• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sail: Chapter 21 a Cythera novel

#1 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

I could have had the last chron of 2014, but I went for the first chron of 2015 instead. :V

[scrubbed]

This post has been edited by iKaterei: 14 December 2015 - 06:42 AM

#2 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

So sad! I didn't expect Kako to be there when Tiernan discovered Maika dead. Very sad ): It was nice that Tiernan didn't accuse Kako of being responsible. I wonder if he suspects her? Even if it was Parr to betray him, Kako was the one to bring Parr. Maybe Tiernan's too sad to worry about blame right now.

In the previous chapters, I didn't realize the light alarm was only activated by humans. I assumed Suriel himself would activate it too, but maybe Tiernan knew Suriel would always send someone else to do the dirty work.

When K yelled at Suriel and made a rainstorm, I wonder if Tiernan heard/noticed? Was she far enough away?

I wonder about who actually killed Maika. I thought in DM, Iannah killed her, but I couldn't find that scene, so maybe I made that up. I wonder if it's possible that Iannah's already working for Suriel in this story? o_O That would be a twist.

I appreciate the Rhonos/Kateiko material in this chapter ^_^ It's just enough evidence to ship them, but not too much to make ruin the fun of an improbable ship ^_^

I hope you're able to overcome your 1999-word block on chapter 22! I can't wait to read it ^_^
I'll become even more undignified than this

#3 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 01 January 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

It was nice that Tiernan didn't accuse Kako of being responsible. I wonder if he suspects her? Even if it was Parr to betray him, Kako was the one to bring Parr. Maybe Tiernan's too sad to worry about blame right now.

you'll just have to wait and see in the next chapter tra la la

In the previous chapters, I didn't realize the light alarm was only activated by humans. I assumed Suriel himself would activate it too, but maybe Tiernan knew Suriel would always send someone else to do the dirty work.

Otherwise it would go off every time there was a strong wind. Tiernan set it after Caladheå declared war because he was worried about both armies coming for him. He always figured if Suriel came in person, he was probably done for anyway.

When K yelled at Suriel and made a rainstorm, I wonder if Tiernan heard/noticed? Was she far enough away?

She was pretty far away, but he was too distraught to notice anyway.

I wonder about who actually killed Maika. I thought in DM, Iannah killed her, but I couldn't find that scene, so maybe I made that up.

We just talked about it on IRC, but for the record, Iannah didn't kill Madaya and wasn't an assassin at this point in time.

I wonder if it's possible that Iannah's already working for Suriel in this story? o_O That would be a twist.

It sure would!

#4 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:05 PM

View PostiKaterei, on 01 January 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

Otherwise it would go off every time there was a strong wind. Tiernan set it after Caladheå declared war because he was worried about both armies coming for him. He always figured if Suriel came in person, he was probably done for anyway.

Ah, that makes sense ^_^

View PostiKaterei, on 01 January 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

We just talked about it on IRC, but for the record, Iannah didn't kill Madaya and wasn't an assassin at this point in time.

It was kind of bugging me that I couldn't remember where I got the idea that Iannah killed Moonshadow, so I poked around a bit, and I think I figured it out. I implied it in one of my satire fanfics for The Glass Menagerie. It's pretty bad when you take your own parodies for canon, isn't it? :\

#5 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

I wonder if Suriel believed Marijka would not help him or if he asked and was refused. Of course, he might simply have decided to the source (Tiernan) was more valuable.

From the description in the text (that is, there seems to be no sign of struggle), it sounds like Marijka might have known whoever came.

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 01 January 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

I wonder about who actually killed Maika. I thought in DM, Iannah killed her, but I couldn't find that scene, so maybe I made that up. I wonder if it's possible that Iannah's already working for Suriel in this story? o_O That would be a twist.

In DM, unless something has changed of which I am unaware, alt-Selax did it.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#6 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

As usual, I'm too lazy to check, but I actually got the impression that there was a struggle because the stone wolf (and some other stuff?) had been destroyed.

Also, I thought in DM that Selax sent a crony to kill Moonshadow, but I probably just made that up (I thought it was Iannah, after all). I'm guessing in Sail, it was a Suriel-crony, since the light alarm was set off?

#7 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

There was a struggle in the kitchen, resulting in the stone wolf, the decorative plates, and a bunch of alchemical supplies being broken (hence the dried herbs Kako steps on when they first get there.) The outside door is undamaged, a point which I haven't decided whether or where to include yet.

#8 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:28 AM

Happy New Year everybody?

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 04 January 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

Also, I thought in DM that Selax sent a crony to kill Moonshadow, but I probably just made that up (I thought it was Iannah, after all)

I don't know if it's ever explicitly mentioned. The relevant lines from this post are:

"We negotiated an agreement. Once Selax knew that your wife was the main thing keeping you from helping him, getting you on his side was as simple as removing her, or so he thought. He would make it look like ruffians had done it. I... I promised that after she was gone, I would try and persuade you to help him, since I knew you would still be reluctant. In exchange, I made Selax promise that you would be safe after you aided him, and that he would never ask you for help again. It was the only thing I could ask for to make up, even a little bit, for what I had done to you."

"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users