• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hey all

#1 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:44 PM

It's been too long. I've wanted to say something sooner but I guess I didn't want to face it. Life makes us all busy, and mine has given me more than my fair share of things to be busy with. I don't think I'll be able to contribute to the OoR story anymore for the foreseeable future but I wanted to thank all of you who wrote with me for giving me the chance to write and be creative. Growing up it really meant a lot for me and without it I don't think I'd be writing like I am today.

While in college I made a friend and he and I have become close writing partners. Currently we're working on a 6 season animated fantasy show (I know it's ambitious) with the hopes of one day selling it to a network. We've outlined all the seasons and have the first 3 episodes written out and plan to move forward once we've finished the first season.

Obviously things I learned here helped me in being able to write something like this, and looking back these were some of the funnest times I had writing. If yall ever come to the Bay Area please hit me up and let's hang out. (And I still make a bunch of typos, I just actually proofraed this this time)

#2 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:54 AM

Hey Jacks,

Nice to hear you've been doing well. Hope your show makes it. I hear it can be tough appeasing a network, but at least these days you may be able to fall back to the digital publishers (Netflix et all) if that doesn't work out.

I've still got your OoR notes, so your ideas shall live on, if your participation does not.

Good luck, and don't forget to run your spell-cheque!
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#3 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2016 - 03:48 PM

Hi Nezmy! Dude, we've missed you so much @_@ I'm really happy to hear you're still writing. I don't suppose we'd be allowed to read those three episodes? It's been a really long time since I've gotten to read anything you've written. Definitely keep us updated about that show ^_^

I'm bummed that you won't be able to come back to OoR, though I wasn't really expecting that you would. Sely and Tyry already have the rest of the story mapped out (but have other priorities preventing them from getting it written down anytime soon) - imagine how golden a Nezmy Plot Twist would be right now? :D Oh well, it's been a great story & I know the ending will be great too.

It's good to hear from you!
I'll become even more undignified than this

#4 User is offline   Two Jacks 

• internet poet
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:51 AM

View PostAvatara, on 22 November 2016 - 03:54 AM, said:

Hey Jacks,

Nice to hear you've been doing well. Hope your show makes it. I hear it can be tough appeasing a network, but at least these days you may be able to fall back to the digital publishers (Netflix et all) if that doesn't work out.

I've still got your OoR notes, so your ideas shall live on, if your participation does not.

Good luck, and don't forget to run your spell-cheque!

Thanks for keeping up with the story and yeah it's mainly just a long term goal for now!

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 23 November 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

Hi Nezmy! Dude, we've missed you so much @_@ I'm really happy to hear you're still writing. I don't suppose we'd be allowed to read those three episodes? It's been a really long time since I've gotten to read anything you've written. Definitely keep us updated about that show ^_^

I'm bummed that you won't be able to come back to OoR, though I wasn't really expecting that you would. Sely and Tyry already have the rest of the story mapped out (but have other priorities preventing them from getting it written down anytime soon) - imagine how golden a Nezmy Plot Twist would be right now? :D Oh well, it's been a great story & I know the ending will be great too.

It's good to hear from you!

Plot twist: Yomu turns into a mouse and scares Saltwax into being good boys. The End.

But since you asked so nicely, here's a couple things I've written:

Death on a Sidewalk

I had a dream last night that I died.
I was in a city walking near apartment buildings. I was scrolling through my phone, picking out music. It was morning, before noon, and when I looked up from my phone I noticed a man coming towards me. Before I could react he had stabbed me and thrown me to the ground. He didn't take anything from me or do anything weird with my body. He just kept walking on. I didn't really know what was happening as I bled out on the ground. I just remember waking up moments later and seeing my phone on the sidewalk. I wanted to call my sister, I felt a bit panicked, and when I tried to pick up my phone up, I couldn't grasp it. I tried retracing my steps and the memories of my death came back to me. I calmed down a bit and tried to think. I stood there in the overcast light, everything was still, everything was quiet and so, I figured I had to be dead. Geez. I didn't know what to do but I felt like I should at least do something. I didn't feel afraid now, I felt kind of confused, and little frustrated maybe. Like being the first kid to be outed in a game of dodgeball and then being stuck, waiting for the game to finish. I stood there on the sidewalk. My last thought was, "Well, this is my existence now. Better figure it out." and then the dream faded.

No Title No. 8

You think this distance will set you free.
But the sound that echoes down the hall
Is a completely different song.
And the player who ignores all the pieces,
Plays no game at all.
So push as far as you want,
And build twice as high. With
Nothing there to thrill you, and
No restive lullaby.

#5 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:51 PM

Awesome, thanks Nezmy! :D That dream sounds pretty depressing :\ I guess being a ghost isn't all fun and games.

I'm curious about the topic of that poem. It's obviously about some kind of game that involves both music and building. Is it a deckbuilder game where you put together an orchestra? That would be interesting ^_^
I'll become even more undignified than this

#6 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:56 PM

Hello, Two Jacks.

Good to hear from you and glad you're doing well. I'm sorry to hear you don't expect to be post in OoR again (although at the very slow rate the story is going, I wouldn't rule it out completely if I were you), but I'm glad to hear you're writing and I hope your show does well. Remember to stop by and visit when you can.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#7 User is offline   Mackilroy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:52 PM

Oh, look, a TwoJacks.
At last he came to a door, with these words in glowing emeralds: THE END OF THE WORLD. He did not hesitate. He opened the door and stepped through.

#8 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:54 PM

A Mackilroy? Impossible! Those are almost as mythical as Wizards!
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users