Ambrosia Software Web Board: The Unofficial Avriana Story, part 1: Wishful Thinking - Ambrosia Software Web Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Unofficial Avriana Story, part 1: Wishful Thinking

#1 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:37 AM

Edit:
I doubt anyone will see this edit, but I guess if you're here, it's because you wanted to read this story. I'm sorry, but it's a terrible story, and I want to delete it before I (like everyone else) lose access to my account. Archives probably exist if you're determined, but I recommend against reading this story.

This post has been edited by BreadWorldMercy453: 07 November 2018 - 10:27 AM

I'll become even more undignified than this

#2 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:10 PM

Awww, I feel bad for Adriana now. :( It's neat getting to see the story from her viewpoint. I can't really blame her for disliking Avatara or Katerei, especially since Menelaus was so likable in comparison. (She should have confessed her love sooner though! Silly girl!)

You say it's not canon, but it's pretty authentic to both the game and Trial/Hym. I think the sequencing makes enough sense (I'd have to go write a comparative timeline to be sure and that sounds like too much effort.) Maybe Peleus was too afraid of angry-Adriana to tell her about Avatara's trip to Menelaus' house until later.

Maybe he believed in letting his actions do the talking, or maybe his saving-the-world skills were making up for poor social skills.

Well… that's probably accurate… :rolleyes:

Poor Kat. Left out of the history books, dismissed as some vapid, violent groupie of a criminal, and now Adriana is coming to steal away her one true love. :<

…but I'm excited for Part 2 anyway! :D

#3 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

Heehee, you're right, I really should have mentioned Katerei when Adriana was reading the book. Assume she's extensively in the book, but Adriana was too busy obsessing over Avatara to pay attention to the other heroes :x That's my excuse anyway, I was too busy working on Avriana to remember all the other characters she should have been learning about.

On the timeline, I know I messed up with Katerei and Adriana fighting before Adriana got Avatara's clothes, and I don't know how well I did with the rest of it. After I finished writing it, Tyry told me that The Trial takes place 11 years after the game, so hopefully this fanfic works with that (I tried to be vague about dates).

Thanks for reading my fanfic! ^_^

#4 User is offline   Avatara 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 20 December 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

I saw red and it took all my willpower not to Mystic Arrow this chick.

My favorite line in the story (don't ask me why).
"Sometimes I get confused whether I'm posting on ATT or in the War Room. But then I remind myself: If it's moderators acting scatter-brained and foolish, then it's the War Room*.

*Unless it's Avatara, of course."
-- From the memoirs of Sundered Angel

#5 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 20 December 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

Heehee, you're right, I really should have mentioned Katerei when Adriana was reading the book. Assume she's extensively in the book, but Adriana was too busy obsessing over Avatara to pay attention to the other heroes :x

To be fair it sounds like Adriana never learned Katerei's name, so maybe she never made the connection. It'd be kind of funny for her to suddenly figure out who Kat is in part 2. :>

#6 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:54 AM

Tyry- ^_^ (To be fair, Katerei would probably beat Adriana in a fight)

Kat- I don't know whether or not Adriana knows Katerei's name! I guess I'll have to decide that in Part 2 :D

Also, maybe it's not realistic to say Adriana was pining over Menelaus for several years and never told him. I made a lot of assumptions that probably aren't canon (Adriana was in love with Menelaus, "evidenced" by how much his death affected her, Menelaus wasn't in love was Adriana, "evidenced" by him flirting with & kissing Saria, etc.). My idea is that Adriana knew on some level that Menelaus wouldn't be interested in marrying her, so she kept quiet & tried to preserve their friendship; but she could never quite stop hoping.

#7 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

Well, this was certainly a creative story (or, at least, it's a plot that didn't occur to me) :P .

Adriana probably should talk with Lindus before running off, I think. He might have some information that she would find useful.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

#8 User is offline   BreadWorldMercy453 

• Minion #453
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

I'm too lazy to try to re-work it so that Adriana never knew Katerei's name, so I put in a minor edit to note that she acknowledged Katerei in the hero book (I added like one sentence, you don't need to go up and look for it). After this, she should start mostly thinking of her as Katerei instead of "the blue girl," as a sign of respect. Or, less disrespect, anyway.

Part 2 is close to finished! Hopefully in the next few days @_@ I don't have any ideas for Part 3, so likely Part 2 will be the end of this series.

#9 User is offline   iKaterei 

• lazy harp seal
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

View PostBreadWorldMercy453, on 07 February 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

I added like one sentence, you don't need to go up and look for it.

I totally went up and looked for it.

#10 User is offline   Selax 

• Lord Rapierian of the Sith
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

View PostiKaterei, on 07 February 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

I totally went up and looked for it.

I didn't.
Long Live Cythera! Long Live the Cythera Web Board!

I now run a TS Character Killing Service.

Selax

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users