Ambrosia Software Web Board: Remastered Cythera Music? - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Remastered Cythera Music?

#1 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:22 PM

I was looking back at this topic where Randy Pringle was interviewed:
http://www.ambrosias...howtopic=130035

Anyways, I looked around his site and found some interesting things.

The first is a remastered version of City of Mystery (which was a bonus track never used in the original Cythera game):

The second is what I think is a Remaster and slightly rearranged version of the Land King Hall theme now named, The Hourglass:

(splitting for attachments)

The third is another remastered and rearranged version of the Catamarca theme under the title, Serenity :
http://www.absolutestudio.net/Serenity.mp3

What do yall think? Do they match up? Feel free to check out the rest of Mr. Pringle's music on his website here:
http://www.absolutes....net/music.html

And if you're reading this, then thanks again for the great tunes, Mr. Pringle. I'd love to hear more remastered versions of the Cythera OST.

#2 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:12 AM

Those are super awesome Nezmy, thank you for sharing!! Serenity sounds so much like Catamarca, only without the screeching ^_^ The LKH one, I don't think I even would have recognized if you hadn't said it was the remastered Hourglass @_@ He really changed that one! Good finds :D
I'll become even more undignified than this

#3 User is offline   Wizard 

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:35 PM

It seems all of us think on the same wavelength. I was really amused when I saw this post, TwoJacks, since I had been working with Bryce's delvmod to extract and resynthesize the original tracks at the time. I haven't yet sent them to Randy Pringle, but I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be interested in doing his own remaster of the music equipped with the MIDI files. In the meantime, check out the other topic about a new Cythera soundtrack with the MIDI files and visit cytheraguides.com/soundtrack to download it!

#4 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:12 AM

View PostWizard, on 15 June 2018 - 04:35 PM, said:

It seems all of us think on the same wavelength. I was really amused when I saw this post, TwoJacks, since I had been working with Bryce's delvmod to extract and resynthesize the original tracks at the time. I haven't yet sent them to Randy Pringle, but I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be interested in doing his own remaster of the music equipped with the MIDI files. In the meantime, check out the other topic about a new Cythera soundtrack with the MIDI files and visit cytheraguides.com/soundtrack to download it!

This is great news! Thanks, Wiz! And I bet he would, he seems pretty jazzed about it last time.

#5 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:06 PM

Good finds, TwoJacks.

It would be interesting to see what changes Mr. Pringle would make to the music if he did remaster it.

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 09 April 2018 - 07:12 AM, said:

Serenity sounds so much like Catamarca, only without the screeching ^_^

Still not a big fan of the Catamarca theme, I take it :P ?
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users