a dog needs a home,
A shelter from pigs on the wing.
-Pink Floyd, Pigs on the Wing (pt. 2)

#17 User is offline   Aithon 

• Pip

Posted 11 March 2000 - 04:37 PM

Newt's got a good point. I have no qualms with role playing. Role playing is fine. In role playing there are rules, and your deeds and attributes are limited by the roll of the dice. In the bar, there are no rules. You can make up whatever you want. I guess that sounds cool at first, but it often comes in conflict with someone elses infinite power.

I love the bar, but it's turned into more of the same. Why can't people just drop in, share a joke, get rowdy, have a drink, etc.? Why can't it be more like the old RAF officers' clubs back in WWII instead of some badly written sci-fi story?

This post has been edited by Aithon: 12 November 2006 - 01:43 PM

#18 User is offline   Commander Cicion 

• Pip

Posted 12 March 2000 - 11:35 AM

Watch it, Aithon. If you're going to give an example of exaggerated roleplaying, do NOT use a real person here to demonstrate. Make up some name if you're going to use an example. If you specifically go after certain people, you will be chased by a band of torch-weilding villagers out of the forums. Do NOT continue to act like this, or the consequences will catch up with you VERY fast.

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Phylydion Primary Armada

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo
Commander Cicion, commander of Phylydion Primary Armada

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

#19 User is offline   Pallas Athene 

• Lame space monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2000 - 04:14 PM

Just an idea here...
Base your boasts on things you actually did during a game. When Hera comes out, you could specifically engineer a level to repeat those certain circumstances and see if you could do what you said you did.
As I said, just an idea...

------------------
Once caalaklael, now Pallas Athene
---
Athena, daughter and favorite of Zeus, half sister of Ares, goddess of wisdom and war

#20 User is offline   Aithon 

• Pip

Posted 12 March 2000 - 11:08 PM

Cicion,

Oh, that was supposed to scare me? Oh, I'm sorry, yes, I'll be scared.

SOMEONE SAVE ME! The idle threats of a pseudo-elitist are making me quake in my boots! Yes, I am fearing the wrath of the nerds' Elks club, and its leader, Cicion, who has not responded to the very goddamn points that his own "villagers" brought up!!!

Tsk tsk. You have much to learn about the concept of trash talk, Cicion.

Tell me something: Can you read? If you can't trash talk (or flame), please do us all the favor of reading the entire thread before responding so you can bring something relevant to the discussion, or at least look like you've gleaned some information from what we've said.

What I meant by "Elks club" was that you are trying to establish an exclusive clique that is full of tradition, inside-jokes, and discussions that require a frame of reference and context only available to seasoned folks like you and me. Why would you do such a thing? Why would you want to snub the newbies (as you have been since I've been watching you, starting in November)? Because Ares and the web board is your life, and you're too selfish to share it with anyone new. There's only room for you and a select group of people like Darkk.

I'll give you a chance to repent for your glaring error: Respond to the following challenge.

Do not post anywhere on this web board for precisely 31 days and I will do the same. This contest will begin at the precise moment after you accept. If you are unable to meet this challenge (and thus lose the contest), or if you ignore this post, I will retain my opinion of your character, which is that you are an immature snot. If I cannot meet the challenge (and thus lose the contest), then light the torches and kick my sorry ass off the web board. If we can both remain celibate, so to speak, then my hat is off to you, and I will never slight you again.

E-mails do not count, so if you accept and desire a clarification on the rules, send me one and I shall enlighten you.

#21 User is offline   Fleet Admiral Darkk 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2000 - 11:15 PM

The web board deleted word 3. I think you can guess it. I think you should just let us have fun. I am not saying you are crazy, I am saying "let us have fun". You don't have the right to make us stop enjoying ourselves. Out of curiosity, do you work for some beaurocracy or military (no disrespect intended)?

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

Onii7/Frinkruds and his funky forums
macgamer.net

#22 User is offline   Aithon 

• Pip

Posted 12 March 2000 - 11:30 PM

Darkk,

I see. Now your insult makes sense. I assume you were referring to an object protruding from my anus? I suppose I get that way sometimes, and at least you know how to trash talk. No, I do not work for the military, and I am not a beurocrat, at least, if I was, I couldn't tell you anything about it...

No, in all honesty, just as my info states, I am but a simple high school senior who does not have the right to take away your fun. On the other hand, I DO have the right to remind you of how unstructured it is. There are better ways of having fun, you know.

#23 User is offline   Aithon 

• Pip

Posted 13 March 2000 - 10:43 PM

I'M WAITING, CICION.

#24 User is offline   The Anon 

Posted 14 March 2000 - 01:56 PM

If anyone want's to debate about roleplaying debate with me. I really think that roleplaying is somewhat Posted Image and you can get rid of your Posted Image and Posted Image and you can be anyone without Posted Image . But sometimes people who have not tried roleplaying might be a little Posted Image or even Posted Image about it.

The Smiley Man again… read that Posted Image
Hey I just didn't bother to write down all the things, so now these words are in the form of a Smiley Posted Image

------------------
H-Cruiser?!?

#25 User is offline   Sundered Angel 

• Invigilator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 March 2000 - 12:29 AM

You know, trash talk really seems to be the correct name for this forum. Scanning through this topic alone, that is the general impression I get.

FLAMING IS NOT WHAT THIS WEBBOARD IS FOR.

That said, I have a few comments to add:

1) Commander Cicion himself raised a topic related to this one in the officer's club not that long ago. His subject? Characters being too unrestrained. Sound hypocritical? He even admitted that. But from then on I've noticed he's tried to tone down a little.

2) I think a challenge to stay off this board 31 days is unnecassery and pointless. Personally, I wouldn't accept it (And Aithon: As you are fully aware i at least have a life in the real world). Why deny myself the fun this place can bring, even if it can get annoyingly over-the-top at times?

3) Role-playing, as an unfair generalisation, is done by nerds and nerds alone. I roleplay. I enjoy it a lot. Does that make me a nerd? No.
But role-playing has the inherent flaw that you are putting a bit of yourself into your character, and so when your character is attacked you feel you are too. On this threadline, that is a very accurate feeling.

When characters are not restrained in power, people go over the top. 'Twinks' appear. That is bad. The only way everyone can enjoy themselves is if everyone is constantly mature- And this is impossible. So role-playing here will always be plagued by troubles. My advice is:
If you want to role-play, try a dedicated set of chat rooms- I frequent the ones at [url="http://"http://www.white-wolf.com"]White Wolf[/url] quite a bit. If you don't want to roleplay, ignore the threads that involve it.
And if you want to roleplay here: GROW UP!

Thankyou for your time.

------------------
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only
Sundered Angel,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic